Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Financial musings 07:21 - Jan 30 with 5436 viewsRAFCBLUE

So, bury announced last night that they made a £1.6m LOSS for the 2013-14 season.

Elsewhere mentioned that the "Loan" account is currently £3.1m! The means that 2014-15 season has cost bury £1.5m so far, with 3 months of the season still to go.

Plans for a concert and hotel apartments announced but subject to planning permission. Absolutely no update on the number of car parking spaces sold!

I really fear for them now and it makes you realise how lucky we are to have people here who stick to our broad club principles of not investing speculatively and living within our means.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Financial musings on 19:14 - Jan 30 with 1064 viewsDomDale

Gay meadow was surely not prime land. It was next to a river & flooded every other season wasn't it?
Haven't got a clue what's there now but surely a big risk for development...

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Financial musings on 19:18 - Jan 30 with 1054 viewsmacro

Financial musings on 19:14 - Jan 30 by DomDale

Gay meadow was surely not prime land. It was next to a river & flooded every other season wasn't it?
Haven't got a clue what's there now but surely a big risk for development...

Housing is there now
Financial musings on 11:46 - Jan 31 with 829 viewsaleanddale

Financial musings on 19:07 - Jan 30 by R11BFC

They've always said they wanted to stay at Gigg but my personal opinion is that in an ideal world they would like to move away (me too tbh) for the very reasons you suggest.

Think i'm right in saying though that Shrewsbury's old ground was on prime land and they got a large wad of money for it, whereas...well - let's just say Gigg isnt!

So the simple question is would it be financially viable? Which i doubt it would be. Not that it's financially viable at the moment anyway!

Your earlier post summed it up for me R11 the gamble is with your club. A lot will feel the same way.

It's the connection I feel with Dale that keeps me returning week in week out year after year. Regardless of which division we are in.

tbh ( truly honest ) I would take the connection and conference north over the club selling its soul to be a cash cow for anybody.

Concrete out of town bowl with a frankie and bennies? For me it just wouldn't be the same although I could be odd and in a very small minority!!
[Post edited 31 Jan 2015 12:34]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024