Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Imagine we went up 23:19 - Mar 28 with 8351 viewsSwissdale

That is all....

I'm still of the opinion that survival was the aim this season, and should still be applauded as an achievement.

However, we are in 6th, with 1/5th of the season to go, unbelievable.

If we go up I predict;

Brilliant away days
Marginally improved crowds
2,000 incredibly smug rochdalians
Relegation

Also, imagine what it would feel like to win at wembley.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2015 23:20]
Imagine we went up on 23:22 - Mar 28 with 6799 viewsNinco

...and Hill would probably get head hunted by a club from a higher division, meaning someone else would come in and take us down.
Imagine we went up on 23:51 - Mar 28 with 6724 viewsdoleydale

Lots of derbies possible next year in L1. If we went up we could do a Yeovil. Or Stockport

Hey everybody take a look at me, I've got street credibility, I may not have a job, But I have a good time, With the boys that I meet "down on the line" I said, I - DON'T - NEED - YOU So you don't approve, Well who asked you to? HEY - JERK - YOU - WORK This boy's got better things to do

Imagine we went up on 00:04 - Mar 29 with 6702 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Agree........would love to flirt with the play-offs and make some lucre,but like others, would prefer to stay put next season which promises to be pretty local and profitable.

Then we go again.
Imagine we went up on 00:53 - Mar 29 with 6647 viewsmikehunt

If we went up and whoever brought us back down we would be 5 million quid better off and guaranteed a third round in the FA Cup. I can't wait.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Imagine we went up on 07:41 - Mar 29 with 6542 viewsCamdenDale

I for one would love to see us go up. Nailed on to go down - but what an experience! Saying you don't fancy it is like turning down a date with a supermodel worrying you won't be able to get it up.

Hill could be headhunted at any time regardless.

It wouldn't be compulsory to go headless chicken and screw up the finances. Don't have to hire aging strikers on stoopid money etc etc
[Post edited 29 Mar 2015 7:57]
Imagine we went up on 07:48 - Mar 29 with 6532 viewsEllGazzell

Imagine we went up on 07:41 - Mar 29 by CamdenDale

I for one would love to see us go up. Nailed on to go down - but what an experience! Saying you don't fancy it is like turning down a date with a supermodel worrying you won't be able to get it up.

Hill could be headhunted at any time regardless.

It wouldn't be compulsory to go headless chicken and screw up the finances. Don't have to hire aging strikers on stoopid money etc etc
[Post edited 29 Mar 2015 7:57]

Exactly, it should be all out now on playoffs and fight tooth and nail to scrape up if we get there.

I wouldn't turn down a date with a supermodel. I'd be out there like a shot - dinner, drinks, then spend the night riding her up the wrong en and emulsioning her face.

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Imagine we went up on 09:26 - Mar 29 with 6387 viewsD_Alien

Imagine we went up on 07:48 - Mar 29 by EllGazzell

Exactly, it should be all out now on playoffs and fight tooth and nail to scrape up if we get there.

I wouldn't turn down a date with a supermodel. I'd be out there like a shot - dinner, drinks, then spend the night riding her up the wrong en and emulsioning her face.

Wouldn't that give her freckles?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Imagine we went up on 09:36 - Mar 29 with 6357 viewsEllGazzell

Imagine we went up on 09:26 - Mar 29 by D_Alien

Wouldn't that give her freckles?

Nothing wrong with freckles... within reason... But it'd give her a face like a decorator's radio

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Login to get fewer ads

Imagine we went up on 10:01 - Mar 29 with 6291 viewsAtThePeake

"We could do a Yeovil."

Or... we could do a Rotherham, and stay up there. Or a Scunthorpe, who stayed up for a season and beat Newcastle in the process. Dare to dream Daleys.

Tangled up in blue.

Imagine we went up on 11:08 - Mar 29 with 6147 viewsKenBoon

Or we could do a Rochdale, which is what we're currently doing.

If there was ever a time to make the surrounding community sick of hearing "Rochdale AFC" then it is now. There's no excuses anymore. This run-in has to be promoted. Hype the f**k out of every game. Yesterday's should have been but I didn't see anything other than a crap email. People just delete emails now.

Hype everything 'til it makes the drum hating tinpotterists cringe. A figuratively massive melting tin pot of Drums, Face Paint, 'Grand Slam Sunday', 'Dropzone', Heat Maps and Hashtags. Enough to make readers of World Soccer chuck their pelvis bones up and 'Football Gods' people turn to extremism (learn how to do bold, underline and BOLD UNDERLINE writing on forums).

Tin the tin tin tin pots. Make the Sandy regulars explode with embarrassment (might clear the arse smell). SPEND MONEY on it. Not beer promotions or bring a may-teh for a fiver. Be a product of THIS time and not 1991. No more apathy excuses. There's hundreds of thousands of potential people in the surrounding area. Go after them! Season ticket holders who moan about special promotions not "protecting the value" of their season ticket need to shut up. Do you come because it's good value or because you want to see good and successful Football?

I personally am fed up of finishing the night with a munter or five-knuckle shuffle. Yes standards have been raised recently, but right now some 8/10-er is flirting with us and the plan appears to be that we go for a piss rather than flirt back. FFS AMBITION PLEASE!!! (Not a great analogy, but I could have taken it further saying flirting doesn't involve spending lots of money, etc etc).

I could go on and on and on, but I suspect the pleas will fall on deaf ears. I'll just state some facts though.
Eight Games Left.
Four Home Games.
Sixth in the League.
Nothing to lose.

FFS if we don't bother now then we shouldn't ever bother.
Imagine we went up on 11:14 - Mar 29 with 6130 viewsscooby

Imagine we went up on 11:08 - Mar 29 by KenBoon

If there was ever a time to make the surrounding community sick of hearing "Rochdale AFC" then it is now. There's no excuses anymore. This run-in has to be promoted. Hype the f**k out of every game. Yesterday's should have been but I didn't see anything other than a crap email. People just delete emails now.

Hype everything 'til it makes the drum hating tinpotterists cringe. A figuratively massive melting tin pot of Drums, Face Paint, 'Grand Slam Sunday', 'Dropzone', Heat Maps and Hashtags. Enough to make readers of World Soccer chuck their pelvis bones up and 'Football Gods' people turn to extremism (learn how to do bold, underline and BOLD UNDERLINE writing on forums).

Tin the tin tin tin pots. Make the Sandy regulars explode with embarrassment (might clear the arse smell). SPEND MONEY on it. Not beer promotions or bring a may-teh for a fiver. Be a product of THIS time and not 1991. No more apathy excuses. There's hundreds of thousands of potential people in the surrounding area. Go after them! Season ticket holders who moan about special promotions not "protecting the value" of their season ticket need to shut up. Do you come because it's good value or because you want to see good and successful Football?

I personally am fed up of finishing the night with a munter or five-knuckle shuffle. Yes standards have been raised recently, but right now some 8/10-er is flirting with us and the plan appears to be that we go for a piss rather than flirt back. FFS AMBITION PLEASE!!! (Not a great analogy, but I could have taken it further saying flirting doesn't involve spending lots of money, etc etc).

I could go on and on and on, but I suspect the pleas will fall on deaf ears. I'll just state some facts though.
Eight Games Left.
Four Home Games.
Sixth in the League.
Nothing to lose.

and EVERYTHING to gain...
Imagine we went up on 11:22 - Mar 29 with 6082 views442Dale

Eight Games Left.
Four Home Games.
Sixth in the League.
Nothing to lose.

This is the perfect time for them to announce the game which they are going to launch online ticketing for. The possibilities attached to that could be a PR goldmine - buy online for a quid or something and get the media and especially SSN all over it. Where are we up to with that? This was coming up to four weeks ago:

http://daletrust.com/news/?p=2098
"Question 10
What is the current situation in terms of having online ticketing available?

Answer 10
The Club now feel that they have negotiated the best price possible for the application, and there are plans to trial the system at a league game this season."

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Imagine we went up on 11:31 - Mar 29 with 6057 viewsCamdenDale

To promote the last few home games, agree with all been said - go all out.

Thing is, we have 2500 or so walking talking marketing bods on the books already that social media etc. will never be able to match - and they work for free!

Drag anyone you can down...
Imagine we went up on 11:32 - Mar 29 with 6048 viewsflyerdale

Eight Games Left.
Four Home Games.
Sixth in the League.
Nothing to lose.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!
Imagine we went up on 11:46 - Mar 29 with 6015 viewstazzydjr

Were talking to one of the older dale's fans in my local he were telling me about how Mr Ratcliffe apparently pocketed the money instead of investing in back into the club the day's we when Rochdale were attracting 10k a match thank god them days are gone and the club is living within its means and have no dodgy owner running the place

Back onto the topic I'd be happy if we did reach the Final but keeping down Preston in the process in the Semi-Finals then have MK in the Final even if we don't go up this season it'd be the biggest achievement in Rochdale's History apart from making The League Cup Final against Norwich City, I see us doing Swindon a favor next month

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Imagine we went up on 12:33 - Mar 29 with 5920 views_dezzy

Imagine we went up on 11:31 - Mar 29 by CamdenDale

To promote the last few home games, agree with all been said - go all out.

Thing is, we have 2500 or so walking talking marketing bods on the books already that social media etc. will never be able to match - and they work for free!

Drag anyone you can down...

Why cant we do something along the lines like what bury have done, Buy 2 get one free, for the Port vale, Swindon and orient matches, by the time we get to MK game if we are up there it should sell itself going off past seasons when we are there abouts at the end of the season.

KHBA

Imagine we went up on 12:43 - Mar 29 with 5890 viewsShun

Eight Games Left.
Four Home Games.
Sixth in the League.
Nothing to lose.

I hearJerusalem while you roar this from the top of Owd Betts looking out over the town, a great tempest raging behind you. And now I am inspired.
Imagine we went up on 13:36 - Mar 29 with 5784 viewsTVOS1907

Eight Games Left.
Four Home Games.
Sixth in the League.
Nothing to lose.

Excellent post, but just one point.

I'm a season ticket holder and know lots of other s/t holders. None of us have ever moaned about special promotions for non-season ticket holders.

I'm not saying some won't, but I think that point isn't necessarily true, unless you know different.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Imagine we went up on 13:49 - Mar 29 with 5750 views442Dale

Imagine we went up on 13:36 - Mar 29 by TVOS1907

I'm a season ticket holder and know lots of other s/t holders. None of us have ever moaned about special promotions for non-season ticket holders.

I'm not saying some won't, but I think that point isn't necessarily true, unless you know different.

It's a bit of a myth. In fact it would be very disappointing if ST holders at a club or a football club itself would ever want to limit promotions using 'protecting the value of a ST' as a reason.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Imagine we went up on 14:52 - Mar 29 with 5661 viewsR17ALE

Imagine we went up on 11:46 - Mar 29 by tazzydjr

Were talking to one of the older dale's fans in my local he were telling me about how Mr Ratcliffe apparently pocketed the money instead of investing in back into the club the day's we when Rochdale were attracting 10k a match thank god them days are gone and the club is living within its means and have no dodgy owner running the place

Back onto the topic I'd be happy if we did reach the Final but keeping down Preston in the process in the Semi-Finals then have MK in the Final even if we don't go up this season it'd be the biggest achievement in Rochdale's History apart from making The League Cup Final against Norwich City, I see us doing Swindon a favor next month

I don't know who you were talking to Tazzy, but they've filled your head with rubbish!

Firstly, since de-regionalisation in 1958, the club has only had five league matches which attracted gates over 10k.

Without Freddie Ratcliffe pouring his own money into the club, Dale would have ceased to exist before either of us was even born!

But I agree with your other points.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Imagine we went up on 16:23 - Mar 29 with 5502 viewsnordenblue

Imagine we went up on 14:52 - Mar 29 by R17ALE

I don't know who you were talking to Tazzy, but they've filled your head with rubbish!

Firstly, since de-regionalisation in 1958, the club has only had five league matches which attracted gates over 10k.

Without Freddie Ratcliffe pouring his own money into the club, Dale would have ceased to exist before either of us was even born!

Its not the first person to do that tbf
Imagine we went up on 19:51 - Mar 29 with 5308 viewsKenBoon

Imagine we went up on 13:36 - Mar 29 by TVOS1907

Some people on here have said it, but it could be they were taking the pee and I got wooshed or whatever used to be a thing in 2003.
Imagine we went up on 00:08 - Mar 30 with 5126 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Imagine we went up on 14:52 - Mar 29 by R17ALE

Agree.......without Fred Simpson Ratcliffe none of us would be on this forum as the Club would NOT exist.

Don't tarnish his reputation.
Imagine we went up on 09:23 - Mar 30 with 4910 viewsParkinsGimp

We are 6th on merit, no reason why we cant go up or at least have some extra exciting games in the play-offs. Its a pretty poor league this season apart from the top 3 or 4 , then you seem to have another decent group of teams ( another 5 or 6 ) the rest are easily beatable, as has been seen. So why not have a good go and see what happens. It wouldnt matter if we got smashed every week in Championship, just enjoy the promo and think of the money for next season.
Imagine we went up on 10:23 - Mar 30 with 4852 viewsdingdangblue

Imagine we went up on 09:23 - Mar 30 by ParkinsGimp

We are 6th on merit, no reason why we cant go up or at least have some extra exciting games in the play-offs. Its a pretty poor league this season apart from the top 3 or 4 , then you seem to have another decent group of teams ( another 5 or 6 ) the rest are easily beatable, as has been seen. So why not have a good go and see what happens. It wouldnt matter if we got smashed every week in Championship, just enjoy the promo and think of the money for next season.

Jack O'Connell is a huge loss. It would have been a big ask even with him but without him I cant see us having enough. Would love to be proved wrong though.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024