Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Questions, questions 23:08 - Nov 18 with 23409 viewsBartRowou

This Oldham game then.

As Latics fans are openly discussing coming into the home end on their fora and the authorities have decided that it's not all-ticket, despite making so many less attractive matches all-ticket in the past, what is being done to prevent disorder?

The accent/postcode check isn't going to work so all we are left with is a Dale-related trivia question which has to be answered correctly at the turnstiles to guarantee admission to the home stands.

Question 1: Between 1993 and 1996, which colour socks did Rochdale wear only once?

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Questions, questions on 15:41 - Nov 26 with 2393 viewsaleanddale

Questions, questions on 15:22 - Nov 26 by oafc_ryan

Christ. Our home gates are so poor due to 18 years decaying in this god-awful league. If you honestly think a few wins is going to get us back into crowds of 6,000+ again after years of dejection and misery then you're sadly mistaken. You only have to look at the stats to see that as a percentage of home support we have some (top 5?) of the best away followings in the country. Whether you like it or not, it's a fact that we're a much bigger club than you, having two of the biggest clubs in the world on our doorsteps doesn't help either of our attendances. As for the big away following meaning we view you as a big game, that's bollocks, too. We're both having a fairly good seasons so far so that obviously adds to the crowd. We also have a lot more fans than our home crowds suggest, people quite simply don't enjoy visits to Boundary (sorry, sportsdirect.com) Park that much (due to various factors low goals return, years of poor football, competitively priced Premiership football little over 10 miles away, a poor stadium, lack of variation etc..), so instead they cherry-pick games. A local derby with a sold-out away end and both teams having good seasons is more appealing than a cold Tuesday night home game against MK Dons, fact.

There's always a risk of trouble in these games, I really hope there isn't any. It could have probably been sorted had your club given us allocated seating and/or a small section in another stand as it's not like we've just sold out, you've had a month to plan for this.

It has been sorted out.

Our away stand for unallocated seating is 3200.

we have given you 3200 tickets!!!

As a % total of the total stadium capacity it is right up there with every allocation in league 1. It is more than fair.

Just because you are now doing better than average and for some strange reason see this game as huge you have gone all billy big balls like you have a right to more tickets!

Your allocation is fine and is correct for the size of our ground.

Any away fans in the away end who do give it large i suspect will be swifty ejected from the ground so head down and shut up... what a crap way to watch a footy game.
Questions, questions on 15:42 - Nov 26 with 2391 views442Dale

Questions, questions on 15:26 - Nov 26 by oa85

spot on, I honestly don't get why people doubt is when we say the matchday experience puts people off BP, its cold and has been pretty much soulless since we dropped the Lookers stand, its no coincidence how much our attendences have dropped since that went down.

Was the Lookers stand a massive radiator then?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Questions, questions on 15:46 - Nov 26 with 2377 viewsoafc_ryan

Questions, questions on 15:41 - Nov 26 by aleanddale

It has been sorted out.

Our away stand for unallocated seating is 3200.

we have given you 3200 tickets!!!

As a % total of the total stadium capacity it is right up there with every allocation in league 1. It is more than fair.

Just because you are now doing better than average and for some strange reason see this game as huge you have gone all billy big balls like you have a right to more tickets!

Your allocation is fine and is correct for the size of our ground.

Any away fans in the away end who do give it large i suspect will be swifty ejected from the ground so head down and shut up... what a crap way to watch a footy game.

Surely it is within the interests of both Rochdale AFC and GMP to provide Oldham with a section, that otherwise wouldn't be filled by home fans, in order to prevent trouble?
Questions, questions on 15:50 - Nov 26 with 2359 viewsoafc_ryan

Questions, questions on 15:37 - Nov 26 by TalkingSutty

All your excuses for poor home attendances are not unique to Oldham you know. The reasons you give apply to all other lower division clubs around this area. Then you mention 18 years in league one, what do you want sympathy? If you do you have come to the wrong forum, double your 18 and spend it in the bottom division, that sorts the men from the boys so stop bleating!!

You had your allocation and sold out, you would think grown fellas could maybe access another part of the ground if they feel the need and watch a football match without drawing attention to themselves and upsetting people,it can't be that hard. The ones who really wanted to go had every opportunity to buy a ticket before they sold out, it's not rocket science.

I hope you're not expecting me to disagree with any of that? My initial point is that we have a lot more 'fans' than our home gates suggest.
Questions, questions on 15:57 - Nov 26 with 2341 viewsTalkingSutty

Questions, questions on 15:42 - Nov 26 by 442Dale

Was the Lookers stand a massive radiator then?

Excuses for Oldhams poor home crowds.

It's cold

We don't score many goals

We keep changing the manager

The grounds not nice

We can't get out of league one

It costs to much

Poor football

In the shadows of Utd and City

Knocked one of the stands down and it's stopped fans from coming to games

Like it or lump it, Latics are now at their level and are fortunate not to have slipped into league two over recent seasons. I view them as a bigger club than us with a bigger fan base but in reality when it comes to support neither town has anything to be proud of, two decent teams yet the public can't be bothered to turn up in numbers. Both clubs deserve better.
Questions, questions on 16:04 - Nov 26 with 2336 viewsTalkingSutty

Questions, questions on 15:50 - Nov 26 by oafc_ryan

I hope you're not expecting me to disagree with any of that? My initial point is that we have a lot more 'fans' than our home gates suggest.

So do we but just like Latics they don't turn up and attend games. I blame it all on Sky and the cost involved attending games but that's another debate. I would never say 'its cold'and it puts people off,that's something somebody down South would say.
Questions, questions on 16:11 - Nov 26 with 2310 viewsoafc_ryan

Questions, questions on 16:04 - Nov 26 by TalkingSutty

So do we but just like Latics they don't turn up and attend games. I blame it all on Sky and the cost involved attending games but that's another debate. I would never say 'its cold'and it puts people off,that's something somebody down South would say.

A lot of our Tuesday night game attendances are massively impacted by the poor-weather. A takeaway and a Champions League game on the TV is a much more attractive idea for the Oldham public than a freezing 1-1 draw against Scunthorpe at Boundary Park that cost £20+ to attend.
Questions, questions on 16:14 - Nov 26 with 2301 viewsRosun

It's a day out for 'em on the 409 chara, or even the tram for the fans from Derker.

At least we won't get to hear the "I wanna go home" song. I went to school in Oldham (Werneth) and Hitler wouldn't have wanted to dismantle and then re-assemble Oldham's Town Hall in Germany.
Login to get fewer ads

Questions, questions on 16:24 - Nov 26 with 2270 viewsoa85

Gordon f*ckin Bennett, that's the f*ckin pot and kettle right there.
Questions, questions on 16:25 - Nov 26 with 2268 viewsTalkingSutty

Questions, questions on 16:11 - Nov 26 by oafc_ryan

A lot of our Tuesday night game attendances are massively impacted by the poor-weather. A takeaway and a Champions League game on the TV is a much more attractive idea for the Oldham public than a freezing 1-1 draw against Scunthorpe at Boundary Park that cost £20+ to attend.

Suppose we are fortunate up at Spotland having our sub tropical climate😃 Seriously though I know what you are saying and once folk get out of the habit of going to games regularly it's hard to tempt them back. Let's face it there is no guarantee of any resemblance of enjoyment and you get to freeze your knackers off in the process. It makes you question your sanity at times!!
Questions, questions on 16:28 - Nov 26 with 2257 viewsD_Alien

Questions, questions on 16:14 - Nov 26 by Rosun

It's a day out for 'em on the 409 chara, or even the tram for the fans from Derker.

At least we won't get to hear the "I wanna go home" song. I went to school in Oldham (Werneth) and Hitler wouldn't have wanted to dismantle and then re-assemble Oldham's Town Hall in Germany.

He might have had it reassembled in Leningrad, just for a laugh.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Questions, questions on 16:51 - Nov 26 with 2193 viewsDomDale

Questions, questions on 15:57 - Nov 26 by TalkingSutty

Excuses for Oldhams poor home crowds.

It's cold

We don't score many goals

We keep changing the manager

The grounds not nice

We can't get out of league one

It costs to much

Poor football

In the shadows of Utd and City

Knocked one of the stands down and it's stopped fans from coming to games

Like it or lump it, Latics are now at their level and are fortunate not to have slipped into league two over recent seasons. I view them as a bigger club than us with a bigger fan base but in reality when it comes to support neither town has anything to be proud of, two decent teams yet the public can't be bothered to turn up in numbers. Both clubs deserve better.

"Like it or lump it, Latics are now at their level and are fortunate not to have slipped into league two over recent seasons. I view them as a bigger club than us with a bigger fan base but in reality when it comes to support neither town has anything to be proud of, two decent teams yet the public can't be bothered to turn up in numbers. Both clubs deserve better."

This. Oldham & Rochdale as towns are similar in size and demographic to Burnley and their crowds are triple sometimes quadruple Dale & Oldham. Yes, they've had recent success with the Premier League, but even when they were down in what is now League One & Two their support outshone ours. Two towns with flaky supporters.

Ahh well.. When Oldham get their annual FA Cup game with Liverpool they'll crawl out of the wood work.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2014 16:52]

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Questions, questions on 17:46 - Nov 26 with 2101 viewsoafc_ryan

Questions, questions on 16:25 - Nov 26 by TalkingSutty

Suppose we are fortunate up at Spotland having our sub tropical climate😃 Seriously though I know what you are saying and once folk get out of the habit of going to games regularly it's hard to tempt them back. Let's face it there is no guarantee of any resemblance of enjoyment and you get to freeze your knackers off in the process. It makes you question your sanity at times!!

Absolutely, we both struggle for crowds and it's sad, the clubs deserve better. I'd love a rivalry to build up as I like Rochdale, not in a patronising way, I will always respect your fan base as you have exactly the same issues as us with attracting locals. Being 16 the only rivalries I've really seen for a prolonged period of time are against Tranmere and Huddersfield, the former slipping into non-league obscurity and the latter consolidated in the Championship.
Questions, questions on 18:04 - Nov 26 with 2073 viewsDomDale

Questions, questions on 17:46 - Nov 26 by oafc_ryan

Absolutely, we both struggle for crowds and it's sad, the clubs deserve better. I'd love a rivalry to build up as I like Rochdale, not in a patronising way, I will always respect your fan base as you have exactly the same issues as us with attracting locals. Being 16 the only rivalries I've really seen for a prolonged period of time are against Tranmere and Huddersfield, the former slipping into non-league obscurity and the latter consolidated in the Championship.

Tranmere aren't non league though.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Questions, questions on 18:14 - Nov 26 with 2046 viewsoafc_ryan

Questions, questions on 18:04 - Nov 26 by DomDale

Tranmere aren't non league though.

SlippING, present tense. Six points clear of safety is a hell of a lot at this point. I hope they get out of it, that could be either of us.
Questions, questions on 18:21 - Nov 26 with 2035 viewsD_Alien

Questions, questions on 18:14 - Nov 26 by oafc_ryan

SlippING, present tense. Six points clear of safety is a hell of a lot at this point. I hope they get out of it, that could be either of us.

Edited...

OK I'll come clean. I was just about to post that any club that paid £10k for George Donnelly was only heading in one direction.

Then I remembered we paid something similar for him...
[Post edited 26 Nov 2014 18:30]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Questions, questions on 18:25 - Nov 26 with 2013 viewsTalkingSutty

Questions, questions on 18:14 - Nov 26 by oafc_ryan

You speak a lot of sense for a youngster(not patronising). Believe me spending 18 years in league one is a scenario not to be sniffed at,the alternative is to mortgage the future of your club knowing full well you can never repay the debt and hope it works out. You end up worrying for the very future of your club.

Stockport went down that route and there is a club not far from both of us who are currently living far above their means. Pay your way and keep battling to get out of the division,when you do it the right way and live within your means it tastes sweeter,nobody likes a cheat.

Enjoy the game and keep the faith.
Questions, questions on 18:51 - Nov 26 with 1948 viewsaleanddale

Questions, questions on 15:46 - Nov 26 by oafc_ryan

Surely it is within the interests of both Rochdale AFC and GMP to provide Oldham with a section, that otherwise wouldn't be filled by home fans, in order to prevent trouble?

You really have missed the point ( by a country mile )

Its our Home game,

we allocate ONE stand that holds 3200 - thats you allocation.

we will have the remaining three stands even if there are gaps as that is our right to do so.

There will be no trouble if the Oldham fans with a ticket for the away end get into Spotland and take a seat.

Yes there is an option of going in the main stand and shutting up as any fans who start to look like they are about to cause bother I suspect will be swifty ejected from the ground ( or worse shipped to the police station )

Now nobody wants that.

We will keep our 3 home stands thank you.
Questions, questions on 20:49 - Nov 26 with 1808 viewsscooby

Just had a quiet giggle... browsing the Oldham board, there are pics of Doran on there with a caption of "stay well away form these these two hard bastards". Wonder how many know that one of their top boys (from what i know...) grew up with and live directly across the road from Lee, were mates, and we all went to school together, same year...

Sad, but true...
Questions, questions on 20:59 - Nov 26 with 1774 viewsoafc_ryan

Questions, questions on 18:51 - Nov 26 by aleanddale

Its our Home game,

we will have the remaining three stands even if there are gaps as that is our right to do so.

There will be no trouble if the Oldham fans with a ticket for the away end get into Spotland and take a seat.

Yes there is an option of going in the main stand and shutting up as any fans who start to look like they are about to cause bother I suspect will be swifty ejected from the ground ( or worse shipped to the police station )

Now nobody wants that.

You're well within your rights to do that. However, any trouble will be self-inflicted as you have had over four weeks to prevent it.
Questions, questions on 21:00 - Nov 26 with 1773 viewsColDale

Questions, questions on 18:51 - Nov 26 by aleanddale

Its our Home game,

Now nobody wants that.

Had I been unable to get a ticket for an away game, I'd have had no hesitation trying to get in the home end. There'll be no problem with the occasional fan doing this.

I will assume that before Saturday, there will be a statement from GMP appearing on the OAFC website stating that there will be spotters at the home turnstiles and OAFC fans will be denied entry, and any inside the ground will be ejected without refund and run the risk of arrest. It won't put off those intending on going in the home ends and keeping their head down, and no one will worry about that.

The problem could come if there's an early Oldham goal, and buoyed by the confidence of seeing other OAFC fans around the home ends, fans get vocal in numbers.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Questions, questions on 22:01 - Nov 26 with 1675 viewsRotherhamDale

Questions, questions on 20:59 - Nov 26 by oafc_ryan

You're well within your rights to do that. However, any trouble will be self-inflicted as you have had over four weeks to prevent it.

Disagree. If there's any trouble, it'll be the fault of the individuals causing it.

If the Oldham fans want to go in the home ends then I really don't see the problem. All this talk of trouble will probably end up with fans mixing and behaving themselves. It generally does. It's not the 80's anymore.

Possession with progression.

Questions, questions on 22:14 - Nov 26 with 1646 viewsBartRowou

Questions, questions on 20:59 - Nov 26 by oafc_ryan

You speak a lot of sense but you're wrong on that one. Your club have been given plenty of tickets and done well to sell out. That's it. Fans without tickets shouldn't travel. That's it. That's how it works for every club in the country: Latics are no different.

To try and blame Dale for any potential trouble on Saturday is just wrong. If the tables were turned, and we were blaming you for only giving us the entire Rochdale Rd end and not half of your new stand too, you'd be seeing it from our point of view.

If Oldham fans are in the Dale stands and keep quiet then there won't be any trouble. However, last season, I had the misfortune to sit in front of a couple of Accy free ticket gobby types who took it upon themselves to slag off our players and cheer on theirs. It didn't go down well in the Main Stand and there were only two of them. If your club doesn't want to be the centre of attention for the wrong reasons, they should issue a statement making it quite clear that home stands are for home fans only.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Questions, questions on 22:31 - Nov 26 with 1607 viewsR17ALE

Questions, questions on 14:12 - Nov 26 by biffo4321

Latics fan in peace.

If you all do what you need to do on social media to get the Ernie Cooksey applause going, we'll do our bit to let our lot know.

For one minute, we can unite for a man that gave his all for both our clubs and was taken far too soon by a horrible, horrible illness.

I'm looking forward to a tasty atmosphere but at the end of the day it's only a game and a bit of banter!

Well said.

I think there should be a concerted effort from all present to remember the life of a really honest footballer who gave his all for both clubs.

I'll start clapping in the 4th minute. Would be great if the 'event' got coverage on the FLS!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Questions, questions on 23:04 - Nov 26 with 1535 viewsRosun

Questions, questions on 22:31 - Nov 26 by R17ALE

Well said.

I think there should be a concerted effort from all present to remember the life of a really honest footballer who gave his all for both clubs.

I'll start clapping in the 4th minute. Would be great if the 'event' got coverage on the FLS!

I'll do my best R17.
Gut feeling says all will be OK. The stewards will patrol the away stand with military precision and the GMP snatch squads will arrive at half time and evict anyone who doesn't agree with their mantra.
Top tip for OAFC fans. Find a seat and sit in it. It might not be where you want to sit initially but just go with the flow, there will be 400 empty seats in that stand due to Rochdale's fcuk up to nominate allocated seats. It's at the side of the pitch so there's no real advantage being in the middle as the Barnsley and Bradford and Preston muppets showed.
Enjoy the game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024