Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
M41Weekender 15:39 - May 2 with 19245 viewsChaffRAFC

Can't find the original thread but anyway...

BL9Weekender ‏@BL9Weekender 14m14 minutes ago
NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT: BL9 Weekender Moves to Event City, Manchester, full details on link http://on.fb.me/1I1m97m #Bury #Manchester #Festival

What an absolute joke of a football club they really are.

#hatetosaywetoldyouso

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

M41Weekender on 19:48 - May 27 with 3365 viewsPDIDDY

M41Weekender on 07:40 - May 7 by aleanddale

Outdoor and a good chance of decent weather I might have considered the Saturday.

Sunday looks dreadful,

12 hours in the summer in a tin box - can't think of anything much worse so definite no from me.

Guess urmston and Trafford shakers need to step up and support the event now!!

Meant the feelgood , top loader, not my cup of tea, they headlining? Missed the tyskie tent last year but I can see why it was dropped, a few daleys worse for wear the other year, the selector were superb last year, let's hope for a bit of ska

Gissa job

M41Weekender on 19:53 - May 27 with 3352 viewsChaffRAFC

M41Weekender on 18:18 - May 27 by R17ALE

I don't know if you've copied and pasted that Col, or if you've made it up to include the sort of spin that we can so easily predict will be spun to the gullible masses, but one line jumps out....

"we strongly recommend people hold onto their ticket for our next great event."

If that's your line Col, brilliant!

If it's the official bury statement then wow, wow, wow. They really must think the fans will swallow anything!

"However, we strongly recommend people hold onto their ticket for our next great event."

That line Razz is taken directly from the statement released by the official BL9Weekender.

As for tunes for derby day:

M41Weekender on 19:57 - May 27 with 3332 viewsPDIDDY

M41Weekender on 19:53 - May 27 by ChaffRAFC

"However, we strongly recommend people hold onto their ticket for our next great event."

That line Razz is taken directly from the statement released by the official BL9Weekender.

As for tunes for derby day:

Getting excited for the Bury game already are we? Bless

Gissa job

M41Weekender on 20:00 - May 27 with 3310 viewsChaffRAFC

M41Weekender on 19:57 - May 27 by PDIDDY

Getting excited for the Bury game already are we? Bless

I never get excited for derby day, I dread it more than anything, merely replying to another post.

M41Weekender on 20:02 - May 27 with 3292 views442Dale

M41Weekender on 20:00 - May 27 by ChaffRAFC

I never get excited for derby day, I dread it more than anything, merely replying to another post.

Put me on the "tedious build-up" list.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

M41Weekender on 20:04 - May 27 with 3285 viewsPDIDDY

M41Weekender on 20:00 - May 27 by ChaffRAFC

Dread it? Easy points normally for dale. I requested a refund nearly a month ago and not re ieved it yet, not holding my breath. Gutted I'm not seeing union j

Gissa job

M41Weekender on 20:05 - May 27 with 3276 views442Dale

M41Weekender on 20:04 - May 27 by PDIDDY

Dread it? Easy points normally for dale. I requested a refund nearly a month ago and not re ieved it yet, not holding my breath. Gutted I'm not seeing union j

Why won't you get it?

M41Weekender on 20:09 - May 27 with 3265 viewsPDIDDY

M41Weekender on 20:05 - May 27 by 442Dale

Why won't you get it?

The company bl9 or whatever they are called will probably go into admin, might get 10p in the £ .

Gissa job

Login to get fewer ads

M41Weekender on 20:09 - May 27 with 3265 viewssissy

Just when Finley Quaye was on the cusp of a comeback. He'll be after lodgings again, shame on massive bury.

"Sign here please". #lol #clareslaw

M41Weekender on 20:12 - May 27 with 3253 views442Dale

M41Weekender on 20:09 - May 27 by PDIDDY

The company bl9 or whatever they are called will probably go into admin, might get 10p in the £ .

Surely anyone involved with them would ensure Bury fans and other ticket-holders get their money back as has been stated.

M41Weekender on 21:43 - May 27 with 3108 viewsDaley_Lama

If I were a £10K investor in a car park space that was meant to bring me money when rented to individuals attending concerts and boxing matches I would be a little bit worried about the turn of events in this case.

I have a brain however, so I am not. Were I an investor I might request my money back due to failure to deliver/misrepresentation.

Were I a ticket holder for whatever this event ended up being called, I would not be "holding on for the next big event" as the goonies couldn't organise the last, not so big event.

Poll: DF in or out

M41Weekender on 23:37 - May 27 with 2952 viewsjoecooke

M41Weekender on 20:09 - May 27 by PDIDDY

Alongside most of your creditors in the next 18 months.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

M41Weekender on 01:02 - May 28 with 2895 viewsdingdangblue

https://m.facebook.com/notes/bl9-music-weekender/bl9-weekender-moves-to-event-ci

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

M41Weekender on 01:12 - May 28 with 2885 viewsToffeemanc

So the Bury music concert never made it off the ground .

So glad I chose to pay to see a real concert tonight at the Emirates Old Trafford, proper band in a real venue and a fantastic night.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

M41Weekender on 01:15 - May 28 with 2881 viewsdingdangblue

I wonder how the Happy Mondays were going to play when Black Grape (Shaun Ryder's other band) were playing the same night?

https://m.ents24.com/manchester-events/victoria-warehouse/comeback-tour-2015/431

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

M41Weekender on 01:26 - May 28 with 2867 viewsflyerdale

M41Weekender on 01:15 - May 28 by dingdangblue

I wonder how the Happy Mondays were going to play when Black Grape (Shaun Ryder's other band) were playing the same night?

https://m.ents24.com/manchester-events/victoria-warehouse/comeback-tour-2015/431

I was about to make the same point. The black grape gig was announced on 24th April as well.
M41Weekender on 07:01 - May 28 with 2818 viewsRAFCBLUE

M41Weekender on 18:05 - May 27 by Daley_Lama

Playlist for Derby Day anybody? I will start....

Thank-you for the music - Abba

Gangsta's Paradise - Coolio
in the morning - Razorlight
Money Money Money - Abba
Money for Nothing - Dire Straights
Money - Pink Floyd
Taxman - The Beatles
Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Green Day

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

M41Weekender on 07:29 - May 28 with 2790 viewsPDIDDY

M41Weekender on 07:01 - May 28 by RAFCBLUE

Gangsta's Paradise - Coolio
in the morning - Razorlight
Money Money Money - Abba
Money for Nothing - Dire Straights
Money - Pink Floyd
Taxman - The Beatles
Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Green Day

You've missed out the smackheads fav... Fathers gun, with the classic pumping of an imaginary shot gun towards the Bury fans, NAWWWWTTTTYYY

Gissa job

M41Weekender on 08:49 - May 28 with 2724 viewsdingdangblue

M41Weekender on 01:26 - May 28 by flyerdale

I was about to make the same point. The black grape gig was announced on 24th April as well.

Black Grape are playing a Ricky Hatton night at Manchester Victoria Warehouse on Sat 13th June - it seems it was only confirmed they were playing last weekend but even so - the organisers of this shambles must have known this Event City Festival was doomed - why wait another 3-4 days before yesterdays announcement? Suppose it gives them another month holding onto other peoples money - I didn't realise they had announced NO REFUNDS after the initial venue change! They were offering buses to the new venue from bury. What a shambles.

M41Weekender on 10:32 - May 28 with 2653 viewsflyerdale

M41Weekender on 08:49 - May 28 by dingdangblue

Black Grape are playing a Ricky Hatton night at Manchester Victoria Warehouse on Sat 13th June - it seems it was only confirmed they were playing last weekend but even so - the organisers of this shambles must have known this Event City Festival was doomed - why wait another 3-4 days before yesterdays announcement? Suppose it gives them another month holding onto other peoples money - I didn't realise they had announced NO REFUNDS after the initial venue change! They were offering buses to the new venue from bury. What a shambles.

The black grape gig was announced on see tickets on the 24th April
[Post edited 28 May 2015 10:33]
M41Weekender on 10:45 - May 28 with 2631 viewsdingdangblue

M41Weekender on 10:32 - May 28 by flyerdale

Well thats shocking, its obvious there was never going to be anything happening at Event City. Pretty sure Event City haven't even been advertising anything since it was announced - but the event organisers were still accepting ticket purchases? Good luck to anyone trying to get a refund.

M41Weekender on 10:57 - May 28 with 2621 viewsD_Alien

M41Weekender on 10:45 - May 28 by dingdangblue

Well thats shocking, its obvious there was never going to be anything happening at Event City. Pretty sure Event City haven't even been advertising anything since it was announced - but the event organisers were still accepting ticket purchases? Good luck to anyone trying to get a refund.

Is this Weekender-gate for Day?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

M41Weekender on 10:57 - May 28 with 2621 viewsColDale

M41Weekender on 10:32 - May 28 by flyerdale

Could never understand in the first place why Happy Mondays were playing a gig when they were smack bang in the middle of a Black Grape tour. I know the Saturday was a spare date, but it always seemed odd.

Equally, if you wanted to make money from a 10,000 to 15,000 capacity concert, surely you just go down the road and have it at the MEN. It's purpose built, and whilst it won't just be a case of turning up, plugging in and hosting the concert, the operational costs must have been absolutely fractional compared with hosting it somewhere without a stage, no license and no history of running anything like this ever before. Would at a push make sense if they were hosting it somewhere like Carlisle with nothing similar for miles around, but not somewhere six miles down the road from the perfect venue.

Admittedly, we were always going to be asking questions of this event, but it's been screaming out since the first day that it was just never going to happen, and is looking more and more like it was only ever "arranged" to suggest there were revenue streams to justify the loans.
M41Weekender on 16:59 - May 28 with 2455 viewsflyerdale

M41Weekender on 10:57 - May 28 by ColDale

Could never understand in the first place why Happy Mondays were playing a gig when they were smack bang in the middle of a Black Grape tour. I know the Saturday was a spare date, but it always seemed odd.

Equally, if you wanted to make money from a 10,000 to 15,000 capacity concert, surely you just go down the road and have it at the MEN. It's purpose built, and whilst it won't just be a case of turning up, plugging in and hosting the concert, the operational costs must have been absolutely fractional compared with hosting it somewhere without a stage, no license and no history of running anything like this ever before. Would at a push make sense if they were hosting it somewhere like Carlisle with nothing similar for miles around, but not somewhere six miles down the road from the perfect venue.

Admittedly, we were always going to be asking questions of this event, but it's been screaming out since the first day that it was just never going to happen, and is looking more and more like it was only ever "arranged" to suggest there were revenue streams to justify the loans.

Why didn't they get the correct licenses BEFORE organising acts then announcing the two gigs??? Baffling really. Day will be hit hard in the pocket on this one as artists will still want money paying as they will have turned down other work for this in the height of the festival season.

Maybe it will reign in the milky bar kid now with his big ideas that are bound for failure
M41Weekender on 18:00 - May 28 with 2407 viewsdingdangblue

M41Weekender on 16:59 - May 28 by flyerdale

Why didn't they get the correct licenses BEFORE organising acts then announcing the two gigs??? Baffling really. Day will be hit hard in the pocket on this one as artists will still want money paying as they will have turned down other work for this in the height of the festival season.

Maybe it will reign in the milky bar kid now with his big ideas that are bound for failure

Something like Elbow doing 2 'homecoming' gigs would have worked, and the Scott Quigg fight sounds like a moneymaker if it ever comes off, but the 2 day festival with not a great line up was doomed from the start.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024