Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Darned unlucky, Yeovil 19:30 - Mar 28 with 1659 viewsDaley_Lama

Can't see a match thread so I thought I would start one with a fair title.

Yeovil were much better than us in the first half, we failed to play to the conditions, couldn't pass it on the deck due to puddles, were simply totally dis-jointed.

No big target man, 4 players in, 4 players out, terrible conditions, splashy splashy and dare I say it, lots of stupid decisions.

The ball had already stuck in the water for a couple of back-passes but Cannon seriously sold Jones with the penalty one. The only grace that there was a covering defender, otherwise Jones would not have been there to save the Pen. After that he made what looked like a blinder of a save to keep it at 0-0.

We were getting over-powered and out-played up to half-time, only one team in it for me.

That's what happens when you are 24th, you get the pooh end of the stick. Our two goals reminded me of Dale's defending on Tue, their goal was a poor decision by JOC. After that we hung on with a couple of chances, but at no point today were we anything but average.

That's not a moan, lots of reasons why we were so and to get 3 points from that game has to be considered brilliant.

Unlucky Yeovil, when you are down, you are down and things never seem to go your way.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2015 19:31]

Poll: DF in or out

Darned unlucky, Yeovil on 19:40 - Mar 28 with 1592 viewsD_Dale

Well, can't feel very sympathetic towards Yeovil, given how they won at Spotland in their first-ever league match.

But thanks for your assessment. I wasn't there and officiallydale offered no opinion about whether Yeovil's penalty was justified. As both Camps and Tanser were subbed after just over the hour mark, was it the case that neither made the most of their recall?

KH tends not to change a winning team, but if he has to bring Lillis back and O'Connell has gone, I wonder if he'll also make one or two other changes for Preston.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2015 19:42]
Darned unlucky, Yeovil on 19:55 - Mar 28 with 1476 viewsDaley_Lama

Camps was average in CM, Tanser struggled RM.

Bringing Raff on and pushing Cannon to RM brought better balance to that side of the pitch. Bringing on RNL put Hendo behind Bunney and RNL out left.

The pen was a pen all day long, I was at the other end and there was another big shout for a penalty for them not long after which was turned down.

The ref made some baffling decisions all day but he got the major ones right I feel.

Poll: DF in or out

Darned unlucky, Yeovil on 20:07 - Mar 28 with 1389 views442Dale

Darned unlucky, Yeovil on 19:55 - Mar 28 by Daley_Lama

Camps was average in CM, Tanser struggled RM.

Bringing Raff on and pushing Cannon to RM brought better balance to that side of the pitch. Bringing on RNL put Hendo behind Bunney and RNL out left.

The pen was a pen all day long, I was at the other end and there was another big shout for a penalty for them not long after which was turned down.

The ref made some baffling decisions all day but he got the major ones right I feel.

Cannon has performed very well in three different roles, he's been one of the big plus points this season.

I didn't think Camps was average because he was so much on the periphery that he didn't really do much wrong. Still not sure what his position is.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Darned unlucky, Yeovil on 21:05 - Mar 28 with 1203 viewsTommoRAFC

Darned unlucky, Yeovil on 20:07 - Mar 28 by 442Dale

Cannon has performed very well in three different roles, he's been one of the big plus points this season.

I didn't think Camps was average because he was so much on the periphery that he didn't really do much wrong. Still not sure what his position is.

Not to be negative but... If Tanser is good enough to play right wing, then why wasn't he first choice over Lancashire on Tuesday?

Anyway, we got 3 points, Cannon impressed, Camps, Tanser and Bunney toiled and Jones atoned for his mare on Tuesday.

Jones 8
Cannon 7
Lancashire 6
O'Connell 7
Tk 6
Bennett 7
Rose 6
Bunney 6
Camps 6
Tanser 6
Henderson 7

Rnl 6
Rafferty 6

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

Darned unlucky, Yeovil on 21:25 - Mar 28 with 1154 viewsD_Alien

Darned unlucky, Yeovil on 20:07 - Mar 28 by 442Dale

Camps problem today was his touch, which let him down time after time. Surprised really, because before today he's looked like a compact midfielder with decent control in tight spaces. I don't blame the pitch either. He'll get over it though.

Got to agree to some extent with the OP. We were simply outplayed first half by a team much better suited to the conditions, and we really didn't help ourselves by trying to play as if the pitch were a training zone during the summer pre-season trip.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024