Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket prices 07:39 - Apr 17 with 12199 viewsChaffRAFC

First price increase in 5 years.

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/season-tickets-on-sale-from-monday-240

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Season ticket prices on 07:47 - Apr 17 with 4436 viewsBrighouseDale

Also in today's news- online ticketing goes live from Monday.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Season ticket prices on 08:07 - Apr 17 with 4382 viewsTalkingSutty

Season ticket prices on 07:47 - Apr 17 by BrighouseDale

I think those prices are fair, even better if you can take advantage of the early bird offer. It's a pity there isn't a way of paying in instalments but I would imagine that could be opening up a world of pain for the office staff and not easy to sort out. Will be getting our tickets next week.
Season ticket prices on 08:17 - Apr 17 with 4361 viewsisitme

I think the issue is what happens if someone misses a payment? With season ticket cards you can stop the card from working when it gets scanned at a turnstile. You could provide split books to tie in with installments etc but then people would have to collect them for their next block of tickets, which causes more inconvenience and increases admin costs.

If someone buys an 'early bird' season ticket then there is no price increase. Good to see that there has been no price increase for under 16s. I will be renewing mine on Monday.

I am sure that many will be on to complain about the increase in prices on a match day, especially in the light of low crowds and attempting to attract more supporters. I suppose after 5 years this was inevitable. We are cheaper than most other clubs in the division and if it helps to bring in/retain better players then it will benefit the club. Keeping the price of under 16s at £5 is a sensible decision though.
Season ticket prices on 08:23 - Apr 17 with 4352 viewsColDale

Season ticket prices on 08:07 - Apr 17 by TalkingSutty

I think those prices are fair, even better if you can take advantage of the early bird offer. It's a pity there isn't a way of paying in instalments but I would imagine that could be opening up a world of pain for the office staff and not easy to sort out. Will be getting our tickets next week.

They do the season ticket vouchers at the club shop which do the instalment thing but it's never pushed as much as it could be. Don't doubt for one moment that if it was rebranded as paying by installments with 7 x £40 / £50 / £60 from Jan to July (or equivalent) it would have more takers.

A £2 increase seems excessive at a time when we're struggling to get people in as it is. I know we'll still be amongst the lowest in League One, but the perception will now be that it costs over £20 to watch Dale which will be damaging in the town. It's only a couple of quid, but it's far easier to market the club at entrance from £15 rather than entrance from £17 especially at a time when gate receipts have probably counted for less than a half of our income over the past season. If some fans are priced out now, it's inevitable that there'll be more picking and choosing of fixtures from now on.

However, it does make it fantastic value to get the season tickets now. As a renewing season ticket holder, it's gonna cost me £250 for 23 League One games - just over a tenner a game, and I don't think anyone could argue against that.

I know it's for the other thread, but I'd love the club to do something with under sixteen tickets where we spend five years building up under sixteen support. I know people talking about pushing the families, but with the greatest will in the world, it's the wrong market to push. The vast majority of people I know who go watching Dale do so not through having been taken regularly by a parent, but by going week in week out with mates. Lets take a gamble and allow a generation of younger supporters to be attending home games with friends with any financial burden, and allow that match attending habit to form. With £800,000 gate receipts last year, I'd argue that home support for those between 8-15 accounted for less than fifty grand of that (probably even less) - a fee we probably get for Matty Done getting his hair cut or some other sell on.
Season ticket prices on 08:31 - Apr 17 with 4330 viewsTalkingSutty

Season ticket prices on 08:17 - Apr 17 by isitme

I think the issue is what happens if someone misses a payment? With season ticket cards you can stop the card from working when it gets scanned at a turnstile. You could provide split books to tie in with installments etc but then people would have to collect them for their next block of tickets, which causes more inconvenience and increases admin costs.

If someone buys an 'early bird' season ticket then there is no price increase. Good to see that there has been no price increase for under 16s. I will be renewing mine on Monday.

I am sure that many will be on to complain about the increase in prices on a match day, especially in the light of low crowds and attempting to attract more supporters. I suppose after 5 years this was inevitable. We are cheaper than most other clubs in the division and if it helps to bring in/retain better players then it will benefit the club. Keeping the price of under 16s at £5 is a sensible decision though.

It's always a risk raising prices but this can be negated by the the club being pro-active during the close season. Let's not sleep walk through the summer and it will enthuse supporters to see us bringing in a few new signings to actually improve the squad.

It's great that we give the kids a chance but let's not lose sight of the here and now. Get some quality alongside Hendo and a decent centre half/ goalkeeper and we are good to go. Send a message out to the Rochdale public that we mean business next season.
Season ticket prices on 08:49 - Apr 17 with 4292 viewsWill_RAFC

On the plus side, season ticket renewals are at an excellent price, and I'll certainly be renewing mine.

I am very worried however about the match day increase. We all know were struggling and it seems like were asking the same people to dig deeper instead of trying something to attract others. Lower league football ticket prices must live by there own set of rules, where if supply outstrips demand by at least 3-1 and a price increase can still be justified by some.

I wish we'd take a (calculated) gamble and go down the cheap season ticket route, with perhaps a deposit down and then the balance going down the more people commit. Very basic rough guesses here, but if we sell 1000 at an average of 300, if we could sell 2000 at 200 would we not be better off? And you could still have match day prices that would be competitive in the division.
Season ticket prices on 08:52 - Apr 17 with 4271 viewsKenBoon

Extract more money from the faithful 2000. Same old.
Season ticket prices on 08:57 - Apr 17 with 4256 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Season ticket prices on 08:52 - Apr 17 by KenBoon

Extract more money from the faithful 2000. Same old.

Exactly.

I bet the new marketing lady is tearing her hair out!

Just do the easy thing as always.

#Diluted

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket prices on 10:18 - Apr 17 with 4121 viewsdingdangblue

Season ticket prices on 08:23 - Apr 17 by ColDale

They do the season ticket vouchers at the club shop which do the instalment thing but it's never pushed as much as it could be. Don't doubt for one moment that if it was rebranded as paying by installments with 7 x £40 / £50 / £60 from Jan to July (or equivalent) it would have more takers.

A £2 increase seems excessive at a time when we're struggling to get people in as it is. I know we'll still be amongst the lowest in League One, but the perception will now be that it costs over £20 to watch Dale which will be damaging in the town. It's only a couple of quid, but it's far easier to market the club at entrance from £15 rather than entrance from £17 especially at a time when gate receipts have probably counted for less than a half of our income over the past season. If some fans are priced out now, it's inevitable that there'll be more picking and choosing of fixtures from now on.

However, it does make it fantastic value to get the season tickets now. As a renewing season ticket holder, it's gonna cost me £250 for 23 League One games - just over a tenner a game, and I don't think anyone could argue against that.

I know it's for the other thread, but I'd love the club to do something with under sixteen tickets where we spend five years building up under sixteen support. I know people talking about pushing the families, but with the greatest will in the world, it's the wrong market to push. The vast majority of people I know who go watching Dale do so not through having been taken regularly by a parent, but by going week in week out with mates. Lets take a gamble and allow a generation of younger supporters to be attending home games with friends with any financial burden, and allow that match attending habit to form. With £800,000 gate receipts last year, I'd argue that home support for those between 8-15 accounted for less than fifty grand of that (probably even less) - a fee we probably get for Matty Done getting his hair cut or some other sell on.

One thing to also take into account with the extra £2 on matchday is the extra revenue that will be made from away fans. There is the chance of potentially selling out that stand a few times next season.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Season ticket prices on 10:23 - Apr 17 with 4098 viewsfitzochris

As I am no longer in a position to buy a season ticket, I will suffer the match-day price hike. I can't complain, though. It is what it is. Prices were never going to remain frozen and I expected this.

That is my view as a lifelong fan. How this is perceived by new or occasional supporters is another matter.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Season ticket prices on 11:14 - Apr 17 with 4014 viewstazzydjr

I were it all lies about Dale having money? i couldn't justify a season ticket at £333 let alone £370 we had it right centenary year this is just gonna drive more people away from the club

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Season ticket prices on 12:06 - Apr 17 with 3927 viewsisitme

Season ticket prices on 11:14 - Apr 17 by tazzydjr

I were it all lies about Dale having money? i couldn't justify a season ticket at £333 let alone £370 we had it right centenary year this is just gonna drive more people away from the club

The Centenary season was nearly 10 years ago. Costs for the club have gone up. Prices have not risen for 5 years, it was going to happen. I happen to think that £333 represents good value for money.

Tazzy if you drink two fewer pints of Guiness each week you could afford a season ticket. I suppose it is about what people prioritise.
Season ticket prices on 12:16 - Apr 17 with 3889 viewstazzydjr

Season ticket prices on 12:06 - Apr 17 by isitme

The Centenary season was nearly 10 years ago. Costs for the club have gone up. Prices have not risen for 5 years, it was going to happen. I happen to think that £333 represents good value for money.

Tazzy if you drink two fewer pints of Guiness each week you could afford a season ticket. I suppose it is about what people prioritise.

Many many things whats going tits up at the moment i expected them to do something positive ahead of our 2nd season in League 1 (Division 3), put it in a nice way it's one way to kill an heartbeat pricing out faithful "Customers" (Supporters), I though the club really really did want to promote itself, lacked Promotions after the FA Cup Run, Lacked ambition to finish Top 5, Lacked drinks promotions if anything they've increased, Lacked many other promotions its time they smelt bit of realization take a leap out of Many other "Successful" Club's drive to get Fans to take up seats at the Fortress

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com

Season ticket prices on 12:24 - Apr 17 with 3853 viewsdingdangblue

Season ticket prices on 10:23 - Apr 17 by fitzochris

As I am no longer in a position to buy a season ticket, I will suffer the match-day price hike. I can't complain, though. It is what it is. Prices were never going to remain frozen and I expected this.

That is my view as a lifelong fan. How this is perceived by new or occasional supporters is another matter.

I don't imagine people who pay on the day for Pearl st will notice much difference - at £18 most will hand over £20 - just they wont have the hassle of that £2 change rattling around in their pocket from next season!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Season ticket prices on 12:27 - Apr 17 with 3831 viewsaleanddale

Season ticket prices on 11:14 - Apr 17 by tazzydjr

Tazzy you cant complain when you are just about to go abroad for 2 weeks watching an England U21 tournament!!

You may ( or may not ) have Mortgage - Council Tax - Gas - Electric - Water - Home insurance etc bills to worry about as well but the first increase in 5 years was always going to happen.

as someone else put it is about priority and £333 over the year is £6.40 a week.

For what its worth i think the season ticket is still attractive ( especially the early bird ).

With regret i think the club might have ballsed up with a £2 on the day increase.

why not state intention of the rise for season 2016/17. Freeze matchday admission for ONE more season only and give Frances a full 12 months to work some Marketing magic.

Even £1 this season and £1 next would be easier to swallow.

£2 might not sound a lot per match - one less pint a week and all that but still it is not going to help attract the occasional supporter.

I hope I am totally wrong.
Season ticket prices on 12:39 - Apr 17 with 3780 viewstazzydjr

Season ticket prices on 12:27 - Apr 17 by aleanddale

Tazzy you cant complain when you are just about to go abroad for 2 weeks watching an England U21 tournament!!

You may ( or may not ) have Mortgage - Council Tax - Gas - Electric - Water - Home insurance etc bills to worry about as well but the first increase in 5 years was always going to happen.

as someone else put it is about priority and £333 over the year is £6.40 a week.

For what its worth i think the season ticket is still attractive ( especially the early bird ).

With regret i think the club might have ballsed up with a £2 on the day increase.

why not state intention of the rise for season 2016/17. Freeze matchday admission for ONE more season only and give Frances a full 12 months to work some Marketing magic.

£2 might not sound a lot per match - one less pint a week and all that but still it is not going to help attract the occasional supporter.

Valid points but over Summer I'll be promoting The Football Club while in Europe really surprised the club never got behind me on this to be honest, I'm sure they got behind a couple of our Supporters who went World Cup in South Africa wasn't it even on the official site?

It feels like the club i fell in love with as a kid is drifting away from the people who are keeping it from going under

Season ticket prices on 12:47 - Apr 17 with 3735 viewsD_Alien

Season ticket prices on 12:24 - Apr 17 by dingdangblue

I don't imagine people who pay on the day for Pearl st will notice much difference - at £18 most will hand over £20 - just they wont have the hassle of that £2 change rattling around in their pocket from next season!

That's what I was thinking!

I haven't had an ST for a couple of seasons now, and always tried to have £18 in change to hand over because it irritated me waiting 10-15 seconds for the £2 change from a twenty (yep, it's the minor things that get me).

This time, I'm going for the early bird ST. part of my reason for not renewing a couple of years back is I can't always make midweek games, but I' dhave to miss a fair few (7, in fact) to make it uneconomic not to have an ST. I guess I'm in a position to buy one up front which I appreciate everyone isn't, but well done to the club for freezing the early bird prices.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season ticket prices on 12:51 - Apr 17 with 3708 viewsisitme

Season ticket prices on 12:39 - Apr 17 by tazzydjr

Valid points but over Summer I'll be promoting The Football Club while in Europe really surprised the club never got behind me on this to be honest, I'm sure they got behind a couple of our Supporters who went World Cup in South Africa wasn't it even on the official site?

It feels like the club i fell in love with as a kid is drifting away from the people who are keeping it from going under

Tazzy please explain how you are promoting the football club? Do you think that attending under 21 matches over the summer will encourage people to attend Dale classes next season or in the future?
Season ticket prices on 12:55 - Apr 17 with 3680 viewstazzydjr

Season ticket prices on 12:51 - Apr 17 by isitme

Tazzy please explain how you are promoting the football club? Do you think that attending under 21 matches over the summer will encourage people to attend Dale classes next season or in the future?

You'd be very surprised at how many Europeans are looking to explore new places and new football club's

Season ticket prices on 12:55 - Apr 17 with 3680 viewsBartRowou

And the age of the fan who wins back the price of their season ticket will be...

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Season ticket prices on 12:56 - Apr 17 with 3678 viewsDaleiLama

Season ticket prices on 12:27 - Apr 17 by aleanddale

Seems to me that the early bird season ticket offer (frozen price from last season) with the voucher means a net lower price for next season vs. this = a pretty good offer.

Personally, I paid more at Vale, Fleetwood and Deepdale on the day (before any new increases at those clubs for next season) than the new RAFC prices, so comparatively, the new RAFC prices are by no means outrageous and won't deter me - a self confessed floater for numerous practical reasons.

In the context of trying to attract more support to the club, however, this feels like a step in the wrong direction. Increases of 10, 11 & 13% for the Main, Pearl and Sandy are steep in one hit, and although it could be easily argued the quality of football merits the increase, the flip side of that (the grim reality) is that if people don't come and watch at current prices, they sure as hell aren't going to stomach a 10%+ increase and come and watch nest season.

I am beginning to think we gave the job to the wrong person in Frances. Derren Brown might have been a better choice under the circs?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Season ticket prices on 13:09 - Apr 17 with 3649 viewsStudiousDale

Slight change I'd make would be scrap the young persons price and replace it with a student one (and no i'm not a student!).

A person who is 17-21 and in work you can afford to pay an adult's price more than someone who is 22 and a student.

Edit - glad to see the introduction of online ticketing. Will be interested to see what the booking fee if anything, and also I do hope that common sense prevails and we don't have to move towards allocated seating unless the games are going to be sellouts.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2015 13:11]
Season ticket prices on 13:24 - Apr 17 with 3591 viewsfitzochris

Season ticket prices on 12:24 - Apr 17 by dingdangblue

That £2 always goes towards my pie 😀

Seriously though, my point was that I'm mad enough to travel 220 miles to watch a Dale game, so a £2 price rise isn't going to deter me.

But those who only need to travel a mile to attend and either don't, or do so occasionally, won't be any more convinced or incentivised to do so.

As I said though, I knew this was coming eventually and season ticket holders should always be rewarded with the better deals, as they are being.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Season ticket prices on 13:36 - Apr 17 with 3545 views_dezzy

Season ticket prices on 07:47 - Apr 17 by BrighouseDale

I'm wondering how we will use our vouchers for discount on the ST buying this way,

KHBA

Season ticket prices on 13:42 - Apr 17 with 3521 viewsTVOS1907

Season ticket prices on 12:55 - Apr 17 by tazzydjr

You'd be very surprised at how many Europeans are looking to explore new places and new football club's

Go on then, how many?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024