Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anybody think. 10:54 - Jan 30 with 3763 viewselectricblue

Anybody think or in the know that Hill may add to the squad before the loan window closes.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Anybody think. on 11:02 - Jan 30 with 3733 viewsaleanddale

If anything a centre half.

Exciting weekend for sure.
Anybody think. on 11:08 - Jan 30 with 3717 viewsleedsdale

Anybody think. on 11:02 - Jan 30 by aleanddale

If anything a centre half.

Exciting weekend for sure.

Beech's interview on Daleplayer hints at some possible movement in and out, but nothing concrete
Anybody think. on 12:08 - Jan 30 with 3594 viewsisitme

I would have thought that we need centre half, at least to provide cover if not actually challenge for a starting berth.

Doesn't the short term loan window open a week or so after the transfer window shuts anyway?
[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 12:08]
Anybody think. on 13:32 - Jan 30 with 3417 viewsbuckbyname

Anybody think. on 12:08 - Jan 30 by isitme

I would have thought that we need centre half, at least to provide cover if not actually challenge for a starting berth.

Doesn't the short term loan window open a week or so after the transfer window shuts anyway?
[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 12:08]

What's the point of drafting in a centre half (or any other player) who is content to provide cover. We need someone to push the others for a place.
Thank goodness Keith Hill is the manager and doesn't employ people to accumulate splinters in their backsides
Anybody think. on 13:36 - Jan 30 with 3401 viewsChaffRAFC

Personally I'd like us to sign a centre back who is good enough to dislodge Lancashire, someone like O'Connell and I'd like us to sign a natural striker still, a goal getter who knows how to be in the right place at the right time.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Anybody think. on 14:17 - Jan 30 with 3324 viewsbuckbyname

Anybody think. on 13:36 - Jan 30 by ChaffRAFC

Personally I'd like us to sign a centre back who is good enough to dislodge Lancashire, someone like O'Connell and I'd like us to sign a natural striker still, a goal getter who knows how to be in the right place at the right time.

Amen to that
Anybody think. on 16:14 - Jan 30 with 3160 viewsBrierls

Same.

A centre back is an absolute must. I'd like the striker to be somebody who can hold the ball up, that doesn't necessarily mean a big man, just someone who is clever and can control the ball!
Anybody think. on 16:41 - Jan 30 with 3097 viewsRosun

Anybody think. on 16:14 - Jan 30 by Brierls

Same.

A centre back is an absolute must. I'd like the striker to be somebody who can hold the ball up, that doesn't necessarily mean a big man, just someone who is clever and can control the ball!

I've heard of this guy called Andrew Calvin or summat like that.
Maybe he can do a job for us.
Login to get fewer ads

Anybody think. on 17:26 - Jan 30 with 2986 viewsisitme

Anybody think. on 13:32 - Jan 30 by buckbyname

What's the point of drafting in a centre half (or any other player) who is content to provide cover. We need someone to push the others for a place.
Thank goodness Keith Hill is the manager and doesn't employ people to accumulate splinters in their backsides

Whoever doesn't start a game is providing cover and is therefore according to you 'accumulating splinters' in their backsides. Hilly is therefore employing lots of people who are doing exactly this and what does that make the players who he employs who do not even make the bench. Squads need competition and different options.

I think you have missed the point of my earlier post. Bringing in a player who would instantly start in the centre of defense would be fantastic, especially if they are of the calibre of O'Connell but how likely is that to happen? At the moment we do not have another centre back in the squad, apart from Bennett who is playing really well in the holding midfield player role. I would be loathed to move him from there, therefore we need another centre back. Unless there are significantly better than Eastham or Lancashire then they probably would have to accumulate a few splinters until they earned their place in the starting line up.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 17:28]
Anybody think. on 17:50 - Jan 30 with 2939 viewsColDale

Given the options of Done, Hendo, Brandy, Andrew, Muldoon, Bunney and the youth team strikers, I can't for the life of me see us bringing in another striker.

I expect us to sign another central defender. My only concern is that Hill holds out too long for JOC and misses out. The loan window opens a week after the transfer window closes, so there might not be the panic to have things sorted by Monday.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Bastien head out on loan. He's down the pecking order now that Camps has come through, and three months playing week in, week out might do him the world of good. Wouldn't be disappointed if he went to GlastonBury as part of his development (still think he's got a part to play at Spotland).
Anybody think. on 18:03 - Jan 30 with 2895 viewsColDale

Anybody think. on 17:50 - Jan 30 by ColDale

Given the options of Done, Hendo, Brandy, Andrew, Muldoon, Bunney and the youth team strikers, I can't for the life of me see us bringing in another striker.

I expect us to sign another central defender. My only concern is that Hill holds out too long for JOC and misses out. The loan window opens a week after the transfer window closes, so there might not be the panic to have things sorted by Monday.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Bastien head out on loan. He's down the pecking order now that Camps has come through, and three months playing week in, week out might do him the world of good. Wouldn't be disappointed if he went to GlastonBury as part of his development (still think he's got a part to play at Spotland).

Whispers of Muldoon heading to Halifax on loan
Anybody think. on 18:08 - Jan 30 with 2883 viewsmacro

Muldoon, mc ginty probably the most likely to go out I'd imagine. Bunney, Hery next
Anybody think. on 18:15 - Jan 30 with 2853 viewsrochdale1987

Highly rated central defender Reece Brown has bee
Released by Barnsley today, I think Hill will be looking very closely at this. Think he would fit the bill if we can't get O'Connell
Anybody think. on 19:01 - Jan 30 with 2783 viewsbornosdale

Muldoon to Halifax now more than a whisper
Anybody think. on 19:25 - Jan 30 with 2718 viewsrichfoad32

Anybody think. on 18:15 - Jan 30 by rochdale1987

Highly rated central defender Reece Brown has bee
Released by Barnsley today, I think Hill will be looking very closely at this. Think he would fit the bill if we can't get O'Connell

Highly rated by whom exactly? Looks like he's spent most of his career bouncing from team to team on short term and loan deals. Not saying he wouldn't be worth a look but the fact that he's been unable to stick anywhere and has just been released by Barnsley doesn't really say a lot for his potential.
Anybody think. on 21:34 - Jan 30 with 2479 viewsdingdangblue

The O'Connell situation is a bit baffling, Hill talks of him as being part of the 'Dale Family'. He got us promoted last season then comes back for the 1st half of this season and does really well again - then he goes back to Blackburn and in no time he's gone from playing week in week out in a competitive League one side which is developing his game to not playing again? There's no way Blackburn are going to loan him to another Championship team so the highest level he can play at on loan is either us, another league one team or Scottish Prem? I presume the lad wants to play football so I cant see him being happy at the moment? Hopefully Hilly is on the case again.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Anybody think. on 22:05 - Jan 30 with 2418 viewstazzydjr

Anybody think. on 21:34 - Jan 30 by dingdangblue

The O'Connell situation is a bit baffling, Hill talks of him as being part of the 'Dale Family'. He got us promoted last season then comes back for the 1st half of this season and does really well again - then he goes back to Blackburn and in no time he's gone from playing week in week out in a competitive League one side which is developing his game to not playing again? There's no way Blackburn are going to loan him to another Championship team so the highest level he can play at on loan is either us, another league one team or Scottish Prem? I presume the lad wants to play football so I cant see him being happy at the moment? Hopefully Hilly is on the case again.

Let's hope Gary Bowyer play's ball

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Anybody think. on 15:43 - Jan 31 with 2144 viewsinthenet

I would love to see a goalkeeper in , Lillis is just not good enough for Lg 1

Rastrickblue

Anybody think. on 15:50 - Jan 31 with 2103 viewsnordenblue

Anybody think. on 15:43 - Jan 31 by inthenet

I would love to see a goalkeeper in , Lillis is just not good enough for Lg 1

Couldn't agree more, doesn't command his box in the slightest and we look weak defensively as a result
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024