Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Johnny Butt RIP 15:45 - Dec 19 with 2999 viewsArthurDaley

Another one for the oldies.
Johnny Butt, Rochdalien, character , boxer, womaniser and drinker. What a man, Has sadly
passed away. He was a fighter with a talent for boxing who could have had a brilliant career. But wine women and song got in the way. He lost his licence to fight in Britain, so moved to Australia to fight .
Got to know Johnny quite well when I used to go in the Hamer WMC.
He even invited er indoors out for a drink when she was walking the dog on Heybrook field. Said she didn't go. Or so she said. What a character.

A large VAT Dave

Johnny Butt RIP on 15:49 - Dec 19 with 2984 viewsSuggers

These characters will never be replaced. Used to see him running round Syke with his boots on.
Johnny Butt RIP on 16:04 - Dec 19 with 2954 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Looks familiar......RIP
Johnny Butt RIP on 18:17 - Dec 19 with 2853 viewsirisaln

We used to wait for him at the bottom of the Carlton steps on a Wednesday night ( 2 for 1 night) and he would pay for us in. Great fighter !
Johnny Butt RIP on 19:54 - Dec 19 with 2753 viewsdale1968

If I remember I think he competed in an Olympic Games.

He was in Branksome Nursing Home when my Grandma was in there a few years Back..

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Johnny Butt RIP on 23:33 - Dec 19 with 2625 viewsdaleythompson

Johnny's boxing career happened way before my time but I used to see him a lot in and around Hamer. Always laughing and joking, singing old songs and telling stories. His favourite catchphrase was "yaba daba doo!" For some reason? Proper character was Johnny.
Johnny Butt RIP on 01:15 - Dec 24 with 2391 viewsDiddyDave

My mate,Mike Taylor,will be very sad to hear this news. He was a mate of Johnny`s way back in the day from when they used to box at Hamer Boxing Club,and a long time before that. Mick said he saw him when he went back to the UK in May,but Johnny was basically ga ga and didn`t know him from a bar of soap,poor bugger. I didn`t know him at all,but I can recall a lot of his Australian fights being reported in the Obby from time to time in the sixties. Another Rochdale character gone,Kenny Naylor left us only weeks ago too,so not many left now!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024