Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2015/16 new kit 08:49 - Apr 25 with 25702 views442Dale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/errea-revealed-as-new-kit-supplier-242

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

2015/16 new kit on 10:24 - Apr 25 with 2951 viewsmightydale

2015/16 new kit on 10:15 - Apr 25 by TalkingSutty

Does the price of the kit depend on how much detail or how many different colour schemes are involved? Maybe the club went for this design because it was the cheapest option.

Perhaps Colin Garlick could explain who was involved in the process and what made them go for this particular design. It would mean asking a searching question, but perhaps he could explain why supporters weren't consulted. There could be a very valid reason why they don't feel the need to consult the customers, i can't think of one though.

How many of the 92 clubs consult the fans over the shirt design ?? genuine question
[Post edited 25 Apr 2015 10:24]

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

2015/16 new kit on 10:25 - Apr 25 with 2932 viewsTalkingSutty

2015/16 new kit on 10:24 - Apr 25 by mightydale

How many of the 92 clubs consult the fans over the shirt design ?? genuine question
[Post edited 25 Apr 2015 10:24]

I don't know, but with a fanbase the size of ours it would make sense wouldn't it, what do you think?
2015/16 new kit on 10:30 - Apr 25 with 2889 viewsmightydale

2015/16 new kit on 10:25 - Apr 25 by TalkingSutty

I don't know, but with a fanbase the size of ours it would make sense wouldn't it, what do you think?

i like both tops , so my view is irrelevant

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

2015/16 new kit on 10:32 - Apr 25 with 2873 views442Dale

2015/16 new kit on 10:30 - Apr 25 by mightydale

i like both tops , so my view is irrelevant

I quite like them too on first viewing, need to be sure about the size of the side panels though.

However, it's possible to appeal to almost everyone in shirt design at a club our size.

2015/16 new kit on 10:33 - Apr 25 with 2864 viewsdingdangblue

2015/16 new kit on 10:25 - Apr 25 by TalkingSutty

With a fanbase the size of ours they could visit us all personally.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

2015/16 new kit on 10:40 - Apr 25 with 2821 viewsdingdangblue

2015/16 new kit on 10:32 - Apr 25 by 442Dale

I quite like them too on first viewing, need to be sure about the size of the side panels though.

However, it's possible to appeal to almost everyone in shirt design at a club our size.

The home shirt is ok, I think there is scope to do something different with the away shirt though - like the white Co-op one a couple of years ago that we hardly wore away. The exact same design away shirt but in white/black is a little underwhelming.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

2015/16 new kit on 10:43 - Apr 25 with 2801 viewsSJE_Dale

In terms of the kit in it's own right, I think it's rather nice. With Errea aswell we know that despite the design in terms of quality we are getting good gear. But I think it's clear that the club are phasing out the black in our strip. It's hardly a coincidence that it is reminiscent of the old key tech one and with the article outlining how we wanted to keep with "tradition" it's clear the clubs interest lie in returning to those days.

Perhaps one if the main issues aswell is how the current Crown Oil sponsor has looked on previous kits. The stripes last season weren't well received and both this and next seasons kit do have a red sponsor that rather stands out and looks slightly out of place. But with the taking away of the stripes it looks less contrasting
2015/16 new kit on 10:50 - Apr 25 with 2774 viewsR_AFC

2015/16 new kit on 10:43 - Apr 25 by SJE_Dale

In terms of the kit in it's own right, I think it's rather nice. With Errea aswell we know that despite the design in terms of quality we are getting good gear. But I think it's clear that the club are phasing out the black in our strip. It's hardly a coincidence that it is reminiscent of the old key tech one and with the article outlining how we wanted to keep with "tradition" it's clear the clubs interest lie in returning to those days.

Perhaps one if the main issues aswell is how the current Crown Oil sponsor has looked on previous kits. The stripes last season weren't well received and both this and next seasons kit do have a red sponsor that rather stands out and looks slightly out of place. But with the taking away of the stripes it looks less contrasting

The club are lucky to have this forum ,as it is the best market researching tool that can be used for our club. 100% of the people on here support the club and it makes it very easy to find out what the customer wants. Finding out what the customer wants = selling what the customers wants = increase in sales = increase in revenue

Neglecting to use this site is crazy.
Meaning no market research is being made, which is fundamental to any business.

Up the dale!
Poll: Who would you want to see in net against Barnsley?

Login to get fewer ads

2015/16 new kit on 10:50 - Apr 25 with 2767 viewsfitzochris

2015/16 new kit on 10:43 - Apr 25 by SJE_Dale

The home kit looks quite nice. Maybe hard to justify another £40 given it's swapping black for white in the main. I'll judge when I get down there.As for Crown Oil, their branding is such that our kits will always be sponsor f*cked.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

2015/16 new kit on 11:02 - Apr 25 with 2711 viewsYouTubeDale

2015/16 new kit on 10:50 - Apr 25 by R_AFC

The club are lucky to have this forum ,as it is the best market researching tool that can be used for our club. 100% of the people on here support the club and it makes it very easy to find out what the customer wants. Finding out what the customer wants = selling what the customers wants = increase in sales = increase in revenue

Neglecting to use this site is crazy.
Meaning no market research is being made, which is fundamental to any business.

I was just about to make this point.

This is yet another example of the club failing miserably on the marketing front. Market research is a key component of marketing. Get this wrong, and the product "fails" and the organisation takes a step backwards.

Listen to the target audience ( the Rochdale fans who actually buy the shirts ) and proceed to DELIGHT them.

Another own goal!!!!

(for the record, it's black and blue for me too)
[Post edited 25 Apr 2015 11:44]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

2015/16 new kit on 11:05 - Apr 25 with 2701 viewsDaleaholic

I went down to the club shop to have a look and it's really disappointing. The shirt quality isn't good at all and the leisure wear is fairly poor quality too. Won't be buying any of the products on sale. (There's not much of a range anyway).

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

2015/16 new kit on 11:12 - Apr 25 with 2660 viewstazzydjr

2015/16 new kit on 11:02 - Apr 25 by YouTubeDale

I was just about to make this point.

This is yet another example of the club failing miserably on the marketing front. Market research is a key component of marketing. Get this wrong, and the product "fails" and the organisation takes a step backwards.

Listen to the target audience ( the Rochdale fans who actually buy the shirts ) and proceed to DELIGHT them.

Another own goal!!!!

(for the record, it's black and blue for me too)
[Post edited 25 Apr 2015 11:44]

Money talks lot's in the Beautiful Game

Football League sponsored by Product Sky Bet

Kit sponsored by Crown Oil (Previously MMC Motors, Co-operative & Freebets)

Kit Suppler famous Italian brand Errea (Previously JD Sports, Nike)

The FA Cup sponsored by world famous beer Budweiser

The League Cup sponsored by Credit Card company Capital One (Previously Carling)

The League Trophy sponsored by painting firm Johnstone Paint
[Post edited 25 Apr 2015 11:13]

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

2015/16 new kit on 11:13 - Apr 25 with 2657 views442Dale

I sent an email to the Trust including the following questions:

After the reaction to the launch of the new kit, could the Trust ask the club what the process was in choosing this particular design, why they didn't consult supporters and why they've chosen not to include black in the home shirt? As the 'blue & black' brand was unique to Dale, why have we not continued to capitalise on this and revert back to blue & white again? 

Also could the Trust, on behalf of its members and supporters please ensure that fans play some part in the future when choosing the kits their team wear?

----------

Received a prompt reply which was great, they will discuss it at their next meeting. Asked for a reply to be put on the Trust website, so hopefully the issues will be looked at so that fans get a better appreciation of the situation and are more involved in the future.

2015/16 new kit on 11:21 - Apr 25 with 2602 viewsTalkingSutty

2015/16 new kit on 11:13 - Apr 25 by 442Dale

I sent an email to the Trust including the following questions:

After the reaction to the launch of the new kit, could the Trust ask the club what the process was in choosing this particular design, why they didn't consult supporters and why they've chosen not to include black in the home shirt? As the 'blue & black' brand was unique to Dale, why have we not continued to capitalise on this and revert back to blue & white again? 

Also could the Trust, on behalf of its members and supporters please ensure that fans play some part in the future when choosing the kits their team wear?

----------

Received a prompt reply which was great, they will discuss it at their next meeting. Asked for a reply to be put on the Trust website, so hopefully the issues will be looked at so that fans get a better appreciation of the situation and are more involved in the future.

Well done, the fact the Trust responded so quickly is also to be applauded. Pity the club itself isn't more reactive with this sort of stuff without being nudged by the Trust.
2015/16 new kit on 11:31 - Apr 25 with 2559 viewsbocadave

Another pub team kit. the club would have to give me £40 to wear it.
2015/16 new kit on 12:10 - Apr 25 with 2439 viewsColDale

are they training tops in the background? Not the best view obviously but they look alright with the black and white stripes on the sleeve
2015/16 new kit on 12:11 - Apr 25 with 2438 viewsborodale

Must of been the cheapest option ,words fail me
2015/16 new kit on 12:13 - Apr 25 with 2428 viewsBrierls

When CG points out "the ability to customise a quality playing kit to meet our specific requirements" does he mean stick our badge and sponsor on? That shirt looks like a bog standard 'off the peg' design to me.

Kiss goodbye to the Blue & Black brand that is so popular with supporters, the club clearly want to stick with 'tradition'. It's a shame that 'tradition' is being one of the also rans, which is exactly how I feel about this shirt, it could be one of so many teams.

I looked on the website as soon as I woke up this morning, not quite like a kid at Christmas but a bit excited and intrigued, but ready to head down and part with my cash. I've stuck it on Bayern Munich to win instead.
2015/16 new kit on 12:15 - Apr 25 with 2419 viewsDaleaholic

2015/16 new kit on 12:10 - Apr 25 by ColDale

are they training tops in the background? Not the best view obviously but they look alright with the black and white stripes on the sleeve

The training tops look alright, but the quality is poor.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

2015/16 new kit on 12:16 - Apr 25 with 2412 viewsflyerdale

Horrible.
2015/16 new kit on 12:50 - Apr 25 with 2287 viewsTVOS1907

2015/16 new kit on 09:55 - Apr 25 by TommoRAFC

Game of thrones.

Cheers. Never seen it.

I used to watch Game for a Laugh, however.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

2015/16 new kit on 13:09 - Apr 25 with 2230 viewsChaffRAFC

I like the look of both kits to be honest. The whole blue/black thing is a tad disappointing because I'd have like it to have included black on the home kit. Not sure why you can't incorporate both black and white into the collar and shorts but nevermind. The kit doesn't make us unique like the blue/black kit does and if you didn't know much better, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between this and any Chesterfield or Peterborough kit for example.

The away kit is very much like that 2000/01 we had. Not a bad kit but means we'll certainly require a third kit.

I'll probably end up buying the home shirt, I quite like it. My Dad is very pleased we've got rid of the black in the shirt and gone back to blue/white.

The Errea thing doesn't disappoint me either, they make decent looking kits. Wonder how the sizing differs from Fila.

Definitely prefer last seasons kit but certainly don't hate it like a lot seem to.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

2015/16 new kit on 13:11 - Apr 25 with 2225 viewsolympicdale

Boring look, safe look, back to Blue and white....

Life is a game of fate.

2015/16 new kit on 13:17 - Apr 25 with 2203 viewsolympicdale

Not looking good for Lillis either, not asked to model the kit.

Life is a game of fate.

2015/16 new kit on 13:19 - Apr 25 with 2196 views442Dale

2015/16 new kit on 13:09 - Apr 25 by ChaffRAFC

I like the look of both kits to be honest. The whole blue/black thing is a tad disappointing because I'd have like it to have included black on the home kit. Not sure why you can't incorporate both black and white into the collar and shorts but nevermind. The kit doesn't make us unique like the blue/black kit does and if you didn't know much better, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between this and any Chesterfield or Peterborough kit for example.

The away kit is very much like that 2000/01 we had. Not a bad kit but means we'll certainly require a third kit.

I'll probably end up buying the home shirt, I quite like it. My Dad is very pleased we've got rid of the black in the shirt and gone back to blue/white.

The Errea thing doesn't disappoint me either, they make decent looking kits. Wonder how the sizing differs from Fila.

Definitely prefer last seasons kit but certainly don't hate it like a lot seem to.

Good point about the clash thing. Are we hoping for Colchester to be relegated? And it's strange because it was a factor mentioned in the past about having a white away shirt (the links are there!)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024