Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Exiles Day 20:30 - Mar 28 with 3059 viewshardale

I had a good time today at the Exiles day, thanks to the Dale trust for putting it on. It makes a difference when you travel a long way for a home game to meet other people in a similar situation. I only get up to dale for 2-3 matches per season so each time is a bit of an event, but the stadium tour and chat with KH though were a first for me, I'll definitely be back next time.
Exiles Day on 21:33 - Mar 28 with 2972 viewsD_Alien

Where did you travel from, hardale?

[Post edited 28 Mar 2015 21:34]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Exiles Day on 23:18 - Mar 28 with 2857 viewshardale

Exiles Day on 21:33 - Mar 28 by D_Alien

Where did you travel from, hardale?

[Post edited 28 Mar 2015 21:34]

Only from South Birmingham, I know others came further.
Exiles Day on 17:15 - Mar 29 with 2670 viewsSheffdale

I would endorse Hardale's comments. I live in Sheffield so manage to see the Dale six to ten times each season. I went last year to the Exiles game and this year my wife agreed to join me and will go again next year she's said with surprising alacrity! Nice to see a few familiar faces and as pointed out some travelled a fair distance. Cardiff via Colwyn Bay showed determination. Many thanks to Dave, Martin and the rest of the Trust for putting this event on.
Exiles Day on 19:53 - Mar 29 with 2569 viewsRogietDale

Totally agree. What a fantastic day it was yesterday. Many thanks to all those involved in the organising and all the nice people we spoke to yesterday. Up The Dale!
Exiles Day on 21:38 - Mar 29 with 2466 viewsBrighouseDale

How far away do you have to live to qualify for this? I go every week but it's nigh on 20 miles each way, when do I get to meet Keith Hill?!

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Exiles Day on 21:42 - Mar 29 with 2454 viewsBrighouseDale

Exiles Day on 21:38 - Mar 29 by BrighouseDale

How far away do you have to live to qualify for this? I go every week but it's nigh on 20 miles each way, when do I get to meet Keith Hill?!

Actually, just checked route planner and it's 24 miles each way, 48 mile round trip for home games, surely I win £5?

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Exiles Day on 06:25 - Mar 30 with 2327 viewsNigeriamark

I've misses the last 2 gut up to then had been every year and it is usually a well run event. Bit gutted to miss it this year as my schedule changed and I could have made it after all but had a non changeable flight ticket

How many came this year? If numbers get low could be worth trying to tie it in with the Norwegian supporters trip if they come every year
Exiles Day on 08:44 - Mar 30 with 2240 viewsSheffdale

I'd say there were about 40 exiles aged from 5 to 80. The boxes could take more of course.
Login to get fewer ads

Exiles Day on 16:06 - Mar 30 with 2087 viewsSuggers

8 to 88 actually. Lovely woman and possibly Dale's oldest supporter?
Exiles Day on 16:16 - Mar 30 with 2066 viewsDaleiLama

Exiles Day on 16:06 - Mar 30 by Suggers

8 to 88 actually. Lovely woman and possibly Dale's oldest supporter?

And no stranger to suffering either. Made up for folks like that who endured the barren years and now get to enjoy some success. Good on her.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Exiles Day on 11:01 - Mar 31 with 1900 viewssuffolkdale

The lovely lady will be thrilled to be described as such! She has attended all the Exiles games bar one when she broke her leg and ankle and was in hospital - a good excuse! She had a great day on Saturday and was thrilled to bits to win the Matty Done signed shirt in the Exiles raffle, and to see her beloved Dale win. I do not know about being the oldest supporter but she was certainly on the ground with my father for the match v Notts County in the 1949/50 season which is likely to remain as Rochdale's record home crowd.
The Watts family are now back in Suffolk and yes a big thank you from us four to those who organise the Exiles fixture. We really look forward to it and it makes a nice change from always supporting Dale from the away end at Orient, MK Dons, Peterborough, Coventry etc. On the way home we stayed at the Hilton on the St George's Park National Football Centre, an amazing place - how the football 'other half' live. Needless to say my mother was in her element!
Exiles Day on 11:09 - Mar 31 with 1879 viewsfitzochris

I've not made an Exiles' Day yet.

With a 440-mile round trip to attend a home game, I tend to choose my games based on other factors - opposition, availability of friends and family members when I'm back home etc etc.

I'll need to make a point of going to the one next season. Do you need to be a Trust member?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Exiles Day on 16:23 - Mar 31 with 1771 viewsDaleiLama

Exiles Day on 11:09 - Mar 31 by fitzochris

I've not made an Exiles' Day yet.

With a 440-mile round trip to attend a home game, I tend to choose my games based on other factors - opposition, availability of friends and family members when I'm back home etc etc.

I'll need to make a point of going to the one next season. Do you need to be a Trust member?

I think you can be a Trust member or an Exile member (maybe even both)?! I looked into it since both confer early entitlement to Cup tickets. Both had a nominal fee (about a tenner from memory), but not sure Trust members can go to Exile days. Check the official site - there's a section on there about it.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Exiles Day on 16:51 - Mar 31 with 1747 viewsfitzochris

Exiles Day on 16:23 - Mar 31 by DaleiLama

I think you can be a Trust member or an Exile member (maybe even both)?! I looked into it since both confer early entitlement to Cup tickets. Both had a nominal fee (about a tenner from memory), but not sure Trust members can go to Exile days. Check the official site - there's a section on there about it.

Cheers. Will do.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024