Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great news for these lads 14:32 - Apr 28 with 3680 viewsSuddenLad

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/three-scholars-offered-pro-contracts-2

Congratulations and let's hope the progress continues.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Great news for these lads on 14:51 - Apr 28 with 3624 viewsRalphs12

Congratulations!!

Who does that mean will be leaving?

Chaff?
Great news for these lads on 15:16 - Apr 28 with 3542 viewsPDIDDY

Great news for these lads on 14:51 - Apr 28 by Ralphs12

Congratulations!!

Chaff?

Some will leave but some will be first year scholars, so another 12 months, Bury just given 5 pro contracts out of which 2 are 1st years. #champions

Gissa job

Great news for these lads on 15:30 - Apr 28 with 3509 viewsChaffRAFC

Congratulations to the three that have made it and commiserations to those that haven't. I reckon that means the following have left us.

Connor Cowan-Thompson
Rhys Lovett
Dominic Reid
Yomi Samuels
Omar Sinclair

I also reckon that leaves the following as the lads serving their second year of the scholarship:

Tyler Berry
Louis Coyne
Kisimba Kisimba
Japhet Mata
Harry Pratt
Callum Scorah
Brandon Smalley

That said, I don't know if we still have the lad who was in the papers for his tweet about Steven Gerrard's daughter is still with us or who it is so one of those lads may well have left us.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Great news for these lads on 22:13 - Apr 28 with 3130 viewsleedsdale

Great news for these lads on 14:51 - Apr 28 by Ralphs12

Congratulations!!

Chaff?

Could mean the end for Logan? He has had some impact, but I would suggest not enough to warrant another deal if we have these three attacking options signed up
Great news for these lads on 23:55 - Apr 28 with 3024 viewszxcvbnm

Cannon has to wait as did Tanser for their turn in the team - Maybe Logan will get another year but he must be 50/50

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Great news for these lads on 05:06 - Apr 29 with 2962 viewsSandyman

If these lads are anything like our most recent prospects (Allen, Cannon etc etc) then it's great news for the club as well.

As discussed in many a post-match inquest, and articulated by "Scrutator" in last Saturday's TVOS, our lads stand far more chance of getting a career in football than those at the likes of Man City, Chelsea etc. Despite the wealth and facilities at the really big clubs, the number of players that actually come through youth academies to play league football is miniscule compared to what we and others like us can produce. I remember a City fan at work some years ago telling me young Benali was going to be the next big thing in football and how lucky were to have him on loan from them. Half a JPT game later, he was clearly never going to be up to the mark. 10 minutes from Nyal Bell v Coventry and you could see the potential. Well done Tony Ellis and staff at our academy.
Great news for these lads on 08:06 - Apr 29 with 2876 viewsSaxonDale

I make that 10 players who are currently on a professional contract who have came through our youth system:

Logan
Bell
Hassler-Cregg
Hooper
Tanser
Diba
Cannon
Camps
Allen

Beech, Ellis and co deserve a lot of praise for completely turning this club'a youth academy around.
Great news for these lads on 08:43 - Apr 29 with 2819 viewsfermin

Great news for these lads on 05:06 - Apr 29 by Sandyman

If these lads are anything like our most recent prospects (Allen, Cannon etc etc) then it's great news for the club as well.

As discussed in many a post-match inquest, and articulated by "Scrutator" in last Saturday's TVOS, our lads stand far more chance of getting a career in football than those at the likes of Man City, Chelsea etc. Despite the wealth and facilities at the really big clubs, the number of players that actually come through youth academies to play league football is miniscule compared to what we and others like us can produce. I remember a City fan at work some years ago telling me young Benali was going to be the next big thing in football and how lucky were to have him on loan from them. Half a JPT game later, he was clearly never going to be up to the mark. 10 minutes from Nyal Bell v Coventry and you could see the potential. Well done Tony Ellis and staff at our academy.

Benali seems to have played a number of games in Serie B http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmad_Benali. Not the next big thing admittedly but a higher standard than us.
Login to get fewer ads

Great news for these lads on 12:12 - Apr 29 with 2702 viewsDickydaler

Great news for these lads on 15:30 - Apr 28 by ChaffRAFC

Congratulations to the three that have made it and commiserations to those that haven't. I reckon that means the following have left us.

Connor Cowan-Thompson
Rhys Lovett
Dominic Reid
Yomi Samuels
Omar Sinclair

I also reckon that leaves the following as the lads serving their second year of the scholarship:

Tyler Berry
Louis Coyne
Kisimba Kisimba
Japhet Mata
Harry Pratt
Callum Scorah
Brandon Smalley

That said, I don't know if we still have the lad who was in the papers for his tweet about Steven Gerrard's daughter is still with us or who it is so one of those lads may well have left us.

Interesting to read the list of second year scholars. I have watched a number of youth team games this season, and looking at that list, we have some promising young players there.
Great news for these lads on 15:54 - Apr 29 with 2551 viewsTomRAFC

What sort of player is Hooper?

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Great news for these lads on 16:49 - Apr 29 with 2486 viewsisitme

Great news for these lads on 15:54 - Apr 29 by TomRAFC

What sort of player is Hooper?

From the Ellis interview he says that Hooper can play 7/11 and 10 which I interpret as either wing or off the main striker.

I have only seen him play twice for the youth team and he looked okay. For me Bell was the stand out player during both games.
Great news for these lads on 17:29 - Apr 29 with 2425 viewsChaffRAFC

Great news for these lads on 16:49 - Apr 29 by isitme

From the Ellis interview he says that Hooper can play 7/11 and 10 which I interpret as either wing or off the main striker.

I have only seen him play twice for the youth team and he looked okay. For me Bell was the stand out player during both games.

Hooper was playing left back last season but because he was always marauding forward and proving to be a very decent wide player, they've turned him into a winger who can play as an inside forward and score goals.

Might we have the next Gareth Bale?!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Great news for these lads on 18:24 - Apr 29 with 2335 viewsDickydaler

Great news for these lads on 17:29 - Apr 29 by ChaffRAFC

Hooper was playing left back last season but because he was always marauding forward and proving to be a very decent wide player, they've turned him into a winger who can play as an inside forward and score goals.

I think the next Gareth Bale might be pushing things a little too far but he has scored some terrific goals with his left foot this season.
Great news for these lads on 18:38 - Apr 29 with 2303 viewsSaxonDale

Great news for these lads on 17:29 - Apr 29 by ChaffRAFC

The next Matt Done?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024