Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England in the West Indies 14:56 - Apr 13 with 9269 viewsTommoRAFC

West Indies won the toss and bowl. Trott to open with Cook and Tredwell selected as the spinner.

To say I'm feeling underwhelmed at the moment would be an understatement!

At least Stokes is back, that's one positive I suppose. It'll be interesting to see what impact Gibson has as coach again now we've lost Saker to the IPL.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2015 15:06]

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

England in the West Indies on 20:05 - Apr 15 with 3090 viewsChaffRAFC

Impressive return for Trott!

Gone for 4.

15-1

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

England in the West Indies on 20:06 - Apr 15 with 3079 viewsColDale

I know there were anyway, but serious questions over the future of Trott. Two tests to save his career now. Can't go up against the Aussies hoping for a bit of form. And if he's afford those tests and fails, are we facing going into the Ashes with a fresh partner to an already out of form Cook?
England in the West Indies on 20:10 - Apr 15 with 3053 viewsTommoRAFC

England in the West Indies on 20:06 - Apr 15 by ColDale

I know there were anyway, but serious questions over the future of Trott. Two tests to save his career now. Can't go up against the Aussies hoping for a bit of form. And if he's afford those tests and fails, are we facing going into the Ashes with a fresh partner to an already out of form Cook?

You'd be pissed if you was Robson, Compton or even Lyth off Trott's showing!

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

England in the West Indies on 20:12 - Apr 15 with 3047 viewsChaffRAFC

For the love of Christ.

Cook gone yet again. England 20-2, Cook caught in the slips playing a poor shot for 13.

England in the West Indies on 20:16 - Apr 15 with 3041 viewsChaffRAFC

England in the West Indies on 20:10 - Apr 15 by TommoRAFC

You'd be pissed if you was Robson, Compton or even Lyth off Trott's showing!

Trott is a wonderful player when on form but he's not and hasn't been for a good while. Trescothick, one of England's best batsmen, never recovered enough to return to the test arena.

For me, Lyth has to play the next two tests in a desperate hope to find an opener for the inevitably disastrous Ashes series.

England in the West Indies on 20:20 - Apr 15 with 3025 viewsTalkingSutty

England in the West Indies on 20:06 - Apr 15 by ColDale

To be fair, the ball that got Trott was unplayable. Let's not give up on him yet, that ball would have got most batsmen out. Cooks dismissal was more worrying, no need to play it.
England in the West Indies on 20:56 - Apr 15 with 2998 viewsisitme

The WI opening bowlers have bowled well, as they did in the first innings. Trott got a beauty from Taylor. If they can stick in Bell and Ballance can up the tempo later. It is a long session and they only have three seam bowlers. Roach looks like he is carrying a niggle as well which could further weaken their bowling resources.
England in the West Indies on 21:20 - Apr 15 with 2980 viewsD_Alien

England in the West Indies on 19:28 - Apr 15 by D_Alien

First innings lead of 104

All the time in the world to take the lead past 400 and put the West Indies on the rack - what could possibly go wrong?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

England in the West Indies on 19:10 - Apr 16 with 2903 viewsD_Alien

We got there in the end, leaving West indies 438 to win in just over four sessions

Confidence-boosting innings from Ballance and Buttler

England in the West Indies on 19:31 - Apr 16 with 2880 viewsisitme

Great to get home and see Ballance get his century and a cameo from Buttler. Good execution of an obvious plan by Broad to get the first wicket. One down, nine to go.
England in the West Indies on 21:03 - Apr 17 with 2821 viewsTVOS1907

Jimmy Anderson break's IT Botham's England Test wicket record.

Could be a close finish here.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

England in the West Indies on 21:06 - Apr 17 with 2809 viewsColDale

England in the West Indies on 21:03 - Apr 17 by TVOS1907

Jimmy Anderson break's IT Botham's England Test wicket record.

Could be a close finish here.

Let's hope it's closer than the caught behind that Bawden just gave
England in the West Indies on 01:35 - Apr 18 with 2754 viewsDaley_Lama

Cracking knock by Pollard in double quick time to save the test match. Erm...

12 years ago i did this tour abroad. 15,000 other Brits did the same.

The cricket was good, the grounds were historic and packed, the local economy boosted.This series is like two elderly cows in a distant field.

England at least have got rid of Downton, roll on the new Director of Cricket (Howard Wilkinson shurely?) There is hope for us, albeit slim.

The Windies however are goosed. 12 years ago it was basketball nicking their talent, now it's IPL. Without the finances of central contracts and player strikes they have no chance.

As much as i lament English cricket, i lament Windies equally.

Well done Jimmy, as Beefy said it was inevitable but it would have been nicer ripping out an openers off stump with it pitching on leg with a ripe one.

Poll: DF in or out

England in the West Indies on 03:27 - Apr 18 with 2739 viewsTalkingSutty

England in the West Indies on 01:35 - Apr 18 by Daley_Lama

Cracking knock by Pollard in double quick time to save the test match. Erm...

12 years ago i did this tour abroad. 15,000 other Brits did the same.

The cricket was good, the grounds were historic and packed, the local economy boosted.This series is like two elderly cows in a distant field.

England at least have got rid of Downton, roll on the new Director of Cricket (Howard Wilkinson shurely?) There is hope for us, albeit slim.

The Windies however are goosed. 12 years ago it was basketball nicking their talent, now it's IPL. Without the finances of central contracts and player strikes they have no chance.

As much as i lament English cricket, i lament Windies equally.

Well done Jimmy, as Beefy said it was inevitable but it would have been nicer ripping out an openers off stump with it pitching on leg with a ripe one.

It could have been a different outcome had Gayle not been playing in the IPL, he's a professional sportsman though and wants to maximise his earnings. The Windies will be happy with the draw and it at least makes the series more interesting. In the end the wicket was the winner.

Agree about the ground, i have been to the 'Rec' a couple of times and what a place that was. Smack bang in St Johns so the locals can just walk up to the ground, Chickys disco, Gravy, Bulls Foot broth and rice for lunch, Wadidli Beer and fantastic weather. Also the Prison Walls down one side of the ground and some of the occupants who tended to the pitch prior to games. The current ground is sterile. The Rec was full of mad characters all shouting advice, it was a great place.

'Gravy' (Google Cricketing Crossdresser) , is still alive and mans a Taxi Rank in the centre of town, I had a chat and a photograph with him a couple of years ago ( Like Roccy does).
England in the West Indies on 00:17 - Apr 22 with 2647 viewsSandyman

One of the most memorable moments in the W Indies...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/8157299/Test-Match-Specials-greate
England in the West Indies on 21:50 - Apr 23 with 2527 viewsisitme

Great ton from Root after some suicidal running from Ali.
England in the West Indies on 23:34 - Apr 23 with 2484 viewsD_Alien

England in the West Indies on 21:50 - Apr 23 by isitme

Great ton from Root after some suicidal running from Ali.

If England can extend the lead to 150+ it'll put huge pressure on the W Indies with the pitch taking increasing amounts of spin. Ali will get the chance to make up for his mistake. Hope Root's ok to bowl a few overs too, sore back apparently

England in the West Indies on 06:58 - Apr 24 with 2434 viewsaleanddale

Great knock from root..

Hopeful 100+ more either side of lunch day 4 to set up a fascinating test.

Can West Indies get themselves back into this? Doubt it if England carry a 160+ first innings lead.
England in the West Indies on 16:28 - Apr 24 with 2373 viewsD_Alien

England lead 165

Come on England, let's knock a couple over before lunch to put the skids under them

England in the West Indies on 16:50 - Apr 24 with 2358 viewsChaffRAFC

Absolutely stunned at the nature of Anderson's dismissal. Gave up the ghost or did he think the ball was sailing over the bowler? Either it screwed Joe Root out of a nailed on double century.

Sensational knock from Root. Fantastic player and probably the brighest star in this England side.

West Indies already one wicket down chasing another 162 with Anderson getting Smith to play on.

England in the West Indies on 17:11 - Apr 24 with 2344 viewsdeezel

On current form Broad should be batting at 11

He's lost it as a batsman since that ball in the mush incident
England in the West Indies on 17:28 - Apr 24 with 2322 viewsD_Alien

England in the West Indies on 16:50 - Apr 24 by ChaffRAFC

Absolutely stunned at the nature of Anderson's dismissal. Gave up the ghost or did he think the ball was sailing over the bowler? Either it screwed Joe Root out of a nailed on double century.

Sensational knock from Root. Fantastic player and probably the brighest star in this England side.

West Indies already one wicket down chasing another 162 with Anderson getting Smith to play on.

If you ask me, Jimmy fancied a bowl before lunch, and rightly so

Never mind Root's double - he may or may not have got there - the victory is more important

Not that I'd condone deliberately running yourself out of course - if that's what he did. He could've just had a wild swing with the bat

England in the West Indies on 18:20 - Apr 25 with 2248 viewsD_Alien

Meanwhile... England require 143 from 59 overs with the Windies skittled today for 307

Jimmy Anderson and Moeen Ali with the wickets

England in the West Indies on 21:33 - Apr 25 with 2203 viewsD_Alien

Victory by 9 wickets

People will point to the opposition, but can't ask for much more

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024