Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket prices 07:39 - Apr 17 with 12161 viewsChaffRAFC

First price increase in 5 years.

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/season-tickets-on-sale-from-monday-240

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Season ticket prices on 19:22 - Apr 18 with 1847 viewsdingdangblue

Season ticket prices on 15:31 - Apr 18 by 442Dale

Bit unfair, the commitment from a good number of our supporters to increasing attendances can't be questioned.

I've forced my wife to go through childbirth twice just to get numbers up!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Season ticket prices on 21:14 - Apr 18 with 1734 viewsscooby

Someone else has already said it, and I'm sure we won't be the only ones. I personally can't attend night matches in general due to working away, add the odd weekend I can't do, and it makes pay on the day better for me.

I was seriously considering a season ticket, but this increase means I'll pay on the day and have easy excuses not to turn up should I not feel like it. My lad at uni will also not come home as much due to cost increase.

I understand why, but as bobbyjoe has said, a season ticket priced at a level I wouldn't argue with would actually see a crowd increase. I would have bought one, but now it's not worth it for the 16-18 games I get to.
Season ticket prices on 00:07 - Apr 19 with 1662 viewsTVOS1907

Season ticket prices on 14:38 - Apr 18 by Bobbyjoe

The product for sale has never been better, yet still they don't come! It's not even the money. People get out of the habit; it's psychological. No amount of pay-on the-gate offers do anything to address this. It's about creating momentum, forming a community people want to be part of.

The only way to address this is through season-tickets, which have to be made so attractive, that a significant proportion of the 10,000 Dale fans who might turn up to any given match, simply can't refuse to get one.

3,000 season-ticket holders form an instant community, which will only gather momentum. It's so screamingly obvious that the only rational conclusion one can draw is that deep-down, sub-consciously, written into its DNA neither the club nor its supporters has any genuine interest in increasing crowd numbers.

Why have you included the supporters in your last sentence?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Season ticket prices on 08:36 - Apr 19 with 1598 viewsBobbyjoe

Season ticket prices on 00:07 - Apr 19 by TVOS1907

Why have you included the supporters in your last sentence?

Because there's a cachet in supporting the world's most unsuccessful, least well-supported club; an enviable exclusivity. It's what distinguishes us from the rest of the footballing world. Lose that, and we're just the same as any other club. I don't think crowds would differ much whether we're in the Championship or the Conference. The club taps into this. How else to explain its woeful treatment of its customers, and it's continual shying away from the horrifying prospect of having any more to deal with!
Season ticket prices on 08:43 - Apr 19 with 1593 viewsTalkingSutty

Season ticket prices on 08:36 - Apr 19 by Bobbyjoe

Because there's a cachet in supporting the world's most unsuccessful, least well-supported club; an enviable exclusivity. It's what distinguishes us from the rest of the footballing world. Lose that, and we're just the same as any other club. I don't think crowds would differ much whether we're in the Championship or the Conference. The club taps into this. How else to explain its woeful treatment of its customers, and it's continual shying away from the horrifying prospect of having any more to deal with!

. What a good post. Its a bit like being in an abusive relationship,you try your best to please but are constantly knocked down.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2015 8:49]
Season ticket prices on 09:41 - Apr 19 with 1511 viewsTVOS1907

Sorry, BJ, but with the greatest respect, that's a load of rubbish.

We're not talking about the crowds doubling or similar, but the hope of boosting them by another 500-1000.

I can't speak about whether 'the club taps into this' or 'its woeful treatment of its customers' because it's not my department, but to insinuate supporters (i.e. a high proportion of people on here who have become increasingly frustrated by attendances and lack of action to increase them) are happy for the crowd figures to stay as they are is just wrong.

Higher crowds mean more income, more peripheral sales and maybe a lower rise (or no rise) on matchday ticket prices. How you can think any supporter doesn't want that is beyond my comprehension.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Season ticket prices on 09:41 - Apr 19 with 1510 views442Dale

But you said "...neither the club nor its supporters has any genuine interest in increasing crowd numbers"

Why include "supporters"? You really don't want people to find a multitude of links on here to illustrate the genuine interest in increasing crowd numbers, do you?

There's only about four threads in the last seven years that don't mention it.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Season ticket prices on 10:01 - Apr 19 with 1485 viewsBobbyjoe

Season ticket prices on 09:41 - Apr 19 by TVOS1907

Sorry, BJ, but with the greatest respect, that's a load of rubbish.

We're not talking about the crowds doubling or similar, but the hope of boosting them by another 500-1000.

I can't speak about whether 'the club taps into this' or 'its woeful treatment of its customers' because it's not my department, but to insinuate supporters (i.e. a high proportion of people on here who have become increasingly frustrated by attendances and lack of action to increase them) are happy for the crowd figures to stay as they are is just wrong.

Higher crowds mean more income, more peripheral sales and maybe a lower rise (or no rise) on matchday ticket prices. How you can think any supporter doesn't want that is beyond my comprehension.

Well, yes, obviously, but it's still a good theory, and contains, perhaps, a grain of truth!
Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket prices on 10:03 - Apr 19 with 1482 viewsTVOS1907

Season ticket prices on 10:01 - Apr 19 by Bobbyjoe

Well, yes, obviously, but it's still a good theory, and contains, perhaps, a grain of truth!

Except it doesn't.

Season ticket prices on 10:06 - Apr 19 with 1481 viewsBobbyjoe

Season ticket prices on 09:41 - Apr 19 by 442Dale

But you said "...neither the club nor its supporters has any genuine interest in increasing crowd numbers"

Why include "supporters"? You really don't want people to find a multitude of links on here to illustrate the genuine interest in increasing crowd numbers, do you?

There's only about four threads in the last seven years that don't mention it.

Well, there's an element of lip-service to it, and I did say, "sub-consciously", previously.
Season ticket prices on 10:09 - Apr 19 with 1473 viewsR17ALE

There's one thing I really don't get amongst all this.

Whilst I understand matchday prices might need to go up, I don't understand the timing and the club's "joined up thinking".

They employ a well qualified marketing person with a remit to increase attendances. Good. Proves BJ wrong in an instant.

But, they time her ascension in such a way that she has virtually no impact in arguably the biggest commercial venture of the year.

And to top it off they hike prices by £2 per match which is about as fair as the steeplechase in Goldfinger where the fences kept suddenly rising as Bond's horse was approaching.

Surely, the plan should have been to appoint the new person in good time so they could then demonstrate their abilities with a carefully thought out season ticket campaign, followed up with attractive match day pricing or even (as mentioned on here) a ten game ticket.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Season ticket prices on 10:10 - Apr 19 with 1472 views442Dale

Season ticket prices on 10:06 - Apr 19 by Bobbyjoe

Well, there's an element of lip-service to it, and I did say, "sub-consciously", previously.

Lip-service from who?

Any supporters involved in the multitude of ideas over the years are fully aware of the frustrations involved. *insert consultation group link for 37th time here*

Season ticket prices on 10:14 - Apr 19 with 1459 views442Dale

Season ticket prices on 10:09 - Apr 19 by R17ALE

Whilst I understand matchday prices might need to go up, I don't understand the timing and the club's "joined up thinking".

They employ a well qualified marketing person with a remit to increase attendances. Good. Proves BJ wrong in an instant.

But, they time her ascension in such a way that she has virtually no impact in arguably the biggest commercial venture of the year.

And to top it off they hike prices by £2 per match which is about as fair as the steeplechase in Goldfinger where the fences kept suddenly rising as Bond's horse was approaching.

Surely, the plan should have been to appoint the new person in good time so they could then demonstrate their abilities with a carefully thought out season ticket campaign, followed up with attractive match day pricing or even (as mentioned on here) a ten game ticket.

With her taking over the role in April (not sure when, it isn't in the story about the appointment), what involvement will she have had, or more importantly SHOULD she have had in the process of deciding prices?

Season ticket prices on 10:15 - Apr 19 with 1457 viewsTVOS1907

I also remember a time when a nice colourful season ticket brochure/pamphlet was produced to emphasise the importance of their sales.

Season ticket prices on 10:19 - Apr 19 with 1435 viewsfitzochris

That was A View To A Kill, not Goldfinger. In the words of Alan Partridge, "stop getting Bond wrong!"

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Season ticket prices on 10:26 - Apr 19 with 1421 viewsR17ALE

Season ticket prices on 10:15 - Apr 19 by TVOS1907

I also remember a time when a nice colourful season ticket brochure/pamphlet was produced to emphasise the importance of their sales.

Indeed. A black and white letter to existing holders is the sum total of a sales pitch these days!

Take the MK Dons match in a weeks time. There will be about 2,200 home fans there of which about half will be season ticket holders.

Now, what I'm about to write is the most basic sales equation anyone will ever read. It's obvious, and no-one at the club will have even considered it. I'm distraught at having to spell it out to be honest!

If you are to grow season ticket sales then by definition you need to get the fans paying cash on the day to consider an upgrade.

But who are these people who pay as they go?

How do we identify them and pitch to them?

The MK Dons match (and the Orient one) provides the easy answer as you can physically watch around 1,100 fans pay cash to get in. There is your target market. Work it.

But, they'll just come in as usual, go to their usual spot, and stop coming when we go shit again.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2015 10:55]

Season ticket prices on 10:28 - Apr 19 with 1417 viewsR17ALE

Season ticket prices on 10:19 - Apr 19 by fitzochris

That was A View To A Kill, not Goldfinger. In the words of Alan Partridge, "stop getting Bond wrong!"

Are you sure?

I will bow to your superior Bond knowledge!

Just thought, yeah - Goldfinger was the dodgy game of golf for the gold ingot.

Season ticket prices on 10:33 - Apr 19 with 1403 viewsColDale

Given that we usually average around 1000 season ticket holders each season, that probably translates to having had up to 1500 different season ticket holders over the past five years. This is our starting point and the club must look to ensure every one of those is contacted directly with regards to renewal. Don't just wait for those to approach. We know we'll probably have about 750 of those will renew anyway so we're not talking a massive amount of work. Spend a morning where we have Hill, Beech, Dunphy, Garlick, Ellis, Hendo, and a few other high profile figures ringing those who haven't renewed (its an old idea but one which works).

Speak to the Trust - from memory there's around 100 exile members of which 35 came to the Exiles Day. Push and push and push to ensure that around 50 exile season tickets are sold. I know many get sold anyway, but that individual effort could make all the difference in converting an occasional supporter into a ten game a season supporter (and I'd bet most exiles don't travel to Spotland alone).

Sell everything that is great about the club and make that the selling point. I think Colin Garlick is great, but make the letter asking people to renew come from Keith Hill thanking people for their support, whilst stress the importance of the season ticket money with regards to how we do next season. Hilly doesn't even have to write the letter, its just that a letter from a football manager will always have more impact than one from a Chief Executive (at least whilst the manager retains almost universal popularity).

Push the plans for next year, push the youth development (tbf this is mentioned), push the stadium purchase, push that this is the best Rochdale side that there has ever been, push us having our best manager ever, push what difference the season ticket money will make to the club and more than anything push the fact that before the end of May, season tickets are on sale for the same price as they were in 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14 and 2014-15.

People talk a great deal on here about attracting floating supporters which is admirable, but existing and lapsed supporter retention must be the first priority before anything else is considered, and is more likely to have an impact than enticing non supporters to the ground.
Season ticket prices on 10:34 - Apr 19 with 1401 viewsfitzochris

Season ticket prices on 10:28 - Apr 19 by R17ALE

Are you sure?

I will bow to your superior Bond knowledge!

Just thought, yeah - Goldfinger was the dodgy game of golf for the gold ingot.

That's the one. Bond and his caddy switch the balls at the end to thwart ol' Auric's cheating.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Season ticket prices on 11:05 - Apr 19 with 1349 viewsBobbyjoe

Season ticket prices on 10:33 - Apr 19 by ColDale

Given that we usually average around 1000 season ticket holders each season, that probably translates to having had up to 1500 different season ticket holders over the past five years. This is our starting point and the club must look to ensure every one of those is contacted directly with regards to renewal. Don't just wait for those to approach. We know we'll probably have about 750 of those will renew anyway so we're not talking a massive amount of work. Spend a morning where we have Hill, Beech, Dunphy, Garlick, Ellis, Hendo, and a few other high profile figures ringing those who haven't renewed (its an old idea but one which works).

Speak to the Trust - from memory there's around 100 exile members of which 35 came to the Exiles Day. Push and push and push to ensure that around 50 exile season tickets are sold. I know many get sold anyway, but that individual effort could make all the difference in converting an occasional supporter into a ten game a season supporter (and I'd bet most exiles don't travel to Spotland alone).

Sell everything that is great about the club and make that the selling point. I think Colin Garlick is great, but make the letter asking people to renew come from Keith Hill thanking people for their support, whilst stress the importance of the season ticket money with regards to how we do next season. Hilly doesn't even have to write the letter, its just that a letter from a football manager will always have more impact than one from a Chief Executive (at least whilst the manager retains almost universal popularity).

Push the plans for next year, push the youth development (tbf this is mentioned), push the stadium purchase, push that this is the best Rochdale side that there has ever been, push us having our best manager ever, push what difference the season ticket money will make to the club and more than anything push the fact that before the end of May, season tickets are on sale for the same price as they were in 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14 and 2014-15.

People talk a great deal on here about attracting floating supporters which is admirable, but existing and lapsed supporter retention must be the first priority before anything else is considered, and is more likely to have an impact than enticing non supporters to the ground.

Sorry, Col, have to disagree; it's the season-ticket, itself, unchanged in a hundred years, which is the problem; it's outmoded and unfit for purpose, a small financial reward for those who go anyway. What's required is to sell twice as many at half the price, so it doesn't matter if you miss a few, or even many games.

Forget the people who've never been; they never will. There are 10,000 people (guess!), who need to be made an offer they can't refuse!
Season ticket prices on 12:16 - Apr 19 with 1298 viewsfunkkk

Season ticket prices on 10:33 - Apr 19 by ColDale

Simple, eh!

I'm hoping the online ticketing information which is being unveiled tomorrow includes a two game package for our remaining home games. Price it at £20-25 and push it as much as possible then have season ticket information ready to send out to everyone who's signed up.
Season ticket prices on 12:21 - Apr 19 with 1282 viewstazzydjr

is there a continuity plan in place say we have our lowest season ticket sales in a couple of decades?

What is the plan say the price rise goes tits up and we have even less home fans on a Tuesday Night against the likes of Southend, Wycombe or Plymouth

Will there be more promotions adapted into the continuity plan?

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Season ticket prices on 12:23 - Apr 19 with 1277 viewsTVOS1907

Season ticket prices on 12:21 - Apr 19 by tazzydjr

is there a continuity plan in place say we have our lowest season ticket sales in a couple of decades?

What is the plan say the price rise goes tits up and we have even less home fans on a Tuesday Night against the likes of Southend, Wycombe or Plymouth

Will there be more promotions adapted into the continuity plan?

Late night, Taz?

Season ticket prices on 12:47 - Apr 19 with 1247 viewsColDale

Season ticket prices on 11:05 - Apr 19 by Bobbyjoe

Sorry, Col, have to disagree; it's the season-ticket, itself, unchanged in a hundred years, which is the problem; it's outmoded and unfit for purpose, a small financial reward for those who go anyway. What's required is to sell twice as many at half the price, so it doesn't matter if you miss a few, or even many games.

Forget the people who've never been; they never will. There are 10,000 people (guess!), who need to be made an offer they can't refuse!

wouldnt disagree with that but that's not what is needed at this stage. GIven the season tickets have been decided for 2015-16, it's not about what the alternatives would be, it's about making the most out of what we have.

I'd love us to research the impact of a cheap season ticket deal with a view to introducing it (especially at the one time in our history that we could probably take that gamble in doing so), but whilst it's been attempted at both Hartlepool and Bradford, to my knowledge, it's not been attempted elsewhere despite plenty of eyes on the relative successes of each scheme. To a layman like myself, if such a scheme had been a success, then it would be mirrored up and down the country because our issue of empty seats isn't unique.
Season ticket prices on 13:50 - Apr 19 with 1199 viewsD_Alien

I strongly suspect the unpalatable answer to your question about the new marketing person is that the board don't want her input into ST/turnstile prices.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but if I'm not, it tells us all we know to know about a whole raft of things.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024