Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Financial musings 07:21 - Jan 30 with 5439 viewsRAFCBLUE

So, bury announced last night that they made a £1.6m LOSS for the 2013-14 season.

Elsewhere mentioned that the "Loan" account is currently £3.1m! The means that 2014-15 season has cost bury £1.5m so far, with 3 months of the season still to go.

Plans for a concert and hotel apartments announced but subject to planning permission. Absolutely no update on the number of car parking spaces sold!

I really fear for them now and it makes you realise how lucky we are to have people here who stick to our broad club principles of not investing speculatively and living within our means.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Financial musings on 07:35 - Jan 30 with 4432 viewsTommoRAFC

Why haven't the FA placed a transfer embargo on them?
[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 7:54]

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

Financial musings on 08:35 - Jan 30 with 4331 viewsaleanddale

Financial musings on 07:35 - Jan 30 by TommoRAFC

It's a ruse.. The loan is in the name of one of the milky bar kids many companies. The security is the ground but not the loan.

£3 000 000 and counting why does that matter. They have just won two on the bounce and are heading for the promised land.

The second win was away at Accy - a resounding 1-0 late victory. Win on Saturday and they are assured the automatics.

Or summat like that.

The reality is a gamble of epic proportion. The roulette like spin might land on the number of choice. Or more likely it will not.

They surely will be right in the shite should they fail to get promoted this season.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 11:05]
Financial musings on 08:43 - Jan 30 with 4318 viewsmacro

Financial musings on 07:35 - Jan 30 by TommoRAFC

Don't have the financial fair play rules of the championship
Financial musings on 09:20 - Jan 30 with 4234 viewsaleanddale

Had a quick look on the giggle board. They think they are all super intelligent but my god they are missing some huge points.

The biggest is this Aparthotel. Costs 2.7 million to build and if it runs to capacity it will generate £270 000 per annum.

Capacity includes £140 a night being achieved and 100% occupancy.

Premier inn bury tonight you can stay for £48 and the village bury £90. Neither are full.

10 years to repay? Erm more like 25 at best.

Not one person has question operation costs or management fees to run the place.

Staff wages? Heating? Lighting? Business rates? Marketing budgets? To name just a few.

And all this is not even planning approved yet.

The best bit is the comments what else can we do?? I have an idea!!!

Work out your total income and set a budget accordingly and stop running about trying to grab as many milky bars as you can!!!

I really worry for them... But they make it difficult to have any sympathy.
Financial musings on 09:31 - Jan 30 with 4211 viewsChaffRAFC

Financial musings on 09:20 - Jan 30 by aleanddale

Had a quick look on the giggle board. They think they are all super intelligent but my god they are missing some huge points.

The biggest is this Aparthotel. Costs 2.7 million to build and if it runs to capacity it will generate £270 000 per annum.

Premier inn bury tonight you can stay for £48 and the village bury £90. Neither are full.

Not one person has question operation costs or management fees to run the place.

Staff wages? Heating? Lighting? Business rates? Marketing budgets? To name just a few.

Work out your total income and set a budget accordingly and stop running about trying to grab as many milky bars as you can!!!

Worry isn't the word I'd use. They are the gift that keep on giving.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Financial musings on 10:22 - Jan 30 with 4086 viewselectricblue

I take it that the car park lottery is not working........

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Financial musings on 10:27 - Jan 30 with 4069 viewsParkinsGimp

LOL very worrying if you are a bURY fan . They will be out shaking buckets and asking for the football community to stump up money to save the glorious old club with a proud FA Cup tradition( well until they got kicked out that is lol) . The milky Bar kid is really something.
Financial musings on 10:34 - Jan 30 with 4037 viewsDaleiLama

Financial musings on 10:27 - Jan 30 by ParkinsGimp

LOL very worrying if you are a bURY fan . They will be out shaking buckets and asking for the football community to stump up money to save the glorious old club with a proud FA Cup tradition( well until they got kicked out that is lol) . The milky Bar kid is really something.

PG - suggest you offer your version to their club ...... it's much better than their official website version!!!

http://www.buryfc.co.uk/club/why_shakers/

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Financial musings on 10:45 - Jan 30 with 4005 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Financial musings on 09:20 - Jan 30 by aleanddale

What is staggering Aleanddale is that it's not dawned on the vast majority of them that the board's strategy is working. They are not discussing unsustainable losses and indebtedness, and the board's blatent refusal to discuss these matters, and instead are talking about fanciful plans for hotel apartments that, mark my words, will not get built.

Every time he throws them a bone to divert them from the scent they, en masse, go joyfully galloping after it.

They are remarkable.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Financial musings on 11:36 - Jan 30 with 3901 viewsR11BFC

You dont have to worry for us dALEYS. Ooops that caps lock stuck again!

Plenty of Bury fans raising valid points/concerns both on our MB and elsewhere.

http://www.gigglane.com/showthread.php/25205-Shareholders-Meeting-tomorrow-night

Excellent work by Bury Born on there btw - is he TTNY on here? No wonder he was born in Bury!

For God loved the world so much, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him, may not die, but have eternal life. John 3:16

Financial musings on 11:57 - Jan 30 with 3844 viewstazzydjr

Surely this is breaking FFP they should be issued with an Transfer Embargo just like Nottingham Forest & Blackburn Rovers have been surely the Football League should of spotted it when it hit the 700k Mark of losses of the giggle

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Financial musings on 12:11 - Jan 30 with 3806 viewsisitme

As Day has his fingers in a number of other pies can Bury's loan and losses not be used to reduce his tax liabilities for other parts of his business?
Financial musings on 12:22 - Jan 30 with 3769 viewsDaley_Lama

Interesting as always

A couple of months ago there was a big rumpus about loans taken out against Gigg Lane.

This loan was not against Bury FC, it was against SG Management and secured personally by Stewpot Day.

This loan was on top of previous loans secured by SG Management from Cash my Gold

Add it all up and it comes to 3.1 million and what have they got that is tangible to date?

A knackered pitch
Nice dressing rooms
Some new sofas

Erm, that's it.

Yet on the other hand, influx of money has never been higher.

The ground has been re-named for sponsorship income
There have been weekly announcements of partner sponsorships
Flicker has often spoken about how the wage bill has been reduced in his time there
Income from car parking scheme

This is all before a single planning permission has been approved, performance licence issued, brick been laid, song been sung.

Glenn Thomas Nov 2014

“Our plan is based upon old fashioned hard work to turn a failing business into a viable business.

“The only way businesses grow is by making a profit, doing things properly and understanding your business.

“That’s all we are going to do so we promise the fans, no matter what they think or what negativity is out there, that we always put Bury Football Club first.”

Poll: DF in or out

Financial musings on 12:47 - Jan 30 with 3686 viewsChaffRAFC

Financial musings on 11:36 - Jan 30 by R11BFC

http://www.gigglane.com/showthread.php/25205-Shareholders-Meeting-tomorrow-night

Excellent work by Bury Born on there btw - is he TTNY on here? No wonder he was born in Bury!

I read all that link and I've never appreciated Chris Dunphy and our board of directors more than I do right this minute.

Thank Christ I don't support Bury. An absolute farce of a football club.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Financial musings on 13:12 - Jan 30 with 3606 viewsMoonyDale

Financial musings on 10:45 - Jan 30 by BigDaveMyCock

What is staggering Aleanddale is that it's not dawned on the vast majority of them that the board's strategy is working. They are not discussing unsustainable losses and indebtedness, and the board's blatent refusal to discuss these matters, and instead are talking about fanciful plans for hotel apartments that, mark my words, will not get built.

Every time he throws them a bone to divert them from the scent they, en masse, go joyfully galloping after it.

They are remarkable.

My thoughts exactly, although there are a couple on their board who can see past the bluff and bluster of Day and are not swallowing his outpourings like a greedy hooker.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Financial musings on 15:12 - Jan 30 with 3453 viewsaleanddale

Financial musings on 11:36 - Jan 30 by R11BFC

Ow do R11. ( some sense lost amongst most of our down the A58 buddies ).

Are the 10 who objected now shot down in flames Enough to not speak up anymore?.

3.1 million is huge - and it will be more with every passing month.

What is your honest opinion on the end game.

Championship or bust? Or something more sinister lurking in the depths?

Finally why do so many lord over the milky bar kid like he is some kind of saviour? He appears very unsavoury to me!!!
Financial musings on 15:19 - Jan 30 with 3428 viewsSuddenLad

There is some suggestion on the Bury Message Board that the AGM failed to approve the accounts, which apparently is compulsory under FL/FA rules and that failure to do so, renders them ineligible to apply to compete in the FA Cup next season.

A cowboy outfit, run by clowns.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Financial musings on 15:23 - Jan 30 with 3420 viewsTVOS1907

Financial musings on 15:19 - Jan 30 by SuddenLad

There is some suggestion on the Bury Message Board that the AGM failed to approve the accounts, which apparently is compulsory under FL/FA rules and that failure to do so, renders them ineligible to apply to compete in the FA Cup next season.

A cowboy outfit, run by clowns.

Being ineligible for the FA Cup hasn't stopped them before.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Financial musings on 15:31 - Jan 30 with 3400 viewsArthurDaley

buRy's response to their financial crisis.

A large VAT Dave

Financial musings on 15:38 - Jan 30 with 3379 viewsR11BFC

Financial musings on 15:12 - Jan 30 by aleanddale

Ow do R11. ( some sense lost amongst most of our down the A58 buddies ).

Are the 10 who objected now shot down in flames Enough to not speak up anymore?.

3.1 million is huge - and it will be more with every passing month.

What is your honest opinion on the end game.

Championship or bust? Or something more sinister lurking in the depths?

Finally why do so many lord over the milky bar kid like he is some kind of saviour? He appears very unsavoury to me!!!

Ow do Ale and Dale. See what i did there?!

Re the BT10, i would say they're as vociferous as ever and being honest, most of the enjoy the riders seem to have gone pretty quiet. That's why i dont agree with some of the comments on this thread that the 'vast majority'/'nearly all' are lapping it up.

Agree a £3.1M loan is huge, albeit didnt overly surprise me (it was always going to be at least £2M) but add in the £1.6M loss then it is is truly frightening. And no doubt another loss for this year - most of the transfer fees paid for will be in there for starters.

Tbf the presentations on the night were good - Flitcroft and Day, in particular, came across very well and there's no doubt Day is a football fan. The youth set up looks great too with some real talent coming through and we do have some assets in the 1st team now.

Not being open to taking questions from the floor on the night though was appalling.

I've no doubt they're giving it a real go but i think they're gambling with my football club...some of their ideas have merits, some dont...overall given our fan base and that gambles usually dont come off i believe the money/loans will ultimately run out and we will go bust.

The only hope then would be some rich saviour...the Nevilles, Danny Boyle and the like.

If Mr Day & Co pull it off then i will 'doff my cap'...

...but yeah, overall, i fear for my football club.

For God loved the world so much, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him, may not die, but have eternal life. John 3:16

Financial musings on 15:48 - Jan 30 with 3356 views49thseason

I wonder how difficult it is to convert an aparthotel into student accommodation? Probably not very.

http://www.burycollegeunicentre.co.uk/support/accommodation.aspx

Given there is apparently £135m of expansion going on a Salford Uni (9 miles away) , Bolton Uni is 7 miles away and the University College of Bury is around the corner, Student accommodation at Gigg Lane makes perfect sense, especially if the land can be acquired by a shell company in "repayment " of a debt and the shell in turn is acquired by a development company.

Once some "accommodation" has been established at Gigg Lane then getting further planning permissions should be easy.

Bury FC now owes the sort of money it has little chance of repaying and seems to be losing more and more each season.
The ground is the guarantee on the loans.
My guess is one more season and kaput unless they unearth a £5m + player before the end of next season.
Financial musings on 17:43 - Jan 30 with 3185 viewsaleanddale

Financial musings on 15:38 - Jan 30 by R11BFC

Ow do Ale and Dale. See what i did there?!

Re the BT10, i would say they're as vociferous as ever and being honest, most of the enjoy the riders seem to have gone pretty quiet. That's why i dont agree with some of the comments on this thread that the 'vast majority'/'nearly all' are lapping it up.

Agree a £3.1M loan is huge, albeit didnt overly surprise me (it was always going to be at least £2M) but add in the £1.6M loss then it is is truly frightening. And no doubt another loss for this year - most of the transfer fees paid for will be in there for starters.

Tbf the presentations on the night were good - Flitcroft and Day, in particular, came across very well and there's no doubt Day is a football fan. The youth set up looks great too with some real talent coming through and we do have some assets in the 1st team now.

Not being open to taking questions from the floor on the night though was appalling.

I've no doubt they're giving it a real go but i think they're gambling with my football club...some of their ideas have merits, some dont...overall given our fan base and that gambles usually dont come off i believe the money/loans will ultimately run out and we will go bust.

The only hope then would be some rich saviour...the Nevilles, Danny Boyle and the like.

If Mr Day & Co pull it off then i will 'doff my cap'...

...but yeah, overall, i fear for my football club.

A fair appraisal for sure..

I really do hope that this isn't The beginning of the end so to speak.

You should visit here more often R11 you are more than welcome.

3.1 million ( shakes head )

One last one - seriously will all this be worth it? What I mean is what's wrong with competing at Lg2 lg1 even if yo yo between the two divisions.

Do you actually view Bury ( capital just for you ) as a championship club rather than your actual status for 20 years?

I am fascinated by the giggle soap opera though - it beats corrie hands down!!

Just wouldn't want to be part of it.
Financial musings on 18:06 - Jan 30 with 3141 viewsR11BFC

Financial musings on 17:43 - Jan 30 by aleanddale

A fair appraisal for sure..

I really do hope that this isn't The beginning of the end so to speak.

You should visit here more often R11 you are more than welcome.

3.1 million ( shakes head )

One last one - seriously will all this be worth it? What I mean is what's wrong with competing at Lg2 lg1 even if yo yo between the two divisions.

Do you actually view Bury ( capital just for you ) as a championship club rather than your actual status for 20 years?

I am fascinated by the giggle soap opera though - it beats corrie hands down!!

Just wouldn't want to be part of it.

Cheers and good questions.

It certainly doesnt feel like MY club anymore but having said that i am slightly jealous of the likes of Wigan and Bournemouth and Brentford...so i dont see any harm in aiming as high as possible.

What they are trying to do is turn Bury FC into a business that doesnt operate for just 23 days a year. And they should be applauded for that...believe it or not they have done some good stuff. I would suggest our Commercial Dept could teach yours a thing or 2 for starters. But it does seem a bit hair brained and madcap at times...!

I dont see us as a Championship Club at all and even if we got there no way could we compete with the likes of Derby, Leeds, Sheff Wed, Wolves and Co...so i see it just as a pipe dream tbh. Aim for the moon and all that nonsense!

Anyway, if it all goes tits up....AFC Bury will be playing Stockport County soon! Which has got to be better than playing Accrington Stanley!!!

Financial musings on 18:27 - Jan 30 with 3094 viewsColDale

Financial musings on 18:06 - Jan 30 by R11BFC

Cheers and good questions.

It certainly doesnt feel like MY club anymore but having said that i am slightly jealous of the likes of Wigan and Bournemouth and Brentford...so i dont see any harm in aiming as high as possible.

What they are trying to do is turn Bury FC into a business that doesnt operate for just 23 days a year. And they should be applauded for that...believe it or not they have done some good stuff. I would suggest our Commercial Dept could teach yours a thing or 2 for starters. But it does seem a bit hair brained and madcap at times...!

I dont see us as a Championship Club at all and even if we got there no way could we compete with the likes of Derby, Leeds, Sheff Wed, Wolves and Co...so i see it just as a pipe dream tbh. Aim for the moon and all that nonsense!

Anyway, if it all goes tits up....AFC Bury will be playing Stockport County soon! Which has got to be better than playing Accrington Stanley!!!

One thing which has always puzzled me is why is the intent to remain at Gigg Lane? With all these plans for hotels and stuff, would it not be easier to start from scratch with a purpose built arena at Pilsworth, with as many add ons like hotels as they like? I believe Shrewsbury made a massive difference to their turnover by changing their ground to one used seven days a week, but that was done with the new stadium and would not have been able to done had they transformed an existing stadium.

I still can't fathom him out whether its naive or part of some wicked masterplan. With the money involved, he surely can't be trusted to just deal with millions of pounds of other people's money on some sort of pipe dream.

Agree with BDMC who hit the nail on the head. There's so many holes in both the hotel and music festival story, but it succeeded in the £1.6 million loss (more than a year's wage bill for us as mentioned last night) not being the main talking point from last night. The £35 a ticket that I saw mentioned on the Bury board is ridiculous (unless I got that wrong) when you couldn't see any of the bands individually for that price. You'd struggle to see New Order for less than £50.
Financial musings on 19:07 - Jan 30 with 3016 viewsR11BFC

Financial musings on 18:27 - Jan 30 by ColDale

One thing which has always puzzled me is why is the intent to remain at Gigg Lane? With all these plans for hotels and stuff, would it not be easier to start from scratch with a purpose built arena at Pilsworth, with as many add ons like hotels as they like? I believe Shrewsbury made a massive difference to their turnover by changing their ground to one used seven days a week, but that was done with the new stadium and would not have been able to done had they transformed an existing stadium.

I still can't fathom him out whether its naive or part of some wicked masterplan. With the money involved, he surely can't be trusted to just deal with millions of pounds of other people's money on some sort of pipe dream.

Agree with BDMC who hit the nail on the head. There's so many holes in both the hotel and music festival story, but it succeeded in the £1.6 million loss (more than a year's wage bill for us as mentioned last night) not being the main talking point from last night. The £35 a ticket that I saw mentioned on the Bury board is ridiculous (unless I got that wrong) when you couldn't see any of the bands individually for that price. You'd struggle to see New Order for less than £50.

They've always said they wanted to stay at Gigg but my personal opinion is that in an ideal world they would like to move away (me too tbh) for the very reasons you suggest.

Think i'm right in saying though that Shrewsbury's old ground was on prime land and they got a large wad of money for it, whereas...well - let's just say Gigg isnt!

So the simple question is would it be financially viable? Which i doubt it would be. Not that it's financially viable at the moment anyway!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024