Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not back, but a review 18:53 - Jan 31 with 3585 views442Dale

Good point, maybe could have been three after a second half we mainly dominated. Too many silly errors and choices of pass led to them leading at the break, Vincenti involved in both their goals with poor passes. Also, as their second illustrated, sometimes a tackle is required rather than trying to nick the ball away to keep possession.

Rafferty had loads of room first half and did next to nowt with it. O'Brien was meant to be on the left for them but drifted inside and the Dale no.2 didn't capitalise on his extra space enough. That said he did play his part in the goal with a lay off to Camps after a great move, would like to see a replay to look at how long we kept the ball before Camps' excellent finish.

Moving Henderson to RB was a master stroke by Hill and after a first half when he was pretty anonymous, he became an out-ball with real threat. Allen and especially Dawson played well too, and we were keeping the ball much better (though has to be said Camps didn't cover himself in glory on that front).

Not sure what more people want from a target man off the bench than Andrew right now. He's no COG, nobody should expect him to be, but he produced another performance today where he offered an outlet throughout his time on the pitch. He did it at Bradford for a short period of time and again today for an hour, both times scoring crucial goals to win points.

Don't usually do marks, but will.

Lillis 7
Rafferty 5
Tanser 6
Eastham 7
Lancashire 6
Bennett 6
Dawson 8
Allen 7
Henderson 7
Camps 6
Vincenti 6

Andrew 7, RNL 7 - forgot to mention him, there's a player there if he becomes confident. His shots are as accurate as any other Dale player you could mention, good corners too
Rose wasn't on long, but did ok.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2015 18:59]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Not back, but a review on 19:09 - Jan 31 with 3494 viewsTommoRAFC

Dawson MOM, hope he's offered a contract soon. Lillis superb keeping us in the game despite daft individual errors. Allen was his usual self, don't think he's had a bad game in a Dale shirt. And Andrew looked the part today, a nightmare for their defenders, he's winning me over.

Lillis 8
Rafferty 6
Eastham 8
Lancashire 6
Tanser 6
Bennett 6
Dawson 9
Allen 8
Henderson 7
Vincenti 6
Camps 6

Andrew 8
RNL 7
Rose 6
[Post edited 31 Jan 2015 21:13]

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

Not back, but a review on 19:33 - Jan 31 with 3392 viewsArthurDaley

Camps after a great move, would like to see a replay to look at how long we kept the ball before Camps' excellent finish.

19 passes according to Sky.

Great placement by Camps for his goal. and another one for the dark destroyer.
He's going to be prolific before the end of the season.

A large VAT Dave

Not back, but a review on 19:36 - Jan 31 with 3358 viewsolympicdale

Any theories to why Vincenti has been off his game recently, perhaps the after effects of the viral infection he picked up.

Life is a game of fate.

Not back, but a review on 19:37 - Jan 31 with 3347 viewsnordenblue

Not back, but a review on 19:33 - Jan 31 by ArthurDaley

Camps after a great move, would like to see a replay to look at how long we kept the ball before Camps' excellent finish.

19 passes according to Sky.

Great placement by Camps for his goal. and another one for the dark destroyer.
He's going to be prolific before the end of the season.

Andrews strike rate per minute must be quite decent for us, he certainly offers something we dont currently have in the squad when he puts a shift in.
Not back, but a review on 19:40 - Jan 31 with 3326 viewsYorkshire_Dale

The tactical 46th min substitution of Joe Rafferty explained ......thanks
Not back, but a review on 20:13 - Jan 31 with 3165 viewsD_Alien

Agree with pretty much all of the above.

Hendo was forced to think about what he was doing instead of just drifting about, and it helped him become much more effective when on the ball. Just a pity he tried a chip when running through instead of putting his foot through the ball.

Thought Calvin Andrew's contribution was first rate and he's rapidly becoming a fan's favourite - who'd a thowt it!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Not back, but a review on 20:27 - Jan 31 with 3075 viewsRAFCBLUE

Not back, but a review on 20:13 - Jan 31 by D_Alien

Agree with pretty much all of the above.

Hendo was forced to think about what he was doing instead of just drifting about, and it helped him become much more effective when on the ball. Just a pity he tried a chip when running through instead of putting his foot through the ball.

Thought Calvin Andrew's contribution was first rate and he's rapidly becoming a fan's favourite - who'd a thowt it!

Quote next to me Alien when he tried that chip was that he spends too long reading the comments on here and tried to answer that with a worldy!

Tactical masterstroke by Hill to put Hendo at RB; did the job and the tactical foul at the end where he picked up a yellow was excellent if somewhat cynical professionalism.

Hope it comes good for Hendo soon; quality defintely there. He needs a little bit of luck and he'll soon be motoring again.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Not back, but a review on 20:53 - Jan 31 with 2957 viewsfitzochris

We're lucky to have a player of Hendo's quality at our club. Form is temporary but class is permanent and all that.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

Not back, but a review on 21:12 - Jan 31 with 2875 viewsSaxonDale

Agree with the OP, a very reasonable summary. We looked a much better team following Bennett's substitution as Camps upfront wasn't really working. Allen is the best midfielder I can remember seeing at the club and if he's fit he has to play. Dawson drove the team on and pressurised the oppostition well in Done's absence. Andrew was superb, best target man performance I've seen in a Dale shirt since we sold COG.
Not back, but a review on 21:20 - Jan 31 with 2831 viewsmikehunt

Dawson was livid at PV after he gave the ball away so cheaply for their second. PV was visibly rattled by what he had done. Great to see such a reaction from the players and how much they obviously care.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Not back, but a review on 22:05 - Jan 31 with 2699 viewsDelboy

Not back, but a review on 19:36 - Jan 31 by olympicdale

Any theories to why Vincenti has been off his game recently, perhaps the after effects of the viral infection he picked up.

I don't think Vincenti has fully recovered from the injury he sustained some weeks ago.
A couple of times in games recently he has winced in pain as if he still has a problem with his knee. If so, it shows how important KH must consider him to be to play him not 100 % fit. The problem is for Vincenti if he is struggling and mistakes do occur and confidence is affected it wont do him any good in the long term.
I hope I'm wrong and its just a blip in form.
Not back, but a review on 22:13 - Jan 31 with 2637 viewsYouTubeDale

Camps hit the ball hard and bent it inside the post. That will look good tonight on the FLS.

I did like the look of Hendo at right back. He looked the part when racing forward. He receives the ball very well, beats his man and his end product nearly came off. He also likes to run into the box expecting a well-timed threaded ball from Dawson. Again, nearly executed well more than once.
Allen is there to get us out of defence, turns and, voila, space is suddenly opened up. His passing out to players out wide is superb.
And Andrew...he's enjoying it more every time he plays. He gives the opposition more to think about. He placed the ball well with his head into the net. Then wins vital corners using his skill.
Lazarus takes a mean corner looking like we will score from it every time, his shots on goal are fierce, and when he collects the ball he goes direct. A very exciting player to watch.

Unlucky not to get all three points today because we shot ourselves in the foot. Oh, and the ref bottled it !

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Not back, but a review on 23:55 - Jan 31 with 2431 viewsRosun

It was nice to see Hilly mix it up. It's just a shame we don't get the same substitutions at Spotland. It always seems to be like for like.
Not back, but a review on 01:43 - Feb 1 with 2309 viewsWhiteyBFC

Good to hear, regards Reuben.

He should be a starter in your side, just as he should in ours. It's up to him though...

That's the key.
Not back, but a review on 10:43 - Feb 1 with 1992 viewsregjenkins

Are we not running short of defenders now? I noticed the bench hadn't got many in the line up yesterday? hence the makeshift move of Hendo to the back 4. Interesting to note that Sheff United made 10 changes to their team yesterday from their cup game. that's some gulf in squad size between our club and theirs. Not that it shows very much in the league table but the seasons don't get any shorter. Still a decent result yesterday on another mediocre pitch. U.T.D

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Not back, but a review on 11:30 - Feb 1 with 1928 views442Dale

Not back, but a review on 10:43 - Feb 1 by regjenkins

Are we not running short of defenders now? I noticed the bench hadn't got many in the line up yesterday? hence the makeshift move of Hendo to the back 4. Interesting to note that Sheff United made 10 changes to their team yesterday from their cup game. that's some gulf in squad size between our club and theirs. Not that it shows very much in the league table but the seasons don't get any shorter. Still a decent result yesterday on another mediocre pitch. U.T.D

Agree about being a bit short defensively, think we'll see movement on that front this week. However, the choice to play Henderson at RB in the second half would probably have happened anyway. It was the right decision tactically.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Not back, but a review on 15:15 - Feb 1 with 1741 viewstazzydjr

We need to steel their loanee who scored on us yesterday surely a cheeky bid would secure his services at the fortress

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Not back, but a review on 21:24 - Feb 1 with 1531 viewsfermin

I suppose that game was a good example of the truism that you are really only have to overcome the players on the opposite side not their club's history and ground size etc. I am trying to remember the home game and I think they were better in that game than they were yesterday. They are quite poor and it must be a bit dispiriting for their fans.

The first half was a pretty poor spectacle only raised by the quality of the Camps goal. Their goals were both down to poor defending by us though the second was nice finish. The second was a lot better and dominated by us though they did have a couple of good chances. A good tactical switch by Hill at half time.

As for the ground I am glad I do not have to go there for home games. My first thought as I came up out of the stairs and saw the vast swathes of empty seats with the home fans scattered around seemingly randomly was how cold and desolate it was (and I am not referring to the weather). The out of town location does not help either. It is a ground that definitely needs to have a much larger crowd in it to make it tolerable, but with 7500 in it it was pretty grim. Perhaps this just reflects my own preference for smaller, more intimate grounds. I found the Coventry fans singing 'Is this your Wembley?' rather amusing. Well, yes a game in largely empty stadium a long way from the pitch was a bit like Wembley. Neither were great watching experiences in my opinion, but Wembley was at least an occasion.
Not back, but a review on 22:33 - Feb 1 with 1449 viewsR17ALE

Not back, but a review on 21:24 - Feb 1 by fermin

I suppose that game was a good example of the truism that you are really only have to overcome the players on the opposite side not their club's history and ground size etc. I am trying to remember the home game and I think they were better in that game than they were yesterday. They are quite poor and it must be a bit dispiriting for their fans.

The first half was a pretty poor spectacle only raised by the quality of the Camps goal. Their goals were both down to poor defending by us though the second was nice finish. The second was a lot better and dominated by us though they did have a couple of good chances. A good tactical switch by Hill at half time.

As for the ground I am glad I do not have to go there for home games. My first thought as I came up out of the stairs and saw the vast swathes of empty seats with the home fans scattered around seemingly randomly was how cold and desolate it was (and I am not referring to the weather). The out of town location does not help either. It is a ground that definitely needs to have a much larger crowd in it to make it tolerable, but with 7500 in it it was pretty grim. Perhaps this just reflects my own preference for smaller, more intimate grounds. I found the Coventry fans singing 'Is this your Wembley?' rather amusing. Well, yes a game in largely empty stadium a long way from the pitch was a bit like Wembley. Neither were great watching experiences in my opinion, but Wembley was at least an occasion.

You're right about the "vast swathes".

I also noticed how many Cov fans were sitting on their own, yards from anyone. Perhaps they are smelly fans, I don't know.

In a sanguine moment, I commented to the chap next to me that if Lowry had painted a football picture, it would be akin to the view we had of the home stands.

Dark figures dotted randomly amongst a swathe of sky blue seats. Made Salford look like Las Vegas!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Not back, but a review on 22:40 - Feb 1 with 1427 viewsnordenblue

Not back, but a review on 22:33 - Feb 1 by R17ALE

You're right about the "vast swathes".

I also noticed how many Cov fans were sitting on their own, yards from anyone. Perhaps they are smelly fans, I don't know.

In a sanguine moment, I commented to the chap next to me that if Lowry had painted a football picture, it would be akin to the view we had of the home stands.

Dark figures dotted randomly amongst a swathe of sky blue seats. Made Salford look like Las Vegas!

Woah Razz whats wrong with Salford!! admittedly i see the Lowry link
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024