Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whelan Charged 19:11 - Nov 27 with 2455 viewsD_Alien

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30236333

He said he'll quit as chairman if charged by the FA.

If he's a man of his word, Wigan are in trouble.

Malky Mackay will have signed a contract too.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Whelan Charged on 19:14 - Nov 27 with 2069 viewsSuddenLad

He's been on the news saying he'll quit immediately if found guilty, or any suggestion of guilt is made following the hearing.

We'll see......

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Whelan Charged on 19:15 - Nov 27 with 2063 viewselectricblue

Its amazing that the FA can jump on whelan in days and still cant make a decision on Mackay out after all the months that have gone by.....

Who would be a wigan fan now......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Whelan Charged on 19:40 - Nov 27 with 1985 viewsArthurDaley

Be careful Very careful, of what you say.

A large VAT Dave

Whelan Charged on 19:40 - Nov 27 with 1985 viewsKenBoon

I cannot be bothered reading all the details, but was anything he said in a racist context? One of my biggest annoyances with people in general is they pick the easy fights. There's so much bad racism and other ism's going on in the world today, serious ones that affect and in some cases destroy people's lives. But tacking those is difficult. It's much easier to comment on a public figure putting their foot in their mouth.
Whelan Charged on 19:49 - Nov 27 with 1963 viewsnordenblue

Whelan Charged on 19:40 - Nov 27 by KenBoon

I cannot be bothered reading all the details, but was anything he said in a racist context? One of my biggest annoyances with people in general is they pick the easy fights. There's so much bad racism and other ism's going on in the world today, serious ones that affect and in some cases destroy people's lives. But tacking those is difficult. It's much easier to comment on a public figure putting their foot in their mouth.

Its quite ironic he's been charged by one of the most corrupt organisations in the sporting world, like they are some sort of shining light.
Made me laugh when some tree hugger when interviewed said he wasn't up to the job of being a chairman after this, talk about blowing all things up
Whelan Charged on 19:51 - Nov 27 with 1960 viewsdingdangblue

You would think the F.A would show a little compassion - do they not know that he broke his leg in their flagship competition.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Whelan Charged on 19:58 - Nov 27 with 1944 viewsKenBoon

Didn't a Labour MP (obv after newspaper lines) say the Tory party should refund his donation? Could you imagine how much money political parties would be handing back if a "fit and proper donor" test was done. They'd have to charge full price in Westminster bars.
Whelan Charged on 20:07 - Nov 27 with 1917 viewsArthurDaley

Whelan Charged on 19:51 - Nov 27 by dingdangblue

You would think the F.A would show a little compassion - do they not know that he broke his leg in their flagship competition.

It all went down hill at the FA when a couple of people were accused of sha....entertaining Faria Alam.

A large VAT Dave

Login to get fewer ads

Whelan Charged on 20:11 - Nov 27 with 1898 views442Dale

Whelan Charged on 19:14 - Nov 27 by SuddenLad

He's been on the news saying he'll quit immediately if found guilty, or any suggestion of guilt is made following the hearing.

We'll see......

Been on the news? Whelan?

Surely not. Not like him at all.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Whelan Charged on 20:17 - Nov 27 with 1878 viewsonedalefan

Have heard that if he steps down as chairman, will pass it on to his grandson. Will still be in charge of finances.
Whelan Charged on 20:23 - Nov 27 with 1866 viewsdingdangblue

Whelan Charged on 20:07 - Nov 27 by ArthurDaley

It all went down hill at the FA when a couple of people were accused of sha....entertaining Faria Alam.

I thought that read 'entering' at 1st glance.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Whelan Charged on 21:36 - Nov 27 with 1750 views49thseason

Once again the FA have created a mountain out of a molehill.
Th FA is a morally bankrupt organisation ( http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/536653/Mick-Dennis-on-FIFA-World-Cup-sca and their faux outrage at Whelan and Mackay is a typical establishment response.Make no mistake, If this had been Arsenal or Chelsea we would have heard nothing about it, typically the Grauniad coverage has been gleeful and self-congratulatory and David Conn has probably pissed on his chips as far as most (especially northern) clubs are concerned.
Whelan Charged on 22:30 - Nov 27 with 1677 viewsArthurDaley

Whelan Charged on 20:23 - Nov 27 by dingdangblue

I thought that read 'entering' at 1st glance.

Entering her sounds a lot better.

A large VAT Dave

Whelan Charged on 23:17 - Nov 27 with 1610 viewsdownunder

Whelan Charged on 21:36 - Nov 27 by 49thseason

Once again the FA have created a mountain out of a molehill.
Th FA is a morally bankrupt organisation ( http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/536653/Mick-Dennis-on-FIFA-World-Cup-sca and their faux outrage at Whelan and Mackay is a typical establishment response.Make no mistake, If this had been Arsenal or Chelsea we would have heard nothing about it, typically the Grauniad coverage has been gleeful and self-congratulatory and David Conn has probably pissed on his chips as far as most (especially northern) clubs are concerned.

"typically the Grauniad coverage has been gleeful and self-congratulatory"

That would be a verbal Hand Grauniad?
Whelan Charged on 00:46 - Nov 28 with 1555 viewsolympicdale

Whelan Charged on 22:30 - Nov 27 by ArthurDaley

Entering her sounds a lot better.

surely a faria better option

Life is a game of fate.

Whelan Charged on 07:23 - Nov 28 with 1472 viewsaleanddale

Whelan Charged on 19:40 - Nov 27 by KenBoon

Whelan is typical of that generation. When is it too late to try and educate?.

His Chinese comment was deeply offensive. He used it trying to justify some other comment and that made matters a whole lot worse.

The problem lies with Whelan he thinks that there is no problem with his comment but with that undercurrent of Racicm still around it will never be stamped out.

The players all wear the tee shirts and we attend "kick out Racicm " match days and this type of comment shows ignorance at best.

The FA might have wanted somebody to make an example of and Whelan has made it very easy for them.
Whelan Charged on 08:10 - Nov 28 with 1438 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

I understand Simon Wiesenthal has been brought in on the FA Panel...
Whelan Charged on 09:07 - Nov 28 with 1410 viewsnordenblue

Whelan Charged on 07:23 - Nov 28 by aleanddale

His Chinese comment was deeply offensive. He used it trying to justify some other comment and that made matters a whole lot worse.

The problem lies with Whelan he thinks that there is no problem with his comment but with that undercurrent of Racicm still around it will never be stamped out.

The players all wear the tee shirts and we attend "kick out Racicm " match days and this type of comment shows ignorance at best.

The FA might have wanted somebody to make an example of and Whelan has made it very easy for them.

We'll reach a point in this country when everyone might as well not speak at all for fear of offending or prosecution from various other nationalities
Whelan Charged on 10:01 - Nov 28 with 1376 viewsaleanddale

Whelan Charged on 09:07 - Nov 28 by nordenblue

We'll reach a point in this country when everyone might as well not speak at all for fear of offending or prosecution from various other nationalities

Cant agree there NB speaking out is fine we are a democratic prosperous country because of it.

Having strong opinions / disliking / disagreeing whats going on with ISIS - Pedo Taxi drivers or MP's who groom vunerable kids is fine.

Using terms that are know as derogitory / hurtful / racist is just not acceptable in this day and age IMO.

we all know what these terms are and there is no defence in saying well we call Americans a Yank etc etc.

I have a couple of Muslim freinds and a one chinese one!! I know what they deem hurtful / Racist.

It will be another generation though before it gets better.
Whelan Charged on 10:44 - Nov 28 with 1349 viewsArthurDaley

If Prince Phillip can say things about the Chinese so can Dave Whelan.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1392413/Prince-Philip-defends-infamous-s

A large VAT Dave

Whelan Charged on 10:58 - Nov 28 with 1336 viewsD_Alien

"The FA might have wanted somebody to make an example of and Whelan has made it very easy for them."

Agree with the general thrust of your arguments but think the FA will try and produce some kind of compromise that allows Whelan to continue as chairman. I suspect the last thing they'd want to see is a club that's been a great advert for progression through the football leagues to suddenly flounder.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Whelan Charged on 11:07 - Nov 28 with 1322 viewsdingdangblue

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30139723

Whelan Charged on 11:25 - Nov 28 with 1305 viewsnordenblue

Whelan Charged on 10:01 - Nov 28 by aleanddale

Cant agree there NB speaking out is fine we are a democratic prosperous country because of it.

Having strong opinions / disliking / disagreeing whats going on with ISIS - Pedo Taxi drivers or MP's who groom vunerable kids is fine.

Using terms that are know as derogitory / hurtful / racist is just not acceptable in this day and age IMO.

we all know what these terms are and there is no defence in saying well we call Americans a Yank etc etc.

I have a couple of Muslim freinds and a one chinese one!! I know what they deem hurtful / Racist.

It will be another generation though before it gets better.

Its all pc bullshit, he should have got a slap on the wrist and pulled infront of the FA end of problem. We all have friends from other cultures etc so we all understand various issues but it has all gone absolutely bonkers,using your analogy White Hart Lane would be empty every home game due to "racism",
Whelan Charged on 12:05 - Nov 28 with 1272 viewsdingdangblue

'we all know what these terms are and there is no defence in saying well we call Americans a Yank etc etc.

I have a couple of Muslim freinds and a one chinese one!! I know what they deem hurtful / Racist. '

What if someone said they had an American friend - and they find the term Yank hurtful?
Just sayin. Who decides if saying Chink is more hurtful or racist than saying Yank or Jock? It is a bizarre world we live in. In my avatar - the photo from the excellent Max and Paddy's road to nowhere - Peter Kay for whatever reason has Max wearing a Pakistan cricket shirt? is that racist? the joke being the randomness of an Englishman wearing the Pakistan kit.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2014 12:12]

Whelan Charged on 14:13 - Nov 28 with 1172 viewsaleanddale

Whelan Charged on 11:25 - Nov 28 by nordenblue

Its all pc bullshit, he should have got a slap on the wrist and pulled infront of the FA end of problem. We all have friends from other cultures etc so we all understand various issues but it has all gone absolutely bonkers,using your analogy White Hart Lane would be empty every home game due to "racism",

White Hart Lane?? Of course not thats just silly its the actual name of the ground. Why would that be deemed racist, insulting or hurtful.

Reading / watching / talking about Black Beauty isnt racist either!!

Disagreeing / hating islamic terrorists isnt wrong either. But really labelling a whole race with the words he used is not good in my book.

I dont want to get drawn further, There is an element of generation ignornance hence the Prince Philip excuse doesnt stand up either.

Right i am off for a few pints this afternoon and looking forward to 3 points tomorrow.

Up the Dale.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024