Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Fred - Gillingham away 13:57 - Apr 18 with 22408 viewsChaffRAFC

Teams when they come through.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 12:23 - Apr 19 with 2250 viewspioneer

perhaps the board should make clear the clubs goals for next season as part of the season ticket drive.

If it is limited to consolidating our position in league 1 say so and we can all go and do something else with our money.

having watched Dale for almost 50 years I want a board who will pull out all stops to make the championship.

We have a management team capable of it, we have the basis of a playing staff which with some strenghthening is capable of it. you cannot pick and choose when you will be succesful.
Match Fred - Gillingham away on 14:02 - Apr 19 with 2129 viewsdingdangblue

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 20:43 - Apr 18 by dingdangblue

And another thing, the type of injury and operation he had had - the last thing he should be doing on his 1st game back is jumping into tackles and landing/ putting pressure on his shoulder.

Would like to retract this after seeing the incident a good few times now on telly. No way a red, doesn't dive in, isn't out of control, has one leg standing at all times and tackles with his other. He only goes to ground after the tackle. Doesn't endanger either himself or the opposition player. If we don't win this appeal - we never will win one.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 16:03 - Apr 19 with 2030 viewsirisaln

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 12:23 - Apr 19 by pioneer

perhaps the board should make clear the clubs goals for next season as part of the season ticket drive.

If it is limited to consolidating our position in league 1 say so and we can all go and do something else with our money.

having watched Dale for almost 50 years I want a board who will pull out all stops to make the championship.

We have a management team capable of it, we have the basis of a playing staff which with some strenghthening is capable of it. you cannot pick and choose when you will be succesful.

Well posted sir!

I agree with what you say.

What are the clubs targets for next season?

We should be told and only then will we decide if we want a season ticket!

As you say you can't pick and chose when to go for promotion. It's a funny old game.
Match Fred - Gillingham away on 16:20 - Apr 19 with 2006 viewsD_Alien

I really don't recall anyone demanding to know what the club's targets were for the next season before buying a ST during the 1970's, 1980's, 1990's or indeed 2000's

What's changed? That we're just a damned sight more successful nowadays?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 16:23 - Apr 19 with 1996 viewsD_Dale

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 14:02 - Apr 19 by dingdangblue

Would like to retract this after seeing the incident a good few times now on telly. No way a red, doesn't dive in, isn't out of control, has one leg standing at all times and tackles with his other. He only goes to ground after the tackle. Doesn't endanger either himself or the opposition player. If we don't win this appeal - we never will win one.

I can't agree. Both tackles sent the Gills' players a yard in the air and they hit the ground writhing (little acting involved?). Lund's tackle also looked to come from behind. The backpass was awful and unnecessary (and makes me think TK won't be a Dale player next season).
Match Fred - Gillingham away on 16:30 - Apr 19 with 1971 viewstazzydjr

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 16:23 - Apr 19 by D_Dale

I can't agree. Both tackles sent the Gills' players a yard in the air and they hit the ground writhing (little acting involved?). Lund's tackle also looked to come from behind. The backpass was awful and unnecessary (and makes me think TK won't be a Dale player next season).

Which means it'll be pointless wasting money on appeals for them to be rescinded with 3 Matches remaining i hope we field a youthful side against the O's on Tuesday
[Post edited 19 Apr 2015 16:31]

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 18:06 - Apr 19 with 1850 viewsfermin

Having seen both tackles again, I think the poster who said that our players shouldn't have given the referee an opportunity to make decision (especially after what he had already done) was correct.

I can see why he gave both red cards. For the Jones one the ball was about 2 foot in the air and both players went for it and got there at about the same time. Unfortunately Jones was almost horizontal at the time so it was a bit reckless. The Gillingham player was slightly off balance so catching his front forward sent him further off balance hence the (natural) tumble. Really the ball was not that easy for him to control so Jones should really have just tried to block him with his body and shepherd him out to give the other Dale players time to get back and help.

For the Lund one, it was not a two-footed challenge. It was a sliding challenge in which, again, he more or less got the ball and the man at the same time. A similar challenge from the front would have been a reasonable tackle (maybe a yellow). I am not sure about the wording of the laws so I presume the fact that it was from behind made it more dangerous and was what got him sent off. Again a pointless challenge in that part of the pitch given that their player was moving towards his own goal.

I think we need to see the challenges on Cannon again to see how even-handed the ref was, but I do not suppose that will be possible.

Anyway I though it was very sporting of the Gillingham players to stop their tag team assaults on Cannon after we went down to nine men. It was also very sporting of them to play as if they had nine men as well. I have often seen games where it has been difficult to tell which team has the extra man or where the team with ten has held out resolutely, but I did not think I would see it with nine. We were not exactly hanging on with nine when, in fact we did most of the attacking and often had plenty of time and space while they were time wasting and taking the ball into the corner to wind down the clock. Quite an easy game for Lillis really.

Good experience for Cannon who played well despite the treatment meted out to him on and off the pitch. Not sure what we were doing in the first half, which wasn't great from either side. However, in the second half we were much better. Quite embarassing for Gilligham to be playing for a 1-0 against nine men. Can't believe we have only taken one point from them this season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024