Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EGM 16:58 - Nov 20 with 10645 viewsisitme

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/notice-of-egm-2094324.aspx

I have just seen the above article on the official site. Is anybody in the know? is this a tactic to give the council a nudge or are we any closer to taking full control of the ground?
EGM on 18:33 - Dec 16 with 2045 viewsColDale

EGM on 18:15 - Dec 16 by pioneer

Is that the case? This gets more confusing over time.

Who owns the shares that belonged to the 1871 Rochdale Hornets RLFC? It is not the new Rochdale Hornets. There is no 1871 Rochdale Hornets so that suggests to me that it must be the RFL - they took ownership when the 1871 RHRLFC went bust, presumably with the agreement of the football club and the council.

Sorry I am not a lawyer so I might be missing something here.

Is the membership of the stadium company different from the ownership of the shares? If so when did the new Rochdale Hornets become members. My understanding was that they are nothing to do with the Stadium company.

Can anyone clarify?

I think the issue comes down to the RFL's representative on the Stad Comp board being Paul Ormerod - which they are very much entitled to do.
EGM on 20:41 - Dec 16 with 1871 viewspioneer

EGM on 18:33 - Dec 16 by ColDale

I think the issue comes down to the RFL's representative on the Stad Comp board being Paul Ormerod - which they are very much entitled to do.

So RFL own the shares and are members of the stadium company (as a result of owning the shares) and Rochdale Hornets are legally on the outside looking in?
EGM on 15:31 - Dec 19 with 1626 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

At a meeting of the Members of Rochdale Hornets Rugby League Club, which is a Supporters Owned Club, held at Spotland Stadium on Wednesday evening, the decision was taken to support the sale of shares in Spotland Stadium currently held by the RFL Facilities Trust and by Rochdale MBC, should those parties choose to sell them to Rochdale AFC.
Chairman, Mark Wynn explained that “For a decision as large as this for the future of the club, it was right and proper to involve the full membership. There was an excellent debate which fully examined the possible outcomes for Hornets and at the conclusion the vote was strongly in favour of supporting the resolution. We have had discussions with the Football Club for the past few weeks and we feel that the future of Hornets at Spotland Stadium is protected, our financial planning is strengthened and we have the opportunity to concentrate on the development of Hornets for the current and future fans of the club.”
“We will now take a pause in proceedings as the details of any sale sit with the current shareholders in the Stadium Company, namely Rochdale AFC, The RFL Facilities Trust and Rochdale Borough Council. We can now put all of our efforts into what is promising to be a really excellent season for the Hornets and I would urge all of our supporters and the people of Rochdale to join us as we enter a “new era” seeking to make the town proud of it's rugby league club.”
EGM on 15:37 - Dec 19 with 1604 viewsdalefan

EGM on 15:31 - Dec 19 by Albert_Whitehurst

At a meeting of the Members of Rochdale Hornets Rugby League Club, which is a Supporters Owned Club, held at Spotland Stadium on Wednesday evening, the decision was taken to support the sale of shares in Spotland Stadium currently held by the RFL Facilities Trust and by Rochdale MBC, should those parties choose to sell them to Rochdale AFC.
Chairman, Mark Wynn explained that “For a decision as large as this for the future of the club, it was right and proper to involve the full membership. There was an excellent debate which fully examined the possible outcomes for Hornets and at the conclusion the vote was strongly in favour of supporting the resolution. We have had discussions with the Football Club for the past few weeks and we feel that the future of Hornets at Spotland Stadium is protected, our financial planning is strengthened and we have the opportunity to concentrate on the development of Hornets for the current and future fans of the club.”
“We will now take a pause in proceedings as the details of any sale sit with the current shareholders in the Stadium Company, namely Rochdale AFC, The RFL Facilities Trust and Rochdale Borough Council. We can now put all of our efforts into what is promising to be a really excellent season for the Hornets and I would urge all of our supporters and the people of Rochdale to join us as we enter a “new era” seeking to make the town proud of it's rugby league club.”

Good. I think I now want hornets to do well next season. Up until this decision I have wanted them to do badly and fail.
Let's hope this decision is the start of a new relationship between the two clubs that benefits everyone
EGM on 16:26 - Dec 19 with 1535 viewsaleanddale

EGM on 15:37 - Dec 19 by dalefan

Good. I think I now want hornets to do well next season. Up until this decision I have wanted them to do badly and fail.
Let's hope this decision is the start of a new relationship between the two clubs that benefits everyone

Agreed.

The town has so much bad press there is room for good news professional sport in both football and rugby league.

Up the Dale.

I am happy to support hornets too if they are genuinely interested in decisions like this to mutual benefit.
EGM on 17:32 - Dec 19 with 1475 viewsVespa

EGM on 15:37 - Dec 19 by dalefan

Steady on now.

Up the Dale, C'mon Hornets

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024