Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flitcroft at bury 21:42 - Dec 16 with 16866 viewsjoecooke

How long do we reckon he has got till the spanish archer.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Flitcroft at bury on 02:22 - Dec 18 with 3149 viewsAtThePeake

Flitcroft at bury on 10:20 - Dec 17 by ColDale

Managers over complicate matters at times. We had it with Eyre who would try several different formations in the same game without realising that what worked for highly talented youngsters didn't work for the bread and butter footballers of League One.

The original Hillcroft success was down to keeping matters as simple as possible with their no fear approach. Tactics were to attack and enjoy the football, and it was from this time that players would over perform due to the climate around the club.

I know football changes but Flicker could do with remembering what has worked for him and to keep that as being the normal. He won't win every game but he shouldn't expect to. hilly always talks about forgiving the players when things go wrong, whilst Flicker seems to chop and change and bring in replacements. It's so far from what appears to have been his football principles, but I'd be surprised if he was allowing Day to have any influence at all. He might manipulate him into thinking he has influence but it's not Flicker's style.

Col, do you not think there's a chance that Flicker's philosophies and styles have changed because Day is meddling? Easy to say that Flicker wouldn't put up with it, but that would/could leave him jobless. Having ultimately failed at Barnsley and then walking out on a club that have given him financial backing, he wouldn't be an attractive position for most clubs if he walked out on Bury now.

Admittedly, Whitey's post suggests that his style was similar at Barnsley towards the end so perhaps not, just a theory.

Tangled up in blue.

Flitcroft at bury on 07:27 - Dec 18 with 3079 viewsColDale

Flitcroft at bury on 02:22 - Dec 18 by AtThePeake

Col, do you not think there's a chance that Flicker's philosophies and styles have changed because Day is meddling? Easy to say that Flicker wouldn't put up with it, but that would/could leave him jobless. Having ultimately failed at Barnsley and then walking out on a club that have given him financial backing, he wouldn't be an attractive position for most clubs if he walked out on Bury now.

Admittedly, Whitey's post suggests that his style was similar at Barnsley towards the end so perhaps not, just a theory.

It depends on the extent of the meddling tho I agree with the earlier comment that the signing of Lowe was a vanity signing by Day. I guess with the money that's been attributed to the budget this year at Gigg, it brings its own challenges, and maybe Day is encouraging a promotion at all costs approach (with a longer term plan for down the line) and the revolving door of recruitment is part of that.

But surely if it is interference, then Flicker was the wrong person to appoint. He was brought in because of what he was part of at Rochdale, because that should be the philosophy of every club in the Football League - sustainable and attractive football which takes advantage of the local community.

There's a modern day thinking in football that if an owner is spending significant funds on a club, then there is an entitlement to have a say on footballing matters, and worryingly it seems many coaches / managers are happy to go along with it - perhaps simply down to there being more coaches / managers than jobs. It brings it back to what a great situation we have at Dale. I know its easy to put that down to the success which allows that freedom, but right back to when Hill was first appointed, he was allowed to appoint Flicker as his number two when the whole world was shouting out for him to have an experienced head as a number two.
Flitcroft at bury on 07:54 - Dec 18 with 3041 viewsaleanddale

Interesting debate this one - meddling chairman. Thank god we have CD who openly admits he knows nowt about running a football team but 100% knows how to run a club.

The latest talk sport day offering was startling.

The fact no gigglers are saying Mmmm - hang on a minute this is odd.. Even more startling!!

I am not saying he is picking the team or owt but the insight of his mindset on radio beggars belief.

#thinksitsfootballmanager15
Flitcroft at bury on 20:11 - Dec 18 with 2815 viewsrobbowood

Flitcroft at bury on 02:22 - Dec 18 by AtThePeake

Even if Mr Day is 'upsetting' Flicker left, right and centre with his 'comments' Flicker would be absolutely mad to quit as he has bills to pay like anybody else and would be very unlikely to get a job similar to what he has at Gigg

Flicker's attitude is surely "Tell me how much money is involved (he'll have none if he quits) and I'll tell you what my principles are"
Flitcroft at bury on 20:28 - Dec 18 with 2777 viewsPDIDDY

It wasn't mr day meddling pre shrewsbury , that's when the rot set in and DF lost the dressing room.

Gissa job

Flitcroft at bury on 20:31 - Dec 18 with 2775 viewstazzydjr

Flitcroft at bury on 20:28 - Dec 18 by PDIDDY

It wasn't mr day meddling pre shrewsbury , that's when the rot set in and DF lost the dressing room.

So your saying Beast (Brian Jensen) were the real manager of that dressing room?

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Flitcroft at bury on 20:42 - Dec 18 with 2735 viewsPDIDDY

Flitcroft at bury on 20:31 - Dec 18 by tazzydjr

So your saying Beast (Brian Jensen) were the real manager of that dressing room?

No, it all kicked off pre match at shrews before the 5-0 hammering, that's when flicker lost the dressing room

Gissa job

Flitcroft at bury on 21:54 - Dec 18 with 2633 viewsdalefan

Flitcroft at bury on 20:42 - Dec 18 by PDIDDY

No, it all kicked off pre match at shrews before the 5-0 hammering, that's when flicker lost the dressing room

All that money Day spent doing that dressing room up and now Flitcrofts gone and lost it, no wonder Day isn't happy with him
[Post edited 18 Dec 2014 21:57]
Login to get fewer ads

Flitcroft at bury on 21:56 - Dec 18 with 2619 viewsSuddenLad

So when can we expect a couple of 'senior pros' to take temporary charge of team affairs ?

Managers who 'lose' dressing rooms rarely last very long. If they're not playing for him, he might as well go now.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Flitcroft at bury on 22:08 - Dec 18 with 2571 viewsPDIDDY

Flitcroft at bury on 21:56 - Dec 18 by SuddenLad

So when can we expect a couple of 'senior pros' to take temporary charge of team affairs ?

Managers who 'lose' dressing rooms rarely last very long. If they're not playing for him, he might as well go now.

Or 5 games ago

Gissa job

Flitcroft at bury on 22:11 - Dec 18 with 2556 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Can you enlighten us Didz.......what exactly kicked off pre match at Shrews?

Most of us have no idea to what you refer!
Flitcroft at bury on 22:26 - Dec 18 with 2530 viewsSuddenLad

Flitcroft at bury on 22:08 - Dec 18 by PDIDDY

Or 5 games ago

Interesting then, that Ryan Lowe was on Radio Manchester this afternoon saying how he thought that 'the lads' had enough about them to get back on track and climb back into the business end of the division.

Shouldn't it be Flicker making comments like that in public ?

Flitcroft at bury on 22:31 - Dec 18 with 2501 viewsPDIDDY

Flitcroft at bury on 22:11 - Dec 18 by Yorkshire_Dale

Chomper might call me horrible names if I claim to be ITK,

Gissa job

Flitcroft at bury on 00:11 - Dec 19 with 2428 viewsAtThePeake

Flitcroft at bury on 22:11 - Dec 18 by Yorkshire_Dale

Rumours are that there was a major bust-up between McNulty and Hussey. Major enough for the police to be involved.

Tangled up in blue.

Flitcroft at bury on 08:13 - Dec 19 with 2329 viewsTalkingSutty

Flitcroft at bury on 00:11 - Dec 19 by AtThePeake

Rumours are that there was a major bust-up between McNulty and Hussey. Major enough for the police to be involved.

That's what happens when you sign "special human beings". Flickers interviews are puke inducing in respect of how he speaks about individual footballers.
Flitcroft at bury on 08:20 - Dec 19 with 2203 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Flitcroft at bury on 08:13 - Dec 19 by TalkingSutty

That's what happens when you sign "special human beings". Flickers interviews are puke inducing in respect of how he speaks about individual footballers.

Sounds as though he's swallowed a library full of self-help/motivation books. Bearable when you're wining, David Brent when you're losing.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Flitcroft at bury on 09:29 - Dec 19 with 2139 viewsdingdangblue

Flitcroft at bury on 00:11 - Dec 19 by AtThePeake

You could just tell that the Synergy wasn't right between those two.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Flitcroft at bury on 10:33 - Dec 19 with 2084 viewsD_Alien

Flitcroft at bury on 08:13 - Dec 19 by TalkingSutty

I think he just misses out the word "needs" from that phrase

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Flitcroft at bury on 11:39 - Dec 19 with 2023 viewsaleanddale

All said I think I might lump on the gigglers tomorrow home tie v woeful - toothless York.

Banker league 2 home victory tomorrow the shite run they are on must be due to end?

Hopefully not but I can see a win from them tomorrow.

What's the saying about even a blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut.
Flitcroft at bury on 18:42 - Dec 20 with 1797 viewsDomDale

Big result today. 2-1 up to draw against one of the relegation favourites!!

Nahh. I couldn't give a fook. Wish we'd stop commenting on 'em. Oldham's result today far more hilarious and more importantly more relevant to us.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Flitcroft at bury on 18:44 - Dec 20 with 1778 viewsSuddenLad

Flitcroft at bury on 18:42 - Dec 20 by DomDale

Big result today. 2-1 up to draw against one of the relegation favourites!!

Nahh. I couldn't give a fook. Wish we'd stop commenting on 'em. Oldham's result today far more hilarious and more importantly more relevant to us.

Gigglers were 2-0 up and ended up hanging on for a draw.

Flitcroft at bury on 18:47 - Dec 20 with 1765 viewsDomDale

Flitcroft at bury on 18:44 - Dec 20 by SuddenLad

Gigglers were 2-0 up and ended up hanging on for a draw.

It's funny. But it's no 7-0.

And doesn't affect our season ;).

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Flitcroft at bury on 18:49 - Dec 20 with 1751 viewsolympicdale

Flitcroft at bury on 18:47 - Dec 20 by DomDale

It's funny. But it's no 7-0.

And doesn't affect our season ;).

do it properly, its 7 (seven)-0

Life is a game of fate.

Flitcroft at bury on 18:51 - Dec 20 with 1738 viewsSuddenLad

Flitcroft at bury on 18:49 - Dec 20 by olympicdale