Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Appealing 14:37 - Nov 24 with 3988 viewssandy_dale

Confirmed that we are appealing the red card. Don't think it will end how we want it to mind.
Appealing on 14:40 - Nov 24 with 2753 viewsToffeemanc

No doubt be a waste of time and money. Just hope the FA don't see it as frivolous and decide to add an extra game to the ban.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Appealing on 14:50 - Nov 24 with 2708 viewstazzydjr

We've gotta be due a red rescinded at some point hopefully this is the one which does get rescinded but wouldn't hold my breath as English official's can never be the wrong in their eye's at least Scotland sends the bad one's to camp

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Appealing on 15:18 - Nov 24 with 2626 viewsD_Alien

Appealing on 14:40 - Nov 24 by Toffeemanc

No doubt be a waste of time and money. Just hope the FA don't see it as frivolous and decide to add an extra game to the ban.

That's a real concern.

If our appeal in any way tries to undermine the referee we'll lose and probably worsen the situation.

I'm struggling to think on what basis we might possibly get the decision overturned without undermining the referee. Showing slow motion replays from numerous angles doesn't alter the fact that Done's challenge might have caused serious injury.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Appealing on 15:20 - Nov 24 with 2612 viewsTVOS1907

Appealing on 14:50 - Nov 24 by tazzydjr

We've gotta be due a red rescinded at some point hopefully this is the one which does get rescinded but wouldn't hold my breath as English official's can never be the wrong in their eye's at least Scotland sends the bad one's to camp

Nathan Stanton had his red card at Aldershot in January 2009 overturned, so it's not true to say we have never had one rescinded.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Appealing on 15:27 - Nov 24 with 2580 viewsaleanddale

Fleetwood had one recinded last week and it looked very similar.

fingers crossed.
Appealing on 15:33 - Nov 24 with 2561 viewsRochdale_Matt

How long is it usually til a decision is made as to whether it has been overturned?

I'd imagine he will be available for Tomorrow if no decision has been made by then.
Appealing on 15:45 - Nov 24 with 2513 viewsdingdangblue

Appealing on 15:33 - Nov 24 by Rochdale_Matt

How long is it usually til a decision is made as to whether it has been overturned?

I'd imagine he will be available for Tomorrow if no decision has been made by then.

Maybe this is the ploy - appeal so at least he's available for the toughest of our next 4 games?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Appealing on 15:56 - Nov 24 with 2463 viewsmacro

Unfortunately I'd be amazed if it's rescinded but I'm happy to be proved wrong!
Login to get fewer ads

Appealing on 16:15 - Nov 24 with 2396 viewsdalefan

Where has it been confirmed? Can't find any mention on official site

Edit: just listened to Dale player, confirmed
[Post edited 24 Nov 2014 16:17]
Appealing on 16:22 - Nov 24 with 2361 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Move Rochdale to Snowdonia and appeal to the Welsh FA.........cert to get it rescinded!
Appealing on 16:36 - Nov 24 with 2291 viewsD_Alien

Appealing on 16:22 - Nov 24 by Yorkshire_Dale

Move Rochdale to Snowdonia and appeal to the Welsh FA.........cert to get it rescinded!

We've got a mountain to climb as it is!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Appealing on 16:49 - Nov 24 with 2242 viewsDaley_Lama

There have been a couple in the past where I've thought we have a real chance of being over-turned.

Unless there is better footage than that seen by us lot to date, I will be very surprised (and happy) if this is over-turned.

Good luck Matty, I think you will need it.

Poll: DF in or out

Appealing on 17:11 - Nov 24 with 2151 viewsBartRowou

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rochdale/4153071.stm

Cooksey cleared to face Charlton

Rochdale midfielder Ernie Cooksey will be available to face Charlton in the FA Cup after the red card he received against Notts County was overturned.
Rochdale appealed against Cooksey's dismissal in the game on Monday and the FA found in favour of the 24-year-old.

The punishment has now been downgraded to a yellow card.

"I felt it was harsh at the time. I've suffered this week. I'd like to thank the FA for looking at the incident," Cooksey told Rochdale's website.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Appealing on 17:38 - Nov 24 with 2067 viewsYouTubeDale

Appealing on 15:18 - Nov 24 by D_Alien

That's a real concern.

If our appeal in any way tries to undermine the referee we'll lose and probably worsen the situation.

I'm struggling to think on what basis we might possibly get the decision overturned without undermining the referee. Showing slow motion replays from numerous angles doesn't alter the fact that Done's challenge might have caused serious injury.

How on earth would Done's challenge have caused serious injury?

You can see he kicked the ball first before Coppinger got there, and his feet were pointing away from Coppinger. They were out of the way !!! Also, Done wasn't coming at the ball with any great force, but he had a very measured approach to the situation. He knew EXACTLY what he was doing. It wasn't reckless. And Done couldn't believe it when the ref showed him the card. I had a really good view of it from the correct angle in the Main Stand.The ref saw it from standing on the circle at the wrong angle. Then Coppinger cheated by making a meal of it.

I hope we have further evidence from a cameraman pointing the opposite way ie. from Hill's view. So glad we are appealing, and at the end of the day we just want justice. The ref over-reacted.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Appealing on 17:39 - Nov 24 with 2062 viewsmacro

The player sent off for WBA got the ball and was still sent off. That bit doesn't matter.
Appealing on 17:48 - Nov 24 with 2029 viewsisitme

From the Dale player highlights you cannot tell how bad the challenge was. Hopefully there is footage from a better angle.
Appealing on 18:23 - Nov 24 with 1903 viewsTalkingSutty

Appealing on 17:48 - Nov 24 by isitme

From the Dale player highlights you cannot tell how bad the challenge was. Hopefully there is footage from a better angle.

Looked like a straight red to me from my view in the TDS , watching it again on the telly it still looks a very poor tackle. That's probably me being my pessimistic self again though☺
Appealing on 20:46 - Nov 24 with 1658 viewsdalefan

Appealing on 18:23 - Nov 24 by TalkingSutty

Looked like a straight red to me from my view in the TDS , watching it again on the telly it still looks a very poor tackle. That's probably me being my pessimistic self again though☺

OK I think the only people that can comment objectively about this are the people who saw it from the main stand, of which I am one. It was not a red card. In ,y opinion it wasn't even a foul. My first reaction was that the ref had shown a red card to their player. Anyone who was in the TDS or Sandy could not have had a proper view. Those of us in the main stand had a very good view and believe me it was not a red card
Appealing on 20:48 - Nov 24 with 1644 viewsmacro

Appealing on 20:46 - Nov 24 by dalefan

OK I think the only people that can comment objectively about this are the people who saw it from the main stand, of which I am one. It was not a red card. In ,y opinion it wasn't even a foul. My first reaction was that the ref had shown a red card to their player. Anyone who was in the TDS or Sandy could not have had a proper view. Those of us in the main stand had a very good view and believe me it was not a red card

From my view in the main stand - straight red
Appealing on 20:54 - Nov 24 with 1623 viewsDaley_Lama

end of.

The club and player however obviously see it differently.

Poll: DF in or out

Appealing on 20:59 - Nov 24 with 1595 viewsmacro

Appealing on 20:54 - Nov 24 by Daley_Lama

end of.

Everyone is judging this from their view and I thought red card straight away.

They do have their own views though and I hope the appeal is successful but personally I think it's a waste of time, money and effort. I hope in proved wrong
Appealing on 21:13 - Nov 24 with 1543 viewsboromat

I was in the main stand and my initial though was great tackle no foul never mind a red! After seeing the replay I can only go off what I saw on the day as the highlights aren't very clear. Although you can see that Matty hasn't 'jumped' into the challenge and he has some control over the slide there is no intention to harm the opposing player and therefore I can see why the club think they have a chance to get it rescinded and I really hope they do. I'm never very confident in these processes.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Appealing on 21:17 - Nov 24 with 1525 viewsSuddenLad

Appealing on 21:13 - Nov 24 by boromat

I was in the main stand and my initial though was great tackle no foul never mind a red! After seeing the replay I can only go off what I saw on the day as the highlights aren't very clear. Although you can see that Matty hasn't 'jumped' into the challenge and he has some control over the slide there is no intention to harm the opposing player and therefore I can see why the club think they have a chance to get it rescinded and I really hope they do. I'm never very confident in these processes.

Best scenario: Club wins appeal and Done is exonerated and it's rescinded.

Worst scenario: Appeal is refused, Done gets an increased ban of 4 games and the club lose £500 in the process.

Opinions are clearly divided, but ultimately what we think doesn't matter.

I hope for the best, but some of the decisions they come up with are mysterious at the best of times.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Appealing on 21:18 - Nov 24 with 1523 viewsTalkingSutty

Appealing on 20:54 - Nov 24 by Daley_Lama

end of.

It was a daft challenge (over zealous) in a non threatening part of the pitch whatever way you look at it, the type that often results in injury or red cards. Hendersons red was also down to indiscipline, if you kick out at a player you give the referee the opportunity to send you off, there is no excuse.

Maybe the management team should look at taking the players concerned to task rather than making the referee the scapegoat. The speed in which the official brandishes the red card shouldn't take away from the fact the player concerned has given him the opportunity in the first place.

I will hold my hand up if we win the appeal but I think it will be another wedge of cash thrown down the drain, others in the main stand had a clear view though and some saw nothing wrong.
Appealing on 21:24 - Nov 24 with 1502 views442Dale

Appealing on 21:18 - Nov 24 by TalkingSutty

It was a daft challenge (over zealous) in a non threatening part of the pitch whatever way you look at it, the type that often results in injury or red cards. Hendersons red was also down to indiscipline, if you kick out at a player you give the referee the opportunity to send you off, there is no excuse.

Maybe the management team should look at taking the players concerned to task rather than making the referee the scapegoat. The speed in which the official brandishes the red card shouldn't take away from the fact the player concerned has given him the opportunity in the first place.

I will hold my hand up if we win the appeal but I think it will be another wedge of cash thrown down the drain, others in the main stand had a clear view though and some saw nothing wrong.

As above, and I actually think he was a bit unlucky to get red so will understand it if the appeal wins. But will also appreciate the ref would be disappointed if it was overturned.

We need to get things sorted ourselves first. Though obviously we'll all be pleased if Done plays tomorrow.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024