Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A rare kit thread 21:00 - Dec 17 with 1473 views442Dale

Those white shorts that reappeared last night were both conspicuous and well-received; the whole strip looks much better with them. It got me (and only me) thinking about how many times we've not worn our registered home kit at home in recent years.

07/08
Home kit: black & white stripes/white shorts/black socks
Alternatives used:
*yellow/white/yellow to avoid a clash with Brentford
*Black shorts & socks on a few occasions
*White shorts & socks v Wycombe, probably because we won at Bradford the week before wearing them.

08/09
Home kit: blue & black stripes/white shorts/blue socks
Alternatives used:
*Only changed once from memory, white socks v Stockport pre-season, but the team picture that year had us in white socks too.

09/10
Alternatives used:
*Purple away shirt worn with home shorts & socks when Macc wore black.
*Black shorts won the day we clinched promotion v Northampton who turned up with white.

10/11
Home kit: blue & black shirts/white shorts/blue socks
Alternatives used:
*Oldham in the abandoned game, we wore white socks while they wore blue. This had swapped when it was played again.

12/13
Alternatives used:
*All yellow worn v Bristol Rovers who wore their usual quarters but only had a black away kit.
*Yellow/blue/yellow worn v Exeter for reasons never established.

13/14
Alternatives used:
*White away shirt with home shorts & socks v Bristol Rovers (again!) who arrived with a purple & black away kit.
*All white v Sheff Wed who couldn't get a third kit made... until three days later when they went to Millwall.

14/15
*Last night's white shorts.

Doubt there's another club in the country who will have changed as much from their usual kit when playing at home. You may now all return to watching the grass grow while it's dark out.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

A rare kit thread on 21:09 - Dec 17 with 1445 viewsTalkingSutty

This thread just reinforces my belief.....the majority of us are a bit "touched",it stands out a mile!!
A rare kit thread on 21:11 - Dec 17 with 1435 views442Dale

A rare kit thread on 21:09 - Dec 17 by TalkingSutty

This thread just reinforces my belief.....the majority of us are a bit "touched",it stands out a mile!!

A bit?

Beyond help here.

Credit to those supporters who pointed out the white shorts to me at the game.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2014 21:12]

A rare kit thread on 22:32 - Dec 17 with 1311 viewsR17ALE

White shorts are very Rochdale for me. We wore white shorts in my first ever game, and should for evermore.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

A rare kit thread on 22:42 - Dec 17 with 1294 viewsdalenumber2

Didn't even notice - but perhaps because I was happy with the kit. I much prefer the white shorts.
A rare kit thread on 23:07 - Dec 17 with 1260 viewsD_Alien

Continuing on a theme from another thread (bear with me - not threadbare, you understand... oh just get on with it ffs!)...

Before I was old enough to go to t' Dale on my own I started going with my older brother but then he started playing for his senior school team and didn't always get back in time so I persuaded my older sister to go for a while. Anyroads, she didn't mind because the sight of Norman Whitehead wearing his white shorts more than made up for the boredom of watching the game (apparently).

So there we have it. It was an education.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

A rare kit thread on 23:28 - Dec 17 with 1221 viewsShun

A rare kit thread on 22:42 - Dec 17 by dalenumber2

Didn't even notice - but perhaps because I was happy with the kit. I much prefer the white shorts.

I too prefer the white shorts, but then again I prefer black shorts even more!
A rare kit thread on 01:36 - Dec 18 with 1155 viewsolympicdale

A rare kit thread on 23:28 - Dec 17 by Shun

I too prefer the white shorts, but then again I prefer black shorts even more!

Now I like white shorts..............then again i also like black shorts, but which one is better

[Post edited 18 Dec 2014 1:37]

Life is a game of fate.

A rare kit thread on 12:53 - Dec 18 with 1033 viewsSaxonDale

To add my piece to this fascinatingly boring thread I would argue that all our kits following after the Centenary have looked better when wearing white shorts.
Login to get fewer ads

A rare kit thread on 18:21 - Dec 18 with 922 views442Dale

Boring? Wow.

Recovering from that upset, it needs saying that although the kit might look right with black shorts, it's not right. So stop.

A rare kit thread on 22:48 - Dec 18 with 802 views49thseason

Can we have a mainly white kit (or other bright / light colour) for use under floodlights please - OR can the other half of the new lights be fitted asap so that we can see what goes on in the corners? And before you suggest it I had my eyes tested last week!

Spot the corner taker on about 22 seconds ............. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30514400

...........Actually that's an idea that could replace the Golden Gamble!
[Post edited 18 Dec 2014 22:52]
A rare kit thread on 23:00 - Dec 18 with 787 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Had one of the white shirts in the late 90's - it was a bastard to keep clean - maybe Jack has blocked that avenue :)

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024