Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Floodlights 19:24 - Nov 23 with 3231 viewsinthenet

Sorry to bring this up again , but they are shocking to say we actually paid money for that standard is beyond a joke.
Surely the board need to make a comment about this "rant over "

Rastrickblue

Floodlights on 19:33 - Nov 23 with 3191 views49thseason

Agree, seems ok in the middle of the pitch but corners and touchlines are very dark in comparison, hardly an improvement and certainly not worth the rumoured £70k
Floodlights on 19:35 - Nov 23 with 3183 viewsTVOS1907

Agree.

I was talking to R17ALE about this today and we wondered if any other clubs have 'jumped to it' as much as we did regarding new floodlights.

Certainly those at Vale Park last week were a lot worse than ours at Spotland and while there's probably some lux measurement that prove our new lights are better than the old ones, it certainly doesn't seem that way to the naked eye.

Perhaps the Trust could raise this on the fans' behalf, given where the money came from to pay for them.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Floodlights on 20:46 - Nov 23 with 3060 viewsbatman

It would help if they were pointed at the pitch.
From where I sit in the TDS, the 2 at the sandy lane end looked to
Be pointing parallel to the sidelines
Floodlights on 17:43 - Nov 24 with 2709 viewsNerazzurri

Colin Garlick has said in his video diary that the work is finished and the Lux readings were completed a couple of weeks ago. The brief to the contractors was that there had to be a minimum reading of 300 lux and an average of 500 across the pitch. The minimum reading that we got was 422 with an average well above 500 so they are pleased with the work.

Forza Nerazzurri

Floodlights on 17:56 - Nov 24 with 2677 views442Dale

Floodlights on 17:43 - Nov 24 by Nerazzurri

Colin Garlick has said in his video diary that the work is finished and the Lux readings were completed a couple of weeks ago. The brief to the contractors was that there had to be a minimum reading of 300 lux and an average of 500 across the pitch. The minimum reading that we got was 422 with an average well above 500 so they are pleased with the work.

Was there an acknowledgment of the problem areas that supporters have identified?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Floodlights on 17:59 - Nov 24 with 2655 viewsNerazzurri

Floodlights on 17:56 - Nov 24 by 442Dale

Was there an acknowledgment of the problem areas that supporters have identified?

No.

Forza Nerazzurri

Floodlights on 18:05 - Nov 24 with 2626 viewsD_Alien

Floodlights on 17:56 - Nov 24 by 442Dale

From any angle (including the directors box*), there are areas of the pitch significantly darker than others.

Lux readings be damned - the end product looks shoddy and unprofessional. If CG's happy with that he's too easily satisfied.

*No, I haven't looked at it from there, but it's so obvious I wouldn't need to.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2014 18:08]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Floodlights on 19:02 - Nov 24 with 2512 viewsmeeee

What was wrong with the old floodlights why did they need replacing?
Login to get fewer ads

Floodlights on 19:08 - Nov 24 with 2489 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Floodlights on 19:02 - Nov 24 by meeee

What was wrong with the old floodlights why did they need replacing?

The EU said so!
Floodlights on 19:13 - Nov 24 with 2466 views442Dale

Floodlights on 19:08 - Nov 24 by Yorkshire_Dale

The EU said so!

Don't they realise we used to have Chris Luxetti in our team?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Floodlights on 19:38 - Nov 24 with 2411 viewsTVOS1907

Floodlights on 19:13 - Nov 24 by 442Dale

Don't they realise we used to have Chris Luxetti in our team?

We should re-sign Willo Floodlights.

Anyway, I've found further evidence of the contractors' handywork.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Floodlights on 21:21 - Nov 24 with 2297 viewsboromat

Floodlights on 17:43 - Nov 24 by Nerazzurri

I should imagine that the 'dark' areas of the pitch are brighter than they used to be but the range in brightness across the pitch is highlighting areas of the pitch as being darker than others more so than it used to.

The new lighting isn't really bothering me.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Floodlights on 21:37 - Nov 24 with 2268 viewsDySporting

See the appeal thread for my view!
Floodlights on 21:41 - Nov 24 with 2252 viewsTVOS1907

Floodlights on 21:21 - Nov 24 by boromat

I should imagine that the 'dark' areas of the pitch are brighter than they used to be but the range in brightness across the pitch is highlighting areas of the pitch as being darker than others more so than it used to.

The new lighting isn't really bothering me.

To be honest, it doesn't bother me either, but I just think that after all the rigmarole over appealing to the Trust for the money and then the Trust holding a vote, fans were expecting something considerably brighter than what was there before, especially as it was the fans' money that has paid for them.

Meanwhile, the likes of Port Vale continue to play under what are no better than those new streetlights that have popped up all over town.

Floodlights on 21:44 - Nov 24 with 2239 viewsD_Alien

Floodlights on 21:41 - Nov 24 by TVOS1907

To be honest, it doesn't bother me either, but I just think that after all the rigmarole over appealing to the Trust for the money and then the Trust holding a vote, fans were expecting something considerably brighter than what was there before, especially as it was the fans' money that has paid for them.

Meanwhile, the likes of Port Vale continue to play under what are no better than those new streetlights that have popped up all over town.

Do you mean the ones which popped up about 6 or 9 months ago but which still have dangerous water-filled pits around their base?

Is there something about Rochdale that means we just can't shine a bloody light properly?

Floodlights on 21:46 - Nov 24 with 2224 viewsDySporting

I'd be interested to see accys floodlights, they are/were the worst by far.
Floodlights on 21:47 - Nov 24 with 2220 viewsTVOS1907

Floodlights on 21:44 - Nov 24 by D_Alien

Do you mean the ones which popped up about 6 or 9 months ago but which still have dangerous water-filled pits around their base?

Is there something about Rochdale that means we just can't shine a bloody light properly?

Aye, although all round my way seem to have been filled in properly now.

The light at the back of my house is on all day, however, instead of just at night. The E.On man told me it was something to do with aligning to the satellite!

It's probably draining the power from those at Spotland!

Floodlights on 21:51 - Nov 24 with 2201 viewsD_Alien

Floodlights on 21:47 - Nov 24 by TVOS1907

Aye, although all round my way seem to have been filled in properly now.

The light at the back of my house is on all day, however, instead of just at night. The E.On man told me it was something to do with aligning to the satellite!

It's probably draining the power from those at Spotland!

You must live in the posh area.

Floodlights on 07:53 - Nov 25 with 2041 viewsdownunder

Bring this rapper guy in, he makes lights work.
http://www.stafaband.info/download/mp3/lagu_rapper_manny_g_hans_punjabi_rap_song
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024