Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Twelfth Man 12:12 - Mar 27 with 1596 viewsSuddenLad

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/nine-to-go-be-the-twelfth-man-2361530.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

The Twelfth Man on 17:56 - Mar 27 with 1454 views442Dale

The support by those who turn up, while not a cauldron of noise, has been pretty good all season. No reason for this to be any different for the rest of the season. Hill makes a good point about forgiving the players, as presumably he's recognised how the crowd have really bought into the environment and you don't see much concerted criticism at Spotland anymore... bar the odd person, but they will always do it.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The Twelfth Man on 18:26 - Mar 27 with 1406 viewstazzydjr

Hope my legacy in main stand is carried on tomorrow

UP THE DALE

TEAM ROCHDALE

KEITH HILL'S BARMY ARMY

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

The Twelfth Man on 08:26 - Mar 28 with 1158 viewsbatfink

No excuses for a low attendance today seeing as we got a mention during last nights England game lol
The Twelfth Man on 09:24 - Mar 28 with 1123 viewsChaffRAFC

I asked this on the club's facebook but got no response but given that there's no Premiership or Championship fixtures today, would it not have been worth putting together a promotion that allows season ticket holders at say Manchester United, Manchester City, Burnley, Bolton and Wigan, entrance for £5 if they show their ticket as proof?

Might have put a a few more on the gate while they've nowt to do and must not be too hard to organize.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

The Twelfth Man on 10:15 - Mar 28 with 1047 views442Dale

The Twelfth Man on 09:24 - Mar 28 by ChaffRAFC

I asked this on the club's facebook but got no response but given that there's no Premiership or Championship fixtures today, would it not have been worth putting together a promotion that allows season ticket holders at say Manchester United, Manchester City, Burnley, Bolton and Wigan, entrance for £5 if they show their ticket as proof?

Might have put a a few more on the gate while they've nowt to do and must not be too hard to organize.

This would have to be planned in advance and be part of a concerted campaign. Hopefully the change in personnel in the near future will see opportunities like this capitalised upon.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The Twelfth Man on 11:18 - Mar 28 with 971 viewsD_Dale

Might this idea cause the club, and others, to ask two questions: Would regular Dale supporters feel a bit miffed if non-regulars got in more cheaply than them? If Man U etc fans are so keen that they have season tickets, would they be likely to develop any loyalty to Dale?

I don't want to appear apathetic about building the fan base, and I guess all promotions have potential snags.
The Twelfth Man on 11:22 - Mar 28 with 965 viewsPorlicks

I can't really see a problem with allowing this for any premiership/championship season ticket holder. Every game. All season. Make Dale the #2 team for fans of the big clubs in the area.

I'm sure plenty of football fans in the area, who have spent a large lump of money on a season ticket for their club, would love a cheap local alternative when their club has a long trip / sold out match.

Who are YOU with?

The Twelfth Man on 12:13 - Mar 28 with 896 viewsTVOS1907

The Twelfth Man on 11:18 - Mar 28 by D_Dale

Might this idea cause the club, and others, to ask two questions: Would regular Dale supporters feel a bit miffed if non-regulars got in more cheaply than them? If Man U etc fans are so keen that they have season tickets, would they be likely to develop any loyalty to Dale?

I don't want to appear apathetic about building the fan base, and I guess all promotions have potential snags.

Those are fair points, but until ideas like Chaff's are tried, we'll never know.

I doubt many regular Dale fans would be miffed at this happening as a one-off, because it's to the club's benefit to boost the crowd.

Also, let's say a City or United season ticket holder comes for £5 and enjoys the game or experience. There may well be a possibility that they can't renew their season ticket for next season (cost, inconvenience of fixture changes/kick-off times, etc) and instead decide to come back to Dale.

I know for a fact there are regular fans at Spotland who have done this and although it's not going to suddenly persuade 1000 extra bodies to appear, any increase or new faces would show the scheme had been worth it.

We already do it in conjunction with bury and Oldham, so why not roll it out even further on weekends such as this one?
[Post edited 28 Mar 2015 12:18]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

The Twelfth Man on 12:46 - Mar 28 with 854 viewsChaffRAFC

The Twelfth Man on 12:13 - Mar 28 by TVOS1907

Those are fair points, but until ideas like Chaff's are tried, we'll never know.

I doubt many regular Dale fans would be miffed at this happening as a one-off, because it's to the club's benefit to boost the crowd.

Also, let's say a City or United season ticket holder comes for £5 and enjoys the game or experience. There may well be a possibility that they can't renew their season ticket for next season (cost, inconvenience of fixture changes/kick-off times, etc) and instead decide to come back to Dale.

I know for a fact there are regular fans at Spotland who have done this and although it's not going to suddenly persuade 1000 extra bodies to appear, any increase or new faces would show the scheme had been worth it.

We already do it in conjunction with bury and Oldham, so why not roll it out even further on weekends such as this one?
[Post edited 28 Mar 2015 12:18]

Exactly, to add to your point about maybe not renewing their United/City season tickets, pinpointing those two clubs specifically, how many times do either club play at 3pm on a Saturday? Not very often so an offer like this could allow them to adopt Dale as their second team and come down when their team is playing on a Sunday or a Monday.

Other clubs do this sort of deal all the time, what's the harm in trying it when we have a poorly forecasted attendance game like today where 2000 fans might just turn into 2200? However many more would turn up, it's money we weren't going to have originally. Stick the offer all over social media, facebook, twitter, the Official site and stick it on the Goldbond sheets which should realistically go to thousands of houses each week. This weeks sheet didn't even have an advert on it so we wouldn't have lost money if we'd printed it on this weeks sheet.

It's not like the international fixtures are planned a week before the event, the club have known there would be no Premiership or Championship games this week.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024