Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Red cards 01:03 - Apr 19 with 4493 viewsdingdangblue

Never in a million years! Just seen Football League Show. Jones was trying to get the ball - clumsy but not malicious in any way - just a little late - as for Lund? Not even remotely 2 footed? You can clearly see one of his legs bent underneath him - yellow all day long.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Red cards on 06:54 - Apr 19 with 4383 viewsfrenzied

thought the jones one was deffo red card came out feet first and raised..the Lund one..yellow
Red cards on 08:06 - Apr 19 with 4319 viewsdingdangblue

Red cards on 06:54 - Apr 19 by frenzied

thought the jones one was deffo red card came out feet first and raised..the Lund one..yellow

The awful backpass put Jones in all sorts of trouble , he had to come with his feet as he was ouside the box, I don't like seeing anyone sent off - sometimes it just seems some refs flash their cards and think afterwards and don't really care about the consequences of sending 2 off .

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Red cards on 08:51 - Apr 19 with 4232 viewsmacro

Disagree Lund was still a red card you can't go in studs up whether it's one footed or two.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2015 8:52]
Red cards on 09:03 - Apr 19 with 4185 viewsColDale

Purely on the FLS footage, can understand why Jones got a red (tho surely their attacker's foot was as high as Jones') but the Lund one looks a million miles off a red. Not sure I'd even be appealing for a red had an opposition player made the same challenge.
Red cards on 09:08 - Apr 19 with 4165 viewsmacro

The fls footage is one angle and from that angle it does look dubious but it was a horrendous challenge and studs were raised which means now - red card
Red cards on 09:14 - Apr 19 with 4144 viewsdingdangblue

Red cards on 09:08 - Apr 19 by macro

The fls footage is one angle and from that angle it does look dubious but it was a horrendous challenge and studs were raised which means now - red card

Seen worse not given as red.

Red cards on 09:18 - Apr 19 with 4131 viewsmacro

Red cards on 09:14 - Apr 19 by dingdangblue

Seen worse not given as red.

Mirallis for Everton yesterday was a worse challenge which got a yellow but players know the rules - tackle with studs up and the ref sees - red card
Red cards on 10:16 - Apr 19 with 4024 viewsR17ALE

Red cards on 09:03 - Apr 19 by ColDale

Purely on the FLS footage, can understand why Jones got a red (tho surely their attacker's foot was as high as Jones') but the Lund one looks a million miles off a red. Not sure I'd even be appealing for a red had an opposition player made the same challenge.

At the time I thought it was a rash challenge worthy of a booking. I was astonished when the ref brandished a red card.

My ire was calmed when Macro told me after the game he'd leapt in two footed, studs up from behind etc.

Not seen it since, but I'm going with my hunch at the time. Besides which, the tackle was certainly no worse than 3 or 4 disgraceful tackles on Andy Cannon, of which only one attracted a yellow card.

Another shit, inconsistent ref.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Login to get fewer ads

Red cards on 16:35 - Apr 19 with 3669 viewsD_Dale

Red cards on 10:16 - Apr 19 by R17ALE

At the time I thought it was a rash challenge worthy of a booking. I was astonished when the ref brandished a red card.

My ire was calmed when Macro told me after the game he'd leapt in two footed, studs up from behind etc.

Not seen it since, but I'm going with my hunch at the time. Besides which, the tackle was certainly no worse than 3 or 4 disgraceful tackles on Andy Cannon, of which only one attracted a yellow card.

Another shit, inconsistent ref.

Can't understand why Kennedy, himself not under much pressure, put Jones in such a spot - but his tackle looked to take out the Gills' player. Lund's tackle, which also left the opponent rolling on the ground, looked to come from behind. Waste of money to appeal either decision.
Red cards on 19:31 - Apr 19 with 3405 viewsdingdangblue

Red cards on 16:35 - Apr 19 by D_Dale

Can't understand why Kennedy, himself not under much pressure, put Jones in such a spot - but his tackle looked to take out the Gills' player. Lund's tackle, which also left the opponent rolling on the ground, looked to come from behind. Waste of money to appeal either decision.

A tackle from behind isn't an automatic red?

Red cards on 20:00 - Apr 19 with 3318 viewsAtThePeake

Red cards on 19:31 - Apr 19 by dingdangblue

A tackle from behind isn't an automatic red?

As far as I'm aware, this did actually be the law, but they changed the wording of it.

"A tackle, which endangers the safety of an opponent, must be sanctioned as serious foul play" is now the official wording. As far as I'm aware, this means that if a tackle from behind comes when it's not obvious to the player in possession that the challenge is coming, then it is endangering the safety of an opponent. For me, Lund's tackle fits that description.

Both red cards in my book.

However, the challenge that saw Loft get a yellow card though was one of the worst I've seen in a few years. He was visibly laughing with relief when the ref showed a yellow. To only book him for that tackle, and then send Lund off for his, was absolutely aberrational refereeing.

There was a couple of less important but equally poor decisions made by D'Urso. One instance saw Andrew running onto a bouncing long ball over the top. He was running parallel with the Gills defender, who tried to execute a diving header, missed the ball and fell to the floor. Andrew never touched him - free kick given.

There was also a corner given at the opposite end of the pitch when Dack had quite clearly kicked the ball against his own face and out for a goal kick. All 20 outfield players on the pitch had begun to set up for a goal kick before D'Urso and his linesman decided on a corner, much to the amusement of the Gillingham fans in that stand.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2015 20:01]

Tangled up in blue.

Red cards on 20:32 - Apr 19 with 3229 viewsdingdangblue

I think another thing that shows you it was a harsh red is the reaction of the players after the tackle. Usually if its a bad one with the risk of a red card you'll get a load if players crowding around the ref almost pleading with him not to produce the red card. No one goes anywhere near him . Then you can see the disbelief of a few afterwards with their heads in their hands.

Red cards on 22:07 - Apr 19 with 3093 viewsmacro

Sorry ddb but you're wrong. Red cards correct. There wasn't any complaining from the players for the Lund red because they knew it was a red.
Red cards on 22:11 - Apr 19 with 3074 viewsR17ALE

Red cards on 20:32 - Apr 19 by dingdangblue

I think another thing that shows you it was a harsh red is the reaction of the players after the tackle. Usually if its a bad one with the risk of a red card you'll get a load if players crowding around the ref almost pleading with him not to produce the red card. No one goes anywhere near him . Then you can see the disbelief of a few afterwards with their heads in their hands.

Also, consider the reaction of the home fans. When the ref is reaching for his cards and there's a chance of a red, fans instinctively chant "off, off, off". It's in our dna.

No Gills fans were chanting this as the ref approached Lund. (as they did for Jones).

It's akin to: Ask yourself, when was the last time you saw a penalty awarded for handball when the crowd didn't shout "handball"?

Crowd reaction for me sums up an "ask the audience" answer fairly accurately.

Eg: If the Spotland main stand liner calls Hendo off-side and you think it isn't, watch the main standers who are usually a really good barometer of the linesman's abilities!
[Post edited 19 Apr 2015 22:12]

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Red cards on 22:33 - Apr 19 with 3026 viewsTVOS1907

Red cards on 22:11 - Apr 19 by R17ALE

Also, consider the reaction of the home fans. When the ref is reaching for his cards and there's a chance of a red, fans instinctively chant "off, off, off". It's in our dna.

No Gills fans were chanting this as the ref approached Lund. (as they did for Jones).

It's akin to: Ask yourself, when was the last time you saw a penalty awarded for handball when the crowd didn't shout "handball"?

Eg: If the Spotland main stand liner calls Hendo off-side and you think it isn't, watch the main standers who are usually a really good barometer of the linesman's abilities!

Tbf, the Gills fans were too busy booing Cannon to shout anything else.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Red cards on 00:52 - Apr 20 with 2914 viewsdingdangblue

Red cards on 22:07 - Apr 19 by macro

Sorry ddb but you're wrong. Red cards correct. There wasn't any complaining from the players for the Lund red because they knew it was a red.

No they didn't.

Red cards on 07:21 - Apr 20 with 2817 viewsAtThePeake

Red cards on 22:11 - Apr 19 by R17ALE

And like our fans did for the Loft challenge.

I wouldn't judge anything from the main stander's reactions though, I'll jump up and berate a liner for anything!

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024