Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tony Harrington 18:05 - Dec 27 with 2113 viewslove_the_dale

I thought the referee yesterday was excellent, despite the efforts of one or two of our fans to wind him up before the game had hardly started! Probably the best I have seen this season. Good, quick decisions, no fussiness and kept the game going, spoke to anyone who needed speaking to, gave correct yellow cards. Perhaps 3 minutes added time was a bit stingy in the second half though.

It was also good to see a team playing with the same ethics as the Dale - perhaps even better, as I never noticed anyone with the niggling fouls one of ours is inclined towards. They showed good sporting behaviour, eg one of their guys consoling Lund whilst waiting for him to receive treatment. Also no time wasting when 2 - 1 up.

I also like the way the club involve the away fans in the onfield activities before the game and at half-time.

All in all, a good day out, spoiled only by the result.
Tony Harrington on 18:09 - Dec 27 with 2098 viewsD_Alien

Good post, and whilst I wasn't there yesterday it's a refreshing change to hear positive things, both about referees and sporting behaviour.

Let's hope we're talking about the game at this time tomorrow rather than the referee.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Tony Harrington on 18:36 - Dec 27 with 2047 views442Dale

Same ref as the 0-4 v Scunthorpe at home last season when we had two sent off.

Sure we were all as kind then...

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Tony Harrington on 19:27 - Dec 27 with 1986 viewsD_Dale

Tomorrow it's Yorkshire-based Robert (Bobby) Madley who also officiates in the Premiership. So far this season 4 reds in 14 games. The last time he was at Spotland seems to be a JP Trophy match on 9/10/2012 against bury (1-1, lost on penalties) when he sent off Craig Curran. Presumably, on 8/2/2011 when we beat Bristol R. 3-1, with time-added-on goals by Matt Done and J-LAA after a Rovers player had been sent off, Dale fans judged Madley to have had a good game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024