Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? 13:02 - Nov 21 with 6308 viewsTomRAFC

Which past Dale players can you remember being royally slated by the fans that you didn't think were that bad?

It maybe my thread but there's no bloody way I am going first!

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 20:14 - Nov 21 with 1729 viewstazzydjr

Here's a list have fun

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/124446/relegation-rochdale-

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 20:21 - Nov 21 with 1710 viewsTVOS1907

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 19:29 - Nov 21 by finberty

Dave Grant

(for those who remember the eighties)

Also, former bUry man Steve Elliott, who I seem to recall was the first front man for about three years who seemed to know which way the opposition net was, only to be hobbled after only a few games.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2014 19:34]

Grant was one of my favourite left-backs despite being far too tall for such a position.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 20:35 - Nov 21 with 1688 viewsstomper

Matt Gilks hasn't had a bad career considering the vitriol aimed at him from the back of the TDS.
Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 21:00 - Nov 21 with 1664 viewsboromat

Dean Stokes I think his name is played at left back.

There have been plenty over the years!!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 21:12 - Nov 21 with 1640 viewsBingoballs

Gulp, here goes, Terry Gornell and Michael Symes, must have a soft spot for strikers.
Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 21:50 - Nov 21 with 1590 viewschuckleberry

Michael Holt
Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 22:01 - Nov 21 with 1578 viewsToffeemanc

Joe Thompson

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 22:10 - Nov 21 with 1564 viewsroccydaleian

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 21:50 - Nov 21 by chuckleberry

Michael Holt

Didn't think M.Holt was to bad tbf (didn't he bag a brace live on sky against Hull?) Anyhow how about Michael Oliver, he seemed to split opinions. I thought he was a decent player.
Login to get fewer ads

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 22:14 - Nov 21 with 1553 views442Dale

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 22:10 - Nov 21 by roccydaleian

Didn't think M.Holt was to bad tbf (didn't he bag a brace live on sky against Hull?) Anyhow how about Michael Oliver, he seemed to split opinions. I thought he was a decent player.

Parkin did him no favours playing him on the left of midfield. He was fine in the centre.

And he wore no.9, which was silly.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 22:27 - Nov 21 with 1536 viewsolympicdale

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 22:10 - Nov 21 by roccydaleian

That'd be mine, I thought Oliver was a tidy player, key member in getting in the playoffs.

Life is a game of fate.

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 22:29 - Nov 21 with 1534 viewsolympicdale

Paul Tait

Life is a game of fate.

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 22:42 - Nov 21 with 1518 viewsColDale

Good thread - hope it wasn't posted whilst in the Apple Store

Kieron Durkan - went top of the league with him in the team.
Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 23:24 - Nov 21 with 1463 viewsNR_Dale

In my eyes, Jamie Clarke could do no wrong.
Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 23:24 - Nov 21 with 1462 viewscumbria_dale

Blair Sturrock
Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 23:50 - Nov 21 with 1431 viewsYadHoDale

I agree with a lot of these (not Keltie, though!)

As an xi, with a couple of new names:

Gk - Matt Gilks
Rb - Andy Thackeray
Cb - Andy Farrell - competent enough at the back, not in midfield
Cb - Greg Heald - Solid. Released prematurely.
Lb - Dave Grant
Rm - Scott Warner
Cm - Steve Doyle
Cm - Dave Esser - got his share of goals
Lm - Mark Stuart (although I'm not sure he was maligned enough to qualify - Adam Rundle or maybe Rory Prendergast if not)
St - Blair Sturrock
St - Andy Bishop - has been maligned enough on this board!

Subs - Chris Pearce, Terry Cooper, Dean Stokes, Andy Gouck, Colin Small, Rundle/Prendergast, Paul Tait.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2014 23:52]
Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 23:55 - Nov 21 with 1341 viewsArthurDaley

Leo Skeete.

A large VAT Dave

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 00:15 - Nov 22 with 1322 viewsbennersdale

Andy Morris.

Hasta el valle abajo de la cerveza

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 04:13 - Nov 22 with 1268 viewsPorlicks

Mark Bailey

Just noticed he made his début in quite a memorable win on the south coast. Thought we'd turned a corner with that result at the time, little realising we still had two and a half years of dross ahead of us.

Who was the scorer that evening??
[Post edited 22 Nov 2014 4:33]

Who are YOU with?

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 06:08 - Nov 22 with 1256 viewsSandyman

David Cross used to get a load of unfair stick. Then he scored against Coventry and could do no wrong after that. Fickle fans? Oh yes
Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 08:04 - Nov 22 with 1229 viewsBartRowou

Graeme Atkinson 90.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 09:02 - Nov 22 with 1195 views442Dale

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 04:13 - Nov 22 by Porlicks

Mark Bailey

Just noticed he made his début in quite a memorable win on the south coast. Thought we'd turned a corner with that result at the time, little realising we still had two and a half years of dross ahead of us.

Who was the scorer that evening??
[Post edited 22 Nov 2014 4:33]

Alan Johnson at Torquay?

Bailey never even looked like a footballer at Dale but he went on to do well at Lincoln and Macclesfield, clubs who employed the same direct tactics as Barrow. Maybe he was more accurate when kicking it up in the air with them.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 10:18 - Nov 22 with 1141 viewsboromat

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 23:50 - Nov 21 by YadHoDale

I agree with a lot of these (not Keltie, though!)

As an xi, with a couple of new names:

Gk - Matt Gilks
Rb - Andy Thackeray
Cb - Andy Farrell - competent enough at the back, not in midfield
Cb - Greg Heald - Solid. Released prematurely.
Lb - Dave Grant
Rm - Scott Warner
Cm - Steve Doyle
Cm - Dave Esser - got his share of goals
Lm - Mark Stuart (although I'm not sure he was maligned enough to qualify - Adam Rundle or maybe Rory Prendergast if not)
St - Blair Sturrock
St - Andy Bishop - has been maligned enough on this board!

Subs - Chris Pearce, Terry Cooper, Dean Stokes, Andy Gouck, Colin Small, Rundle/Prendergast, Paul Tait.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2014 23:52]

I think a Mr David Flitcroft should be included!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 14:54 - Nov 22 with 1067 viewsSalwaDale

Definitely Steve Doyle but I'd also chuck in Joe Thompson, Michael Rose and Shaun Reid

TBBT

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 20:16 - Nov 22 with 997 viewsClivert

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 20:35 - Nov 21 by stomper

Matt Gilks hasn't had a bad career considering the vitriol aimed at him from the back of the TDS.

What a c**t you are.
Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 20:33 - Nov 22 with 979 viewsYadHoDale

Couple more:
John Seasman
Paul Carden
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024