Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2015/16 new kit 08:49 - Apr 25 with 25362 views442Dale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/errea-revealed-as-new-kit-supplier-242

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

2015/16 new kit on 10:39 - Apr 26 with 4772 views442Dale

2015/16 new kit on 10:35 - Apr 26 by KenBoon

The fans were responsible for the infamous 'Dale til I die' shirt, so democracy when it comes to selecting kits isn't the best idea. The REAL issue with kits is they now change every year. It's just another way for clubs to cash in on the good old loyal supporter.

The Uhlsport one with the round neck? Can't remember fans being involved in that one, but could be wrong. It was a poor kit though.

2015/16 new kit on 10:46 - Apr 26 with 4753 viewsmacro

The hysteria on here regarding kits is counter productive. All it does is put the club off consulting the fans. Go through the trust ask them to bring it up. I'd imagine rochdale sell the same total of kits regardless anyway during a season. As someone else posted, this seasons git was disliked but it still sold out as will this one
2015/16 new kit on 11:29 - Apr 26 with 4687 views442Dale

2015/16 new kit on 10:46 - Apr 26 by macro

The hysteria on here regarding kits is counter productive. All it does is put the club off consulting the fans. Go through the trust ask them to bring it up. I'd imagine rochdale sell the same total of kits regardless anyway during a season. As someone else posted, this seasons git was disliked but it still sold out as will this one

It was brought up at the Trust AGM in October 2013. Mentioned again last summer to them - see the link to the thread on page 4 and has been put to them again yesterday. They will discuss it at their next meeting. I can't see why any constructive criticism and advice on how things could be improved would put off any football club from using feedback from their supporters. It's about identifying valid points, using them and moving forward.

As that thread on page 4 illustrates, there were differing opinions on last year's kit. It certainly wasn't disliked by the majority and I doubt this year's is either, but there are obviously strong views from customers who the club would hope will buy the kits.

It would be interesting to see the sales figure for shirts for the last few years and especially a breakdown of when sales take place. eg. How many are sold at full price and how many later on in the season when reductions are made? If the first figure can be improved to the benefit of the club's finances then any help to achieve this would surely be welcome.

2015/16 new kit on 13:55 - Apr 26 with 4621 viewsTVOS1907

2015/16 new kit on 10:35 - Apr 26 by KenBoon

The fans were responsible for the infamous 'Dale til I die' shirt, so democracy when it comes to selecting kits isn't the best idea. The REAL issue with kits is they now change every year. It's just another way for clubs to cash in on the good old loyal supporter.

I wondered about this, as I think the final kit produced for 2004/05 wasn't exactly what the fans chose, so I've been through my TVOS files and found the following articles from Richard Wild in Commercial News:

TVOS v York, 28/12/03

NEW HOME KIT

I’m sure it won’t have escaped the attentions of our supporters that next season is due to see the launch of a new home kit. The current black and fluorescent away kit will remain in place for the duration of the 2004/05 campaign and judging by the sales figures, it has proved extremely popular.

Once again the launch of a new kit will see supporters heavily involved in the design process. This will not be in the form of a competition, as explained recently, but since my last programme notes a lot of work has been done behind the scenes.

The launch of the Supporters Trust, which may or may not have been officially confirmed by now, has given the club an official body of supporters with which to consult. In actual fact the vast majority of the committee forming the trust have been involved in the kit deciding process before, so it will come as nothing new. Following a meeting a couple of weeks ago the club and the trust have made the following decisions.

Both parties feel it is extremely important that supporters are heavily involved in the entire process of producing a new kit. Obviously certain aspects of the process have to be done without consultation but seeing as though all employees in the Commercial Department are fans anyway, this fact perhaps contradicts itself.

The new home kit will be worn in the final home game of the season on 1st May when Southend United are the visitors. Replica shirts will naturally be available to buy in the Club Shop that weekend.

To decide what the new strip will look like the Commercial Department have been in discussions with our supplier to produce six mock kits. These will cover a wide range of designs but will of course all be blue and white. We have asked that the designs each have their own identity and I’m sure they will all attract admirers for different reasons. Kits with both white and blue shorts will be on display.

All six kits will be on show when the Supporters Trust has its official launch night, which if everything goes to plan will be 22nd January. On this night supporters will have the opportunity to air their views on the kits, but a vast majority of major decisions regarding them will be made on the night. The thinking behind this is that the sooner we start the manufacturing process, the less opportunity there is to encounter a problem.

Our contract with kit manufacturers Uhlsport, who grant the license to produce our kit and don’t make it directly, only has one year to run. Bearing this in mind the club cannot guarantee that following the expiry of this contract the kit will not change again. In the past all new kits have been given a two-year lifespan but obviously if our kit contractor changes, the new suppliers will want to produce a kit of their own.

Blue shorts or white shorts?
V-Neck or round collar?
Green in the kit?
You decide!

Thursday 22nd January — Be There!

TVOS v Mansfield, 7/2/04

KIT UPDATE

Everyone who attended the launch of the Supporters Trust a couple of weeks ago will have seen six sample kits on display. Fans were asked to pass comment on these kits regarding whether they would like to see any of them as next season’s home strip.

Over two-thirds of fans present at the launch voted on the kits, with each one on show receiving at least 10% of the votes. Various suggestions were made to club staff in attendance on the night and a final decision on the kit will be made very shortly.

A lot of people need to be consulted on which kit is chosen to be worn during the 2004/05 season. Whilst supporters input is vital, as they are ultimately the people who buy the kit, club sponsors Keytech and the players and management team also have a big say on what kit we choose.

All six sample shirts are now on display in the Club Shop and have been since the launch night, should supporters wish to see them. The Commercial Department doesn’t want to discriminate against any supporters, so if you have an opinion to express, then please mention it to a member of staff in the shop today.

The official website has been running a poll recently to see how fans would like the entire kit to be made up and a strip consisting of a blue shirt, blue shorts and blue socks polled 32.6% of the vote. The final result read as follows:

Blue shirt with blue shorts and blue socks 32.6%
Black and white shirt 28.6%
Blue shirt with white shorts and blue socks 21.2%
Blue shirt with white shorts and white socks 12.1%
White shirt with blue shorts and blue socks 5.5%

Bearing in mind the results of this poll, the club can confirm that the kit will be made up of a blue shirt with blue shorts and blue socks. The away strip of black and fluorescent yellow will remain in place for a second consecutive season, whilst a new goalkeeper kit will also be introduced after discussions with messrs Edwards and Gilks.

TVOS v Leyton Orient, 17/4/04

NEW KIT

The new kits for next season will be on sale in the Club Shop from 9am on Saturday 1st May. We are introducing a new home kit and goalkeeping kit but supporters should be aware that due to the club’s contract with Uhlsport expiring at the end of next season, the kits may only be in place for one season as opposed to the traditional two years.

At the time of going to press, we were still waiting for a final sample to be approved but by the time you read these notes a sample could well be on display in the Club Shop. The shirt ultimately chosen by the club has a round neck with the club crest on the left breast, and is predominantly all blue in its design. It will be accompanied by blue shorts and blue socks.

The goalkeeping kit has been chosen in conjunction with Neil Edwards and Matthew Gilks and the designs you can see below are identical to how they will appear in real life. The silver and grey jersey will act as the first choice shirt, with the yellow jersey acting as back-up as and when needed. The socks for this kit will be of a hooped design. Once again a final sample is due in the shop any day

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

2015/16 new kit on 15:42 - Apr 26 with 4545 views442Dale

Interesting all that, TVOS. Especially the detail the club went to explaining the process at various stages and the use of polls around colours (look how close we were to having black & white earlier than the Centenary!). I wasn't a fan of that shirt, mainly because of the collar as seen on McEvilly so it would be interesting to hear if there were issues around the manufacturing once the design was chosen.

2015/16 new kit on 11:35 - Apr 27 with 4400 viewsdeezel

Outwith the shirt colour issue...what about the price of infant size shirts - £30!

It's not just at dAle but the same with mosts clubs

Considering there's no VAT on childrens clothes the net take is £30, the net takings on an adult shirt is £33.34. What proportion of material is used in making an infant shirt compared to a XL or XXL shirt which are popular with most fans (especially users of the Wilbutts Lane chippy)

I reckon most parents could get a decent amount of kids clothes for £30
2015/16 new kit on 11:38 - Apr 27 with 4397 viewsfitzochris

2015/16 new kit on 11:35 - Apr 27 by deezel

Outwith the shirt colour issue...what about the price of infant size shirts - £30!

It's not just at dAle but the same with mosts clubs

Considering there's no VAT on childrens clothes the net take is £30, the net takings on an adult shirt is £33.34. What proportion of material is used in making an infant shirt compared to a XL or XXL shirt which are popular with most fans (especially users of the Wilbutts Lane chippy)

I reckon most parents could get a decent amount of kids clothes for £30

I have to admit, my eyes watered at that price tag too.

I still bought one for my lad (and got a large long-sleeved one for myself) but I would've been hoping at around the £20 mark tops for a size SB.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

2015/16 new kit on 18:25 - Apr 27 with 4254 views442Dale

The club should receive a lot of plaudits for the event they put on to launch the kit. It looked to have been received very well.

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/dale-kit-launch-event-a-hit-2426699.as

Login to get fewer ads

2015/16 new kit on 19:18 - Apr 27 with 4196 viewsfitzochris

2015/16 new kit on 18:25 - Apr 27 by 442Dale

The club should receive a lot of plaudits for the event they put on to launch the kit. It looked to have been received very well.

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/dale-kit-launch-event-a-hit-2426699.as

The event was great. We were all stood outside in the pissing rain and Hilly ushered us into the club shop so we could watch the ribbon being cut from the inside and keep dry.

Hilly, Beech, Dawson, Lund et al then couldn't do enough for supporters wanting to chat, pose for photos, get things signed etc, which was especially good for the kids present.

For the fans to get that kind of access to the manager and players just adds to the community feel of the club.

A big thumbs up.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

2015/16 new kit on 19:33 - Apr 27 with 4160 views442Dale

2015/16 new kit on 19:18 - Apr 27 by fitzochris

The event was great. We were all stood outside in the pissing rain and Hilly ushered us into the club shop so we could watch the ribbon being cut from the inside and keep dry.

Hilly, Beech, Dawson, Lund et al then couldn't do enough for supporters wanting to chat, pose for photos, get things signed etc, which was especially good for the kids present.

For the fans to get that kind of access to the manager and players just adds to the community feel of the club.

A big thumbs up.

Top stuff. Such a simple idea and with so many benefits.

2015/16 new kit on 19:36 - Apr 27 with 4149 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

When will it be available to buy online?
2015/16 new kit on 19:36 - Apr 27 with 4147 views442Dale

2015/16 new kit on 19:36 - Apr 27 by Albert_Whitehurst

When will it be available to buy online?

It's not already?

2015/16 new kit on 15:52 - Apr 28 with 3955 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

2015/16 new kit on 19:36 - Apr 27 by 442Dale

It's not already?

Nada http://shop.rochdaleafc.co.uk/rafcshop/

No pics, no merchandise.
2015/16 new kit on 18:11 - Apr 30 with 3826 views442Dale

2015/16 new kit on 15:52 - Apr 28 by Albert_Whitehurst

Nada http://shop.rochdaleafc.co.uk/rafcshop/

No pics, no merchandise.

Info on new online shop:

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/new-online-shop-2431982.aspx

Sounds like a good addition to the welcome introduction of the online ticket site.

2015/16 new kit on 17:56 - May 3 with 3699 views442Dale

So, after this weekend's results, what are we wearing at Wigan and Colchester next season?

2015/16 new kit on 18:01 - May 3 with 3677 viewsSalwaDale

2015/16 new kit on 17:56 - May 3 by 442Dale

So, after this weekend's results, what are we wearing at Wigan and Colchester next season?

Skins.

TBBT

2015/16 new kit on 18:10 - May 3 with 3644 views442Dale

2015/16 new kit on 18:01 - May 3 by SalwaDale

Skins.

Which series?

2015/16 new kit on 19:07 - May 3 with 3595 viewsdingdangblue

Purple?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

2015/16 new kit on 08:19 - May 4 with 3499 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

2015/16 new kit on 18:11 - Apr 30 by 442Dale

Info on new online shop:

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/new-online-shop-2431982.aspx

Sounds like a good addition to the welcome introduction of the online ticket site.

It's good that is coming. Launching a new shirt and not having any online availability at present is a curious strategy.
2015/16 new kit on 18:13 - May 9 with 3350 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

How long does it take to get merchandise on a website? Nothing available at all.

Will be picking up a Hornets shirt instead. For all the slating they get here...at least you can buy a shirt online.
2015/16 new kit on 10:27 - May 28 with 3138 views442Dale

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/English_Football_League/season/2015-2016/league-

Their review:

"I suspect I'm not alone in missing the blue/black striped shirts worn by 'Dale since 2008 and now black is definitively dropped from the pallette for the first kit. By Errea's standards these are rather pedestrian designs but at least the change kit evokes the outfit worn in the 1960s before blue shirts returned to favour."
[Post edited 28 May 2015 10:28]

2015/16 new kit on 12:17 - May 28 with 3042 viewsdingdangblue

Biffo's

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

2015/16 new kit on 12:46 - May 28 with 2981 views442Dale

I've stuck it in the other teams' kits thread, DDB. My fault for creating a THREAD CLASH when finding that review of our kit.

2015/16 new kit on 13:38 - May 28 with 2907 viewstazzydjr

I wouldn't put it past them to use 16 of the goalkeeping strips from them matches against pie eaters and joey essex's fan club

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

2015/16 new kit on 15:24 - May 28 with 2826 viewsdingdangblue

2015/16 new kit on 12:46 - May 28 by 442Dale

I've stuck it in the other teams' kits thread, DDB. My fault for creating a THREAD CLASH when finding that review of our kit.

I wondered what had happened. Just noticed Id posted it here my mistake.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024