Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket prices 07:39 - Apr 17 with 12200 viewsChaffRAFC

First price increase in 5 years.

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/season-tickets-on-sale-from-monday-240

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Season ticket prices on 14:06 - Apr 19 with 1548 viewsTalkingSutty

Season ticket prices on 13:50 - Apr 19 by D_Alien

I strongly suspect the unpalatable answer to your question about the new marketing person is that the board don't want her input into ST/turnstile prices.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but if I'm not, it tells us all we know to know about a whole raft of things.

I think you are right and if true it just shows the magnitude of the task in front of her. Working with one hand tied behind your back springs to mind.
Season ticket prices on 14:28 - Apr 19 with 1496 views442Dale

Also worth noting that the £2 rise in the 'senior citizen' and 'young person' categories is a bigger percentage increase than adult matchday prices.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Season ticket prices on 15:46 - Apr 19 with 1391 viewsscooby

also, someone mentioned payment schemes. Why cant the club find a finance company, and put them in the middle? the purchaser has to pass credit checks to get a small loan, then pays back over a period agreed with the company. the company takes the risk of default.

More options making STs easily available to wider audience.
Season ticket prices on 18:54 - Apr 19 with 1270 views1mark1

Season ticket prices on 10:09 - Apr 19 by R17ALE

There's one thing I really don't get amongst all this.

Whilst I understand matchday prices might need to go up, I don't understand the timing and the club's "joined up thinking".

They employ a well qualified marketing person with a remit to increase attendances. Good. Proves BJ wrong in an instant.

But, they time her ascension in such a way that she has virtually no impact in arguably the biggest commercial venture of the year.

And to top it off they hike prices by £2 per match which is about as fair as the steeplechase in Goldfinger where the fences kept suddenly rising as Bond's horse was approaching.

Surely, the plan should have been to appoint the new person in good time so they could then demonstrate their abilities with a carefully thought out season ticket campaign, followed up with attractive match day pricing or even (as mentioned on here) a ten game ticket.

Good points. They should have allowed time for the new person to come up with new ideas.

This is a low wage town and many struggle to survive even if working , so to afford £20 to sit down to see a football match is NOT the priority when compared to feeding the kids, or paying bills. Even those with spare cash, having a few pints down at the pub is a better alternative for some. So yes, well done, lets encourage people to go to the football by putting up prices. It is a case of a bad mistake made.

Now I DO understand the finances of football, and that decreasing prices sometimes won't lead to an increase in numbers to make up for the shortfall. In the case of away fans, they will pay ,more although away supporters might not come in the same numbers. And yes I know we are still one of the cheapest grounds of the 92.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Season ticket prices on 19:15 - Apr 19 with 1212 views1mark1

Now I don't mind being marked down, but what point or points I made do you disagree with, and why?

Season ticket prices on 19:21 - Apr 19 with 1189 views1mark1

Season ticket prices on 23:17 - Apr 17 by dingdangblue

3000 away fans paying £2 extra for a few games next season should make up for it.

I have no doubt that overall with the increase cash from the away fans , that there will be an increase in match takings, but, we may well see less home fans turn up due to this.

Season ticket prices on 19:21 - Apr 19 with 1188 viewsisitme

Season ticket prices on 15:46 - Apr 19 by scooby

also, someone mentioned payment schemes. Why cant the club find a finance company, and put them in the middle? the purchaser has to pass credit checks to get a small loan, then pays back over a period agreed with the company. the company takes the risk of default.

More options making STs easily available to wider audience.

The problem is what happens if someone misses a payment? As I posted earlier in the thread if season ticket holders had a card scanned at the turnstile it could be deactivated, but with a ticket book it is virtually impossible to administor it effectively. If the season ticket was paid over 4 payments people would have to pick up their voucher for the next few months etc.

I do really like the 10 game ticket idea. One of the aims of the club should be to up sell people. Get those who attend most games to buy season tickets, infrequent supporters to attend most games and so on.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2015 19:56]
Season ticket prices on 19:30 - Apr 19 with 1174 views1mark1

Season ticket prices on 19:21 - Apr 19 by isitme

The problem is what happens if someone misses a payment? As I posted earlier in the thread if season ticket holders had a card scanned at the turnstile it could be deactivated, but with a ticket book it is virtually impossible to administor it effectively. If the season ticket was paid over 4 payments people would have to pick up their voucher for the next few months etc.

I do really like the 10 game ticket idea. One of the aims of the club should be to up sell people. Get those who attend most games to buy season tickets, infrequent supporters to attend most games and so on.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2015 19:56]

Good points made. So really the club has to invest in technology that allows season tickets to be able to be scanned, either with a barcode on the season ticket, or a card. If a card, then ST holders could pay for and have added other matches, like Cup games, pay money onto their cards to use in Kiosks, club shop etc.

I would always want people to be able to pay on the day for most matches, and pay with cash, but turnstiles for ST hilders, could POSSIBLY be used to pay on the day, with a debit, or credit card. Other option, people could buy one off tickets, and have it on a card, and buy other matches , and have credits paid onto it, for use in kiosks, club shop etc.

Maybe this would be too expensive to implement, I don't know.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024