Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Questions, questions 23:08 - Nov 18 with 22950 viewsBartRowou

This Oldham game then.

As Latics fans are openly discussing coming into the home end on their fora and the authorities have decided that it's not all-ticket, despite making so many less attractive matches all-ticket in the past, what is being done to prevent disorder?

The accent/postcode check isn't going to work so all we are left with is a Dale-related trivia question which has to be answered correctly at the turnstiles to guarantee admission to the home stands.

Question 1: Between 1993 and 1996, which colour socks did Rochdale wear only once?

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Questions, questions on 14:12 - Nov 19 with 4446 viewsaleanddale

Questions, questions on 10:52 - Nov 19 by tazzydjr

the easiest solution to any potential problems that day such as a repeat of Stockport County would be to give them the Full Allocation of Willbutt's even a couple of seats with the lot from Main Stand these fans wont care if they go 0-1 up and are in somewhere like Sandy or the Pearl
[Post edited 19 Nov 2014 10:55]

I think I got that Taz,,

Oldham have already have sold out Willbutts though hence the debate.

rather 500 in a corner of the main stand for me than several pockets all over the ground.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2014 14:13]
Questions, questions on 14:30 - Nov 19 with 4376 viewsdingdangblue

Questions, questions on 14:12 - Nov 19 by aleanddale

I think I got that Taz,,

Oldham have already have sold out Willbutts though hence the debate.

rather 500 in a corner of the main stand for me than several pockets all over the ground.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2014 14:13]

I think Taz means give Oldham 3600 seats as in 'full allocation' and not the 3000 we have given them due to it being unreserved seating. I don't think this would be possible now unless you made the extra 600 sit in reserved seating in one complete block - and that's not going to happen. It should have been reserved seating from the start.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Questions, questions on 14:51 - Nov 20 with 4073 viewsBiffo_Boy

Latics fan in peace here.

We have requested and sold a further 200 tickets now taking us to 3200 sold. From what you've been saying on this thread is this the maximum amount now we can havewith the seating in the stand being unreserved?

Also there will be undoubtebly a fair amount of our "banning order" lot heading across the A627M for the game who always seem to head into the town centre for a drink. Any recommendations where a few of us less neanderthal types can go for a decent drink and some friendly banter instead?
Questions, questions on 15:37 - Nov 20 with 4009 viewsaleanddale

Questions, questions on 14:51 - Nov 20 by Biffo_Boy

We have requested and sold a further 200 tickets now taking us to 3200 sold. From what you've been saying on this thread is this the maximum amount now we can havewith the seating in the stand being unreserved?

Also there will be undoubtebly a fair amount of our "banning order" lot heading across the A627M for the game who always seem to head into the town centre for a drink. Any recommendations where a few of us less neanderthal types can go for a decent drink and some friendly banter instead?

Plenty of options normaly BB but this Saturday has getting ugly written all over it.

Honestly i would have a pint in your local and come - park up - head down and get into the ground.

Both sides it seems have idiots.

Regrettably I am not sure that with the additional "Hype" there will be any friendly banter anywhere.
Questions, questions on 19:23 - Nov 20 with 3874 viewsdalefan

Questions, questions on 14:51 - Nov 20 by Biffo_Boy

The Ratcliffe arms at the ground welcomes both home and away supporters
Questions, questions on 09:44 - Nov 21 with 3711 viewsParkinsGimp

Well lets hope The Ratcliffe Arms can deal with idiots who seem to going back in time and giving it large.....the biffos really are embarassing.
Questions, questions on 18:40 - Nov 24 with 3424 views442Dale

Oldham info on the OS today:
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/oldham-athletic-pay-on-the-day-for-hom

Thread on the Latics forum:
http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/46155-rochdale-spare-tickets/page-4#entry7

"Me and 5 of my mates plus my dad are in the main stand."

"I think from what I've seen from previous trips to Dale that the Main stand would be the one to head for if you're planning on interloping."

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Questions, questions on 19:07 - Nov 24 with 3347 viewsdale1968

I'm sure that GMP, and their great tact with dealing with Footie Fans, will enjoy their trip to San Spotty on Saturday Especially getting their Arrest Figures up.

Find It very very strange that as a High Cat game this has not been made All Ticket.

Ah Well lets see.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Login to get fewer ads

Questions, questions on 19:39 - Nov 24 with 3267 viewstazzydjr

Questions, questions on 19:07 - Nov 24 by dale1968

I'm sure that GMP, and their great tact with dealing with Footie Fans, will enjoy their trip to San Spotty on Saturday Especially getting their Arrest Figures up.

Find It very very strange that as a High Cat game this has not been made All Ticket.

Ah Well lets see.

I'm sure there more interested in the "Inevitable Terror Threat" than some game between Rochdale & Some other team from the wrong side of Royton

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Questions, questions on 19:56 - Nov 24 with 3234 viewstazzydjr

This is another reason why it isn't all ticket

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/46280-rochdale-v-oldham-pound-for-pound-fo

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Questions, questions on 13:44 - Nov 25 with 2906 viewsJimmyRustler

Some donut on the Facebook page is saying that he reckons there'll be 300 Biffos in Sandy Lane.

LOL
Questions, questions on 14:04 - Nov 25 with 2865 viewsDomDale

Questions, questions on 13:44 - Nov 25 by JimmyRustler

Some donut on the Facebook page is saying that he reckons there'll be 300 Biffos in Sandy Lane.

LOL

Nothing against them selling 3,2k in the away stand, bloody good going.
I doubt there will be that many oldham fans in the home ends.
But from the noises on social media their fooling an element seem to reckon they'll have 4k-4,5k at the game. There's no way of knowing or stopping this happen of course. But you've got to ask. Why don't they have that many at home every week? Big following for a match they don't care about because City are their rivals.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Questions, questions on 14:17 - Nov 25 with 2840 viewsoa85

Questions, questions on 14:04 - Nov 25 by DomDale

Nothing against them selling 3,2k in the away stand, bloody good going.
I doubt there will be that many oldham fans in the home ends.
But from the noises on social media their fooling an element seem to reckon they'll have 4k-4,5k at the game. There's no way of knowing or stopping this happen of course. But you've got to ask. Why don't they have that many at home every week? Big following for a match they don't care about because City are their rivals.

There will be about 200/300 in the home ends I reckon, those who say there will be over 4000 are talking bollocks, probably about 3600 latics in total which is close or even lower to most of our home gates this season.
Questions, questions on 15:04 - Nov 25 with 2785 viewsDomDale

Questions, questions on 14:17 - Nov 25 by oa85

There will be about 200/300 in the home ends I reckon, those who say there will be over 4000 are talking bollocks, probably about 3600 latics in total which is close or even lower to most of our home gates this season.

More realistic. Gotta ask why we haven't opened our full away end up...

Hopefully those who have found themselves in the home end behave.
Looking forward to this the closer it gets, what promotion is all about. Big crowds (for us) and a good atmosphere. 3200 oldham fans miles better than 50 Dagenham fans.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Questions, questions on 15:38 - Nov 25 with 2718 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Questions, questions on 15:04 - Nov 25 by DomDale

Looking forward to this the closer it gets, what promotion is all about. Big crowds (for us) and a good atmosphere. 3200 oldham fans miles better than 50 Dagenham fans.

......meanwhile. a few miles down the road at gigg cabbage patch,the champions elect entertain Dagenham & Redbridge!

Go Daggers Go!
Questions, questions on 22:08 - Nov 25 with 2461 viewsYouTubeDale

Colin Garlick saying there could be 7000 at Spotland on Saturday and tickets in home areas selling well. I bet they are !!! With Latics supporters buying them up !! If they score I don't want to hear a peep out of them in the Main Stand.

He urges us to buy tickets too !!!

Oh, and get in early is his advice.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Questions, questions on 22:10 - Nov 25 with 2453 views442Dale

Questions, questions on 22:08 - Nov 25 by YouTubeDale

Colin Garlick saying there could be 7000 at Spotland on Saturday and tickets in home areas selling well. I bet they are !!! With Latics supporters buying them up !! If they score I don't want to hear a peep out of them in the Main Stand.

He urges us to buy tickets too !!!

Oh, and get in early is his advice.

Was the info about buying tickets in advance announced over the tannoy?

Can't remember seeing anything in the programme.

Questions, questions on 22:15 - Nov 25 with 2403 viewsYouTubeDale

Questions, questions on 22:10 - Nov 25 by 442Dale

I don't know about the tannoy.

Garlick puts his news out on Daleplayer as you know.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Questions, questions on 22:22 - Nov 25 with 2353 views442Dale

Questions, questions on 22:15 - Nov 25 by YouTubeDale

I don't know about the tannoy.

Garlick puts his news out on Daleplayer as you know.

I know from reports from people who have Daleplayer, and it was mentioned on the OS yesterday, but was asking if the wider audience on Saturday was made aware.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2014 22:25]

Questions, questions on 22:27 - Nov 25 with 2301 viewsTVOS1907

Questions, questions on 22:10 - Nov 25 by 442Dale

I was certainly not given any details about publicising information above and beyond what I normally put in TVOS.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Questions, questions on 22:39 - Nov 25 with 2228 viewsTalkingSutty

Questions, questions on 15:04 - Nov 25 by DomDale

What's Oldhams average home support this season, about 3700? They are very giddy about this game anybody would think they are above us in the league, they need to calm down a bit and chill. It's funny how a visit to the mighty Dale can attract Latics fans who don't even attend games at Boundary Park, they really do see us as a big game, much as they try to deny it....bless.

I would imagine there will be a few Biffos in the home end but if they have any sense they will watch the match and not start trying to draw attention to themselves by acting up. I don't mind any decent Oldham fan sitting near me, it's alll money in the clubs coffers.
Questions, questions on 07:04 - Nov 26 with 1998 viewsaleanddale

Questions, questions on 15:38 - Nov 25 by Yorkshire_Dale

......meanwhile. a few miles down the road at gigg cabbage patch,the champions elect entertain Dagenham & Redbridge!

Go Daggers Go!

#Obsessed

Giggle could be a little quiet on Saturday - will struggle to get more than 2800 i recon.

Unless the Walter Mitty has been round all the schools again with his 1200+ free tickets.

Anyway more important matters >> I think 7000 is pushing it but it will be a bumper gate and a fantastic pay day for the Dale.

we need it our next home game is the 20th December!!!*

*unless we draw at the Rec on the 7th.
Questions, questions on 09:07 - Nov 26 with 1904 viewsHurrikeen

Questions, questions on 22:39 - Nov 25 by TalkingSutty

What's Oldhams average home support this season, about 3700? They are very giddy about this game anybody would think they are above us in the league, they need to calm down a bit and chill. It's funny how a visit to the mighty Dale can attract Latics fans who don't even attend games at Boundary Park, they really do see us as a big game, much as they try to deny it....bless.

I would imagine there will be a few Biffos in the home end but if they have any sense they will watch the match and not start trying to draw attention to themselves by acting up. I don't mind any decent Oldham fan sitting near me, it's alll money in the clubs coffers.

Latics fan here.

First off - well done on your result yesterday. Best outcome from Latics' point of view, but shame you couldn't hold on for the win?

Now for Saturday....

I wouldn’t look too much into the fact we’re taking 3,500+ as any indication we view you as a massive rival — the majority of us just like the whole “away-day” novelty, even if this does happen to be less than 10 miles away from BP.

To me and those I’m going with it’s just a day out on the lash from breakfast time, a game between two sides playing well at a ground not too far away. I think the problem we have at BP is that it’s simply not a good match-day experience (football-aside). The two home stands need redeveloping as they’re dated, wooden, decrepid messes, and the best stand we have at the moment is the away stand! When the new stand is finally completed, and providing we’re still playing attractive football at the right end of the table, I believe the home attendances will slowly rise.

Given we’ve taken over 1,000 away supporters to a few games already this season, it’s no surprise to me that it’s sold out. Whether we’d have taken the 3,200 up so quickly had either of us been in the bottom 4 I’m not sure, but I doubt it.

There’s a thread on OWTB about how this is an odd derby in the sense that there’s no real feeling towards each other. The odd person sees this is as a big game, and sees you as a rival, and I suppose there is nothing wrong with that at all — after all we’re in the same league, on the same points, and around 10 miles apart, but the fact we’ve rarely played each other over the years is a big factor in why there’s a majority sense of irrelevance between us.

As for potential trouble, I do hope not, but I’m amazed you’ve made it pay on the day. Is there a big reason why we couldn’t just be given the whole stand once the 3,200 had been snapped up so soon, as to me is was obvious from that point that you’d have Latics fans in the home ends.

I can honestly say, and I speak for friends and others here, that I’m pleased you’re up here doing so well. Whilst I obviously wouldn’t want it to be detrimental to our success, it’d be chuffed for you if you managed to make the play offs (or even better) this season. I have no issue with Rochdale whatsoever and if we don’t go up, then good luck to you.

Anyway, It should be a good game on Saturday. You rarely draw, we rarely lose, so I’m hoping that mean’s we’ll win 

Probable lineup:

Rachubka
Kusunga — Dieng — Wilson — Mills
Kelly
Johnson — Jones
Philliskirk
Ibehre - Forte

Rochdale 1-3 Latics (Forte x2 & Johnson)
Questions, questions on 10:20 - Nov 26 with 1825 viewsTalkingSutty

Questions, questions on 09:07 - Nov 26 by Hurrikeen

Latics fan here.

First off - well done on your result yesterday. Best outcome from Latics' point of view, but shame you couldn't hold on for the win?

Now for Saturday....

I wouldn’t look too much into the fact we’re taking 3,500+ as any indication we view you as a massive rival — the majority of us just like the whole “away-day” novelty, even if this does happen to be less than 10 miles away from BP.

To me and those I’m going with it’s just a day out on the lash from breakfast time, a game between two sides playing well at a ground not too far away. I think the problem we have at BP is that it’s simply not a good match-day experience (football-aside). The two home stands need redeveloping as they’re dated, wooden, decrepid messes, and the best stand we have at the moment is the away stand! When the new stand is finally completed, and providing we’re still playing attractive football at the right end of the table, I believe the home attendances will slowly rise.

Given we’ve taken over 1,000 away supporters to a few games already this season, it’s no surprise to me that it’s sold out. Whether we’d have taken the 3,200 up so quickly had either of us been in the bottom 4 I’m not sure, but I doubt it.

There’s a thread on OWTB about how this is an odd derby in the sense that there’s no real feeling towards each other. The odd person sees this is as a big game, and sees you as a rival, and I suppose there is nothing wrong with that at all — after all we’re in the same league, on the same points, and around 10 miles apart, but the fact we’ve rarely played each other over the years is a big factor in why there’s a majority sense of irrelevance between us.

As for potential trouble, I do hope not, but I’m amazed you’ve made it pay on the day. Is there a big reason why we couldn’t just be given the whole stand once the 3,200 had been snapped up so soon, as to me is was obvious from that point that you’d have Latics fans in the home ends.

I can honestly say, and I speak for friends and others here, that I’m pleased you’re up here doing so well. Whilst I obviously wouldn’t want it to be detrimental to our success, it’d be chuffed for you if you managed to make the play offs (or even better) this season. I have no issue with Rochdale whatsoever and if we don’t go up, then good luck to you.

Anyway, It should be a good game on Saturday. You rarely draw, we rarely lose, so I’m hoping that mean’s we’ll win 

Probable lineup:

Rachubka
Kelly
Johnson — Jones
Philliskirk
Ibehre - Forte

Hiya Hurrikeen

Should be a good atmosphere on Saturday and don't think the odd Pocket of Latics fans in the ground will cause much bother unless both sets of fans in that particular area are looking for it,I don't think I could say the same if it was bURY. The Dale v bury game means far more to Rochdale fans than this game and most fans I speak to don't have much feeling towards Latics either way. For me it's bury, Stockport (very funny)and then Burnley.

Should be a cracker on Saturday, pity we are missing Done and Vincenti,we picked up injuries to Lund and Dawson also last night so haven't got a clue what team we will put out but we have a decent squad. With a full strength team I would be confident of a win but not sure how the team is going to look for Saturday.

Enjoy your day.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2014 10:27]
Questions, questions on 10:36 - Nov 26 with 1788 viewsSympatheticTic

Questions, questions on 09:07 - Nov 26 by Hurrikeen

Latics fan here.

Now for Saturday....

Probable lineup:

Rachubka
Kelly
Johnson — Jones
Philliskirk
Ibehre - Forte

Another Latics fan here. I posted something similar in a related thread (just after we sold our allocation). Seems Dale fans know better though and, despite numerous people saying the same thing, apparently our dilapidated ground and 20 years of League 1 football doesn't excuse our poorest gates in my lifetime. We're all really excited about playing our rivals.

It's a bus ride away and not taking place at BP. Hardly surprising we're taking a decent following.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024