Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England World Cup thread 13:14 - Feb 14 with 10116 viewsTommoRAFC

Well, I never expected a lot, but that was an awful performance today.

Positives:
Finn's 5 for.
Taylor should have had a century, robbed by shit umpiring, not that it effected the result.
Bell and Woakes did ok.
Warner didn't get to hurt us much.

Negatives:
Awful bowling on the whole, Finn's stats are flattered by his hattrick when the damage was done, not one of the bowlers had a decent average today.
Easy catches put down.
Top order was dire, started slow, and once Bell fell it crumbled without a trace, to be honest the Convicts could have had us all out for 150 if they wanted to.
Pedestrian Convict balls didn't get the treatment they should have been by us.
Morgan managed to get his 4th duck in 7 innings!

With New Zealand on Friday and probably 2 defeats in 2, we'll have our work cut out getting to the quarters, especially if anyone else manages a shock... So much for the team heading in a different direction after the dropping of Cook, we're a laughing stock again!

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

England World Cup thread on 13:47 - Feb 14 with 4744 viewsdingdangblue

Dropping a bloke on 0 who goes on to make 135 is not a good idea.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

England World Cup thread on 02:08 - Feb 20 with 4615 viewsTalkingSutty

England World Cup thread on 13:47 - Feb 14 by dingdangblue

Dropping a bloke on 0 who goes on to make 135 is not a good idea.

We really are crap,some terrible batting from England.
England World Cup thread on 04:27 - Feb 20 with 4592 viewsdownunder

England World Cup thread on 02:08 - Feb 20 by TalkingSutty

We really are crap,some terrible batting from England.

Quite enjoying it actually.
Bowling beamers to get wickets now.
England World Cup thread on 04:36 - Feb 20 with 4588 viewsDiddyDave

Men against boys, my god, what a pathetic bunch England really are, but I guess McCullum would`ve taken most sides to the cleaners batting like that. Southee certainly had the little man on his shoulder, but if that`s the best line up England can put on the park, the game really is in dire straits over there.
England World Cup thread on 08:03 - Feb 20 with 4521 viewsaleanddale

Men against boys.

Broad looks shot as a batsmen - backing away to medium pace there are better CLL batsmen ( I know he is a bowler first and foremost but he is in the side as an all rounder ).

to only bat for 33 overs is pathetic.

New Zealand knocked em off in 12 overs... the whole side needs a rocket!!

Scotland looks a very tough game now!!!!
[Post edited 20 Feb 2015 8:19]
England World Cup thread on 09:15 - Feb 20 with 4460 viewsChaffRAFC

Utter garbage

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

England World Cup thread on 09:23 - Feb 20 with 4452 viewsNigeriamark

Quite worried about the Scotland game now
England World Cup thread on 09:41 - Feb 20 with 4439 viewswimborne_dale

England should have selected me. Right arm seam and swing.

Edgar Allan's Crow

Login to get fewer ads

England World Cup thread on 10:32 - Feb 20 with 4381 viewsDaley_Lama

England World Cup thread on 09:41 - Feb 20 by wimborne_dale

England should have selected me. Right arm seam and swing.

We are terrible

We would be slighly less terrible with Hales and KP in the team but still not very good.

Everybody should have realised that Stuart Broad is rubbish at ODI (and 20-20, who the heck thought making him captain was a good idea?) when he decided his only hope of getting wickets was by sticking his tongue out in his bowling stride.

Poll: DF in or out

England World Cup thread on 10:54 - Feb 20 with 4363 viewsColDale

I'd take a poor one day team if it meant a decent test team. There's that many one day games these days, it's hard to keep track or put any value on a result when they play seventeen game tri series.

Obv Morgan's recent form doesn't help this theory, but I'd have encouraged as many as possible to have gone out and played big bash cricket in the run up to the WC to get them used to the conditions. I have no doubt that they'd have been strengthened by the likes of Stokes who seems to suit the conditions down under. When they Aussies tour over here, they always seem to have players who have played country cricket and an understanding of our conditions. Our boys never seem to have that same advantage down there.
England World Cup thread on 11:12 - Feb 20 with 4349 viewsDaley_Lama

Top run scorers in BB15

2nd Kevin Pieterson
5th Michael Carberry
6th Michael Lumb

England World Cup thread on 11:14 - Feb 20 with 4349 viewsflyerdale

England World Cup thread on 10:54 - Feb 20 by ColDale

I'd take a poor one day team if it meant a decent test team. There's that many one day games these days, it's hard to keep track or put any value on a result when they play seventeen game tri series.

Obv Morgan's recent form doesn't help this theory, but I'd have encouraged as many as possible to have gone out and played big bash cricket in the run up to the WC to get them used to the conditions. I have no doubt that they'd have been strengthened by the likes of Stokes who seems to suit the conditions down under. When they Aussies tour over here, they always seem to have players who have played country cricket and an understanding of our conditions. Our boys never seem to have that same advantage down there.

Our players don't get chance to go and play overseas though. Those on a central contract are playing nearly 12 months of the year these days, our counties only ever see their international English players a couple of times at the most a season. I dread lancs having players called up into the international set up as you are more than likely never going to see them much, Buttler will be an example of this and Anderson the proof. At the end of the day our central contracted players play too much international cricket.
England World Cup thread on 12:31 - Feb 20 with 4326 viewsNigeriamark

England World Cup thread on 10:54 - Feb 20 by ColDale

I agree that we have put test cricket first. However still no excuse for the state of our 1 day performances. We still have a bigger pool of players than most of the other teams. I went to the Ireland game in Bangalore 4 years ago but today was much worse even though NZ are higher ranked. The Ireland game was just an amazing 1 man performance after we had posted a reasonable score. Today we were humiliated in every department. Horrible performance, and poor management since we arrived

May actually be a benefit to lose to Scotland and get knocked out at the group stage because perhaps then we may finally have a full review, get rid of all the dead wood ( not make 1 person a scapegoat like KP) and put together a 4 year plan based on youth - we actually do have promising young players which makes the current shambles even worse.

However we will probably scrape through in 4th, get knocked out in the last 8 and management will claim we are on the right track !!
England World Cup thread on 15:51 - Feb 20 with 4271 viewspioneer

England World Cup thread on 12:31 - Feb 20 by Nigeriamark

I agree that we have put test cricket first. However still no excuse for the state of our 1 day performances. We still have a bigger pool of players than most of the other teams. I went to the Ireland game in Bangalore 4 years ago but today was much worse even though NZ are higher ranked. The Ireland game was just an amazing 1 man performance after we had posted a reasonable score. Today we were humiliated in every department. Horrible performance, and poor management since we arrived

May actually be a benefit to lose to Scotland and get knocked out at the group stage because perhaps then we may finally have a full review, get rid of all the dead wood ( not make 1 person a scapegoat like KP) and put together a 4 year plan based on youth - we actually do have promising young players which makes the current shambles even worse.

However we will probably scrape through in 4th, get knocked out in the last 8 and management will claim we are on the right track !!

Haven't we had 'a full review' every time we get embarrassed at world cup and test level?

What makes you think another one will make things different?

We went into the world cup as 'no-hopers' and we are not overachieving. Avoiding further embarrassment in the remaining games is the only challenge now.
England World Cup thread on 15:59 - Feb 20 with 4268 viewsChaffRAFC

Today was as bad as anything i've seen. New Zealand were outstanding don't get me wrong and I was expecting to get beat, convincingly as well but 123 all out on a decent wicket is a shambles. We've come to terms with our batting line up being sh!te but our bowlers are just as poor. I know the batsmen are giving them no chance or help but Anderson looked a shadow of his former self and didn't look interested at all. Finn is poor and got smashed all around the park, same with Broad who is in the side as an all-rounder but can't seem to do either.

It was like New Zealand were playing stick cricket.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

England World Cup thread on 16:02 - Feb 20 with 4264 viewsTommoRAFC

England World Cup thread on 15:51 - Feb 20 by pioneer

Haven't we had 'a full review' every time we get embarrassed at world cup and test level?

We went into the world cup as 'no-hopers' and we are not overachieving. Avoiding further embarrassment in the remaining games is the only challenge now.

There's a difference between there not being any hope and not being any fight. The latter is inexcusable.

Team fir Scotland in an ideal world would be:

Bell (c), Hales, Root, Stokes, Taylor, Ali, Buttler, Woakes, Tredwell, Jordan, Anderson.

2 games in and I already want us putting out of our misery... How the fook did we beat India in the tri series?

England World Cup thread on 16:10 - Feb 20 with 4258 viewspioneer

England World Cup thread on 16:02 - Feb 20 by TommoRAFC

There's a difference between there not being any hope and not being any fight. The latter is inexcusable.

Team fir Scotland in an ideal world would be:

Bell (c), Hales, Root, Stokes, Taylor, Ali, Buttler, Woakes, Tredwell, Jordan, Anderson.

2 games in and I already want us putting out of our misery... How the fook did we beat India in the tri series?

The tri series was a warm up - the world cup is the real thing.
England World Cup thread on 17:05 - Feb 20 with 4216 viewsDaley_Lama

The ECB is about as modern as Pagan rituals.

Appointing Downton, Giles, Cook (ODI Captain) and Broad (20/20 Captain) and the constant exclusion of players such as Hales sums up the state of position.

We haven't got a good test team by the way, we got whitewashed by an average Aus team not long ago.

England World Cup thread on 17:30 - Feb 20 with 4196 viewsNigeriamark

England World Cup thread on 15:51 - Feb 20 by pioneer

Yes but if we were to lose to Scotland it would really be a new low and I don't think it could be ignored. Even though we may have been expected to struggle in the first 2 games, the NZ performance was pathetic and we don't seem to have any sort of tactical plan, plan B etc. It really is poor

However you are probably right that if there was a review it would conclude that we have the best management ,forward plan etc and no need to change

We are lucky that the weaker minnows are in our group because I certainly wouldn't have fancied us against Ireland. However Bangladesh may still give us a run for 4th spot ( assuming we beat Scotland which is now a real pressure game with Sri Lanka to follow)
England World Cup thread on 19:38 - Feb 20 with 4135 viewsTommoRAFC

England World Cup thread on 17:05 - Feb 20 by Daley_Lama

The ECB is about as modern as Pagan rituals.

Appointing Downton, Giles, Cook (ODI Captain) and Broad (20/20 Captain) and the constant exclusion of players such as Hales sums up the state of position.

We haven't got a good test team by the way, we got whitewashed by an average Aus team not long ago.

Exactly, always jobs for the boys, we needed new ideas and a new direction, going back to Moores and dropping Cook were not the answer.

We need to see more of the likes of Collingwood in the coaching staffand less of the likes of Giles and Moores.

Saying that it will be interesting seeing how Lancashire get on with Giles this season.

England World Cup thread on 19:52 - Feb 20 with 4124 viewsTalkingSutty

England World Cup thread on 19:38 - Feb 20 by TommoRAFC

Exactly, always jobs for the boys, we needed new ideas and a new direction, going back to Moores and dropping Cook were not the answer.

We need to see more of the likes of Collingwood in the coaching staffand less of the likes of Giles and Moores.

Saying that it will be interesting seeing how Lancashire get on with Giles this season.

Giles is a drip and his whole demeanour is the complete contrast to that of the Australians,we need street fighters.

Say what you want about Warner but he has more character than the England team and management put together. We really are a bunch of pampered wusses!!
England World Cup thread on 21:31 - Feb 22 with 3999 viewsTommoRAFC

ECB tweeted no changes for the Scotland game.

England World Cup thread on 23:31 - Feb 22 with 3949 viewsFondles

I would fancy my chances against this bowling attack.
England World Cup thread on 23:59 - Feb 22 with 3923 viewsDaley_Lama

163-0 off 28.2 overs

Ali has just bashed a 6 to get to 100.

It will be interesting to see the final tally.

Anything less than 350 from this position would be shocking. Bumble is rightly going ape-pooh about the pedestrian batting that is going on from Bell.

England World Cup thread on 00:07 - Feb 23 with 3916 viewsFondles

England World Cup thread on 23:59 - Feb 22 by Daley_Lama

163-0 off 28.2 overs

Ali has just bashed a 6 to get to 100.

It will be interesting to see the final tally.

Anything less than 350 from this position would be shocking. Bumble is rightly going ape-pooh about the pedestrian batting that is going on from Bell.

Pleased to see him out.
Chemical Ali was carrying him
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024