Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2015/16 new kit 08:49 - Apr 25 with 25682 views442Dale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/errea-revealed-as-new-kit-supplier-242

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

2015/16 new kit on 19:24 - May 28 with 3347 viewsShun

2015/16 new kit on 10:27 - May 28 by 442Dale

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/English_Football_League/season/2015-2016/league-

Their review:

"I suspect I'm not alone in missing the blue/black striped shirts worn by 'Dale since 2008 and now black is definitively dropped from the pallette for the first kit. By Errea's standards these are rather pedestrian designs but at least the change kit evokes the outfit worn in the 1960s before blue shirts returned to favour."
[Post edited 28 May 2015 10:28]

He definitely isn't alone.
2015/16 new kit on 19:02 - Jun 15 with 3100 views442Dale

2015/16 new kit on 11:13 - Apr 25 by 442Dale

I sent an email to the Trust including the following questions:

After the reaction to the launch of the new kit, could the Trust ask the club what the process was in choosing this particular design, why they didn't consult supporters and why they've chosen not to include black in the home shirt? As the 'blue & black' brand was unique to Dale, why have we not continued to capitalise on this and revert back to blue & white again? 

Also could the Trust, on behalf of its members and supporters please ensure that fans play some part in the future when choosing the kits their team wear?

----------

Received a prompt reply which was great, they will discuss it at their next meeting. Asked for a reply to be put on the Trust website, so hopefully the issues will be looked at so that fans get a better appreciation of the situation and are more involved in the future.

There was some decent promotion of the kit on the OS and Twitter amongst the plethora of stories that came out today, interestingly this led to a Dale fan asking on Twitter whether there had been an explanation as to why we had moved away from the blue & black identity.

As an update to the post above from back in April: I chased this up with Trust last week and they will still discuss it at their next meeting (May's was postponed), so hopefully some of the points raised by various fans in this thread can be addressed.

2015/16 new kit on 19:08 - Jun 15 with 3084 viewsfunkkk

2015/16 new kit on 19:02 - Jun 15 by 442Dale

There was some decent promotion of the kit on the OS and Twitter amongst the plethora of stories that came out today, interestingly this led to a Dale fan asking on Twitter whether there had been an explanation as to why we had moved away from the blue & black identity.

As an update to the post above from back in April: I chased this up with Trust last week and they will still discuss it at their next meeting (May's was postponed), so hopefully some of the points raised by various fans in this thread can be addressed.

Has the online club shop opened yet?!
2015/16 new kit on 19:10 - Jun 15 with 3075 views442Dale

2015/16 new kit on 19:08 - Jun 15 by funkkk

Has the online club shop opened yet?!

Details here:

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/look-the-part-with-a-2015-16-replica-s

2015/16 new kit on 19:18 - Jun 15 with 3047 viewsShun

2015/16 new kit on 19:02 - Jun 15 by 442Dale

Good.

Thank you.
2015/16 new kit on 19:36 - Jun 15 with 3016 views442Dale

2015/16 new kit on 19:18 - Jun 15 by Shun

Good.

Thank you.

No problem.

Though I would say that while I have no problem with collating supporters views & questions and sending them into the Trust (the feedback from both fans and the Trust when I've spoken to them has been positive around this process), their effectiveness in the past as an organisation that represents Dale fans illustrates the benefits of becoming a member and asking them yourself.

In recent months we've seen the Trust get answers to members/supporters questions from the club on things such as the use of pitch covers, FA Cup ticketing and a myriad of other subjects, see the links below:

http://daletrust.com/news/?p=2072

http://daletrust.com/news/?p=2098

You may already be a member of course, Shun. If not, it's a great reason to join.

2015/16 new kit on 16:28 - Jun 17 with 2845 viewsSalwaDale

2015/16 new kit on 19:36 - Jun 15 by 442Dale

No problem.

Though I would say that while I have no problem with collating supporters views & questions and sending them into the Trust (the feedback from both fans and the Trust when I've spoken to them has been positive around this process), their effectiveness in the past as an organisation that represents Dale fans illustrates the benefits of becoming a member and asking them yourself.

In recent months we've seen the Trust get answers to members/supporters questions from the club on things such as the use of pitch covers, FA Cup ticketing and a myriad of other subjects, see the links below:

http://daletrust.com/news/?p=2072

http://daletrust.com/news/?p=2098

You may already be a member of course, Shun. If not, it's a great reason to join.

Have we had any answers on any of the kit questions, seemed to be no reply to thequestion asked on Twitter.

TBBT

2015/16 new kit on 18:28 - Jun 17 with 2781 views442Dale

2015/16 new kit on 16:28 - Jun 17 by SalwaDale

Have we had any answers on any of the kit questions, seemed to be no reply to thequestion asked on Twitter.

I followed it up with the Trust as there wasn't a mention about it in the report of the meeting that was online yesterday evening.

Some of the initial concerns and queries raised on here by supporters in April (which were covered in the above questions being sent to the Trust) were brought up at their meeting on Monday. One of the club's representatives on the Trust board wasn't at the meeting, so it has been passed to them for a comment from the club.

As they mentioned in the report from the meeting, the Trust work hard to ensure they are a strong voice for supporters and it's good that members can benefit from their links with club. This is especially apparent on subjects like this when considering the strength of feeling illustrated by not only the comments in this thread, but the results of the poll on this messageboard after the new kit was launched.

As posted previously, the initial correspondence requested that any response be posted on the Trust site so that all the supporters who have raised similar issues can read it. It will also serve to give another example of why Dale fans should join the Trust and send their own questions in.

Login to get fewer ads

2015/16 new kit on 10:40 - Jun 27 with 2581 views442Dale

Noticed this appeared on twitter:

White socks? If so, it'll be the first time we've ever worn them with blue shirts & shorts without a third colour being present in the strip. The only other three seasons we've worn blue/blue/white have been when we had the Stockport-esque shirt with red arrows/flecks (not Robert) all over it.

In the two decades since we wore that kit we have worn white socks on three (I think) occasions in home games. If anyone can get all three, I'll bow to their kit geekery.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2015 10:47]

2015/16 new kit on 11:59 - Jun 27 with 2517 viewsTVOS1907

2015/16 new kit on 10:40 - Jun 27 by 442Dale

Noticed this appeared on twitter:

White socks? If so, it'll be the first time we've ever worn them with blue shirts & shorts without a third colour being present in the strip. The only other three seasons we've worn blue/blue/white have been when we had the Stockport-esque shirt with red arrows/flecks (not Robert) all over it.

In the two decades since we wore that kit we have worn white socks on three (I think) occasions in home games. If anyone can get all three, I'll bow to their kit geekery.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2015 10:47]

Did the players choose white socks?

Anyway, there was a friendly v Stockport, or someone like that, in 2008 and a game or two in the Centenary season, IIRC.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

2015/16 new kit on 12:08 - Jun 27 with 2511 views442Dale

2015/16 new kit on 11:59 - Jun 27 by TVOS1907

Did the players choose white socks?

Anyway, there was a friendly v Stockport, or someone like that, in 2008 and a game or two in the Centenary season, IIRC.

Stockport was one. Also the team picture that season in the Nike blue&black stripes saw the team all wearing white socks.

You may be right that there was another game in the Centenary season, but the one I'm thinking of is Wycombe at home when we wore white socks with the black&white kit after winning the week before at Bradford in the same outfit. Not that it was superstitious or anything.

The last game in my three is quite recent.

2015/16 new kit on 12:15 - Jun 27 with 2499 viewsColDale

2015/16 new kit on 12:08 - Jun 27 by 442Dale

Stockport was one. Also the team picture that season in the Nike blue&black stripes saw the team all wearing white socks.

You may be right that there was another game in the Centenary season, but the one I'm thinking of is Wycombe at home when we wore white socks with the black&white kit after winning the week before at Bradford in the same outfit. Not that it was superstitious or anything.

The last game in my three is quite recent.

Sheff Wednesday in the cup? (whoops not blue shirts edit)

This post has been edited by an administrator
2015/16 new kit on 12:42 - Jun 27 with 2472 views442Dale

2015/16 new kit on 12:15 - Jun 27 by ColDale

Sheff Wednesday in the cup? (whoops not blue shirts edit)

This post has been edited by an administrator

No, that's correct. It was a specific socks question. I've got thousands...

2015/16 new kit on 14:30 - Jun 27 with 2422 viewsTVOS1907

2015/16 new kit on 12:42 - Jun 27 by 442Dale

No, that's correct. It was a specific socks question. I've got thousands...

Presumably an even number...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

2015/16 new kit on 23:42 - Jul 14 with 2139 viewsTalkingSutty

2015/16 new kit on 18:28 - Jun 17 by 442Dale

I followed it up with the Trust as there wasn't a mention about it in the report of the meeting that was online yesterday evening.

Some of the initial concerns and queries raised on here by supporters in April (which were covered in the above questions being sent to the Trust) were brought up at their meeting on Monday. One of the club's representatives on the Trust board wasn't at the meeting, so it has been passed to them for a comment from the club.

As they mentioned in the report from the meeting, the Trust work hard to ensure they are a strong voice for supporters and it's good that members can benefit from their links with club. This is especially apparent on subjects like this when considering the strength of feeling illustrated by not only the comments in this thread, but the results of the poll on this messageboard after the new kit was launched.

As posted previously, the initial correspondence requested that any response be posted on the Trust site so that all the supporters who have raised similar issues can read it. It will also serve to give another example of why Dale fans should join the Trust and send their own questions in.

Any news on the questions sent to the club from fans via the trust? Apologies if they have already been posted.

Played well tonight but I wasnt very struck with the White away kit, others might like it though.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2015 23:44]
2015/16 new kit on 00:12 - Jul 15 with 2098 views442Dale

2015/16 new kit on 23:42 - Jul 14 by TalkingSutty

Any news on the questions sent to the club from fans via the trust? Apologies if they have already been posted.

Played well tonight but I wasnt very struck with the White away kit, others might like it though.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2015 23:44]

The answers were meant to be going up on the Trust site, I'll chase it up again in the next couple of days.

Saw a picture of the away kit on Chester's twitter, I thought it looks a good overall kit. However there's the issues around it being a suitable away kit for games where teams wear stripes. Also we have blue & white hoops for socks and black & white hoops away. Really picky refs will have that as a problem when we play teams in white socks.

2015/16 new kit on 05:17 - Jul 15 with 2045 viewsColDale

2015/16 new kit on 00:12 - Jul 15 by 442Dale

The answers were meant to be going up on the Trust site, I'll chase it up again in the next couple of days.

Saw a picture of the away kit on Chester's twitter, I thought it looks a good overall kit. However there's the issues around it being a suitable away kit for games where teams wear stripes. Also we have blue & white hoops for socks and black & white hoops away. Really picky refs will have that as a problem when we play teams in white socks.

Meeting thursday. Will chase it up.

One comment on the white kit - I've not seen anyone wearing it yet. Seen quite a few of the blue shirt but somewhat unusual that no away shirts.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024