Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Improvements for 2015/2016 Football Season at Fortress Spotland 17:31 - Apr 28 with 2451 viewstazzydjr

I know we've got new marketing person & online ticketing

But what improvements would Rochdale Supporters like to see happen?

I'll start off

More promotional offers prior to big matches & cup matches

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Improvements for 2015/2016 Football Season at Fortress Spotland on 17:48 - Apr 28 with 2408 viewsdale18

More initiatives such as 3 for 2 offers.

Half season tickets or a 10 game ticket.

Maybe one game make it £10 for adults, £5 concessions and free for kids.
Improvements for 2015/2016 Football Season at Fortress Spotland on 18:08 - Apr 28 with 2351 viewsChaffRAFC

* Stadium painted. If you walk down Sandy Lane from Ings Lane and look at the Stadium, it looks like a rusty mess. Needs a coat of paint desperately.

* The TDS roof needs fixing.

* A lot more effort going into increasing Goldbond member numbers

* A lot more effort going into getting fans through the gate. More kids for a quid days and offers for Premiership/Championship season ticket holders when it's an international weekend. Give them a game to go to when they'll just be sat at home instead!

* A better relationship with the Trust. Not just treating the Trust as a piggy bank when something needs doing.

* A lot more reporting on the Under 18's, we get reports now but rarely get full team news and stats. If someone is scoring goals for fun in the under 18's, why don't we know about it?

* Better use made of the Goldbond Sheets for advertising. Sick of seeing "Advertise your business here" instead of an actual advert. Instead of having it blank, promote something at the club. The Trust Race Night for example, that week and the week before, we had no adverts on the Goldbond sheets, a simple Race Night advert could have added more numbers to the event. Don't know the figures but I'd guess around 12,000 Goldbond members, that means 6000 houses as a rough estimate with the vast majority paying £1, surely, even with the ones people obviously skip, at least 3000 people would have got the sheets that week, only to be greeted with a blank advert. Make better use of them!

* Better use of The Voice Of Spotland. I've seen it plenty this season where there could have been promotions or Trust events going in the programme but weren't.

* Better lines sold in the club shop. Ignoring the replica kits and training wear, we sell very little leisure wear and accessories. My Dad wanted a big warm coat for example and couldn't find anything! Better range of stock needed I reckon.

* Online club shop is embarrassing. Not having a go at anyone in particular but even now, we've not even got the new shirts on there, it's Tuesday evening, the shirts have been out since Saturday morning. It's not just that, it's been poor for a long time. My brother wanted some stuff on there and couldn't get anything he wanted. Needs a massive improvement, if only so that our exiles can get stuff they want!

* Ratcliffe Bars to reduce prices to a reasonable rate. They are very very far from reasonable now.

Would imagine a lot of this will be within the responsibilities of our new sales and marketing manager, Frances. Hopefully, her input will show improvements and we'll start seeing the benefits soon. It's a big job!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Improvements for 2015/2016 Football Season at Fortress Spotland on 18:26 - Apr 28 with 2310 viewsbocadave

Black & blue stripe shirts.
Improvements for 2015/2016 Football Season at Fortress Spotland on 18:41 - Apr 28 with 2274 viewsWill_RAFC

Studds Bar needs to be more match day friendly. At the moment its a pub offering too wide a range of drinks to serve people quick enough at HT. A simplified half time menu would speed up service, as would pre poured drinks or large plastic bottled drinks or cans. Most of the time I dont bother due to the "queues" (mob served in a completely random order). It needs lighting and some decent tellys to see the scores on.
Improvements for 2015/2016 Football Season at Fortress Spotland on 19:28 - Apr 28 with 2192 viewsShun

There was an away game this year, I can't remember which, where a young fan picked from the audience reads out the home team lineup. It was quite cute and I'm sure it'd make a young Daley's day.

Also, replying to email! I emailed the club on Friday and I'm yet to receive a reply. I didn't expect one, as of all the emails I've sent to the club over the past few years, 0% have received replies.
Improvements for 2015/2016 Football Season at Fortress Spotland on 19:45 - Apr 28 with 2150 views442Dale

Improvements for 2015/2016 Football Season at Fortress Spotland on 19:28 - Apr 28 by Shun

There was an away game this year, I can't remember which, where a young fan picked from the audience reads out the home team lineup. It was quite cute and I'm sure it'd make a young Daley's day.

Also, replying to email! I emailed the club on Friday and I'm yet to receive a reply. I didn't expect one, as of all the emails I've sent to the club over the past few years, 0% have received replies.

Really? Have a look at this and contact them again after 14 days.
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/club/club_charter/

I've always received prompt replies from the Trust, even if it's to say they'll pass a query on to look at. Are you a member, Shun? If not, it's well worth joining for this reason.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Improvements for 2015/2016 Football Season at Fortress Spotland on 19:47 - Apr 28 with 2144 viewsdingdangblue

They really need to have posters around the town centre advertising games - there's never anything in the pubs, supermarkets telling people to get to Spotland for our home matches.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Improvements for 2015/2016 Football Season at Fortress Spotland on 19:49 - Apr 28 with 2137 viewsmightydale

Improvements for 2015/2016 Football Season at Fortress Spotland on 19:28 - Apr 28 by Shun

send your e mail to frances i got a reply in less than a hour

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Login to get fewer ads

Improvements for 2015/2016 Football Season at Fortress Spotland on 20:17 - Apr 28 with 2073 viewsShun

Interesting. Thanks, 442 and mightydale.
Improvements for 2015/2016 Football Season at Fortress Spotland on 20:48 - Apr 28 with 2013 viewsChaffRAFC

In fairness, I have quite a few dealings with the club and I never have problems with people getting back to me. Colin Garlick especially always gets back to me promptly.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Improvements for 2015/2016 Football Season at Fortress Spotland on 21:15 - Apr 28 with 1966 viewsjohnn

Would like to see the results of the half time draw published regularly on the official site
Improvements for 2015/2016 Football Season at Fortress Spotland on 23:55 - Apr 28 with 1846 viewsHopwoodblue

Under 16s free to first two home games, they are the future and we need to start attracting them
To Spotland.
As we all know you have to go first before you get hooked and we cannot survive without attracting new blood. We need the young ones to start coming to the games more.

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Improvements for 2015/2016 Football Season at Fortress Spotland on 09:13 - Apr 29 with 1706 viewsRalphs12

I'd quite like to be able to buy water bottles from the food window. I would've thought we'd sell it but everytime I've asked they've said they don't do it so.
Improvements for 2015/2016 Football Season at Fortress Spotland on 09:16 - Apr 29 with 1701 views442Dale

Improvements for 2015/2016 Football Season at Fortress Spotland on 09:13 - Apr 29 by Ralphs12

I'd quite like to be able to buy water bottles from the food window. I would've thought we'd sell it but everytime I've asked they've said they don't do it so.

You could get water in the main stand at recent home games, they also had Fruit Shoots for kids too which is a great idea.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Improvements for 2015/2016 Football Season at Fortress Spotland on 09:35 - Apr 29 with 1671 viewsDaleiLama

Improvements for 2015/2016 Football Season at Fortress Spotland on 09:16 - Apr 29 by 442Dale

You could get water in the main stand at recent home games, they also had Fruit Shoots for kids too which is a great idea.

If you don't mind queueing for the whole of the half time break .......
A couple of well placed vending machines for cold drinks and snacks with "instant access" might be worth looking into wouldn't you think? Perhaps there wouldn't be enough demand, but it might even increase revenue!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Improvements for 2015/2016 Football Season at Fortress Spotland on 13:20 - Apr 29 with 1546 viewsJL_Dale

Sounds very simple, but we need more people through the gates watching the games.

I was thinking about this last night, with the new Commercial Manager starting, is she going to be responsible for all sponsorship activities (e.g. filling the boxes on a match day) as well as getting more people through the door?

I'd imagine she would gain commission for filling boxes but would she have something similar for increasing the average home attendance?

It sounds simple, but get somebody in Rochdale town centre talking to the general public, not necessarily Dale fans, and asking them their thoughts on the club?
Give out some free tickets to get people through the gates for the first time and make sure they are impressed so they come back and hopefully bring a mate or two.
Get in the schools and give free tickets out to all the kids if they bring a paying adult, get them hooked!
Get us on the front page of the Observer!

The main issue with low attendances is due to us being perceived as "little old Rochdale", where the majority of our town will still think we are fighting for relegation from League 2! Which can be changed over time if somebody goes out of their way to do that.

From what I know, none of the above was done by Ian Johnstone. His role was solely based on filling the boxes and obtaining sponsorships - nothing fan based.

Surely bring somebody in alongside Frances to help her out, this is more than a one man (or woman) job!

Edit: Maybe also take a look on this board now and then!
[Post edited 29 Apr 2015 13:28]
Improvements for 2015/2016 Football Season at Fortress Spotland on 13:51 - Apr 29 with 1494 viewsShun

Interesting point by JL. I was on a course last week and we just happened to see the Dale squad training. Someone said, bearing in mind these are all Rochdalians of different ages, "Oh it's Rochdale, they're not very good, are they?" Everyone chortled in agreement and they were all quite surprised when I told them that, actually, we bloody are! It reminded me of an ignoramus United fan (from Rochdale!) who once laughed when I told him who I support and said, "Well it's not really football at that level, is it?"

How do we go about changing people's perceptions of this club? The team are doing their bit but it doesn't seem to be having the desired effect.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2015 13:52]
Improvements for 2015/2016 Football Season at Fortress Spotland on 14:59 - Apr 29 with 1425 viewsD_Alien

Improvements for 2015/2016 Football Season at Fortress Spotland on 13:51 - Apr 29 by Shun

Interesting point by JL. I was on a course last week and we just happened to see the Dale squad training. Someone said, bearing in mind these are all Rochdalians of different ages, "Oh it's Rochdale, they're not very good, are they?" Everyone chortled in agreement and they were all quite surprised when I told them that, actually, we bloody are! It reminded me of an ignoramus United fan (from Rochdale!) who once laughed when I told him who I support and said, "Well it's not really football at that level, is it?"

How do we go about changing people's perceptions of this club? The team are doing their bit but it doesn't seem to be having the desired effect.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2015 13:52]

Trouble is Shun, everyone (with the exception of the offspring of daleys) is brought up these days watching the premiership on motd and in their eyes, anything outside the top division is "not very good" - so being a damned sight better than we used to be and more than competitive in the third tier cuts little ice. It's a bit like our perceptions of the 3rd tier in Italian or Spanish football - most of us have no idea!

That's the mountain that must be climbed, but one thing's for sure, unless the club are shouting it from the rooftops, no-one else will be interested.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024