Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ratcliffe arms 21:02 - Nov 26 with 2825 viewspnc4eva1

Anyone know if it's open to home and away fans on Saturday

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Ratcliffe arms on 21:10 - Nov 26 with 2796 viewsDomDale

Not sure how it couldn't be. How can we stop Owdum fans going in the bar if it is POTD?

Bouncer : "You can't come in if you have a ticket for the away end".
Oldham fan :"I don't" (does really).
Rochdale fan: "Me neither, I'm paying on the day"

The one bouncer we usually have is gunna have a fun day...

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Ratcliffe arms on 23:36 - Nov 26 with 2625 viewsTalkingSutty

Ratcliffe arms on 21:10 - Nov 26 by DomDale

Not sure how it couldn't be. How can we stop Owdum fans going in the bar if it is POTD?

Bouncer : "You can't come in if you have a ticket for the away end".
Oldham fan :"I don't" (does really).
Rochdale fan: "Me neither, I'm paying on the day"

The one bouncer we usually have is gunna have a fun day...

I think some are going a bit overboard here and egging this up to be world war three. This year we have hosted Sheffield Wednesday, Preston and Leeds United, they all more or less filled the away section (apart from Preston) and filled the Ratcliffe arms before the game, I don't recall any bother.

If the Leeds game was handled correctly then what's the big panic about this game? There might be Latics fans in the home ends but they will be heavily outnumbered if they start any shenanigans so you would imagine they will concentrate on watching the game. Who cares as long as they behave themselves and 40 or 50 hooligans would stick out like a sore thumb trying to organise themselves in order to get through the home turnstiles.

The inside and outside of Spotland is monitored on CCTV and anybody acting the pan will be setting themselves up for a possible banning order, the majority of wannabe hooligans are not that daft and any real trouble is probably going to happen away from the ground. Not tempting fate but I am just expecting it to be a bit raucous, remember anybody who is worse the ware for drink shouldn't be getting through the turnstiles anyway.

[Post edited 26 Nov 2014 23:42]
Ratcliffe arms on 06:31 - Nov 27 with 2556 viewsDomDale

Ratcliffe arms on 23:36 - Nov 26 by TalkingSutty

I think some are going a bit overboard here and egging this up to be world war three. This year we have hosted Sheffield Wednesday, Preston and Leeds United, they all more or less filled the away section (apart from Preston) and filled the Ratcliffe arms before the game, I don't recall any bother.

If the Leeds game was handled correctly then what's the big panic about this game? There might be Latics fans in the home ends but they will be heavily outnumbered if they start any shenanigans so you would imagine they will concentrate on watching the game. Who cares as long as they behave themselves and 40 or 50 hooligans would stick out like a sore thumb trying to organise themselves in order to get through the home turnstiles.

The inside and outside of Spotland is monitored on CCTV and anybody acting the pan will be setting themselves up for a possible banning order, the majority of wannabe hooligans are not that daft and any real trouble is probably going to happen away from the ground. Not tempting fate but I am just expecting it to be a bit raucous, remember anybody who is worse the ware for drink shouldn't be getting through the turnstiles anyway.

Agree.

I'm making the point how can it not be mixed in the bar.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Ratcliffe arms on 07:32 - Nov 27 with 2520 viewsTalkingSutty

Ratcliffe arms on 06:31 - Nov 27 by DomDale

Agree.

I'm making the point how can it not be mixed in the bar.

The Ratcliffe Arms always has a mix of home and away and there's normally more away supporters congregate in there before the game anyway. Last time I remember there being bother must be about 25 years ago when Blackpool fans kicked off.

The overwhelming percentage of Oldham fans will be just like us,normal people (cough).Lets not pander to the minority of knuckle draggers and let them spoil it for the majority. Get the Ratcliffe packed to the rafters and flood it with bar staff in order to maximise the revenue, they should set up a separate bottle bar also to speed up the process.
Ratcliffe arms on 08:25 - Nov 27 with 2465 viewsaleanddale

Ratcliffe arms on 23:36 - Nov 26 by TalkingSutty

100% agree - TS the voice of reason.

Its Oldham FFS - out of 7000 in and around the ground the few idiots if they bother to show themselves at all will soon be rounded up and carted off.

Leeds - Sheff United - Weds - Coventry - Bury ( although they didnt bring anything like what you would expect ) all passed uneventful.

The minority Knuckle dragger % must be less than 0.25% thats less than 20 people!!.
Ratcliffe arms on 08:36 - Nov 27 with 2455 viewsBIffoBiffoBiffo

It has never been a problem before, Ive been in there the last few times we have played you.

Trouble? It's not like there has been loads of it in there when we have played you recently is there?
Ratcliffe arms on 08:44 - Nov 27 with 2448 viewsaleanddale

Ratcliffe arms on 08:36 - Nov 27 by BIffoBiffoBiffo

It has never been a problem before, Ive been in there the last few times we have played you.

Trouble? It's not like there has been loads of it in there when we have played you recently is there?

There was in 1984 against Blackpool and Portvale!!

I remember being terrified and hiding under a table!!

But no trouble expected Sat ( i would be amazed )

I can see a bit of self policing going on with the decent supporters of both clubs putting their own idiot element in there place.

its 2014 - 30 years on from the dark days of the early 80's.

and as before - we have hosted bigger games in recent history with no trouble.
Ratcliffe arms on 11:13 - Nov 27 with 2375 viewstazzydjr

I agree with Tutty Leeds United & Sheffield United both managed to behave what makes Oldham any different they might have a couple of lunatics both nothing to really worry about surely their "Fine Young Casuals" are past that sort of thing now and are probably no longer "Young" there shouldn't be any trouble as both set's of fans should be applauding into 4th Minute of the Match in Memory of the late Ernie Cooksey, I don't see this Match as a Rivalry both town's are in exact same situation, same problems

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Login to get fewer ads

Ratcliffe arms on 11:14 - Nov 27 with 2375 viewsnordenblue

Ratcliffe arms on 07:32 - Nov 27 by TalkingSutty

The Ratcliffe Arms always has a mix of home and away and there's normally more away supporters congregate in there before the game anyway. Last time I remember there being bother must be about 25 years ago when Blackpool fans kicked off.

The overwhelming percentage of Oldham fans will be just like us,normal people (cough).Lets not pander to the minority of knuckle draggers and let them spoil it for the majority. Get the Ratcliffe packed to the rafters and flood it with bar staff in order to maximise the revenue, they should set up a separate bottle bar also to speed up the process.

Both bars always seem woefully under staffed and its like a surprise to the club when theres fans in there wanting a drink, even though the fixture has been planned months in advance.
Ratcliffe arms on 11:29 - Nov 27 with 2358 viewsD_Alien

Ratcliffe arms on 11:14 - Nov 27 by nordenblue

Both bars always seem woefully under staffed and its like a surprise to the club when theres fans in there wanting a drink, even though the fixture has been planned months in advance.

"its like a surprise to the club when theres fans in there wanting a drink"

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ratcliffe arms on 13:40 - Nov 27 with 2235 viewsTalkingSutty

Ratcliffe arms on 11:14 - Nov 27 by nordenblue

Well whoever is responsible for raising finances through the bars needs to be making sure the bar is properly staffed to handle the numbers on Saturday. Maybe one of the Directors should be cascading that information down and it's no good doing it on the day on the game when it's impossible to get staff.

Just been reading a piece on the OS it seems that plans are in place which includes the sale of red stripe cans from a area away from the main bar. Good to see some advanced planning.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2014 13:47]
Ratcliffe arms on 14:38 - Nov 27 with 2181 viewsnordenblue

Ratcliffe arms on 13:40 - Nov 27 by TalkingSutty

Well whoever is responsible for raising finances through the bars needs to be making sure the bar is properly staffed to handle the numbers on Saturday. Maybe one of the Directors should be cascading that information down and it's no good doing it on the day on the game when it's impossible to get staff.

Just been reading a piece on the OS it seems that plans are in place which includes the sale of red stripe cans from a area away from the main bar. Good to see some advanced planning.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2014 13:47]

It will be like the Port Vale game when the neanderthal on the door tried telling me the pub was still full whilst we watched at least 10 people exit the pub during our chat.
Computer says no moment, tbf he'd be lucky to find 2 brain cells to rub together though.
Ratcliffe arms on 14:53 - Nov 27 with 2157 viewsaleanddale

Ratcliffe arms on 11:13 - Nov 27 by tazzydjr

I agree with Tutty Leeds United & Sheffield United both managed to behave what makes Oldham any different they might have a couple of lunatics both nothing to really worry about surely their "Fine Young Casuals" are past that sort of thing now and are probably no longer "Young" there shouldn't be any trouble as both set's of fans should be applauding into 4th Minute of the Match in Memory of the late Ernie Cooksey, I don't see this Match as a Rivalry both town's are in exact same situation, same problems

"Tutty"

Brilliant!!
Ratcliffe arms on 16:03 - Nov 27 with 2121 viewsnordenblue

Ratcliffe arms on 11:13 - Nov 27 by tazzydjr

Them "fine young casuals" did some catchy stuff
Ratcliffe arms on 16:11 - Nov 27 with 2109 viewsTalkingSutty

Ratcliffe arms on 14:53 - Nov 27 by aleanddale

"Tutty"

Brilliant!!

Good old Tazzy, having spent a good part of my working life being called all manner of things I quite like 'Tutty'
Ratcliffe arms on 16:43 - Nov 27 with 2063 viewsisitme

Ratcliffe arms on 16:11 - Nov 27 by TalkingSutty

Good old Tazzy, having spent a good part of my working life being called all manner of things I quite like 'Tutty'

I am sure some women may have classed you as 'Tutty' now and again. Now you have Tazzy calling you 'Tutty'!
Ratcliffe arms on 21:36 - Nov 27 with 1897 viewsTVOS1907

Ratcliffe arms on 16:43 - Nov 27 by isitme

I am sure some women may have classed you as 'Tutty' now and again. Now you have Tazzy calling you 'Tutty'!

Tazzy & Tutty sounds like a show off CBeebies!

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Ratcliffe arms on 21:50 - Nov 27 with 1879 viewsRosun

Wonder if Studds still has some of that £1.50 Guinness left?
Ratcliffe arms on 21:57 - Nov 27 with 1865 viewsTalkingSutty

Ratcliffe arms on 21:36 - Nov 27 by TVOS1907

Tazzy & Tutty sounds like a show off CBeebies!

The Tazzy, TVOS and Tutty show. Sound good.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024