Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
O'Connell 17:36 - Mar 28 with 9321 viewsleedsdale

Hill has just been on Radio Manc and has said that Jack has been recalled by Brentford.

Bugger!

O'Connell on 17:37 - Mar 28 with 7381 viewsSuddenLad

Didn't know they could. I thought it was 'until the end of the season'.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

O'Connell on 17:39 - Mar 28 with 7334 views442Dale

O'Connell on 17:37 - Mar 28 by SuddenLad

Didn't know they could. I thought it was 'until the end of the season'.

Posted this in the other thread:

http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/news/article/brentford-defender-jack-oconnell-rochd

They could recall him after the first 28 days.

With the possibility of this and with Eastham injured, did we try and get someone in in loan this week?
[Post edited 28 Mar 2015 17:40]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

O'Connell on 17:42 - Mar 28 with 7298 viewsColDale

It's a short term loan which allows recall. If it was a half season loan, it would have been needed to have been done in January. Looks like it was a three month deal which allows recalls after the first month
O'Connell on 19:19 - Mar 28 with 6882 viewsRockerdale97

It was a youth loan which expired today however there was an agreement in place to sign him on a 'adult' loan for the rest of the season which Brentford went against.
O'Connell on 19:27 - Mar 28 with 6798 views442Dale

O'Connell on 19:19 - Mar 28 by Rockerdale97

It was a youth loan which expired today however there was an agreement in place to sign him on a 'adult' loan for the rest of the season which Brentford went against.

As the story on Brentford's site illustrates, they could always recall him after the first 28 days whatever type of loan it was. Not sure we can be too aggrieved if they need their own player back.

The only strange thing is he was allowed to play today.

O'Connell on 19:35 - Mar 28 with 6751 viewsChaffRAFC

O'Connell on 19:19 - Mar 28 by Rockerdale97

He's a professional so can't be a youth loan can it?

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

O'Connell on 19:38 - Mar 28 with 6719 viewsRockerdale97

O'Connell on 19:35 - Mar 28 by ChaffRAFC

He's a professional so can't be a youth loan can it?

I think it goes off age. Just what I was told
O'Connell on 21:10 - Mar 28 with 6410 viewsChaffRAFC

O'Connell on 19:38 - Mar 28 by Rockerdale97

I think it goes off age. Just what I was told

Jack turns 21 tomorrow, youth loans only apply to players who haven't signed professional terms. You normally sign professional terms after your 17th Birthday or the summer after you do.

If Nyal Bell went out on loan, it would be a youth loan for example, if Callum Camps or Andy Cannon went on loan, it wouldn't.

Login to get fewer ads

O'Connell on 22:00 - Mar 28 with 6259 viewsRockerdale97

O'Connell on 21:10 - Mar 28 by ChaffRAFC

Jack turns 21 tomorrow, youth loans only apply to players who haven't signed professional terms. You normally sign professional terms after your 17th Birthday or the summer after you do.

If Nyal Bell went out on loan, it would be a youth loan for example, if Callum Camps or Andy Cannon went on loan, it wouldn't.

53.3.5 Only:
-(a) Scholars who are in the second or third (if that option is exercised) year of their Scholarship Agreement; or
-(b) Contract Players aged 20 or under on 1st July immediately preceding the Season in question,

may be registered on a Youth Loan.
O'Connell on 22:23 - Mar 28 with 6182 views442Dale

Whatever loan it was they did nowt wrong. We knew about the call-back option after the first month, so after Eastham's injury and the knowledge of such a clause it was up to us to decide if we wanted to get someone else in before the loan deadline.

That didn't happen so we have to make do with what we have. It's certainly nothing we can blame Brentford for.

O'Connell on 22:40 - Mar 28 with 6132 viewsNinco

I've never been a fan of the loan system to be honest. It gives clubs who are close to promotion or relegation the opportunity to cheat by loaning players from a higher division to ensure they get the points they need. I know it was designed to provide cover for injuries but surely that's why clubs have reserve and youth players. How are reserves meant to develop if every time a first team player gets injured, they bring in someone from another club rather than give a reserve or youth player a chance?
O'Connell on 02:05 - Mar 29 with 5979 viewsTVOS1907

O'Connell on 22:40 - Mar 28 by Ninco

I've never been a fan of the loan system to be honest. It gives clubs who are close to promotion or relegation the opportunity to cheat by loaning players from a higher division to ensure they get the points they need. I know it was designed to provide cover for injuries but surely that's why clubs have reserve and youth players. How are reserves meant to develop if every time a first team player gets injured, they bring in someone from another club rather than give a reserve or youth player a chance?

Not sure I agree with that, Ninco, as there are no guarantees with loan players.

For every O'Connell, there is Balkestein, Barnes-Homer, Cwyka, Dickins, Eccleston, Kean ....

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

O'Connell on 10:59 - Mar 29 with 5666 viewsBigDaveMyCock

O'Connell on 22:40 - Mar 28 by Ninco

How can you say that? It's provided this club a wonderful opportunity to sign players who we would never in a million years have attracted for financial and other status reasons. Conrad Logan and JOC this season to name but two. Also, it allowed us to have Craig Dawson for a little longer n'all.
The promise of game time allows for a trickle down of players at bigger/higher clubs to teams like Dale. Some work and some don't.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

O'Connell on 11:26 - Mar 29 with 5573 viewsChaffRAFC

O'Connell on 02:05 - Mar 29 by TVOS1907

Not sure I agree with that, Ninco, as there are no guarantees with loan players.

For every O'Connell, there is Balkestein, Barnes-Homer, Cwyka, Dickins, Eccleston, Kean ....

Incredibly harsh on Cywka mentioning him among those awful names.

O'Connell on 11:26 - Mar 29 with 5567 viewsdingdangblue

O'Connell on 22:23 - Mar 28 by 442Dale

Whatever loan it was they did nowt wrong. We knew about the call-back option after the first month, so after Eastham's injury and the knowledge of such a clause it was up to us to decide if we wanted to get someone else in before the loan deadline.

That didn't happen so we have to make do with what we have. It's certainly nothing we can blame Brentford for.

I don't think you can blame Hill for not wasting money on a loan just incase O'Connell was recalled , I'm pretty sure this recall came totally out if the blue and everyone expected O'Connell to finish these last 8 games for us. Hill will be miffed if Jack goes back and isn't playing for them - he mentioned it in the interview.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

O'Connell on 11:32 - Mar 29 with 5539 views442Dale

O'Connell on 11:26 - Mar 29 by dingdangblue

I don't think you can blame Hill for not wasting money on a loan just incase O'Connell was recalled , I'm pretty sure this recall came totally out if the blue and everyone expected O'Connell to finish these last 8 games for us. Hill will be miffed if Jack goes back and isn't playing for them - he mentioned it in the interview.

It isn't so much OConnell, but Eastham's injury. We could do with knowing what that is and how long he's out.

Plus I don't think it'd have been a waste of money, we've had random loans in for a month's cover before and seen them hardly make it off the bench. Look at Cywka, he was brought in for a position which we had plenty of players. We've been light at centre half all season, it could now be catching up with us after a situation which always could have happened has done so.

O'Connell on 11:34 - Mar 29 with 5534 viewsflyerdale

Is there any up and coming centre backs in the youth system that might be deemed ready? Those who watch the youth games shed any light?
O'Connell on 12:30 - Mar 29 with 5430 viewsdingdangblue

O'Connell on 11:32 - Mar 29 by 442Dale

It isn't so much OConnell, but Eastham's injury. We could do with knowing what that is and how long he's out.

Plus I don't think it'd have been a waste of money, we've had random loans in for a month's cover before and seen them hardly make it off the bench. Look at Cywka, he was brought in for a position which we had plenty of players. We've been light at centre half all season, it could now be catching up with us after a situation which always could have happened has done so.

I think Hill has mentioned that any money he spends for the rest of this season will affect his budget for next. Whether that's being negative because should we get promoted his budget will be hugely altered ? I'm sure had O'Connell been recalled last week he would have brought someone in. Catch 22 either way.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

O'Connell on 13:31 - Mar 29 with 5307 viewsTVOS1907

O'Connell on 11:26 - Mar 29 by ChaffRAFC

Incredibly harsh on Cywka mentioning him among those awful names.

I was trying to maintain the alphabetic list having put a B, D and E in there

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

O'Connell on 12:58 - Mar 30 with 4819 viewsDickydaler

O'Connell on 11:34 - Mar 29 by flyerdale

Is there any up and coming centre backs in the youth system that might be deemed ready? Those who watch the youth games shed any light?

I think any young player filling a first team centre back position would have to be exceptional. It is perhaps the most difficult position for a youth team player to be upgraded to. I reckon we already have first team squad players who could be drafted into that position.
O'Connell on 14:44 - Mar 30 with 4643 viewsdingdangblue

I hope we get the whole story about this tonight on the radio. Now I know Jack is Brentford's player - but for them knowing he is our 1st choice centre back, and the fact we are going for the playoffs - for them to recall him the day after/ or a couple of days after the final loan window closed - meaning we have no chance to replace him is a bit sly. I refuse to believe that Hill wouldn't have got someone in had he known this was on the cards. Like I said, hopefully we might learn a bit more later today.

O'Connell on 15:09 - Mar 30 with 4579 viewsD_Alien

O'Connell on 14:44 - Mar 30 by dingdangblue

I hope we get the whole story about this tonight on the radio. Now I know Jack is Brentford's player - but for them knowing he is our 1st choice centre back, and the fact we are going for the playoffs - for them to recall him the day after/ or a couple of days after the final loan window closed - meaning we have no chance to replace him is a bit sly. I refuse to believe that Hill wouldn't have got someone in had he known this was on the cards. Like I said, hopefully we might learn a bit more later today.

Payback time for forking out £750k for Scott Hogan - even though they should've conducted due diligence themselves on his fitness?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

O'Connell on 18:24 - Mar 30 with 4397 viewsflyerdale

O'Connell on 12:58 - Mar 30 by Dickydaler

I think any young player filling a first team centre back position would have to be exceptional. It is perhaps the most difficult position for a youth team player to be upgraded to. I reckon we already have first team squad players who could be drafted into that position.

My choice would be Bennett as he's played to a decent level there before, with Dawson covering the back four if we can get him back playing. If not try hery as defensive midfielder.
O'Connell on 18:49 - Mar 30 with 4341 viewsrochdale1

O'Connell on 18:24 - Mar 30 by flyerdale

My choice would be Bennett as he's played to a decent level there before, with Dawson covering the back four if we can get him back playing. If not try hery as defensive midfielder.

Sad to say I don't think Daws will be turning out for us again, unless we make playoffs which he might be back fit for.
O'Connell on 18:58 - Mar 30 with 4301 viewsflyerdale

O'Connell on 18:49 - Mar 30 by rochdale1

Sad to say I don't think Daws will be turning out for us again, unless we make playoffs which he might be back fit for.

Why were is he going in the summer? Do you knowledge that he's moving on?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024