Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corner 16:44 - Nov 22 with 4490 viewsmacro

Ref got it so wrong
Corner on 17:09 - Nov 22 with 3489 viewsisitme

Linesman gave it. The officials didn't give the scorer of their second goal a free header.
Corner on 17:09 - Nov 22 with 3487 views1mark1

Indeed, BUT we had many chances to clear the ball before they scored so therefore did not cause the goal.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Corner on 17:10 - Nov 22 with 3466 views1mark1

Corner on 17:09 - Nov 22 by isitme

Linesman gave it. The officials didn't give the scorer of their second goal a free header.

Correct. We had chances to clear ball as well.

Corner on 17:11 - Nov 22 with 3463 views442Dale

Corner on 17:09 - Nov 22 by isitme

Exactly. Are we berating the ref for not giving them a pen? Looked like one, but TDSers may have had a better view.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Corner on 17:15 - Nov 22 with 3424 viewsisitme

Corner on 17:11 - Nov 22 by 442Dale

Exactly. Are we berating the ref for not giving them a pen? Looked like one, but TDSers may have had a better view.

I've seen them given. Their player did make a meal of it.

I actually thought the ref had a decent game. The linesman on the main stand side did not.
Corner on 17:26 - Nov 22 with 3361 viewswimborne_dale

We got a corner at Swindon which should have been a goal kick, from which Hery scored the winner. Some times it goes for you, sometimes against.

Edgar Allan's Crow

Corner on 17:27 - Nov 22 with 3350 views1mark1

Corner on 17:15 - Nov 22 by isitme

I've seen them given. Their player did make a meal of it.

I actually thought the ref had a decent game. The linesman on the main stand side did not.

Yes it could have been a pen but ref was not fooled. Maybe the player was clipped, but he did an Olympic standard dive, which made the ref say no pen.

Corner on 17:28 - Nov 22 with 3339 viewsDaley_Lama

The decision was a joke.

The consequence was Donny's winner, whether it was that corner or the subsequent ones immediately from it.

I don't normally berate the officials but their ineptness had a direct effect on the result. We had defended strongly, rode our luck, they missed sitters, were running out of ideas and the finishing line was just on the horizon.

Then that happened. Game changer.

Poll: DF in or out

Login to get fewer ads

Corner on 17:36 - Nov 22 with 3301 views442Dale

Corner on 17:26 - Nov 22 by wimborne_dale

We got a corner at Swindon which should have been a goal kick, from which Hery scored the winner. Some times it goes for you, sometimes against.

Except, for some reason, as a fanbase we have an issue with accepting that this season. Officials do their best, they make mistakes and should be open to constructive criticism much like our players.

To accuse a ref of being a cheat for making a mistake means we must surely be calling our defenders useless for not marking properly? It's all about being reasonable. (Not saying anyone has called him a cheat on here, but they were at the game)

On a side note: There's a Dale fan on GMR just now who's an assessor saying the standard is the worse he's seen. After 5/10 mins he was watching the ref and says around 90% of the decisions were wrong. He was followed by Ray Mathias who was saying a push is an automatic yellow card.

Corner on 18:05 - Nov 22 with 3162 viewsolympicdale

Corner on 17:09 - Nov 22 by 1mark1

Indeed, BUT we had many chances to clear the ball before they scored so therefore did not cause the goal.

The officials did contribute to the series of corners that led to it though, it should never have got to that stage, outrageous decision.

Life is a game of fate.

Corner on 18:19 - Nov 22 with 3103 views442Dale

Corner on 18:05 - Nov 22 by olympicdale

The officials did contribute to the series of corners that led to it though, it should never have got to that stage, outrageous decision.

They also contributed to blowing the whistle to kick off.

Corner on 18:24 - Nov 22 with 3068 viewsDale23years

Corner on 18:19 - Nov 22 by 442Dale

They also contributed to blowing the whistle to kick off.

So 442 do u think ref had a good game??

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Corner on 18:30 - Nov 22 with 3035 views442Dale

Corner on 18:24 - Nov 22 by Dale23years

So 442 do u think ref had a good game??

Thought he was average. Poor decision for the corner and initially thought the red may have been a yellow - want to see it again. Ref on Tuesday was much more worse; picky and spoiled the flow of the game.

The point about the corner is that we have to be doing our jobs correctly once it's given. Eventually that wasn't the case as a sub who had just come on was completely unmarked.

Corner on 18:30 - Nov 22 with 3033 viewsKenBoon

We could have gotten beaten 1-10 today, but it doesn't make right one of the worst corner decisions that ultimately led to their winner.
Corner on 18:43 - Nov 22 with 2964 viewsD_Alien

Is this the best we can do? Berate the ref and/or liner for getting a corner decision wrong?

Our goal led a charmed life, especially in the second half. Logan made some outstanding saves but when they hit the post and the ball rebounded to one of theirs just outside the six-yard box he could've smoked a cigar before stroking it home. Instead he hit one of the other Donny players queueing up to score and the ball went just wide.

At that point, it looked like we might just hold out but gaps were being torn in our blanket defence almost at will.

Just another word about Logan. When Dawson clashed with one of theirs after shepherding the ball out for a goal kick, Logan stepped in between them and the Donny player just walked away. Well done Conrad. It's worth the admission money just watching him perform!

[Post edited 22 Nov 2014 18:45]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Corner on 19:05 - Nov 22 with 2903 viewsKenBoon

On the subject of the referee. When their lad kicked-out in the first half, he committed the exact same crime as Henderson at Northampton. It was petulance, and apart from not booking the player, he got the decision right. There weren't many complaints about the Red Card around me. A few sighs of relief that he didn't give them a penalty - I thought he just about got that right because the player had lost the ball - but our goal living a charmed life (understatement) has nothing to do with him basically being manipulated by their team, fans and bench during the last third of the match. Not all the decisions were wrong, but some were outright baffling.
Corner on 19:24 - Nov 22 with 2863 viewsdingdangblue

It was an awful decision to give a corner, and he took that long to give it it was obvious him and his linesman were guessing - pretty sure it was the 4th one of 4 in a row that they scored from and Rafferty gave it away when he totally sliced his clearance. Will have to see the footy show tonight to comment on the red card but Done's foot look around knee height so can understand a red - also that ref had sent off 6 in 13 before today so Hilly should have been drumming it into the players that they had to be careful. Not sure what the problem with Hery is - but he is a better player than Lazarus who looked deceptively slow on more than 1 occasion today. Not a disaster by any means but 2 tough games now this week .
[Post edited 22 Nov 2014 20:34]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Corner on 20:02 - Nov 22 with 2770 viewsSaxonDale

Corner on 17:36 - Nov 22 by 442Dale

Except, for some reason, as a fanbase we have an issue with accepting that this season. Officials do their best, they make mistakes and should be open to constructive criticism much like our players.

To accuse a ref of being a cheat for making a mistake means we must surely be calling our defenders useless for not marking properly? It's all about being reasonable. (Not saying anyone has called him a cheat on here, but they were at the game)

On a side note: There's a Dale fan on GMR just now who's an assessor saying the standard is the worse he's seen. After 5/10 mins he was watching the ref and says around 90% of the decisions were wrong. He was followed by Ray Mathias who was saying a push is an automatic yellow card.

May have missed it but has anyone actually called the ref a cheat?
Corner on 21:04 - Nov 22 with 2671 views442Dale

Corner on 20:02 - Nov 22 by SaxonDale

That's why I said "Not saying anyone has called him a cheat on here, but they were at the game". I can understand frustration and anger at decisions during games, but shouting that an official is cheating never makes much sense.

Corner on 22:14 - Nov 22 with 2579 viewsSaxonDale

Corner on 21:04 - Nov 22 by 442Dale

That's why I said "Not saying anyone has called him a cheat on here, but they were at the game". I can understand frustration and anger at decisions during games, but shouting that an official is cheating never makes much sense.

Sorry 442, that will teach me for not reading the whole post. I agree with your point though, I do feel however that the FA has got to do more to support and train their referees, including as Hilly has suggested making the profession full time for the Football League
Corner on 23:09 - Nov 22 with 2503 viewsdingdangblue

Corner on 21:04 - Nov 22 by 442Dale

The ref is only human though. We were chanting 'w@nker' at him. How would that make him feel towards us? Maybe it swayed him to give the decision of the corner ? Who knows?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Corner on 23:28 - Nov 22 with 2458 viewsdalenumber2

Corner on 20:02 - Nov 22 by SaxonDale

The guy who sits behind me in the Pearl Street was calling him a cheat and many other names - however he never has a good word to say about either the ref or the opposition. So ridiculous he is actually funny.
Corner on 23:40 - Nov 22 with 2428 views442Dale

You can imagine all these refs, with their walls full of graffiti strewn posters of Hill, Henderson, Gary Jones (sent off today because he played for Dale), Grant Holt, Alan Reeves, Steve Taylor and Reg Jenkins, all getting together to come up with plans to destroy our plans for world domination.

They're so selfish.

Corner on 01:35 - Nov 23 with 2345 viewsShun

Corner on 18:30 - Nov 22 by KenBoon

We could have gotten beaten 1-10 today, but it doesn't make right one of the worst corner decisions that ultimately led to their winner.

Precisely the point.
Corner on 01:54 - Nov 23 with 2334 viewshitman

Corner on 01:35 - Nov 23 by Shun

Precisely the point.

Unfortunately
The only man to blame today
Was Keith Hill.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024