Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Fred - Gillingham away 13:57 - Apr 18 with 22407 viewsChaffRAFC

Teams when they come through.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 21:04 - Apr 18 with 2739 viewsYouTubeDale

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 19:08 - Apr 18 by TalkingSutty

Well that's done and dusted, but away from home he came into his own and posed a massive threat. He was our outlet ball and also scorer of goals. In tight low scoring games away from home when you are trying to hit the home team on the break, Done was your man. Very quick, skilfull and could hit the net.

It was deemed that the offer from Sheffield was too good to turn down and the deal was done. I think it will always be a transfer which is discussed for years to come in relation to the outcome of this particular season,but losing a quality player like Done only weakens your squad, that can't be argued.

It was the decision which defined this season. Keep Done and we make the play-offs. Sell him and we probably just miss out.

People say "stop going on about it, shut up, we have heard it all before", but you are right TS, the sale of Done, in the circumstances, will be talked about for years to come.

For me, a poor decision.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 21:11 - Apr 18 with 2701 viewsnordenblue

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 21:04 - Apr 18 by YouTubeDale

It was the decision which defined this season. Keep Done and we make the play-offs. Sell him and we probably just miss out.

People say "stop going on about it, shut up, we have heard it all before", but you are right TS, the sale of Done, in the circumstances, will be talked about for years to come.

For me, a poor decision.

I'll totally agree with that,with him we had a genuine chance,once sold that reduced to close on nil.
Regardless of his goals,there was far more to his and our game with genuine pace something which we now currently lack.
I agree we do need to sell players but the timing was abysmal
Match Fred - Gillingham away on 21:16 - Apr 18 with 2664 viewsdale_spotland

For me, a poor decision.

'Keep Done and make the play-offs'

Absolutely impossible to say that as fact.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 21:28 - Apr 18 with 2586 viewsfrenzied

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 21:16 - Apr 18 by dale_spotland

Agree completely, all teams seasons are littered with ifs ...buts ..and maybes...for me it was the right decision to let Done go for all concerned,im sure others such as Hendo will be tempted away by bigger fish in league one in the summer.
Match Fred - Gillingham away on 21:49 - Apr 18 with 2475 viewsTalkingSutty

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 21:28 - Apr 18 by frenzied

Agree completely, all teams seasons are littered with ifs ...buts ..and maybes...for me it was the right decision to let Done go for all concerned,im sure others such as Hendo will be tempted away by bigger fish in league one in the summer.

Agree with that(should have kept Done until the end of the season),good players and good managers will always be in demand but once the club decide to sell its perfectly reasonable for supporters to discuss the implications, especially when it's arguably your best player.

Hendersons goal tally will ensure other clubs will now be sniffing around and if they offer the right money recent history tells you what the club will do. For players and managers it's all about the money, it's a precarious occupation and they need to strike while the iron is hot. You can't blame them.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2015 21:52]
Match Fred - Gillingham away on 22:23 - Apr 18 with 2333 viewsdale4ever

Rochdale manager Keith Hill told BBC Radio Manchester:
"I'm not happy with the standard of refereeing. I'm not happy with Andy D'urso's performance today, I'm really disappointed, I'm not disappointed of the way my players have handled themselves.
"I have to suffer now as I believe the referee's had a really bad game and it's probably cost us something from the game. "
"It's a penalty, there's no doubt about it and it's possibly a card, I don't know what colour, but it's definitely penalty."
Match Fred - Gillingham away on 23:06 - Apr 18 with 2205 viewsdingdangblue

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 21:16 - Apr 18 by dale_spotland

Wait till after Tuesday maybe for these arguments? We are still in there - slim - but still a chance.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 23:20 - Apr 18 with 2175 viewszxcvbnm

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 22:23 - Apr 18 by dale4ever

Rochdale manager Keith Hill told BBC Radio Manchester:
"I'm not happy with the standard of refereeing. I'm not happy with Andy D'urso's performance today, I'm really disappointed, I'm not disappointed of the way my players have handled themselves.
"I have to suffer now as I believe the referee's had a really bad game and it's probably cost us something from the game. "
"It's a penalty, there's no doubt about it and it's possibly a card, I don't know what colour, but it's definitely penalty."

Penalty? I can't think of a penalty incident.

Jones might be a harsh red but the linesman gave it not the ref. Strong challenges on Cannon could have led to more. Lund red though was correct.

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Login to get fewer ads

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 23:50 - Apr 18 with 2095 viewsYorkshire_Dale

For me, a poor decision.

If we loose on Tuesday we might have to dig up the matter of the the Frost Covers not been put on when we should have played Orient originally, and our form was pretty good

Here goes.
Match Fred - Gillingham away on 00:18 - Apr 19 with 2032 viewsTVOS1907

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 23:20 - Apr 18 by zxcvbnm

Penalty? I can't think of a penalty incident.

Jones might be a harsh red but the linesman gave it not the ref. Strong challenges on Cannon could have led to more. Lund red though was correct.

I wondered that about the penalty too.

Has anyone mentioned the dreadful back pass (Rose?) that left Jones completely exposed, leading to his red card?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 00:58 - Apr 19 with 1972 viewsdingdangblue

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 00:18 - Apr 19 by TVOS1907

Has anyone mentioned the dreadful back pass (Rose?) that left Jones completely exposed, leading to his red card?

Wasn't it Rafferty?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 01:00 - Apr 19 with 1971 viewslove_the_dale

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 00:18 - Apr 19 by TVOS1907

I got the impression Hill was talking about a challenge on Cannon.

FL Show :-

Yet another goal from a corner or cross.

Back-pass was by TK.

Jones' red probably correct.

Lund's tackle looked ok.

Anyone know how many times Hendo was offside today?

Only opinions.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2015 1:01]
Match Fred - Gillingham away on 01:16 - Apr 19 with 1946 viewsTalkingSutty

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 23:06 - Apr 18 by dingdangblue

Wait till after Tuesday maybe for these arguments? We are still in there - slim - but still a chance.

There's no point in arguing about the Done transfer because it can't be proved either way what would have happened if we hadn't have sold him. Highlight the best player in our team at this current moment and we all know that if the right bid comes in we will sell him, we have always done that because it's our survival blueprint.

I think it's the timing of the Done transfer that causes the most discussion and the possible effect that had on our final league position,not the actual fact we cashed in on him. It's old hat now but I can't help looking back on away results and thinking....what if??

Brandy, RNL, Logan, Bunney, I know we all had a laugh at George's expense but it can be argued that he posed just as much a threat when in the team than those just mentioned and probably had he stayed would have picked up a few goals. It sounds crazy talking about Donnelly again but you always knew he was on the pitch and he brought a certain energy. I miss his antics, he did things on a Football Pitch that you wouldn't think possible. I wouldn't want him back though!!

Hilly's done great this season with the players at his disposal because our attacking prowess in league two was much stronger than what we have seen this season. Last season we had Done, Henderson, Hogan and Vincenti,so at this current moment in time we don't have the quality attacking options we had in league two. Muldoon was a flop and it's a big ask to think one of the kids will make it at league one level from what I have seen (opinion). Let's see what close season brings because a few decent signings should make all the difference.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2015 6:57]
Match Fred - Gillingham away on 06:46 - Apr 19 with 1872 viewsdingdangblue

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 01:16 - Apr 19 by TalkingSutty

There's no point in arguing about the Done transfer because it can't be proved either way what would have happened if we hadn't have sold him. Highlight the best player in our team at this current moment and we all know that if the right bid comes in we will sell him, we have always done that because it's our survival blueprint.

I think it's the timing of the Done transfer that causes the most discussion and the possible effect that had on our final league position,not the actual fact we cashed in on him. It's old hat now but I can't help looking back on away results and thinking....what if??

Brandy, RNL, Logan, Bunney, I know we all had a laugh at George's expense but it can be argued that he posed just as much a threat when in the team than those just mentioned and probably had he stayed would have picked up a few goals. It sounds crazy talking about Donnelly again but you always knew he was on the pitch and he brought a certain energy. I miss his antics, he did things on a Football Pitch that you wouldn't think possible. I wouldn't want him back though!!

Hilly's done great this season with the players at his disposal because our attacking prowess in league two was much stronger than what we have seen this season. Last season we had Done, Henderson, Hogan and Vincenti,so at this current moment in time we don't have the quality attacking options we had in league two. Muldoon was a flop and it's a big ask to think one of the kids will make it at league one level from what I have seen (opinion). Let's see what close season brings because a few decent signings should make all the difference.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2015 6:57]

True we cant say what would have happened to us had he stayed - but we know the impact he had for Sheffield Utd in those 1st few games. He scored 3 or 4 winning goals for them and those now look like being the difference.

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 07:04 - Apr 19 with 1860 viewsfrenzied

At the end of the day the player wanted to take the opportunity..and who wouldn't..if Dale had refused to sell who knows?,...his form and desire may well have dropped...
Match Fred - Gillingham away on 07:32 - Apr 19 with 1838 viewsTalkingSutty

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 07:04 - Apr 19 by frenzied

At the end of the day the player wanted to take the opportunity..and who wouldn't..if Dale had refused to sell who knows?,...his form and desire may well have dropped...

Very true but the best interests of the Club have to come before the players when it comes to transfer dealings. Keeping hold of Done could have resulted in his stock rising and us in a Play Off position.

It's all conjecture and hot air now but selling your leading goal scorer to a rival on transfer deadline would weaken any team, it doesn't matter what we have done since we are weaker.

The blow was softened for me when I listened to the Chairman and it became apparent that promotion to the Championship wasn't on the agenda, an opinion which is also endorsed by some of our supporters.

If that's the general opinion around the club then the sale of Done hasn't really impacted us and the timing of the sale doesn't matter, there's no point competing in the Play Offs if there's no desire to get promotion. Stability in league one and some genuine off field progression is now the way forward.
Match Fred - Gillingham away on 07:55 - Apr 19 with 1816 viewsnordenblue

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 07:32 - Apr 19 by TalkingSutty

Very true but the best interests of the Club have to come before the players when it comes to transfer dealings. Keeping hold of Done could have resulted in his stock rising and us in a Play Off position.

It's all conjecture and hot air now but selling your leading goal scorer to a rival on transfer deadline would weaken any team, it doesn't matter what we have done since we are weaker.

The blow was softened for me when I listened to the Chairman and it became apparent that promotion to the Championship wasn't on the agenda, an opinion which is also endorsed by some of our supporters.

If that's the general opinion around the club then the sale of Done hasn't really impacted us and the timing of the sale doesn't matter, there's no point competing in the Play Offs if there's no desire to get promotion. Stability in league one and some genuine off field progression is now the way forward.

Very good post ts and like it or not folks you're spot on about the chairmans comments,a point i made straight after the transfer and was criticised on here.
League 1 stability is all that matters
Match Fred - Gillingham away on 08:17 - Apr 19 with 1783 viewsTalkingSutty

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 07:55 - Apr 19 by nordenblue

Very good post ts and like it or not folks you're spot on about the chairmans comments,a point i made straight after the transfer and was criticised on here.
League 1 stability is all that matters

I am not criticising Dunphy for his comments during the Radio Manchester interview because I like his honesty, he didn't fanny us with Championship ambitions etc. Fans live to dream when it comes to their Football Club and I suppose the Chairman has to detach himself from those emotions and look at the stark reality of a possible promotion to the Championship and its long term effect on the infrastructure of the club.

Our home supports suggest it's a ludicrous idea to even think we could compete and let's face it the Town shows no appetite when it comes to supporting the team. If they did fancy Championship football how would they react to regular defeats which would be a real possibility?

I think our support base ultimately dictates the level we can realistically compete at and at present we are near to our limit. Plenty of other Clubs would snatch your hand off for the top half of league one.
Match Fred - Gillingham away on 08:19 - Apr 19 with 1775 viewsdingdangblue

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 07:32 - Apr 19 by TalkingSutty

The thing is, the amount of money available to Dale for even one season in the Championship would surely be like winning the lottery ? Something like 2.5 million opposed to 600k which we got for being League One? Even if wages had to be increased for one season its 4 times the money, then factor money we'd get for any individual televised matches and automatic FA Cup 3rd round? Player sales would also command greater fees. What's not to like?

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 08:37 - Apr 19 with 1744 viewsTalkingSutty

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 08:19 - Apr 19 by dingdangblue

The thing is, the amount of money available to Dale for even one season in the Championship would surely be like winning the lottery ? Something like 2.5 million opposed to 600k which we got for being League One? Even if wages had to be increased for one season its 4 times the money, then factor money we'd get for any individual televised matches and automatic FA Cup 3rd round? Player sales would also command greater fees. What's not to like?

I can feel your frustration and have looked at the financial rewards, personally I would have loved it to hear Dunphy and Hill say "sod it, let's make history". Reaching the Championship would have made all the years of suffering worthwhile but I am getting that satisfaction now by being in league one.

If our support had doubled as a result of being in league one and we now had 4000 home fans every game then another promotion could have raised that to 6000 but our home support is decreasing not increasing and away from the pitch the club has stagnated. To ever have ambitions of reaching the Championship we need new, dynamic, ambitious young blood on the board of Directors. People with a real appetite to shake the club from top to bottom and embrace modern technology and business models. That's not having a dig at our current board but they are close to becoming fossils.
Match Fred - Gillingham away on 09:34 - Apr 19 with 1718 viewsTVOS1907

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 00:58 - Apr 19 by dingdangblue

Wasn't it Rafferty?

Don't know. I couldn't remember exactly from the game and haven't yet seen the incident again, which is why I put the question mark.

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 10:15 - Apr 19 with 1672 viewsSimpkinsLeftPeg

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 09:34 - Apr 19 by TVOS1907

Don't know. I couldn't remember exactly from the game and haven't yet seen the incident again, which is why I put the question mark.

It was TK.

It looks like Jones wins the ball. He does come flying out, but the ball changes direction, then he takes Marquis out. Ball won for me.

Same with the Lund challenge, looks like he wins the ball, but the challenge was from a bad angle. Also looks like it may be two footed from the camera angle, to be fair.
Match Fred - Gillingham away on 10:33 - Apr 19 with 1642 viewsYouTubeDale

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 08:37 - Apr 19 by TalkingSutty

I can feel your frustration and have looked at the financial rewards, personally I would have loved it to hear Dunphy and Hill say "sod it, let's make history". Reaching the Championship would have made all the years of suffering worthwhile but I am getting that satisfaction now by being in league one.

If our support had doubled as a result of being in league one and we now had 4000 home fans every game then another promotion could have raised that to 6000 but our home support is decreasing not increasing and away from the pitch the club has stagnated. To ever have ambitions of reaching the Championship we need new, dynamic, ambitious young blood on the board of Directors. People with a real appetite to shake the club from top to bottom and embrace modern technology and business models. That's not having a dig at our current board but they are close to becoming fossils.

Are you going to buy your next year's season ticket ON LINE tomorrow TS ??

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 11:31 - Apr 19 with 1576 viewsTalkingSutty

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 10:33 - Apr 19 by YouTubeDale

Are you going to buy your next year's season ticket ON LINE tomorrow TS ??

Going in person on Tuesday afternoon to also pick up some awards night tickets. Is there a cost involved for purchasing on line? I will use the online ticketing system next season to purchase away tickets as long as there isn't excessive charges involved.
Match Fred - Gillingham away on 12:08 - Apr 19 with 1512 viewsTVOS1907

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 16:34 - Apr 18 by KenBoon

Lillis' distribution is massively underrated. Anyhoo I think Diba should play the rest of the season. He obviously has a big future and he needs games for experience.

Diba is apparently injured, which is one reason why he didn't play v Blackpool in midweek.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024