Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Perkins 12:52 - May 19 with 23259 viewsupthedale89

Released would he be worth a trial
David Perkins on 13:39 - May 19 with 8932 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Whitey said his legs had gone 12 months ago.......leave it.
David Perkins on 14:00 - May 19 with 8876 viewsWhiteyBFC

David Perkins on 13:39 - May 19 by Yorkshire_Dale

They had, unfortunately, which kind of limits his effectiveness. However, at L1 level he might still be worth a contract for someone. Lovely lad, Perks, and a terrific footballer for the first two years. Loved him.
David Perkins on 16:14 - May 19 with 8595 viewsfitzochris

A great player for this club and a good example of stepping up from non-league.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

David Perkins on 16:32 - May 19 with 8545 viewsdavidab2202

David Perkins on 16:14 - May 19 by fitzochris

A great player for this club and a good example of stepping up from non-league.

Think it more likely that he will be back at Morecambe then Spotland
David Perkins on 19:10 - May 19 with 8213 viewsScunnydale

Heart says yes, head says no.
David Perkins on 19:37 - May 19 with 8140 viewsdingdangblue

Been looking on youtube for highlights of that Darlington game and 'that' goal - it used to be on but seems to have been taken off.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

David Perkins on 19:46 - May 19 with 8119 viewsBrierls

He'd certainly be worth a look on a trial.

I always seem to start off a reply/comment re Whitey like this, but he's hardly a great judge of player going off comments on here. Form your own opinion L&G.
(No subject) (n/t) on 20:13 - May 19 with 8044 viewsRotherhamDale

Absolutely! He'd be an ideal replacement for Dawson, if he leaves.

I doubt his legs have gone, he's not exactly Gary Jones.
[Post edited 19 May 2015 20:15]

Possession with progression.

Login to get fewer ads

David Perkins on 20:22 - May 19 with 8008 viewsWhiteyBFC

David Perkins on 19:46 - May 19 by Brierls

He'd certainly be worth a look on a trial.

I always seem to start off a reply/comment re Whitey like this, but he's hardly a great judge of player going off comments on here. Form your own opinion L&G.

I'm not a paid scout, I'm certainly not a coach. I'm just a long suffering football supporter who watches one club and passes on opinions formed over time, watching footballers who play for BFC. If my opinion of Stephen Dawson as a BFC player in the Championship for three seasons doesn't match up to your opinion of him as a Dale player for a few months in L1, that doesn't make either of us right/wrong. Just opinions.

Same goes for Perkins, Wiseman, Dagnall, TK, O'Grady, Done etc etc etc. However, the majority of those lads were good at Oakwell in the main, in my opinion. Even TK was decent in his first 20 games or so. Wiseman was dogshit throughout, the rest were all good for us a lot more often than not.

I remember creating a thread on here telling you Done was signing for you again, and in it I said he would tear up the lower leagues. I told you RNL had the quality to thrive at this level and was very talented but something was missing from his game on a mental and physical side.

I think I give a fair assessment of players. Maybe not perfectly accurate, but fair.

And it's my opinion that Perkins was shot at Championship level the season we got rid. And I saw him twice against Huddersfield this last season gone, and he was beyond poor. But that's the second tier, not L1 and that's why I always suggest it's difficult to know how they'd perform a level below.

We were told by Scunny fans that Sam Winnall was lazy and overweight. I couldn't think of two adjectives more unsuited to him having seen him run his bollocks off for us last season.

It's an opinions game, matey.
David Perkins on 20:36 - May 19 with 7955 viewsdalestats

Perkins might well do a job at L1 - as for Winnall I think that was bitter Scunny fans TBH he looked quality against Dale when playing for the Irons

Poll: Remain in the eu

David Perkins on 20:40 - May 19 with 7929 viewsfitzochris

David Perkins on 20:36 - May 19 by dalestats

Perkins might well do a job at L1 - as for Winnall I think that was bitter Scunny fans TBH he looked quality against Dale when playing for the Irons

Winnall averaged better than one goal every two games since joining Scunny from Wolves. Sounds like bitterness on their part from me.
[Post edited 19 May 2015 20:41]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

David Perkins on 20:41 - May 19 with 7928 viewsBrierls

David Perkins on 20:22 - May 19 by WhiteyBFC

I'm not a paid scout, I'm certainly not a coach. I'm just a long suffering football supporter who watches one club and passes on opinions formed over time, watching footballers who play for BFC. If my opinion of Stephen Dawson as a BFC player in the Championship for three seasons doesn't match up to your opinion of him as a Dale player for a few months in L1, that doesn't make either of us right/wrong. Just opinions.

Same goes for Perkins, Wiseman, Dagnall, TK, O'Grady, Done etc etc etc. However, the majority of those lads were good at Oakwell in the main, in my opinion. Even TK was decent in his first 20 games or so. Wiseman was dogshit throughout, the rest were all good for us a lot more often than not.

I remember creating a thread on here telling you Done was signing for you again, and in it I said he would tear up the lower leagues. I told you RNL had the quality to thrive at this level and was very talented but something was missing from his game on a mental and physical side.

I think I give a fair assessment of players. Maybe not perfectly accurate, but fair.

And it's my opinion that Perkins was shot at Championship level the season we got rid. And I saw him twice against Huddersfield this last season gone, and he was beyond poor. But that's the second tier, not L1 and that's why I always suggest it's difficult to know how they'd perform a level below.

We were told by Scunny fans that Sam Winnall was lazy and overweight. I couldn't think of two adjectives more unsuited to him having seen him run his bollocks off for us last season.

Are you angling for a job at GMR?
David Perkins on 20:45 - May 19 with 7896 viewssweetcorn

David Perkins on 13:39 - May 19 by Yorkshire_Dale

Whitey also thinks RNL is a good player and good enough to excel in this league, whilst TK isn't good enough for this level, just let that sink in and then reassess whether whitey saying something qualifies as a reason for no trial..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

David Perkins on 20:58 - May 19 with 7855 views442Dale

David Perkins on 20:22 - May 19 by WhiteyBFC

That's not true about Wiseman. He played well during your great escape when used mainly in the centre. Might have been poor before and after, but certainly not throughout.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

David Perkins on 21:00 - May 19 with 7848 viewsYorkshire_Dale

David Perkins on 20:45 - May 19 by sweetcorn

Whitey also thinks RNL is a good player and good enough to excel in this league, whilst TK isn't good enough for this level, just let that sink in and then reassess whether whitey saying something qualifies as a reason for no trial..

My "Whitey says" comments are always in jest........as said,we all have differing opinions of players.

I was always a big fan of Perks .......but that was some time ago and remember his pro-career was late in starting.

I also enjoy Whitey's Wit............
David Perkins on 02:06 - May 20 with 7514 viewsWhiteyBFC

David Perkins on 20:58 - May 19 by 442Dale

That's not true about Wiseman. He played well during your great escape when used mainly in the centre. Might have been poor before and after, but certainly not throughout.

He was dogshit, mate. How many games did you see, two, three? The lad was an absolute disaster at centre half. The great escape had naff all to do with him. It was about Steele, Hassell, Foster, Harewood, TK, Scotland, Daggers, COGba etc, even Perkins and to an extent Etuhu showed up well in that couple of months. Oh, and Mellis.

Wiseman was the biggest weak link I've ever seen for our club, and his ineptitude ended up going some way to costing Keith Hill his job. If he had an half decent game here and there it was because he didn't fccuk up for once. Feeble.

We dissected the 2012-13 season on our forum, and Wiseman was to blame for over 40% of our goals.

So yes, it is true. Dogshit throughout.
David Perkins on 02:13 - May 20 with 7513 viewsWhiteyBFC

David Perkins on 20:45 - May 19 by sweetcorn

I don't think he is, I know he is. He was your best player in your last game too. You capitulated once he went off.

He's got things to work on, definitely, but he's only young and is certainly good enough to stand out at this level.

And TK is bang average. I didn't say he wasn't good enough for this level, you're making things up now sweetie. I said I'd be surprised if Keith goes with him as a first choice starter next season. But then I was surprised he persisted in Wiseman over Stones and saw him lose his job so you never know with old big mouth.

Perkins was a busted flush for us. He's hardly proven that to be false in his time at Blackpool has he? They've even released him. But as I said before, in L1 he might still have it, for someone around the bottom half. But surely Rochdale are aiming higher? You've just finished outside the playoffs, I think you can do better than Perkins, but hey, you crack on trialling him based on fading memories of yesteryear...
David Perkins on 07:01 - May 20 with 7447 viewsnordenblue

David Perkins on 02:13 - May 20 by WhiteyBFC

I don't think he is, I know he is. He was your best player in your last game too. You capitulated once he went off.

He's got things to work on, definitely, but he's only young and is certainly good enough to stand out at this level.

And TK is bang average. I didn't say he wasn't good enough for this level, you're making things up now sweetie. I said I'd be surprised if Keith goes with him as a first choice starter next season. But then I was surprised he persisted in Wiseman over Stones and saw him lose his job so you never know with old big mouth.

Perkins was a busted flush for us. He's hardly proven that to be false in his time at Blackpool has he? They've even released him. But as I said before, in L1 he might still have it, for someone around the bottom half. But surely Rochdale are aiming higher? You've just finished outside the playoffs, I think you can do better than Perkins, but hey, you crack on trialling him based on fading memories of yesteryear...

If you think rnl was our best player at your place you really are pissed,he was piss poor like most the team tbf.Im not sure our capitulation was anything to do with him going off,more an inability to defend set pieces a problem we had for quite some time Whitey
David Perkins on 07:57 - May 20 with 7373 viewsAtThePeake

David Perkins on 07:01 - May 20 by nordenblue

If you think rnl was our best player at your place you really are pissed,he was piss poor like most the team tbf.Im not sure our capitulation was anything to do with him going off,more an inability to defend set pieces a problem we had for quite some time Whitey

And also the sending off? I'd say that was much more of a factor than RNL being subbed off.

Tangled up in blue.

David Perkins on 08:09 - May 20 with 7344 views442Dale

David Perkins on 02:06 - May 20 by WhiteyBFC

He was dogshit, mate. How many games did you see, two, three? The lad was an absolute disaster at centre half. The great escape had naff all to do with him. It was about Steele, Hassell, Foster, Harewood, TK, Scotland, Daggers, COGba etc, even Perkins and to an extent Etuhu showed up well in that couple of months. Oh, and Mellis.

Wiseman was the biggest weak link I've ever seen for our club, and his ineptitude ended up going some way to costing Keith Hill his job. If he had an half decent game here and there it was because he didn't fccuk up for once. Feeble.

We dissected the 2012-13 season on our forum, and Wiseman was to blame for over 40% of our goals.

So yes, it is true. Dogshit throughout.

That's unfair. In fact in one of the games I did see he wasn't that great - at Huddersfield last day - think I said so at the time. For some reason Flitcroft reverted back to a back four and neither he or Crainie looked comfortable.

The opinion was formed on reactions on your board at the time when Wiseman was praised for his upturn in form after Flitcroft took over, both he and Kennedy were praised for their displays in the three at the back system that was pretty successful. And didn't he even do a bit better at right back during this period too?

I'd find some links on the Barnsley board to back this up, but the search function only goes back to the start of this year. I'm sure there are threads on here if 'Wiseman' is stuck in the search, page 4 of the results has a few. Edit: in fact from one of those threads there's a link to a post on Barnsley's forum... http://bbs.barnsleyfc.org.uk/showthread.php?189558-Perfection-today

I'm all for calling things how they are and Wiseman was obviously quite rubbish at Oakwell, but for those few months he did pretty well. Same as Flitcroft really.
[Post edited 20 May 2015 8:14]

David Perkins on 08:30 - May 20 with 7309 viewsmilly

Just because a certain player did not perform that well at one club does not mean he cant be a success elsewhere.For instance,COG never got rave reviews anywhere until he joined us.I will also mention our near neighbours also with a certain Mr Tutte.I never saw anything in Tutte and was not sorry to see him go but my Shaker mate says he has been class for them.Sometimes,a player finds that right club where it all goes well for him.The way Whitey goes on,you would think that Barnsley are a team of world class players.
David Perkins on 08:52 - May 20 with 7270 viewsRalphs12

David Perkins on 02:13 - May 20 by WhiteyBFC

Had a great game at your place did RNL, kicked it hard once and got a corner, then waddled about for the rest of the time he was playing, quality. Only game I thought he did alright that I've been at... Swindon? Came on and whipped afew crosses in. Not done enough to win me over, hopefully next year he kicks it hard abit more often.
David Perkins on 08:52 - May 20 with 7265 views442Dale

David Perkins on 08:30 - May 20 by milly

Just because a certain player did not perform that well at one club does not mean he cant be a success elsewhere.For instance,COG never got rave reviews anywhere until he joined us.I will also mention our near neighbours also with a certain Mr Tutte.I never saw anything in Tutte and was not sorry to see him go but my Shaker mate says he has been class for them.Sometimes,a player finds that right club where it all goes well for him.The way Whitey goes on,you would think that Barnsley are a team of world class players.

Not sure he thinks that. His assessments are based on what he sees like he rest of us, sometimes players will have a decent run of form but their overall contribution at a club might not be judged in a positive light - like Tutte who himself played well for Dale at times but suffers in retrospect when compared to others and for not really pushing on and contributing after Hill came back.

Barnsley should be above us next season, whether they will be will be decided on the pitch over the campaign.

David Perkins on 09:32 - May 20 with 7224 viewsBarryStrange

David Perkins on 08:52 - May 20 by 442Dale

Not sure he thinks that. His assessments are based on what he sees like he rest of us, sometimes players will have a decent run of form but their overall contribution at a club might not be judged in a positive light - like Tutte who himself played well for Dale at times but suffers in retrospect when compared to others and for not really pushing on and contributing after Hill came back.

Barnsley should be above us next season, whether they will be will be decided on the pitch over the campaign.

That's what makes football fun though - different opinions on seeing the same thing. Also the gap between divisions makes a difference when assessing someone like Perkins who has bounced around between 3 divisions in his career - the gap between L1 and L2 isn't that big, the gap between L1 and Championship is huge. Even when we went up there in 1997, we went from playing against Kyle Lightbourne to playing against Kevin Phillips.

A lot depends on what happens just before a player leaves a club when fans look back and assess their contribution - had Tutte left us in summer 2014 we would have thought "mardy douche with an opinion of himself far in excess of his ability". Ask a Bury fan now and it's "Tutte? Runs his knackers off every game, almost allergic to not having the ball".

Given that Perkins is ex-Barnsley and ex-Dale I can only assume DF will throw our hat in the ring, it's usually the only thing he looks for on his CV. Although for what it is worth, and I absolutely accept you lot see a lot more of him than I do, Perkins has never impressed me playing against Bury.
David Perkins on 09:37 - May 20 with 7219 viewsmilly

Sometimes,better players dont neccessaraly make the best team.I remember when Liverpool dominated European football,there were much better players around in the positions of Neal,Lee (and one or two others) but i doubt they would have bettered that Liverpool team.Perkins may not be the best but we already know what he is capable of here at Spotland.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024