Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The pitch 15:20 - Mar 28 with 7397 views442Dale

What has happened? It's always drained so well recently, yet today it isn't.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The pitch on 15:21 - Mar 28 with 6127 viewsYorkshire_Dale

what about the JD
The pitch on 15:23 - Mar 28 with 6120 views442Dale

The pitch on 15:21 - Mar 28 by Yorkshire_Dale

what about the JD

Theirs had problems pre season, it was obvious it didn't drain. Ours never had an issue with rain.

The pitch on 15:48 - Mar 28 with 5999 viewswindowsbug

Pay peanuts....
The pitch on 16:00 - Mar 28 with 5932 viewsdeeplishblue

Surprised at the wet patches, same old area near in the corner of the sandy and the main stand. Looks like the drains need doing again.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

The pitch on 17:07 - Mar 28 with 5806 viewsRalphs12

Who is the groundsman now?
The pitch on 17:17 - Mar 28 with 5713 views442Dale

To be fair once the rain stopped it eventually drained. But that downpour from just before kick off created a lot of issues, not least their penalty.

The pitch on 17:20 - Mar 28 with 5688 viewsSaxonDale

In the first half it was an absolute embarrassment, particularly in the corner between The Sandy and Main Stand. Could have changed the outcome of the game, whatever the reason is for our pitch deteriorating recently, it needs addressing.
The pitch on 17:26 - Mar 28 with 5632 viewsdilleydaler

When you look at bury's pitch and the abandonment, looks like our pitch stood up reasonably well. Low temps mean grass isn't growing, which isn't helping. Roll on April!
Login to get fewer ads

The pitch on 17:35 - Mar 28 with 5571 viewsThran

The pitch on 17:20 - Mar 28 by SaxonDale

In the first half it was an absolute embarrassment, particularly in the corner between The Sandy and Main Stand. Could have changed the outcome of the game, whatever the reason is for our pitch deteriorating recently, it needs addressing.

If they had scored the penalty it would have changed the outcome of the game

Poll: Bigger drop, Wigan or Tranmere?

The pitch on 19:14 - Mar 28 with 5369 viewsRockerdale97

The pitch on 17:07 - Mar 28 by Ralphs12

Rob Bennett is the new groundsman.
The pitch on 19:18 - Mar 28 with 5341 viewsToffeemanc

The pitch on 17:07 - Mar 28 by Ralphs12

I think our groundsman changed around November time and to be honest the pitch looks like it has been steadily deteriorating ever since. There seems to be a lot more sand on it now than I can remember in any of the last 4 or 5 seasons. Apart from the Orient game the pitch hasn't really seen much bad weather this season so the current condition of it is a little worrying. I guess the frost in the pitch that caused the orient postponement seem to have caused long term damage.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

The pitch on 19:20 - Mar 28 with 5329 viewsD_Alien

The pitch on 19:18 - Mar 28 by Toffeemanc

I think our groundsman changed around November time and to be honest the pitch looks like it has been steadily deteriorating ever since. There seems to be a lot more sand on it now than I can remember in any of the last 4 or 5 seasons. Apart from the Orient game the pitch hasn't really seen much bad weather this season so the current condition of it is a little worrying. I guess the frost in the pitch that caused the orient postponement seem to have caused long term damage.

Or the treatment of the frost

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The pitch on 19:22 - Mar 28 with 5305 viewsKenBoon

Did you see the amount of rain that fell? The Motorway flooded too. Sometimes nature will just beat you. I'd say the pitch coped remarkably. The game could have been stopped - without complaint - between 3:15 and 3:45, but before and after that period it was playable, and by the end was absolutely fine. As for deterioration... I think it's called Winter.
The pitch on 19:23 - Mar 28 with 5289 viewsrich_dale

Am not that close to the inner dealings at the club but seems the pitch's deterioration is in some way related to Oli's departure? Others may have better insight
The pitch on 21:13 - Mar 28 with 5126 viewsShun

The pitch on 19:23 - Mar 28 by rich_dale

Am not that close to the inner dealings at the club but seems the pitch's deterioration is in some way related to Oli's departure? Others may have better insight

I thought it didn't work out for Oli in Arabia and he came back? Can't we just give him his job back? He was clearly good at it!
The pitch on 21:28 - Mar 28 with 5083 viewsD_Alien

The pitch on 21:13 - Mar 28 by Shun

I thought it didn't work out for Oli in Arabia and he came back? Can't we just give him his job back? He was clearly good at it!

I'll bet everyone involved at Dale (the current groundsman excepted) would welcome that. Oli too.

The pitch on 21:38 - Mar 28 with 5046 viewsflyerdale

The pitch on 21:28 - Mar 28 by D_Alien

I'll bet everyone involved at Dale (the current groundsman excepted) would welcome that. Oli too.

He has gone back to Qatar now was only back for a bit
The pitch on 21:39 - Mar 28 with 5038 viewsD_Alien

The pitch on 21:38 - Mar 28 by flyerdale

He has gone back to Qatar now was only back for a bit

Ah, fair enough. The info on here was he'd returned because it wasn't working out for him other there.

The pitch on 10:26 - Apr 3 with 4615 views442Dale

Rain forecast for most of the day and Hornets are playing Oldham, Vespa can let us know later on what the pitch is like at the end.

The pitch on 11:49 - Apr 3 with 4482 viewsmacro

The pitch on 10:26 - Apr 3 by 442Dale

Rain forecast for most of the day and Hornets are playing Oldham, Vespa can let us know later on what the pitch is like at the end.

Over rolled and too much sand I was told.
The pitch on 17:01 - Apr 3 with 4318 viewspcolly

Too much sand? In a fibresand pitch?

I'm guessing whoever told you that doesn't know much about turf science and pitch construction.
The pitch on 17:35 - Apr 3 with 4247 viewsVespa

The pitch on 17:01 - Apr 3 by pcolly

Too much sand? In a fibresand pitch?

I'm guessing whoever told you that doesn't know much about turf science and pitch construction.

If the truth is told though how many people bother going to night school to study "turf science and pitch construction" just for a bit of a hobby?

Pitch didn't look too bad to me (I've not been to night school either), grass looked a bit thin down the Main stand. No standing water but looked a bit slippy to be honest, though it did drizzle through out the game so to be expected.

Up the Dale, C'mon Hornets

The pitch on 17:38 - Apr 3 with 4235 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Sunday is meant to be sunny......San Spotty will be back to it's Bowling Green best by then.
The pitch on 18:21 - Apr 3 with 4131 viewspcolly

My point was I wouldn't take too seriously the opinion of someone who thought there was too much sand in a fibreand pitch. They clearly don't know/understand modern pitch constructions so probably aren't best placed to comment. It would be like asking me to comment on road construction (I haven't been to road construction night school you see)
The pitch on 18:26 - Apr 3 with 4113 views442Dale

Vespa noticed that the grass is thinner down the main stand side too, what's the reason for this?

Talking of pitches, how good was Preston's today? That one of the best I've ever seen at this stage of the season.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024