Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? 13:02 - Nov 21 with 6344 viewsTomRAFC

Which past Dale players can you remember being royally slated by the fans that you didn't think were that bad?

It maybe my thread but there's no bloody way I am going first!

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 13:07 - Nov 21 with 3745 views442Dale

Great question.

Steve Doyle.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 13:14 - Nov 21 with 3720 viewsdingdangblue

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 13:07 - Nov 21 by 442Dale

Great question.

Steve Doyle.

I thought his full name was Steve Doyle formerWalesU21International ?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 13:21 - Nov 21 with 3690 viewsAtThePeake

Clark Keltie forever.

Tangled up in blue.

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 13:33 - Nov 21 with 3656 viewsborodale

Keltie and Doyle,bothgood playmakers who suffered from players not on the same wavelength or just crap.Doyle's penultimate season was excellent.
Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 13:40 - Nov 21 with 3641 viewsD_Alien

Stephen Jordan

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 13:42 - Nov 21 with 3631 viewsFrog

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 13:33 - Nov 21 by borodale

Keltie and Doyle,bothgood playmakers who suffered from players not on the same wavelength or just crap.Doyle's penultimate season was excellent.

I always liked Doyle, but can't quite explain why
Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 13:43 - Nov 21 with 3625 views442Dale

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 13:40 - Nov 21 by D_Alien

Stephen Jordan

Agreed, he wasn't that bad.

He was worse.

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 13:48 - Nov 21 with 3604 viewsD_Alien

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 13:43 - Nov 21 by 442Dale

Agreed, he wasn't that bad.

He was worse.

Or, he's a decent player who had the misfortune to come into a team on a downward spiral. Currently proving himself at the same level as our current squad with Fleetwood.

Login to get fewer ads

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 14:13 - Nov 21 with 3548 viewsR17ALE

This thread is like a puddle of petrol and I'm chucking in a lit match!

BBM and Joe Thompson.

And to widen the net, which past Dale players can you remember being royally slated by other fans that you didn't think were that bad?

Anyone from Grimsby, anyone from bury, and Chris O'Grady.

And John Doolan.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 14:25 - Nov 21 with 3519 viewslurker

George Donnelly

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 14:46 - Nov 21 with 3470 viewselectricblue

According to the missus Andy Thackeray....

Dave lancaster wasnt to bad a player......better than a certain paul williams....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 15:00 - Nov 21 with 3443 views100notout

Andy Thackery is a good call - I always (well nearly always*) thought he was unfairly criticised.

* I'll never forgive him for playing in to the wind that wet wet night in Carlisle!!!!!!!!!!!

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 15:03 - Nov 21 with 3438 viewsD_Alien

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 14:46 - Nov 21 by electricblue

According to the missus Andy Thackeray....

Dave lancaster wasnt to bad a player......better than a certain paul williams....

Dave Lancaster wasn't slated - Lancaster Bomber

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 15:09 - Nov 21 with 3416 viewsnordenblue

Mark Jones, looked decent everytime i saw him but never really had a look in at Dale
Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 15:14 - Nov 21 with 3407 viewsdingdangblue

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 15:32 - Nov 21 with 3359 views442Dale

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 13:48 - Nov 21 by D_Alien

Or, he's a decent player who had the misfortune to come into a team on a downward spiral. Currently proving himself at the same level as our current squad with Fleetwood.

Appreciate he has ability, but thought he was terrible for us. He's split fans at other clubs too.

Fair point on his inclusion at Fleetwood, he barely featured last season but has been a regular so far this time round. Maybe he's finally learnt that positional play at centre half is crucial to not conceding goals.

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 16:25 - Nov 21 with 3280 viewsSaxonDale

Joe Thompson.
Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 18:39 - Nov 21 with 3169 viewspnc4eva1

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 16:25 - Nov 21 by SaxonDale

Joe Thompson.

repeat that one of the more recent crop of players.

Of the current squad I think Andrew receives some criticism that is unfair

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 18:58 - Nov 21 with 3147 viewsjudd

Scott Warner

Poll: What is it to be then?

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 19:25 - Nov 21 with 3104 viewsmiddale

Adam Rundle

Blog: Addicted to Rochdale (Part 17) Diary of the 2010-11 Season

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 19:29 - Nov 21 with 3095 viewsfinberty

Dave Grant

(for those who remember the eighties)

Also, former bUry man Steve Elliott, who I seem to recall was the first front man for about three years who seemed to know which way the opposition net was, only to be hobbled after only a few games.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2014 19:34]
Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 19:32 - Nov 21 with 3081 views442Dale

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 19:29 - Nov 21 by finberty

Dave Grant

(for those who remember the eighties)

Also, former bUry man Steve Elliott, who I seem to recall was the first front man for about three years who seemed to know which way the opposition net was, only to be hobbled after only a few games.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2014 19:34]

Was Grant slated? Always thought he was quite good.

Tony Ford was a great one for debates.

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 19:42 - Nov 21 with 3064 viewsfinberty

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 19:32 - Nov 21 by 442Dale

Was Grant slated? Always thought he was quite good.

Tony Ford was a great one for debates.

I liked Grant.
I think it was the fact that he was released to non-league Macclesfield that grated, rather than the fans' attitude, on reflection. He had further season in him when he was released, to be replaced by Peter Hampton, (who would NOT feature in this thread).
I used to enjoy the bookings for the hard tackles and, memorably, when he once picked up the ball at a Dale free kick, tucked it under his arm and helpfully strode the required ten yards, mullet a-swaying, to assist the clueless ref to measure the distance to the opposition wall.
Magic.
He was a good solid left back.
Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 20:03 - Nov 21 with 3029 viewsBartRowou

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 19:42 - Nov 21 by finberty

I liked Grant.
I think it was the fact that he was released to non-league Macclesfield that grated, rather than the fans' attitude, on reflection. He had further season in him when he was released, to be replaced by Peter Hampton, (who would NOT feature in this thread).
I used to enjoy the bookings for the hard tackles and, memorably, when he once picked up the ball at a Dale free kick, tucked it under his arm and helpfully strode the required ten yards, mullet a-swaying, to assist the clueless ref to measure the distance to the opposition wall.
Magic.
He was a good solid left back.

At least one the goals in the 5-3 Halifax game came from one of Grant's crosses. Think it was a case of getting your mates in when Eddie Gray signed Hampton.

Steve Elliot started off like Neil Edmonds - goals, goals, goals. I don't remember him getting injured but, like Edmonds, the goals soon dried up.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Which Dale players did you think weren't that bad? on 20:07 - Nov 21 with 3018 viewsrochdale1987

Lee Hodges, was so excited when we signed him, think he had an injury but when he was fit again he rarely got any minutes, always looked great when he came on, shame we didn't get to see what the scunny fans did.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024