Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tannoy in Pearl Street 00:10 - Mar 29 with 4926 viewsflyerdale

Anyone else finding the sound levels in the Pearl Street a bit unbearable? I took my 6 year old nephew with me today who complained that his ears were hurting from the loud music just before the game started. Trying to have any sort of conversation with him was just not possible. TURN IT DOWN A BIT FFS
Tannoy in Pearl Street on 00:20 - Mar 29 with 4899 viewscrazyhorse

I agree, sometimes it does drown out the arm chair manager debates with your mates and whatever else. But if the club don't know its too loud they won't change it...drop them a mail -. office@rochdaleafc.co.uk .
Tannoy in Pearl Street on 00:23 - Mar 29 with 4893 viewshowy10

Yes, I agree,it is much too loud!
Tannoy in Pearl Street on 09:56 - Mar 30 with 4530 viewsrafc1984

Yeah, it's horrendous, and has been for as long as I can remember. Someone needs to tell PA man to just talk into it rather than shout!
Tannoy in Pearl Street on 10:06 - Mar 30 with 4520 viewsjav14

We have a tannoy?

Doesn't work were I stand in the Sandy.
Tannoy in Pearl Street on 10:36 - Mar 30 with 4481 viewsR17ALE

Tannoy in Pearl Street on 09:56 - Mar 30 by rafc1984

Yeah, it's horrendous, and has been for as long as I can remember. Someone needs to tell PA man to just talk into it rather than shout!

Ha. I brought someone with me for the first time on Saturday and we transferred from the Main Stand to The Sandy as the teams were being read out. The tannoy in the Main Stand is equally oppressive. She turned to me and said, "Where do you go to learn to talk like that?"

I said, "Matey school".

Completely wasted on her!!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Tannoy in Pearl Street on 12:09 - Mar 30 with 4384 viewsrod_leach

I've emailed the club about this before and it's been turned down. It gradually creeps back up till you can't carry on a conversation again though.
Tannoy in Pearl Street on 12:18 - Mar 30 with 4368 viewsrobbowood

Tannoy in Pearl Street on 12:09 - Mar 30 by rod_leach

I've emailed the club about this before and it's been turned down. It gradually creeps back up till you can't carry on a conversation again though.

it's almost impossible to hear the person standing next to you in the Sandy when the music is playing

even the stewards in the Sandy agree it is far too loud and they struggle to hear the person on the other end of their radio
Tannoy in Pearl Street on 12:30 - Mar 30 with 4341 viewslove_the_dale

Tannoy in Pearl Street on 12:18 - Mar 30 by robbowood

it's almost impossible to hear the person standing next to you in the Sandy when the music is playing

even the stewards in the Sandy agree it is far too loud and they struggle to hear the person on the other end of their radio

Surely it can't be worse than it is in the main stand!
Login to get fewer ads

Tannoy in Pearl Street on 12:39 - Mar 30 with 4325 viewsTVOS1907

Tannoy in Pearl Street on 10:36 - Mar 30 by R17ALE

Ha. I brought someone with me for the first time on Saturday and we transferred from the Main Stand to The Sandy as the teams were being read out. The tannoy in the Main Stand is equally oppressive. She turned to me and said, "Where do you go to learn to talk like that?"

I said, "Matey school".

Completely wasted on her!!

Do you get special qualifications at Matey School?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Tannoy in Pearl Street on 12:39 - Mar 30 with 4324 viewsraadale

Tannoy in Pearl Street on 10:06 - Mar 30 by jav14

We have a tannoy?

Doesn't work were I stand in the Sandy.

Really, Where i stand in the sandy it's ear drum bustingly loud. We actually took a decibel reading at one game recently and if it were my place of work i'd have to by law wear ear-guards....
Tannoy in Pearl Street on 13:07 - Mar 30 with 4280 viewsMoonyDale

Same in the Sandy, turn that Manc sh1te down ffs, can't hear yourself think in there....And yes I am a moaning old git (Thought i'd get it in before someone else did)......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Tannoy in Pearl Street on 13:27 - Mar 30 with 4235 viewsKenBoon

We need a new PA system because they'll never get the levels right on the current one.
Tannoy in Pearl Street on 15:49 - Mar 30 with 4108 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Where's the Trust Commitee?
Tannoy in Pearl Street on 16:02 - Mar 30 with 4088 viewsTVOS1907

Tannoy in Pearl Street on 15:49 - Mar 30 by Yorkshire_Dale

Where's the Trust Commitee?

At work?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Tannoy in Pearl Street on 18:52 - Mar 30 with 3974 viewsNinco

The tannoy is a bit loud in all stands, but at least you can hear it. At Boundary Park last Tuesday, the tannoy operator may as well have been wearing a gas mask as I couldn't hear what he said. I think it also gives it a bit of atmosphere. If you sit in silence, you may as well stay at home.
Tannoy in Pearl Street on 18:57 - Mar 30 with 3955 viewsflyerdale

Tannoy in Pearl Street on 18:52 - Mar 30 by Ninco

The tannoy is a bit loud in all stands, but at least you can hear it. At Boundary Park last Tuesday, the tannoy operator may as well have been wearing a gas mask as I couldn't hear what he said. I think it also gives it a bit of atmosphere. If you sit in silence, you may as well stay at home.

???? Why so????? I personally go to watch football, not lose my voice but I respect some like to have a good old sing song. A bizarre statement that Ninco
Tannoy in Pearl Street on 20:41 - Mar 30 with 3860 viewspedrodale

Cant believe were debating this, row R somewhere in w block need to ramp it up a bit.
Tannoy in Pearl Street on 20:44 - Mar 30 with 3851 views_dezzy

It needs to be loud for us old uns, some of us are a bit mutton.

KHBA

Tannoy in Pearl Street on 20:49 - Mar 30 with 3829 viewspedrodale

Some of these kids just dont know how to party
Tannoy in Pearl Street on 13:39 - Mar 31 with 3679 viewsDickydaler

I think the level is fine in the Sandy. It does add to the atmosphere and you can hear the announcements, whereas at some grounds they are totally inaudible.
Tannoy in Pearl Street on 13:48 - Mar 31 with 3670 views100notout

I think this calls for one of them there polls on here "Do you think the tannoy is too loud?"

Depending on the result, perhaps the trust can then present it to the directors and ask them to get manc man to turn it down?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Tannoy in Pearl Street on 14:44 - Mar 31 with 3634 viewsDickydaler

Tannoy in Pearl Street on 13:48 - Mar 31 by 100notout

I think this calls for one of them there polls on here "Do you think the tannoy is too loud?"

Depending on the result, perhaps the trust can then present it to the directors and ask them to get manc man to turn it down?

Or up, maybe?
Tannoy in Pearl Street on 14:54 - Mar 31 with 3622 viewsD_Alien

It's a job for a technician surely? Doubt the volume is under the control of mancman.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Tannoy in Pearl Street on 14:54 - Mar 31 with 3620 viewsParkinsGimp

Or ask manc man to stop being a plastic manc LOL
Tannoy in Pearl Street on 15:42 - Mar 31 with 3577 viewsflyerdale

To those who say its fine and adds to the atmosphere, it clearly is too loud when a six year old is getting upset by the sound levels when normally his hearing abilities are normal.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2015 15:43]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024