Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Up to 6th 17:00 - Mar 28 with 3151 viewsSuddenLad

In the play-offs. Great news.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Up to 6th on 17:05 - Mar 28 with 3125 viewsThran

With a game in hand!

The only downside is Bradford are two points behind us with a game in hand more than us

Poll: Bigger drop, Wigan or Tranmere?

Up to 6th on 17:22 - Mar 28 with 3002 viewsYouTubeDale

I thought we were fortuitous today and they coped better with the dreadful conditions. In the second half when the rain stopped we managed to play our game better. Good save by Jones for their penalty, and a point blank save shortly after.

Fortunate that it fell to Bennett to score in the scramble, and our second was even more fortunate in another scramble in their goal area.

Hayter scoring left the remainder of the match a bit nail biting.

But how did Hendo miss that chance a yard from goal and just a tap-in? It was harder to put it over than score. His class deserted him for once.

Glad we are pushing for the play-offs but you just feel we are missing the injured bodies from the Oldham game.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2015 17:24]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Up to 6th on 17:25 - Mar 28 with 2966 viewsdavidab2202

Up to 6th on 17:05 - Mar 28 by Thran

With a game in hand!

The only downside is Bradford are two points behind us with a game in hand more than us

Chesterfield at home--Tuesday
Up to 6th on 17:25 - Mar 28 with 2962 viewsSuddenLad

Up to 6th on 17:22 - Mar 28 by YouTubeDale

I thought we were fortuitous today and they coped better with the dreadful conditions. In the second half when the rain stopped we managed to play our game better. Good save by Jones for their penalty, and a point blank save shortly after.

Fortunate that it fell to Bennett to score in the scramble, and our second was even more fortunate in another scramble in their goal area.

Hayter scoring left the remainder of the match a bit nail biting.

But how did Hendo miss that chance a yard from goal and just a tap-in? It was harder to put it over than score. His class deserted him for once.

Glad we are pushing for the play-offs but you just feel we are missing the injured bodies from the Oldham game.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2015 17:24]

Of course we're missing them and we will do until they are fit, but it shows that we have strength in depth and we can manage.

3 more valuable points. I think we're safe now !!

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Up to 6th on 17:38 - Mar 28 with 2854 viewsD_Alien

The only thing that mattered today was grinding out the result against a big, physical outfit who were better suited to the first half conditions, and staying clear of further injuries. The Oldham game is now history and the club have shown everyone who doubted it that we mean to finish as high up the table as our squad allows us.

Jones couldn't have done much more to make amends for Tuesday than by saving the penalty then following that up with an even better save from the resulting corner. Good call by KH to keep him between the sticks - I for one admit I thought Lillis should start. If Yeovil had got the lead the game would've been very different. Second half on a drying pitch we showed that extra bit of class.

There's plenty of twists and turns to come, but wherever we finish this season no-one can doubt the ambition of the club or the ability in the young players gaining experience by the game. Of those on view today, only Camps looked a little off the pace whilst Tanser adapted well enough to playing further forward.

I'm inordinately pleased with the three points today!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Up to 6th on 17:42 - Mar 28 with 2819 viewsYouTubeDale

Unrestrained pleasure D Alien ?????
[Post edited 28 Mar 2015 17:43]

Up to 6th on 17:44 - Mar 28 with 2792 viewsD_Alien

Up to 6th on 17:42 - Mar 28 by YouTubeDale

Unrestrained pleasure D Alien ?????
[Post edited 28 Mar 2015 17:43]

D_Alien unchained

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Up to 6th on 17:47 - Mar 28 with 2757 views442Dale

Up to 6th on 17:38 - Mar 28 by D_Alien

The only thing that mattered today was grinding out the result against a big, physical outfit who were better suited to the first half conditions, and staying clear of further injuries. The Oldham game is now history and the club have shown everyone who doubted it that we mean to finish as high up the table as our squad allows us.

Jones couldn't have done much more to make amends for Tuesday than by saving the penalty then following that up with an even better save from the resulting corner. Good call by KH to keep him between the sticks - I for one admit I thought Lillis should start. If Yeovil had got the lead the game would've been very different. Second half on a drying pitch we showed that extra bit of class.

There's plenty of twists and turns to come, but wherever we finish this season no-one can doubt the ambition of the club or the ability in the young players gaining experience by the game. Of those on view today, only Camps looked a little off the pace whilst Tanser adapted well enough to playing further forward.

I'm inordinately pleased with the three points today!

Good review. Jones did well with Rose, O'Connell and Kennedy playing well too. Also thought Joe Bunney had a decent game.

Strange to see Camps appear from nowhere, and he barely featured. Yet to see what others do with him and Cannon is miles more advanced at first team level.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Up to 6th on 20:51 - Mar 28 with 2357 viewsDickydaler

Sorry, still not happy with Jones. Even though he made a couple of good saves today, he totally missed a punch in the first half which on another day could easily have curled in, and he nearly got caught out when he tried to dribble round their attacker. Although after saying that it was an improvement.
Do we know whether Preston are allowing him to play next week?
Whoever is in the net next week is going to have to play out of their skin.
Up to 6th on 20:54 - Mar 28 with 2331 viewsD_Dale

Incidentally, today's was the 12th game Dale played in February and March, of which 6 were won and 6 lost (goals for 18, against 16).

When, I wonder, was the last time Dale played 12 league games without a draw.
Up to 6th on 20:59 - Mar 28 with 2295 viewsoff2div1

Up to 6th on 17:47 - Mar 28 by 442Dale

Good review. Jones did well with Rose, O'Connell and Kennedy playing well too. Also thought Joe Bunney had a decent game.

Strange to see Camps appear from nowhere, and he barely featured. Yet to see what others do with him and Cannon is miles more advanced at first team level.

Bunney had a battle with that big thug of a CB Autherbig bollxxx was quite funny to watch.
Up to 6th on 00:58 - Mar 29 with 2165 viewsTVOS1907

Up to 6th on 20:51 - Mar 28 by Dickydaler

Sorry, still not happy with Jones. Even though he made a couple of good saves today, he totally missed a punch in the first half which on another day could easily have curled in, and he nearly got caught out when he tried to dribble round their attacker. Although after saying that it was an improvement.
Do we know whether Preston are allowing him to play next week?
Whoever is in the net next week is going to have to play out of their skin.

You may well be right, dicky, but historically Dale have a habit of unexpected results at Deepdale.

Apr 1987 - a 4-2 win in the 'Great Escape' season
Mar 96 - a 2-1 win after 12 winless matches
Jan 03 - a 2-1 win in the third round of the FA Cup
Nov 11 - a 1-0 win in the midst of awful league & FA Cup results under 'former Rochdale manager Steve Eyre'

Not wanting to tempt the Gods, mind...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Up to 6th on 08:48 - Mar 29 with 2061 viewsdingdangblue

Up to 6th on 00:58 - Mar 29 by TVOS1907

You may well be right, dicky, but historically Dale have a habit of unexpected results at Deepdale.

Apr 1987 - a 4-2 win in the 'Great Escape' season
Mar 96 - a 2-1 win after 12 winless matches
Jan 03 - a 2-1 win in the third round of the FA Cup
Nov 11 - a 1-0 win in the midst of awful league & FA Cup results under 'former Rochdale manager Steve Eyre'

Not wanting to tempt the Gods, mind...

Its a shame Bradford play Tuesday meaning we could lose 6th spot before we play again. The same thing happened after we beat Southampton 2-0 last time and Bournemouth played at lunchtime on the following Saturday before we played Brentford. We never regained the play off spot again that season.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Up to 6th on 13:17 - Mar 29 with 1792 viewsYouTubeDale

Up to 6th on 08:48 - Mar 29 by dingdangblue

Its a shame Bradford play Tuesday meaning we could lose 6th spot before we play again. The same thing happened after we beat Southampton 2-0 last time and Bournemouth played at lunchtime on the following Saturday before we played Brentford. We never regained the play off spot again that season.

Come on Chesterfield on Tuesday !!!

Saturday 4th April Barnsley v Sheff U... another big match.

Up to 6th on 13:29 - Mar 29 with 1758 viewsTVOS1907

Up to 6th on 20:54 - Mar 28 by D_Dale

Incidentally, today's was the 12th game Dale played in February and March, of which 6 were won and 6 lost (goals for 18, against 16).

When, I wonder, was the last time Dale played 12 league games without a draw.

Early last season.

After drawing 1-1 at Oxford on 30th August, our next league draw was at York on 30th November.

We played 13 league games in the meantime, as well as three cup ties.

Up to 6th on 13:37 - Mar 29 with 1737 viewsTVOS1907

Up to 6th on 08:48 - Mar 29 by dingdangblue

A draw at Valley Parade would be a great result for us.

Up to 6th on 14:00 - Mar 29 with 1694 viewsdingdangblue

Up to 6th on 13:17 - Mar 29 by YouTubeDale

Come on Chesterfield on Tuesday !!!

Saturday 4th April Barnsley v Sheff U... another big match.

Chesterfield are also on 54 points so as Tvos said - draw please!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Up to 6th on 14:06 - Mar 29 with 1677 viewsYouTubeDale

Up to 6th on 14:00 - Mar 29 by dingdangblue

Chesterfield are also on 54 points so as Tvos said - draw please!

I see what you are saying but I see Bradford as more of a threat than Chesterfield and wouldn't want Bradford to make the play-offs at all.

Up to 6th on 14:19 - Mar 29 with 1634 viewsTVOS1907

Up to 6th on 14:06 - Mar 29 by YouTubeDale

I see what you are saying but I see Bradford as more of a threat than Chesterfield and wouldn't want Bradford to make the play-offs at all.

Further to that, it's Doncaster v Bradford on Friday night.

Up to 6th on 14:27 - Mar 29 with 1618 viewsdingdangblue

Up to 6th on 14:19 - Mar 29 by TVOS1907

Further to that, it's Doncaster v Bradford on Friday night.

And further to that, Barnsley v Sheff Utd don't play till Saturday. Should we get a miracle at Preston, the pressure will be on Barnsley.

Up to 6th (n/t) on 14:41 - Mar 29 with 1566 viewsD_Dale

Up to 6th on 13:29 - Mar 29 by TVOS1907

Early last season.

After drawing 1-1 at Oxford on 30th August, our next league draw was at York on 30th November.

We played 13 league games in the meantime, as well as three cup ties.

Oh, as recently as that. Thanks for the info.

Looking forward to Friday. When Dale won 3-0 on Ist November (J. Jones in the visitor's goal) Preston's recent form was DWWWWWWW. Before today's fixture it was WWWDWWWD. To add an L to that would be close to a miracle.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2015 15:40]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024