Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dale Trust Race Night! HORSES AVAILABLE UPDATED AGAIN! 09:38 - Jan 31 with 7188 viewsDale_Trust

We held one some years ago and it was a great night, so, we're doing it again!

Main sponsors - RAFC PLAYERS!

7.30pm
Friday 27th March 2015
Spotland Social Club
Tickets £2

Full details on the website -

http://daletrust.com/news/?p=2046

You can buy tickets from -

Club shop
Club office
Spotland Social Club
Trust Desk (match days back of the Dale Bar)

For further further info email us - mailbox@daletrust.com

See race sponsors and to buy a horse pop over here - http://daletrust.com/news/?p=2114

Signed players shirt auction details here - http://daletrust.com/news/?p=2122
[Post edited 16 Mar 2015 20:28]
Dale Trust Race Night on 08:11 - Feb 2 with 5413 viewsDale_Trust

We'll also be holding our annual Exiles day on the following Saturday, so if you're staying over for the Exiles Day get in touch for tickets.

mailbox@daletrust.com

Exiles Day info - http://daletrust.com/news/?p=2058
Dale Trust Race Night on 08:26 - Feb 2 with 5398 views100notout

Spotland Social Club?

Surprised its not being held in the Ratcliffe Arms

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Dale Trust Race Night on 10:07 - Feb 2 with 5355 viewsTommoRAFC

Dale Trust Race Night on 08:26 - Feb 2 by 100notout

Spotland Social Club?

Surprised its not being held in the Ratcliffe Arms

Strange choice of venue, surely the more business for the Ratcliffe the better?

Unless the Ratcliffe is unavailable said night,

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

Dale Trust Race Night on 10:15 - Feb 2 with 5342 views_dezzy

Or Studds , its got a big screen etc, Or our trust admitting our facilities are not good enough.

KHBA

Dale Trust Race Night on 13:18 - Feb 2 with 5293 viewsDale_Trust

We're not holding it at The Ratcliffe because the minimum cost was too dear, we didn't enquire about Studds.

Dale Trust Race Night on 13:30 - Feb 2 with 5280 views100notout

Dale Trust Race Night on 13:18 - Feb 2 by Dale_Trust

We're not holding it at The Ratcliffe because the minimum cost was too dear, we didn't enquire about Studds.

Hang on lets get this right.

Are you saying that the club were charging the Trust for use of the Ratcliffe? When all monies raised would go to the benefit of the club? When the club would also make money on money taken over the bar?

If thats true it beggars belief!!!!

Don't know the Spotland Social club and it may well be popular for some dale fans pre-match but I suspect having it there would put off a few people from going.

edit this is not having a go at the Trust board by the way who do an excellent job but it annoys me that yet again the club seem to be hindering the Trust rather than supporting it. So short sighted.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2015 13:33]

Dale Trust Race Night on 13:33 - Feb 2 with 5270 viewsbennersdale

Dale Trust Race Night on 10:15 - Feb 2 by _dezzy

Or Studds , its got a big screen etc, Or our trust admitting our facilities are not good enough.

Big screen doesn't work, apparently the projector blew up after someone bought the wrong bulbs for it

Hasta el valle abajo de la cerveza

Dale Trust Race Night on 13:35 - Feb 2 with 5263 viewsbennersdale

Dale Trust Race Night on 13:30 - Feb 2 by 100notout

Are you saying that the club were charging the Trust for use of the Ratcliffe? When all monies raised would go to the benefit of the club? When the club would also make money on money taken over the bar?

Don't know the Spotland Social club and it may well be popular for some dale fans pre-match but I suspect having it there would put off a few people from going.

edit this is not having a go at the Trust board by the way who do an excellent job but it annoys me that yet again the club seem to be hindering the Trust rather than supporting it. So short sighted.

Very busy place pre and post match with Dale fans these days, might be something to do with the beer being a lot cheaper than ratcliffes/dale bar.

Login to get fewer ads

Dale Trust Race Night on 13:37 - Feb 2 with 5255 viewspaulscho

Yep about 80p a pint cheaper ,full Sky sports and BT sports ,no brainer really and a great atmosphere !!!

livinginadalewonderland

Dale Trust Race Night on 13:46 - Feb 2 with 5227 viewsbennersdale

Dale Trust Race Night on 13:37 - Feb 2 by paulscho

Yep about 80p a pint cheaper ,full Sky sports and BT sports ,no brainer really and a great atmosphere !!!

The football club should be asking questions as to why so many customers have stopped using the ratcliffes/dale bar. I'm not sure what tie in the brewery have them in especially the price they buy the beer off them but surely reducing prices would get more in.

Dale Trust Race Night on 14:27 - Feb 2 with 5202 viewsTommoRAFC

Very sorry to hear that, you think they'd welcome business on a week night and offer a discount to the Trust considering everything they've done for the football club.

Is the Dale Bar really doing that well it can price itself out of a race night?

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

Dale Trust Race Night on 14:41 - Feb 2 with 5190 viewstazzydjr

Dale Trust Race Night on 13:30 - Feb 2 by 100notout

SSC is one of the best places to drink Pre-Match/Post-Match it's certainly cheaper than other places with probably the exception of the Regal Moon plus it'll gives a chance for non-regular Daley's to try out the place on Race Night. I personally don't think change of venue will "put off a few people from going" don't knock it till you've tried it
[Post edited 2 Feb 2015 14:41]

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Dale Trust Race Night on 14:46 - Feb 2 with 5178 views100notout

Dale Trust Race Night on 14:41 - Feb 2 by tazzydjr

SSC is one of the best places to drink Pre-Match/Post-Match it's certainly cheaper than other places with probably the exception of the Regal Moon plus it'll gives a chance for non-regular Daley's to try out the place on Race Night. I personally don't think change of venue will "put off a few people from going" don't knock it till you've tried it
[Post edited 2 Feb 2015 14:41]

You've spectacularly missed the point there Taz

Dale Trust Race Night on 12:02 - Feb 7 with 5043 viewsDale_Bar

This post has been drawn to our attention from one of our regular match day customers. Just to confirm, The Ratcliffe Bars and Function Suites was not approached about this night and no requests were made. We, as part of Rochdale A.F.C would have been happy to accommodate at no room hire charge. Just to let all fans know we are all in this together and feel happy to help in whichever way we can for the benefit of Rochdale A.F.C.
Dale Trust Race Night on 12:11 - Feb 7 with 5029 views442Dale

This is a bit confusing, who gave the Trust details about costs? Their communication to supporters enquiries about why it's being held elsewhere was excellent, so presumably they made this decision based on info provided to them.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Dale Trust Race Night on 12:41 - Feb 7 with 5011 viewsTalkingSutty

Dale Trust Race Night on 12:11 - Feb 7 by 442Dale

This is a bit confusing, who gave the Trust details about costs? Their communication to supporters enquiries about why it's being held elsewhere was excellent, so presumably they made this decision based on info provided to them.

Agree, somebody is not telling the truth it appears. What a bizzare situation,the Supporters Trust holding a fund raiser and not being able to utilise the clubs bars, the steward at SSC must be rubbing his hands.

Regarding the Race Night,does anybody know if monies raised are to benefit the Football Club or for donating to a Charity?
[Post edited 7 Feb 2015 12:42]
Dale Trust Race Night on 19:49 - Feb 7 with 4898 viewsDaleblueranger

From experience as a former.Trust board member... under my tenure trust events had historically been very poorly attended on club premises rather than external venues... so you've got go with what the public wants, otherwise you end up hosting an event making a loss & infront of one man and his pint! I can confirm we previously hosted a trust race night at Midland Beer Co., which had raised more than double what was raised at a similar event we hosted in Studds Bar. Also let's not forget the highly popular Curry On Up the Dale events, which of course weren't hosted on club premises.

Trust in them!
[Post edited 7 Feb 2015 20:00]
Dale Trust Race Night on 01:50 - Feb 8 with 4818 viewsTVOS1907

Dale Trust Race Night on 19:49 - Feb 7 by Daleblueranger

From experience as a former.Trust board member... under my tenure trust events had historically been very poorly attended on club premises rather than external venues... so you've got go with what the public wants, otherwise you end up hosting an event making a loss & infront of one man and his pint! I can confirm we previously hosted a trust race night at Midland Beer Co., which had raised more than double what was raised at a similar event we hosted in Studds Bar. Also let's not forget the highly popular Curry On Up the Dale events, which of course weren't hosted on club premises.

Trust in them!
[Post edited 7 Feb 2015 20:00]

But that doesn't address the contradiction in the preceding posts about whether Dale Bar did or did not want to charge the Trust for hosting the event.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Dale Trust Race Night on 08:22 - Feb 8 with 4789 viewsColDale

Dale Trust Race Night on 01:50 - Feb 8 by TVOS1907

But that doesn't address the contradiction in the preceding posts about whether Dale Bar did or did not want to charge the Trust for hosting the event.

When I was in the Trust lastSummer, a meeting was held with me, the Trust Chairman and one Dale director (and later joined by another) who informed us that the Trust would be charged for use of the Dale bar for any events. The fee carried a % cash back of the bar takings (tho this would categorically not apply to the end of season do) but overall it in effect priced us out from using the club's bars. It was the same meeting where it was agreed to move the Trust desk from the Ratcliffe side to the Dale Bar.
Dale Trust Race Night on 11:10 - Feb 8 with 4734 viewsaleanddale

Dale Trust Race Night on 13:37 - Feb 2 by paulscho

Decent well kept ale too... Copper dragon golden pippen on most weeks.
Dale Trust Race Night on 11:12 - Feb 8 with 4728 viewsaleanddale

Dale Trust Race Night on 12:02 - Feb 7 by Dale_Bar

This post has been drawn to our attention from one of our regular match day customers. Just to confirm, The Ratcliffe Bars and Function Suites was not approached about this night and no requests were made. We, as part of Rochdale A.F.C would have been happy to accommodate at no room hire charge. Just to let all fans know we are all in this together and feel happy to help in whichever way we can for the benefit of Rochdale A.F.C.

Great to hear and free of charge room hire.

Hopeful this can be sorted amicably.
Dale Trust Race Night on 08:10 - Feb 10 with 4581 viewsisitme

Dale Trust Race Night on 12:41 - Feb 7 by TalkingSutty

Agree, somebody is not telling the truth it appears. What a bizzare situation,the Supporters Trust holding a fund raiser and not being able to utilise the clubs bars, the steward at SSC must be rubbing his hands.

Regarding the Race Night,does anybody know if monies raised are to benefit the Football Club or for donating to a Charity?
[Post edited 7 Feb 2015 12:42]

As this seems to have not received a reply I thought I would bump it.

What will the money raised be going towards? General Trust funds? A specific focus such as renovating Studds? A certain charity or towards arbitration so that someone's ego can get massaged at other people's significant expense?

It should be a really good night and thanks to the Trust for organising it, although I for one would like not know where the money raised is going to before I commit to buying horses etc.
Dale Trust Race Night on 10:49 - Mar 12 with 4375 viewsDale_Trust

With the Cheltenham Festival in full swing it’s time to buy your horses for the Trust’s Race Night on March 27th!

Its £3 a horse and the winning owner receives £20! With only eight horses in a race you’ve every chance.

We’ll be selling horses at the Trust desk at the next home game (Sat 21st March) so you’ll need to get in quick to get the horse of your choice. However, if you’re desperate to secure your horse you can email mailbox@daletrust.com with your selections and we’ll let you know if they are taken, you can then pay for your horse at the Trust Desk on Sat 21st, any horse not paid for before the game (on the 21st) will go on sale again.

Full breakdown of details, selections and our excellent Race Sponsors are here -

http://daletrust.com/news/?p=2114

Any questions please email us mailbox@daletrust.com
[Post edited 12 Mar 2015 10:52]
Dale Trust Race Night on 12:03 - Mar 12 with 4320 views100notout

Dale Trust Race Night on 08:10 - Feb 10 by isitme

As this seems to have not received a reply I thought I would bump it.

What will the money raised be going towards? General Trust funds? A specific focus such as renovating Studds? A certain charity or towards arbitration so that someone's ego can get massaged at other people's significant expense?

It should be a really good night and thanks to the Trust for organising it, although I for one would like not know where the money raised is going to before I commit to buying horses etc.

Have you had a response to this isitme?

Dale Trust Race Night on 18:53 - Mar 12 with 4239 viewsisitme

Dale Trust Race Night on 12:03 - Mar 12 by 100notout

Have you had a response to this isitme?

I have yes and my concerns were addressed by the Trust Chairman. It was good of him to answer my questions in such depth.

I am attending the Race Night and would encourage others to. The last one was a great night and it is helping to raise money for the club we all love.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024