Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Manager for Barnsley 10:15 - Feb 25 with 9836 viewsjav14

Never saw this coming.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31621401
New Manager for Barnsley on 10:30 - Feb 25 with 6106 viewstazzydjr

It'll be strange now if Biffo's put Dean Holden as caretaker manager up that neck of the woods

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

New Manager for Barnsley on 10:33 - Feb 25 with 6089 viewsfrenzied

His dad for the Oldham job?
New Manager for Barnsley on 10:38 - Feb 25 with 6062 viewsSuddenLad

New Manager for Barnsley on 10:33 - Feb 25 by frenzied

His dad for the Oldham job?

Danny Wilson for Boundary Park ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

New Manager for Barnsley on 10:58 - Feb 25 with 5994 viewsoa85

he was linked over a week ago so we all saw it coming, nailed on after the 'performance' we put in losing 3-0 at Orient on Saturday. I had a chuckle on here at some of the reactions on here when you sold Done, id be hipocrit not to laugh at our forum as well now, so many overreactions. He's done a very good job this season but we will take our 200k and move on, its not the first time we have had our staff poached by a bigger club and it wont be the last.
New Manager for Barnsley on 10:59 - Feb 25 with 5988 viewsoddjob007

All must not be well at Boundary Park...
New Manager for Barnsley on 11:37 - Feb 25 with 5918 viewsD_Alien

New Manager for Barnsley on 10:59 - Feb 25 by oddjob007

tbh he'd have been waiting for the first chance to jump ship since the Evans saga

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New Manager for Barnsley on 11:45 - Feb 25 with 5889 viewsnordenblue

New Manager for Barnsley on 11:37 - Feb 25 by D_Alien

tbh he'd have been waiting for the first chance to jump ship since the Evans saga

Does he not realise yet he's left the biggest fan base in Europe?
New Manager for Barnsley on 11:47 - Feb 25 with 5885 viewsParkinsGimp

OMG will he be able to cope with small crowds after being at such a massive club like the BIFFOS and their enormous away following every week. LOL
Login to get fewer ads

New Manager for Barnsley on 11:54 - Feb 25 with 5859 viewsSuddenLad

New Manager for Barnsley on 10:59 - Feb 25 by oddjob007

It's run by clowns. Lee Johnson is better off out of it. Any port in a storm !!

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

New Manager for Barnsley on 11:58 - Feb 25 with 5847 viewsColDale

Very odd move. Not really a step up for him. Can't see what he could achieve at Barnsley that he couldn't achieve at Oldham, unless there are behind the scenes things at Boundary Park that haven't come to light yet.
New Manager for Barnsley on 12:06 - Feb 25 with 5809 viewsupthedale89

have heard a strong rumour paul scholes and nicky butt to boundary park
New Manager for Barnsley on 12:15 - Feb 25 with 5776 viewsValleySaddler

New Manager for Barnsley on 11:58 - Feb 25 by ColDale

Very odd move. Not really a step up for him. Can't see what he could achieve at Barnsley that he couldn't achieve at Oldham, unless there are behind the scenes things at Boundary Park that haven't come to light yet.

On the face of it quite strange,
One theory that i read was that the Biffos owe Corney £4million.Corney was quite happy for Johnson to go because the considerable compensation will go towards his personal debt....
New Manager for Barnsley on 12:26 - Feb 25 with 5740 viewsaleanddale

New Manager for Barnsley on 12:06 - Feb 25 by upthedale89

i thought they had the Salford City " Project " ?
New Manager for Barnsley on 13:18 - Feb 25 with 5616 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

New Manager for Barnsley on 12:06 - Feb 25 by upthedale89

Whats the difference between a rumour and a strong rumour? How are each quantified?

Cheers,
New Manager for Barnsley on 14:46 - Feb 25 with 5489 viewsBiffo_Boy

New Manager for Barnsley on 12:15 - Feb 25 by ValleySaddler

On the face of it quite strange,
One theory that i read was that the Biffos owe Corney £4million.Corney was quite happy for Johnson to go because the considerable compensation will go towards his personal debt....

Corney not owed a penny.

He was part of a consortium of 3 that saved the club in 2004, the other two members of the consortium were the money men, Corney was instated as CEO to run the club day-to-day. When the other left they had spent £6M on the repurchase of Boundary Park from the council, and on various new stadium projects; they have said they will never call in the debt unless we reach the Premier League again, in other words, never!

I've noticed it's a common misconception on this forum that Oldham are in financial trouble, we are not, under Corney's tenure we have gone from losing £800K a year to in the last two seasons turning a small profit (£30K-ish). We are one fo the few debt free clubs in L1 (apart from the "debt" stated above owed to Blitz and Gazal the previous owners on reaching the PL).
New Manager for Barnsley on 10:43 - Feb 26 with 5306 viewsToffeemanc

New Manager for Barnsley on 12:26 - Feb 25 by aleanddale

i thought they had the Salford City " Project " ?

To be fair I think it's possible you could call Oldham a step up from Salford City, a small one admittedly but a step up none the less.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

New Manager for Barnsley on 10:52 - Feb 26 with 5282 viewsdownunder

New Manager for Barnsley on 14:46 - Feb 25 by Biffo_Boy

Corney not owed a penny.

He was part of a consortium of 3 that saved the club in 2004, the other two members of the consortium were the money men, Corney was instated as CEO to run the club day-to-day. When the other left they had spent £6M on the repurchase of Boundary Park from the council, and on various new stadium projects; they have said they will never call in the debt unless we reach the Premier League again, in other words, never!

I've noticed it's a common misconception on this forum that Oldham are in financial trouble, we are not, under Corney's tenure we have gone from losing £800K a year to in the last two seasons turning a small profit (£30K-ish). We are one fo the few debt free clubs in L1 (apart from the "debt" stated above owed to Blitz and Gazal the previous owners on reaching the PL).

Making a profit? Good. Perhaps you will pay that debt you owe to a welding company, not too far away from BP. The money is owed from when you WERE in the Premier League.
New Manager for Barnsley on 12:25 - Feb 26 with 5190 viewsFred_Talbot

New Manager for Barnsley on 14:46 - Feb 25 by Biffo_Boy

Corney not owed a penny.

How's your new stand coming on?

Where's Fred?

New Manager for Barnsley on 15:19 - Feb 26 with 5032 viewsnordenblue

New Manager for Barnsley on 12:25 - Feb 26 by Fred_Talbot

They've got too much money flying around to worry about finishing the great stand of oldham
New Manager for Barnsley on 16:09 - Feb 26 with 5000 viewsWhiteyBFC

New Manager for Barnsley on 11:58 - Feb 25 by ColDale

Give over.

Have a look at our stadium and Oldham's. Compare our state of the art academy and training complex with theirs. Look at our home gates and then look at theirs. Our wage/transfer budgets. Compare our squad of players with Oldham's. Have a look at what we've achieved in just the last 10 years, a nightmare 10 years, and then see what Oldham have done in that time.

Of course we're a step up from bloody Oldham.

It's why Johnson has made that step. Whether he succeeds I dunno. Our owner/board aren't exactly patient. But it's why Keith Hill took the job when he did. You look at all that I referred to above, and if you're a confident manager you'd fancy taking it on. Much harder to achieve in the second tier, as Keith's tenure proved. But in League One? Jesus. We're having one of the worst seasons in living memory, yet we're still just 4 points off the playoffs with Sam Winnall set to return at the weekend. I'm guessing LJ is as ambitious and confident as Keith was. I just hope his early interviews are a fair reflection of him, because unlike Keith, he seems level headed and less likely to offend folk every time he opens his gob.

No offence to em, but bloody Oldham? Can achieve what we can? I know their gates are double Rochdale's, but christ, we could fit all of them and all of you inside our latest home gate of 8,500 versus bloody Crewe.

Tinpot clubs all over the shop.

We're Barnsley, we're fcuking huge in this division and our stay in it will be short, a bit like LJ.

New Manager for Barnsley on 16:22 - Feb 26 with 4971 viewsWhiteyBFC

New Manager for Barnsley on 10:58 - Feb 25 by oa85

he was linked over a week ago so we all saw it coming, nailed on after the 'performance' we put in losing 3-0 at Orient on Saturday. I had a chuckle on here at some of the reactions on here when you sold Done, id be hipocrit not to laugh at our forum as well now, so many overreactions. He's done a very good job this season but we will take our 200k and move on, its not the first time we have had our staff poached by a bigger club and it wont be the last.

£75,000 apparently.

Basically, that's Dale Jennings' bill this year from Domino's.
New Manager for Barnsley on 17:11 - Feb 26 with 4905 viewsBiffo_Boy

New Manager for Barnsley on 10:52 - Feb 26 by downunder

Making a profit? Good. Perhaps you will pay that debt you owe to a welding company, not too far away from BP. The money is owed from when you WERE in the Premier League.

The old club was disolved in 2003, I know this as my family were shareholders of it. Oldham Athletic (2004) Ltd. only have debts to Simon Blitz and Danny Gazal.
New Manager for Barnsley on 17:14 - Feb 26 with 4894 viewsBiffo_Boy

New Manager for Barnsley on 12:25 - Feb 26 by Fred_Talbot

Fine thanks, the roof was put on last week and the rest of the cladding has arrived ready for installation. It's on target to be open for the start of next season.

Will your away end be able to fit us in by next season by the way?
New Manager for Barnsley on 17:19 - Feb 26 with 4879 viewstazzydjr

New Manager for Barnsley on 17:11 - Feb 26 by Biffo_Boy

The old club was disolved in 2003, I know this as my family were shareholders of it. Oldham Athletic (2004) Ltd. only have debts to Simon Blitz and Danny Gazal.

If they were wouldn't Oldham Athletic been moved down the league pyramid to Conference North? Very interesting this info because any other club were to do this like Hereford United/Darlington/Halifax Town/Boston United for example would of been expelled so in a way you lot have cheated has it even been declared with the FL? maybe they still think your trading under the old limited company

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

New Manager for Barnsley on 17:31 - Feb 26 with 4866 viewsTalkingSutty

New Manager for Barnsley on 16:09 - Feb 26 by WhiteyBFC

Give over.

Have a look at our stadium and Oldham's. Compare our state of the art academy and training complex with theirs. Look at our home gates and then look at theirs. Our wage/transfer budgets. Compare our squad of players with Oldham's. Have a look at what we've achieved in just the last 10 years, a nightmare 10 years, and then see what Oldham have done in that time.

Of course we're a step up from bloody Oldham.

It's why Johnson has made that step. Whether he succeeds I dunno. Our owner/board aren't exactly patient. But it's why Keith Hill took the job when he did. You look at all that I referred to above, and if you're a confident manager you'd fancy taking it on. Much harder to achieve in the second tier, as Keith's tenure proved. But in League One? Jesus. We're having one of the worst seasons in living memory, yet we're still just 4 points off the playoffs with Sam Winnall set to return at the weekend. I'm guessing LJ is as ambitious and confident as Keith was. I just hope his early interviews are a fair reflection of him, because unlike Keith, he seems level headed and less likely to offend folk every time he opens his gob.

No offence to em, but bloody Oldham? Can achieve what we can? I know their gates are double Rochdale's, but christ, we could fit all of them and all of you inside our latest home gate of 8,500 versus bloody Crewe.

Tinpot clubs all over the shop.

We're Barnsley, we're fcuking huge in this division and our stay in it will be short, a bit like LJ.

Well said Whitey, Oldham are a club in decline and they are similar to ourselves, they have bloody crap support. I haven't looked at the figures but I bet Latics are in the bottom 4 when it comes to home support in this league. Barnsley are a far bigger club, that's why LJ moved.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024