Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill interview on GMR 20:18 - Apr 25 with 25197 viewsrafc1984

Listened to it earlier, and he said that he won't be at the Barnsley match as it's a dead rubber, and he's off on holiday on Monday. Said there was no point rattling there cages. He seemed quite hacked off at the poor defending today, said players failed to do what they had spoke about this week.
Hill interview on GMR on 12:50 - Apr 26 with 3965 viewsDickydaler

Agreed, a very disappointing interview. It's put a bit of a dampener on the things for me when you consider the efforts of the players this season. Part of me hopes he doesn't go to Barnsley next week and then I can applaud just the players.
Hill interview on GMR on 12:53 - Apr 26 with 3946 viewsjimmysbaldhead

There seems to be a bit cut out around 1.03 wonder what was said?
Hill interview on GMR on 13:23 - Apr 26 with 3844 viewsD_Alien

No excuses it being an immediate post-match reaction either.

He took part in the parade round the stands, with his lad holding his hand, smiling and looking pleased enough with life at that point, as he should be.

Desperately self-pitying interview that, very very unattractive trait.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hill interview on GMR on 14:01 - Apr 26 with 3767 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Hill interview on GMR on 12:21 - Apr 26 by dingdangblue

https://audioboom.com/boos/3120898-hear-from-officiallydale-manager-keith-hill-a

'I'm fed up, I don't care, come and get me'

All expected.

Rotherham or Doncaster is my bet.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Hill interview on GMR (n/t) on 14:08 - Apr 26 with 3747 viewsAtThePeake

Hill interview on GMR on 14:01 - Apr 26 by SteTsGoldenBoot

All expected.

Why exactly?

Doncaster have stuck with Dickov for this long and as such seemingly have no intention of sacking him any time soon (not to mention that they've finished below us this season) , and I think it's unlikely that Rotherham will part with Evans, even if they do go down - which IMO is unlikely at this stage.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2015 14:10]

Tangled up in blue.

Hill interview on GMR on 14:12 - Apr 26 with 3733 viewsdale_spotland

Hill interview on GMR on 14:01 - Apr 26 by SteTsGoldenBoot

All expected.

This, though I don't agree with the clubs.

All he's doing is making sure it's his name in the press.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Hill interview on GMR (n/t) on 14:18 - Apr 26 with 3717 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Hill interview on GMR (n/t) on 14:08 - Apr 26 by AtThePeake

Why exactly?

Doncaster have stuck with Dickov for this long and as such seemingly have no intention of sacking him any time soon (not to mention that they've finished below us this season) , and I think it's unlikely that Rotherham will part with Evans, even if they do go down - which IMO is unlikely at this stage.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2015 14:10]

Why is my opinion, my opinion?

You could probably even throw Oldham in to. if Dowie doesn't take the job.

I just get a feeling that history is near as damn it, going to repeat itself.

Hill interview on GMR on 14:21 - Apr 26 with 3704 viewsSalwaDale

Hill interview on GMR on 12:38 - Apr 26 by 442Dale

No matter what happens next week, the interview was very disappointing.

I disagree. All season he's told us how we're not looking at going up and we shouldn't expect anything from the players etc. That interview showed a man clearly hurting because we can't go up to the championship. That interview was a hurt man hitting out a little. It showed us just how high his standards are and pointed out the consequences of not meeting those standards. He showed a pain that the players will no doubt be sharing. I liked it. (I am assuming it is the same one as Daleplayer.

As for the holiday comment I just took that as him being very annoyed to be asked a question about next week when all he could think about was the game just gone.

Maybe I'll get some abuse for not castigating him but so be it.

TBBT

Login to get fewer ads

Hill interview on GMR (n/t) on 14:27 - Apr 26 with 3680 viewsAtThePeake

Hill interview on GMR (n/t) on 14:18 - Apr 26 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Why is my opinion, my opinion?

You could probably even throw Oldham in to. if Dowie doesn't take the job.

I just get a feeling that history is near as damn it, going to repeat itself.

Well yeah - opinions are usually backed up with some form of reasoning?

Barnsley were in the division above us and are a bigger club than both Rotherham and Doncaster - and they didn't have a manager.

Tangled up in blue.

Hill interview on GMR on 14:28 - Apr 26 with 3678 viewsD_Alien

Hill interview on GMR on 14:21 - Apr 26 by SalwaDale

I disagree. All season he's told us how we're not looking at going up and we shouldn't expect anything from the players etc. That interview showed a man clearly hurting because we can't go up to the championship. That interview was a hurt man hitting out a little. It showed us just how high his standards are and pointed out the consequences of not meeting those standards. He showed a pain that the players will no doubt be sharing. I liked it. (I am assuming it is the same one as Daleplayer.

As for the holiday comment I just took that as him being very annoyed to be asked a question about next week when all he could think about was the game just gone.

Maybe I'll get some abuse for not castigating him but so be it.

You won't be abused SD, or shouldn't be, but it's still wrong that he's putting blame on young shoulders after some of the crazy team selections he's made during the last few weeks.

Hill interview on GMR on 14:34 - Apr 26 with 3649 viewsSalwaDale

Hill interview on GMR on 14:28 - Apr 26 by D_Alien

You won't be abused SD, or shouldn't be, but it's still wrong that he's putting blame on young shoulders after some of the crazy team selections he's made during the last few weeks.

Maybe but maybe one or two of the younger players need keeping on the 'straight and narrow' and the comments were made with this in mind. Take everything he says with a pot of salt.

TBBT

Hill interview on GMR on 14:52 - Apr 26 with 3603 viewsD_Alien

Hill interview on GMR on 14:34 - Apr 26 by SalwaDale

Maybe but maybe one or two of the younger players need keeping on the 'straight and narrow' and the comments were made with this in mind. Take everything he says with a pot of salt.

I'm sorry SD, but I'm too experienced in life to be taken in by such things.

His interview directly attributes blame to young players, yet he castigates people in the crowd for making hasty critical comments during the ebb and flo of action.The comments he made yesterday were made after a period of reflection, during which he was applauded round the pitch by the fans who stayed behind. I find it pretty appalling, really, and as someone in a position of responsibility he'd be liable to disciplinary action where I work.

It's like a manager going to a meeting and blaming individuals within his team for the performance of the department. Sorry, it's just not done.

Hill interview on GMR on 14:53 - Apr 26 with 3586 viewsWhiteyBFC

It's a real shame that he doesn't want to return to Oakwell, I was looking forward to being possibly the only bloke in the home ends giving him a good reception. But it's the attitude problem we all know he's got. Chip on his shoulder the size of Bolton. Which is daft considering how capable a football manager he is.

As someone already pointed out, his ickle Dale side are going to finish above the club that sacked him, so if anything he should be proud to lead out that club next weekend. It can't be his way of taking the focus away from himself, because, look, he clearly hasn't has he? He's made that match all about him, within minutes of yesterdays game.

As for the myth that never seems to die, this idea that Keith was given grief and dogs abuse at Oakwell, wake up eh? He wasn't everybody's cup of tea, but it's only after his departure that he's took any stick. He was rightly praised at the time when he got things right, and rightly criticised when he got things wrong. He got more wrong than right, key point in case being the results, and so he'd failed and was sacked. It happens.

The grief he 'did' receive at Spotland this season when we beat you, that was OTT in my opinion. And he would have got some next weekend too. That's football for you. I'm sure John Coleman would be in for a bit of stick were he to return one day...

But having yesterday walked 24 miles to Bradford for charity alongside 56 reds supporters and Bradford walkers too, I'm very proud to call myself a Barnsley supporter and were Keith not the obnoxious pillock that he is, he'd have fared better with us. We're a great set of fans with a rich and proud history, something Keith disagreed with just a month into his role here. He'll never achieve anything outside Rochdale until he gets shut of the chip on that shoulder, because only you lot would put up with the kind of attitude he displays. And you put up with it because he's brought more success to Dale than you've ever previously known.

I had the pleasure of having a beer with our current manager on Friday night, spent a good hour in his company. He's a lovely lad. I'm sure Keith Hill's a great bloke too. But if Lee Johnson said prior to returning to Oldham with us a while ago that he wasn't going to be there because he didn't want to 'rattle their cages', I'd have lost all respect for him. He went there, applauded all sides of the ground, was abused non-stop and stewards had to restrain Oldham fans who were attempting to get at him.

The most Keith would have got next Sunday would have been a few "Keith Hill is a wannnker" songs and maybe a boo as he walked to the dugout. He needs to man up, and lead out his players next weekend, head held high for what he's yet again achieved against the odds at Rochdale. If he isn't there, he's only making himself look a bigger wally.

And, I expect Dale to beat us comfortably so you'd think he'd enjoy that. We're waiting for next season, what happens in that match is irrelevant, as it was yesterday.

If any of you lads want to meet up for a cold one next Sunday, get in touch. And congrats on another epic season in the history of RAFC.
Hill interview on GMR on 15:02 - Apr 26 with 3561 viewsSuddenLad

The biggest problem is shoving a microphone under his nose within minutes of a defeat that ended the season.

KH needs to either make no public comment for several hours or get Beechy to do the interview.

Of course he's hurting. His dream died at the final whistle, so don't expect an up-beat, positive interview. He wears his heart on his sleeve and he's honest. Better that, than some of the tripe that more experienced managers churn out every week.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hill interview on GMR on 15:02 - Apr 26 with 3561 viewsBazzanne

I listened on Dale player to the same interview and didn't find anything to be upset about. The comment about not going to Barnsley was I think said not to be taken as true. The comments about the players was harsh reality for some that they need to step it up a bit next season. He was clearly upset with poor defending and not sticking to plan. Give the man a break and stop picking his comments apart each time he speaks. We have the best manager we have ever had, enjoy it while you can.
Hill interview on GMR on 15:10 - Apr 26 with 3332 views442Dale

Hill interview on GMR on 14:34 - Apr 26 by SalwaDale

But a manager will have told the players themselves in the dressing room. Does anyone actually think those players are even aware what Hill has said about them to the media? They're not likely to go and switch on GMR straight away. It's a case of wondering what such an interview achieves.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hill interview on GMR on 15:13 - Apr 26 with 3316 viewsSuddenLad

Hill interview on GMR on 15:10 - Apr 26 by 442Dale

But a manager will have told the players themselves in the dressing room. Does anyone actually think those players are even aware what Hill has said about them to the media? They're not likely to go and switch on GMR straight away. It's a case of wondering what such an interview achieves.

I'll vouch that they couldn't care less what he said to the media. He'll say one thing to them in private and then another thing in front of the microphone.

It's his way.

Hill interview on GMR on 15:21 - Apr 26 with 3292 views442Dale

Hill interview on GMR on 15:13 - Apr 26 by SuddenLad

I'll vouch that they couldn't care less what he said to the media. He'll say one thing to them in private and then another thing in front of the microphone.

It's his way.

I agree. So looking at previous interviews where he talks about an environment where we should be forgiving about mistakes and tempering expectations, how do we take this interview?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hill interview on GMR on 15:32 - Apr 26 with 3251 viewsdingdangblue

Hill interview on GMR on 14:53 - Apr 26 by WhiteyBFC

It's a real shame that he doesn't want to return to Oakwell, I was looking forward to being possibly the only bloke in the home ends giving him a good reception. But it's the attitude problem we all know he's got. Chip on his shoulder the size of Bolton. Which is daft considering how capable a football manager he is.

As someone already pointed out, his ickle Dale side are going to finish above the club that sacked him, so if anything he should be proud to lead out that club next weekend. It can't be his way of taking the focus away from himself, because, look, he clearly hasn't has he? He's made that match all about him, within minutes of yesterdays game.

As for the myth that never seems to die, this idea that Keith was given grief and dogs abuse at Oakwell, wake up eh? He wasn't everybody's cup of tea, but it's only after his departure that he's took any stick. He was rightly praised at the time when he got things right, and rightly criticised when he got things wrong. He got more wrong than right, key point in case being the results, and so he'd failed and was sacked. It happens.

The grief he 'did' receive at Spotland this season when we beat you, that was OTT in my opinion. And he would have got some next weekend too. That's football for you. I'm sure John Coleman would be in for a bit of stick were he to return one day...

But having yesterday walked 24 miles to Bradford for charity alongside 56 reds supporters and Bradford walkers too, I'm very proud to call myself a Barnsley supporter and were Keith not the obnoxious pillock that he is, he'd have fared better with us. We're a great set of fans with a rich and proud history, something Keith disagreed with just a month into his role here. He'll never achieve anything outside Rochdale until he gets shut of the chip on that shoulder, because only you lot would put up with the kind of attitude he displays. And you put up with it because he's brought more success to Dale than you've ever previously known.

I had the pleasure of having a beer with our current manager on Friday night, spent a good hour in his company. He's a lovely lad. I'm sure Keith Hill's a great bloke too. But if Lee Johnson said prior to returning to Oldham with us a while ago that he wasn't going to be there because he didn't want to 'rattle their cages', I'd have lost all respect for him. He went there, applauded all sides of the ground, was abused non-stop and stewards had to restrain Oldham fans who were attempting to get at him.

The most Keith would have got next Sunday would have been a few "Keith Hill is a wannnker" songs and maybe a boo as he walked to the dugout. He needs to man up, and lead out his players next weekend, head held high for what he's yet again achieved against the odds at Rochdale. If he isn't there, he's only making himself look a bigger wally.

And, I expect Dale to beat us comfortably so you'd think he'd enjoy that. We're waiting for next season, what happens in that match is irrelevant, as it was yesterday.

If any of you lads want to meet up for a cold one next Sunday, get in touch. And congrats on another epic season in the history of RAFC.

Of course Hill will be at Barnsley next Sunday. People shouldn't hang on his every word. Remember after the Fleetwood game and he said he'd forgotten what score it was - he got lots of stick because if that . The bollox he comes out with to the press should really be taken with a pinch of salt. So he booked a holiday not knowing if Barnsley was going to be a critical game? Or he booked it when we went 3-1 down? He just comes out with random crap after games at times - you'd think we'd be used to it by now.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hill interview on GMR on 15:41 - Apr 26 with 3211 viewsSuddenLad

Hill interview on GMR on 15:21 - Apr 26 by 442Dale

I agree. So looking at previous interviews where he talks about an environment where we should be forgiving about mistakes and tempering expectations, how do we take this interview?

In one ear and out the other. KH and microphones aren't a good mix. He doesn't give himself enough time to think about what he says, particularly after a defeat.

His best interviews come on the Monday or Tuesday following a game when he has had time to take in the weekends' events and time to think more clearly.

I don't know why people jump on what he says with such venom. We all know what he's like with the media, so leave him to it.

Hill interview on GMR on 15:46 - Apr 26 with 3191 viewsisitme

I do not understand the issue with his interview.

He said that we defended poorly - we did.
He said that there have been too many individual defensive errors this season - there has.
He said that some of the younger players need to take that next step - which they do.
Next week is a meaningless game, so what if he isn't there.

A couple of interesting points at the end of the interview about some players might leave to look for more success, such as Matty Done did and that some players who are under contract may be made available for transfer.

EDIT - Just watched the highlights. Everyone of their goals could have been avoided and Camps' miss was shocking.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2015 15:53]
Hill interview on GMR on 16:08 - Apr 26 with 3111 viewstazzydjr

Will it mean a temporary return of "Chris Beech's Barmy Army"

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Hill interview on GMR on 16:32 - Apr 26 with 3023 viewsdalenumber2

Keith Hill is the best thing that ever happened to Rochdale - we all agree on that. I usually avoid listening to his interviews though as they drive me mad with irritation. The one he gave yesterday during which he implied he might miss the Barnsley game was even more than irritating. His mind games and lack of respect for the fans is maddening. A previous post which said it was all about him was right. He needs to stop being so self-indulgent and show a bit of appreciation to all those who travel all over to watch Dale - if he doesn't show at Barnsley it will be an absolute disgrace. If he fully intends to go then what he said yesterday was no more than attention seeking self-obsession. On the one hand he is saying we shouldn't expect too much then next minute he is laying in on thick that the players haven't done well enough. He is a professional who is well-paid and should behave like one. Sorry but he has really annoyed me this time.
Hill interview on GMR on 18:50 - Apr 26 with 2749 viewsWhiteyBFC

Hill interview on GMR on 15:32 - Apr 26 by dingdangblue

Of course Hill will be at Barnsley next Sunday. People shouldn't hang on his every word. Remember after the Fleetwood game and he said he'd forgotten what score it was - he got lots of stick because if that . The bollox he comes out with to the press should really be taken with a pinch of salt. So he booked a holiday not knowing if Barnsley was going to be a critical game? Or he booked it when we went 3-1 down? He just comes out with random crap after games at times - you'd think we'd be used to it by now.

He's said he's not going to be there, I'll take that as his intention.
Hill interview on GMR (n/t) on 18:51 - Apr 26 with 2744 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Hill interview on GMR (n/t) on 14:27 - Apr 26 by AtThePeake

Well yeah - opinions are usually backed up with some form of reasoning?

Barnsley were in the division above us and are a bigger club than both Rotherham and Doncaster - and they didn't have a manager.

I think that Evans is Posh bound, I know one of the staff at Donny and they think they will get sacked.

I don't think Oldham will give Holden a go.

All have bigger crowds and boards that wouldn't cack themselves at the thought of playing in the Championship.

Oh, plus KH needs to be loved and us tosser Dale fans don't show that enough.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024