Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New keeper on loan 15:46 - Feb 26 with 15766 viewsRotherhamDale

Jamie Jones from Preston. On loan til the end of the season.

Possession with progression.

New keeper on loan on 20:54 - Feb 26 with 4728 viewsChaffRAFC

New keeper on loan on 20:30 - Feb 26 by Brierls

Good loan signing, I think. It sends out a message...if you perform poorly for a period of time, expect to be replaced, even if your position isn't under threat from the current squad.

Lillis is a decent keeper and has had some great games for us. I'm not a huge fan of his because his command of the six yard box is pathetic, but I think he's been good overall. Don't compare him to Logan, it's not fair. Logan can only be compared to Heaton and Banks as far as Dale (loan) keepers go.

Spot on!

Some are just never happy with any signing.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

New keeper on loan on 20:58 - Feb 26 with 4711 viewszxcvbnm

New keeper on loan on 19:59 - Feb 26 by olympicdale

Yes he did, and I hope Jones is just as good. I just think our resources would be better used to bring in a front man primarily,as the first option to strengthen ahead of any other postion right now.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2015 20:06]

BUT DEFENSIVELY WE ARE FRAIL - KEEP A CLEAN SHEET AND WE DON'T LOSE. You're not always correct you know

Poll: Best loanee keeper

New keeper on loan on 21:26 - Feb 26 with 4633 viewsdingdangblue

New keeper on loan on 15:50 - Feb 26 by SuddenLad

As long as he's not a Josh Lillis type keeper, that's fine.

Looking at the 1st goal he lets in against Rotherham I think you're going to be disappointed.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

New keeper on loan on 21:43 - Feb 26 with 4590 viewsShun

A lot of Preston fans are remarking on the fact that the game that effectively lost him his place at there was the 3-0 loss to us.
New keeper on loan on 11:24 - Feb 27 with 4372 viewsParkinsGimp

Cant say this signing looks good? If we are going for a third choice keeper , lets look at Championship or above, not someone slightly better than us!
Will KJH put him in and if he does poorly say "there you go Lillis is the best" . I really hope not.
Wheres the striker by the way? Unless hes playing this lad up front?
New keeper on loan on 11:50 - Feb 27 with 4317 viewsmacro

Hill says on line that jones plays tomorrow. Mind you he said bell would start v chesterfield
New keeper on loan on 12:54 - Feb 27 with 4245 viewspioneer

All part of the strategy to limit our expectations - based on what the preston thanks think, we shouldn't expect much of him. Mission achieved.
New keeper on loan on 13:35 - Feb 27 with 4174 viewsdingdangblue

New keeper on loan on 11:50 - Feb 27 by macro

Hill says on line that jones plays tomorrow. Mind you he said bell would start v chesterfield

He also says in the Observer that Lillis starts. Maybe he's giving them half each? Or playing next goal in?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Login to get fewer ads

New keeper on loan on 13:37 - Feb 27 with 4173 viewsTomRAFC

Lillisis capable of making phenomenal reaction saves and his distribution is the best I have seen from any keeper at dale.

He simply lacks the command and marshaling of the defence. When goals start slipping in he was always liable to become vulnerable especially after the sheer force of Logan.

Seems like Jones struggled early on at PNE but Hilly has evidently been keeping an eye on him.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

New keeper on loan on 13:50 - Feb 27 with 4148 viewsmidlandsdale

New keeper on loan on 11:24 - Feb 27 by ParkinsGimp

Cant say this signing looks good? If we are going for a third choice keeper , lets look at Championship or above, not someone slightly better than us!
Will KJH put him in and if he does poorly say "there you go Lillis is the best" . I really hope not.
Wheres the striker by the way? Unless hes playing this lad up front?

Hilly says today that he has come to play so expect him to start tomorrow. As we all know previous doesn't always mean a great deal so lets just see how it goes. Also he says he is trying to get a striker in but has failed so far.

Lets not forget, we are hardly going to attract the best available players out there. In both club stature and commercial terms we will be way way down the list of potential employers. Its not for the want of trying!
New keeper on loan on 13:52 - Feb 27 with 4135 viewsaleanddale

Welcome Jamie Jones.

Good luck in the remaining games of the season.

Also good luck to Josh I hope he comes back and fights tooth and nail to get the keepers starting jersey back.
New keeper on loan on 21:47 - Feb 27 with 4009 viewsnordenblue

New keeper on loan on 21:26 - Feb 26 by dingdangblue

Looking at the 1st goal he lets in against Rotherham I think you're going to be disappointed.

Is it true that Jones has only kept 1 less clean sheet this season at spotland than Lillis?
[Post edited 27 Feb 2015 21:51]
New keeper on loan on 22:02 - Feb 27 with 3982 viewsdingdangblue

New keeper on loan on 21:47 - Feb 27 by nordenblue

Is it true that Jones has only kept 1 less clean sheet this season at spotland than Lillis?
[Post edited 27 Feb 2015 21:51]

Just hope if he plays tomorrow and we get battered it doesn't affect him too much - Tuesday is a massive game.

[Post edited 27 Feb 2015 22:10]

New keeper on loan on 09:54 - Feb 28 with 3870 viewszxcvbnm

see p58 of the Sheff Utd TVOS - excellent pic of the new keeper by DySporting. Read the caption

Poll: Best loanee keeper

New keeper on loan on 11:05 - Feb 28 with 3831 viewsjokerthief

Best keeper Rochdale ever had was http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Hahnemann on loan from Fulham.
New keeper on loan on 11:11 - Feb 28 with 3697 viewsYouTubeDale

Preston fans are saying his ego is too big. That can work both ways. It can give confidence to the rest of the players or it could upset the dressing room. Hilly seems to stamp on negativity and so you would expect his ego to be chanelled in a positive way.

Did Logan have an ego, or was it a big personality? Looking from the outside he came across as a likeable personality who was self-critical. He played psychological games when facing penalties and commanded his area well. Lillis lacks that personality, but can Jones replicate the Logan psychic?

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

New keeper on loan on 11:15 - Feb 28 with 3683 viewsSuddenLad

New keeper on loan on 11:05 - Feb 28 by jokerthief

Best keeper Rochdale ever had was http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Hahnemann on loan from Fulham.

Not as good as Tom Heaton.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2015 11:16]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

New keeper on loan on 11:56 - Feb 28 with 3637 viewselectricblue

Expect Logan to be at the club in the summer based on Hills past comments after the injury....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

New keeper on loan on 12:14 - Feb 28 with 3616 viewsSalwaDale

New keeper on loan on 11:56 - Feb 28 by electricblue

Expect Logan to be at the club in the summer based on Hills past comments after the injury....

Think I agree with that too.

TBBT

New keeper on loan on 12:22 - Feb 28 with 3607 viewsSuddenLad

New keeper on loan on 11:56 - Feb 28 by electricblue

I would say that's a certainty to be honest. KH said that we hadn't seen the last of him when he returned to Leicester. Can only mean one thing, really.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

New keeper on loan on 13:17 - Feb 28 with 3549 viewsbatfink

New keeper on loan on 13:37 - Feb 27 by TomRAFC

Lillisis capable of making phenomenal reaction saves and his distribution is the best I have seen from any keeper at dale.

He simply lacks the command and marshaling of the defence. When goals start slipping in he was always liable to become vulnerable especially after the sheer force of Logan.

Seems like Jones struggled early on at PNE but Hilly has evidently been keeping an eye on him.

I'm sorry are you talking about the same josh Lillis? His distribution is almost always slow, losing us attacking opportunities,
sometimes appaling. He almost always kicks down the middle unless he miskicks, and his roll outs often put the defence under unneeded pressure
New keeper on loan on 15:24 - Feb 28 with 3463 viewsinthenet

Spot on.....
We neede a experienced keeper , is it really that difficult to loan !

Rastrickblue

New keeper on loan on 00:00 - Mar 1 with 3353 viewsTVOS1907

New keeper on loan on 15:24 - Feb 28 by inthenet

Spot on.....

Jones has played 204 career games. How much more experience do you want?
[Post edited 1 Mar 2015 14:08]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

New keeper on loan on 14:03 - Mar 1 with 3226 viewsFrog

New keeper on loan on 15:24 - Feb 28 by inthenet

Spot on.....

Experience doesn't automatically mean you're any good.
New keeper on loan on 14:37 - Mar 1 with 3197 views_dezzy

I thought he did ok yesterday, cant fault him for the goal.

KHBA

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024