Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Questions, questions 23:08 - Nov 18 with 23405 viewsBartRowou

This Oldham game then.

As Latics fans are openly discussing coming into the home end on their fora and the authorities have decided that it's not all-ticket, despite making so many less attractive matches all-ticket in the past, what is being done to prevent disorder?

The accent/postcode check isn't going to work so all we are left with is a Dale-related trivia question which has to be answered correctly at the turnstiles to guarantee admission to the home stands.

Question 1: Between 1993 and 1996, which colour socks did Rochdale wear only once?

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Questions, questions on 23:14 - Nov 26 with 2862 viewstazzydjr

Questions, questions on 22:31 - Nov 26 by R17ALE

Well said.

I think there should be a concerted effort from all present to remember the life of a really honest footballer who gave his all for both clubs.

I'll start clapping in the 4th minute. Would be great if the 'event' got coverage on the FLS!

posted on RFU page dunno how many people it'll reach

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Questions, questions on 08:35 - Nov 27 with 2722 viewsaleanddale

Questions, questions on 20:59 - Nov 26 by oafc_ryan

You're well within your rights to do that. However, any trouble will be self-inflicted as you have had over four weeks to prevent it.

Nope,

Any trouble will not be self inflicted it will be because Oldham fans have taken it into there own hands to go into a designated home area.
Questions, questions on 08:47 - Nov 27 with 2711 viewsBIffoBiffoBiffo

Questions, questions on 08:35 - Nov 27 by aleanddale

Nope,

Any trouble will not be self inflicted it will be because Oldham fans have taken it into there own hands to go into a designated home area.

Latics have had fans of other teams in the home end at boundary park before, and it will happen again. It depends on how they are. If they are ok, then I've never seen a problem. If they are giving it out, the stewards will get rid.

Self inflicted? The only latics fans I know of going in the home end are a woman and her oap parents. If someone can't handle those 3 being near you whilst supporting another side without hitting them; then they should be locked up for the public's safety.

There seems to be a few kids on the internet getting a hard on because we are taking a big crowd. Personally I couldn't care less. It's about winning on Saturday, nothing more.

Trouble? Hopefully there won't be.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2014 8:53]
Questions, questions on 09:54 - Nov 27 with 2658 viewsParkinsGimp

Questions, questions on 16:51 - Nov 26 by DomDale

"Like it or lump it, Latics are now at their level and are fortunate not to have slipped into league two over recent seasons. I view them as a bigger club than us with a bigger fan base but in reality when it comes to support neither town has anything to be proud of, two decent teams yet the public can't be bothered to turn up in numbers. Both clubs deserve better."

This. Oldham & Rochdale as towns are similar in size and demographic to Burnley and their crowds are triple sometimes quadruple Dale & Oldham. Yes, they've had recent success with the Premier League, but even when they were down in what is now League One & Two their support outshone ours. Two towns with flaky supporters.

Ahh well.. When Oldham get their annual FA Cup game with Liverpool they'll crawl out of the wood work.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2014 16:52]

bURNLEY crowds come from yorkshire, not the lancashire town of bURNLEY, and a lot of older fan base from Rochdale.
There is no comparisson with bURNLEY , they have enjoyed success in Championship and Prem , with the lowest gates in the Prem,( possibly even worse than Wigans) , so they really are no comparisson to us.
As for Biffos, they have a better history than us of late, we need to change that, unfortunately with the times we are now in, I cannot see the crowds ever flooding back, with the change in town demographics and youngsters no longer interested in live games.
Hope any biffos in home ends behave themselves.
Questions, questions on 09:58 - Nov 27 with 2650 viewswidgibob

Questions, questions on 20:49 - Nov 26 by scooby

Just had a quiet giggle... browsing the Oldham board, there are pics of Doran on there with a caption of "stay well away form these these two hard bastards". Wonder how many know that one of their top boys (from what i know...) grew up with and live directly across the road from Lee, were mates, and we all went to school together, same year...

Sad, but true...

Please don't say it's Mr M "ten men"tiger jacket" Cooper.
From what I remember Mr (D)moran only had one friend at school.

Miguel, Miguel de Souza, his name's peculiar,Miguel de Souza...........HIYA MATE HIYA MATE HIYA MATE.

Questions, questions on 10:11 - Nov 27 with 2628 viewsaleanddale

Questions, questions on 08:47 - Nov 27 by BIffoBiffoBiffo

Latics have had fans of other teams in the home end at boundary park before, and it will happen again. It depends on how they are. If they are ok, then I've never seen a problem. If they are giving it out, the stewards will get rid.

Self inflicted? The only latics fans I know of going in the home end are a woman and her oap parents. If someone can't handle those 3 being near you whilst supporting another side without hitting them; then they should be locked up for the public's safety.

There seems to be a few kids on the internet getting a hard on because we are taking a big crowd. Personally I couldn't care less. It's about winning on Saturday, nothing more.

Trouble? Hopefully there won't be.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2014 8:53]

Your guy implied it would be Dales fault. ( earlier in the thread ).

I disagreed and said it would be the Galacticos* own fault

*Galacticos? Wow.

More the merrier for me any quiet Biffos who can come and watch the match but keep quiet with there head down fill your boots.

of course no normal person wants any trouble.

It might be worth pointing out and being clear on your own board that any trouble makers in the HOME ends will almost certainly spend a night Bed and Breakfast in a cell in the police station.

they will be ejected - and subject to the consequence.
Questions, questions on 16:49 - Nov 27 with 2474 viewsoafc_ryan

Questions, questions on 10:11 - Nov 27 by aleanddale

Your guy implied it would be Dales fault. ( earlier in the thread ).

I disagreed and said it would be the Galacticos* own fault

*Galacticos? Wow.

More the merrier for me any quiet Biffos who can come and watch the match but keep quiet with there head down fill your boots.

of course no normal person wants any trouble.

It might be worth pointing out and being clear on your own board that any trouble makers in the HOME ends will almost certainly spend a night Bed and Breakfast in a cell in the police station.

they will be ejected - and subject to the consequence.

What I'm saying that if any trouble is caused by Oldham fans in the home ends (sadly we have a minority of moronic supporters who may well try and cause trouble) it's surely down to Rochdale and GMP's incompetence. You've had a month to accommodate extra Oldham fans (we could sell another 500ish minimum). I really hope there's no trouble and any Oldham fans in the home ends who try to start any are kicked-out instantly. That's not unreasonable I don't think. Surely an extra section to ensure the safety of both sets of fans is better than being pedantic about wanting 3 half-empty (that's not a dig, by the way, just a fact) stands just for Dale fans because of pride reasons or whatever.
Questions, questions on 16:51 - Nov 27 with 2471 viewspioneer

Questions, questions on 20:59 - Nov 26 by oafc_ryan

You're well within your rights to do that. However, any trouble will be self-inflicted as you have had over four weeks to prevent it.

and how exactly do we prevent it - if we made it all ticket what stops Oldham fans buying tickets for the home stands?
Login to get fewer ads

Questions, questions on 16:56 - Nov 27 with 2461 viewsColDale

Questions, questions on 16:49 - Nov 27 by oafc_ryan

What I'm saying that if any trouble is caused by Oldham fans in the home ends (sadly we have a minority of moronic supporters who may well try and cause trouble) it's surely down to Rochdale and GMP's incompetence. You've had a month to accommodate extra Oldham fans (we could sell another 500ish minimum). I really hope there's no trouble and any Oldham fans in the home ends who try to start any are kicked-out instantly. That's not unreasonable I don't think. Surely an extra section to ensure the safety of both sets of fans is better than being pedantic about wanting 3 half-empty (that's not a dig, by the way, just a fact) stands just for Dale fans because of pride reasons or whatever.

Any trouble caused will be the fault of those causing it. Without doubt GMP could have organised things better than they have but that should not be used as an excuse by those involved and no doubt it will be.
Questions, questions on 18:17 - Nov 27 with 2366 viewsDaley_Lama

Last seasons' local derbies.

Home: Vincenti sent off
Away: Henderson sent off, Hogan crocked.

Now the threat of a numpty being sat in my seat from the other side of the motorway and it will all be RAFC's fault because they entered a stand for home fans only.

Derbies, bag of shyte.

Poll: DF in or out

Questions, questions on 18:17 - Nov 27 with 2366 views442Dale

Questions, questions on 16:56 - Nov 27 by ColDale

Any trouble caused will be the fault of those causing it. Without doubt GMP could have organised things better than they have but that should not be used as an excuse by those involved and no doubt it will be.

Would be interesting to know why GMP haven't insisted the game was made all ticket. So often in the past these sort of games have been, what's the thinking this time around?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Questions, questions on 18:26 - Nov 27 with 2356 viewsaleanddale

Ryan - i recon you are a youngish fella.

A nice enough youngish fella I will give you that. Debate on this board is always welcome - not like other message boards i could mention.

Life has rules - This is our home game and we can accomodate 3200 of you. I am sorry we dont play at a bigger stadium but thats life and 3200 is more than enough week in and week out.

we have season ticket holders in all other areas who have paid to sit where they like to sit.

Its not worth the agro and bad will moving these Dale fans and setting up a potential for conflict for pro rata very little cash in return ( the additional policing costs would wipe any extra money out )

so back to the rules. You all know that if you have a ticket for the away end as a club we will do our best to make sure you all have a great / safe matchday experience.

WE CANNOT ACCOMODATE ANY MORE!!

And again. I dont think many on here are bothered if 1000 Biffos sit in the home end as long as they pay there money and come and go quietly.

No doubt some Oldham fans will be in the home ends - but that doesnt mean you are right or that these fans have a devine right to be there.

Enjoy the game.. enjoy the day.

Pop back on here on Monday and let us know what you thought of the game and Spotland in general.
Questions, questions on 19:51 - Nov 27 with 2249 viewsrobbowood

Questions, questions on 09:54 - Nov 27 by ParkinsGimp

bURNLEY crowds come from yorkshire, not the lancashire town of bURNLEY, and a lot of older fan base from Rochdale.
There is no comparisson with bURNLEY , they have enjoyed success in Championship and Prem , with the lowest gates in the Prem,( possibly even worse than Wigans) , so they really are no comparisson to us.
As for Biffos, they have a better history than us of late, we need to change that, unfortunately with the times we are now in, I cannot see the crowds ever flooding back, with the change in town demographics and youngsters no longer interested in live games.
Hope any biffos in home ends behave themselves.

Burnley have always had one of the highest average attendance as a % of the population in the country - which although helped by being 'out of the way in the middle of nowhere' is a credit to their supporters

Few people in Burnley go to watch Man Utd and ManCity - unlike us Oldham and Bury to name but three
Questions, questions on 22:09 - Nov 27 with 2119 viewsTVOS1907

You've put some sensible, mature posts ts on here, Ryan, but it's not as simple as you're making out.

Firstly, if you were given extra accommodation (which I don't think you need in the numbers you quote), it means extra stewarding and extra segregation.

There are also rules governing turnstiles, entrance and exit gates, toilets, refreshment kiosks, etc. If home and away fans share the same stand, these rules are much more stringent and unfortunately impractical to implement unless the numbers justify it.

For example, Sandy Lane has two exit gates, one of which would only be used by Dale fans in an emergency.

If Oldham fans had been given a part of Sandy Lane, that means Dale fans have only one exit gate in an emergency. The impact of that would mean the capacity of that end being reduced for home fans and away fans, thereby defeating the object.

Some newer grounds have been designed to accommodate changing numbers of away fans. Unfortunately, Spotland is over 100 years old.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Questions, questions on 23:52 - Nov 27 with 2014 viewsscooby

Questions, questions on 09:58 - Nov 27 by widgibob

Please don't say it's Mr M "ten men"tiger jacket" Cooper.
From what I remember Mr (D)moran only had one friend at school.

No further comments, m'lord... ;) To be fair, they weren't really mates, I think little M looked out for D feeling sorry for him, or because his mum asked.
Questions, questions on 07:59 - Nov 28 with 1890 viewsBIffoBiffoBiffo

Questions, questions on 22:09 - Nov 27 by TVOS1907

You've put some sensible, mature posts ts on here, Ryan, but it's not as simple as you're making out.

Firstly, if you were given extra accommodation (which I don't think you need in the numbers you quote), it means extra stewarding and extra segregation.

There are also rules governing turnstiles, entrance and exit gates, toilets, refreshment kiosks, etc. If home and away fans share the same stand, these rules are much more stringent and unfortunately impractical to implement unless the numbers justify it.

For example, Sandy Lane has two exit gates, one of which would only be used by Dale fans in an emergency.

If Oldham fans had been given a part of Sandy Lane, that means Dale fans have only one exit gate in an emergency. The impact of that would mean the capacity of that end being reduced for home fans and away fans, thereby defeating the object.

Some newer grounds have been designed to accommodate changing numbers of away fans. Unfortunately, Spotland is over 100 years old.

Away fans should only be given a section in the home end on police advice.
At Bury when about 500 were locked out, it was stupid. Having 500 or so football fans walking about looking for somewhere to drink, but not being allowed in anywhere, when there was plenty of room in the ground is asking for trouble. Especially when Bury's idiot element know about it and look for them.
The police and Bury were at fault that day. The fact they left it pay on the day (some bought tickets) was the cause. Loads who had a ticket were left outside.

Rochdale have given us 3200 tickets, what the problem is with that, I don't know. If it was all pay on the day and too many turn up, the police and rochdale would then have a duty of care. Its all ticket, if you dont have one and want to go, just don't be a dickhead and everything will be fine.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2014 8:00]
Questions, questions on 08:10 - Nov 28 with 1876 viewsaleanddale

Questions, questions on 07:59 - Nov 28 by BIffoBiffoBiffo

At Bury when about 500 were locked out, it was stupid. Having 500 or so football fans walking about looking for somewhere to drink, but not being allowed in anywhere, when there was plenty of room in the ground is asking for trouble. Especially when Bury's idiot element know about it and look for them.
The police and Bury were at fault that day. The fact they left it pay on the day (some bought tickets) was the cause. Loads who had a ticket were left outside.

Rochdale have given us 3200 tickets, what the problem is with that, I don't know. If it was all pay on the day and too many turn up, the police and rochdale would then have a duty of care. Its all ticket, if you dont have one and want to go, just don't be a dickhead and everything will be fine.

Pretty much nails it BiffoBiffoBiffo. My thoughts exactly.

Hope Kenny plays!!! - ring rusty and a stone overweight!!!

Seems to be a lot of confidence on the Biffo board that you will steam roller us?
Questions, questions on 08:27 - Nov 28 with 1860 viewsTalkingSutty

Questions, questions on 07:59 - Nov 28 by BIffoBiffoBiffo

It makes me laugh this one....the duty of care is the responsibility of those grown up adults who attend the game, are they not responsible for their own action or is it the police and stewards fault that Oldham fans DECIDE to go into the home ends?? Do you need the police and stewards to hold your hand??

I think TVOS explains the situation very well, it's our home game and we have an area set aside for away supporters, end of. Any Latics fans taking a chance by paying into the home ends will have to deal with the repercussions of that decision and if they decide to start performing its obvious there will be retaliation from like minded idiots supporting the home team,thats an obvious conclusion which spoils the day for everybody. so rather than turning up without a ticket why not just abide by the Stadium rules and stay at home and save everybody the aggro.

Like you stated, the away allocation is a good one anyway and you would have thought the overwhelming majority of Latics home support will have secured a ticket.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2014 8:38]
Questions, questions on 08:50 - Nov 28 with 1832 viewsParkinsGimp

I am not an idiot and well past the hooligan days but I will defend my friends or fellow Dale fans from any Biffo who decides to act up and threaten decent dale fans trying to enjoy a game. I also know there are many more like me in all areas of the ground so any biffo thinking of causing a scene should think very long and hard before doing so!
Questions, questions on 08:52 - Nov 28 with 1830 viewsDomDale

1 more sleep. Is everyone getting excited now!?

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Questions, questions on 08:53 - Nov 28 with 1795 viewsBIffoBiffoBiffo

Questions, questions on 08:27 - Nov 28 by TalkingSutty

It makes me laugh this one....the duty of care is the responsibility of those grown up adults who attend the game, are they not responsible for their own action or is it the police and stewards fault that Oldham fans DECIDE to go into the home ends?? Do you need the police and stewards to hold your hand??

I think TVOS explains the situation very well, it's our home game and we have an area set aside for away supporters, end of. Any Latics fans taking a chance by paying into the home ends will have to deal with the repercussions of that decision and if they decide to start performing its obvious there will be retaliation from like minded idiots supporting the home team,thats an obvious conclusion which spoils the day for everybody. so rather than turning up without a ticket why not just abide by the Stadium rules and stay at home and save everybody the aggro.

Like you stated, the away allocation is a good one anyway and you would have thought the overwhelming majority of Latics home support will have secured a ticket.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2014 8:38]

The duty of care aspect is only if the club and police is at fault.

Rochdale in this instance are not.

Pretty sure I made that quite clear in the earlier post.
Questions, questions on 09:15 - Nov 28 with 1767 viewsBIffoBiffoBiffo

Questions, questions on 08:10 - Nov 28 by aleanddale

Seems to be a lot of confidence on the Biffo board that you will steam roller us?

Im much more worried about the game than most. There are a few that in a million years cant imagine anything other than a big latics win. They are also those who slag the team off the most. Every club has them.

Personally, I think it will be a good game. Quite a few goals too.

I'd take a 1-0 boring win now.

Forte is our obvious dangerman. Johnson and Jones will need to be watched. Teams that sit really deep seem to have joy against us, and those who press us high up the pitch have caused us a few problems. Those who we go "toe to toe" with, i.e. just try to match us all over - we seem to out play.

Dale have proven their results are no fluke. Im predicting a 2-2.
Questions, questions on 09:26 - Nov 28 with 1752 viewsTalkingSutty

Questions, questions on 08:53 - Nov 28 by BIffoBiffoBiffo

The duty of care aspect is only if the club and police is at fault.

Rochdale in this instance are not.

Pretty sure I made that quite clear in the earlier post.

But Oldham fans going into areas of the ground allocated to Rochdale fans are doing so knowing full well that they shouldn't be there. Can you imagine any Latics fan getting embroiled in any trouble and subsequently arrested and trying to plead there innocence, they wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

I agree with you, it won't be the club/stewards/ police to blame. If the game was all ticket there would probably still be 3000 tickets still up for sale in the home ends, so any Latics fan could have been snapping those up for the last couple of weeks, they still have the opportunity to infiltrate the home sections of the ground.

It's about grown adults taking responsibility for their own decisions/actions instead of looking to blame everybody else.
Questions, questions on 09:51 - Nov 28 with 1721 viewsdingdangblue

Questions, questions on 09:15 - Nov 28 by BIffoBiffoBiffo

Im much more worried about the game than most. There are a few that in a million years cant imagine anything other than a big latics win. They are also those who slag the team off the most. Every club has them.

Personally, I think it will be a good game. Quite a few goals too.

I'd take a 1-0 boring win now.

Forte is our obvious dangerman. Johnson and Jones will need to be watched. Teams that sit really deep seem to have joy against us, and those who press us high up the pitch have caused us a few problems. Those who we go "toe to toe" with, i.e. just try to match us all over - we seem to out play.

Dale have proven their results are no fluke. Im predicting a 2-2.

A City fan I work with went Oldham a few weeks ago - think it was against Coventry ? He said he was very impressed with Forte and said he stood out a mile as being the best player on the pitch and looked too good for this level. We could be struggling with 4 regular starters injured/suspended in Dawson, Lund, Vincenti and Done - but our Squad have been outstanding this season when called upon - hoping its a good game and I would take a draw.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Questions, questions on 10:01 - Nov 28 with 1706 viewsHurrikeen

Questions, questions on 08:10 - Nov 28 by aleanddale

We just lack that ruthlessness - if you look at our GD and yours there's a glaring difference. There's no doubt whatsoever on the balance of play and number of chances we've created we've deserved much more points than we currently have, and had we been more clinical (despite Forte notching 12 goals already) we'd be top 3 at the moment, IMO.

We also have a couple of players who would get in pretty much any team in this league. James Wilson and Daniel Johnson. Johnson's on loan from Villa after a successful stint at Chesterfield, and has made 2 appearances so far for us - he scored a beauty on his debut and set up Forte at Bramall Lane with a worldie of a through ball. I really want him past January!

Big G is not match fit yet, so he wont quite make it. Only RB is the questionable choice - Brian Wilson or Genseric Kusunga. If you have a pacey winger, I'd imagine Kusunga may keep his place. Probable lineup:

Rachubka
Kusunga - Dieng - Wilson - Mills
Kelly
Johnson - Jones
Philliskirk
Ibehre - Forte
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024