Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Group of young Asians 18:45 - Mar 28 with 2164 viewsD_Alien

There was a group of about 20 asian children in the Pearl St, and they seemed to really enjoy it. Not sure if they were on a special trip but whatever the reason, it was great to see them there and having a positive experience.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Group of young Asians on 18:48 - Mar 28 with 2113 views442Dale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/teenagers-from-japan-to-attend-sats-ga

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Group of young Asians on 18:49 - Mar 28 with 2095 viewsD_Alien

Group of young Asians on 18:48 - Mar 28 by 442Dale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/teenagers-from-japan-to-attend-sats-ga

No, wasn't that lot

Local children of Pakistani heritage

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Group of young Asians on 19:00 - Mar 28 with 1992 viewsTVOS1907

Group of young Asians on 18:49 - Mar 28 by D_Alien

No, wasn't that lot

Local children of Pakistani heritage

Something to do with the 'Kick It Out' campaign.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Group of young Asians on 21:09 - Mar 28 with 1609 viewsShun

They were due to play a match at half time, as is usually the custom, but the weather scuppered those plans so they walked around the pitch instead.
Group of young Asians on 23:20 - Mar 28 with 1417 viewsNinco

I don't mean this in a racist way, but considering the percentage of Asians in the Rochdale area, we don't seem to get many at the match. I know most of them are brought up on cricket, but the fact that there was an Asian football team there today shows that it is being encouraged, so if they are from Rochdale, and they like football, where are they going to watch their football if they are not coming to Spotland? Isn't that a gap in the market that Football In The Community should be looking in to?
Group of young Asians on 23:53 - Mar 28 with 1366 viewsBrighouseDale

Group of young Asians on 23:20 - Mar 28 by Ninco

I don't mean this in a racist way, but considering the percentage of Asians in the Rochdale area, we don't seem to get many at the match. I know most of them are brought up on cricket, but the fact that there was an Asian football team there today shows that it is being encouraged, so if they are from Rochdale, and they like football, where are they going to watch their football if they are not coming to Spotland? Isn't that a gap in the market that Football In The Community should be looking in to?

Again, this isn't racist, yes a bit of a generalisation, but generalisations are generally true. Most Asian lads I know tend to support Liverpool / City / Utd. I'd imagine the reason for this is that historically, they've not felt welcomed or included at local clubs like ours, so tend to go for clubs they can watch on telly, or go to a match every year or two and not get noticed.

I'm confident that action could be taken to remedy this, the thing is that people are uncomfortable talking about race, but in all honesty it's nothing to worry about. What's wrong with sending a leaflet round all the local mosques saying that Rochdale AFC would like to welcome the Muslim community to Spotland? Come see a live game in 3D with smell-o-vision, support your local club and you'll be sure of a warm welcome.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024