Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Perkins 12:52 - May 19 with 23294 viewsupthedale89

Released would he be worth a trial
David Perkins on 09:46 - May 20 with 2958 viewsAtThePeake

David Perkins on 09:32 - May 20 by BarryStrange

That's what makes football fun though - different opinions on seeing the same thing. Also the gap between divisions makes a difference when assessing someone like Perkins who has bounced around between 3 divisions in his career - the gap between L1 and L2 isn't that big, the gap between L1 and Championship is huge. Even when we went up there in 1997, we went from playing against Kyle Lightbourne to playing against Kevin Phillips.

A lot depends on what happens just before a player leaves a club when fans look back and assess their contribution - had Tutte left us in summer 2014 we would have thought "mardy douche with an opinion of himself far in excess of his ability". Ask a Bury fan now and it's "Tutte? Runs his knackers off every game, almost allergic to not having the ball".

Given that Perkins is ex-Barnsley and ex-Dale I can only assume DF will throw our hat in the ring, it's usually the only thing he looks for on his CV. Although for what it is worth, and I absolutely accept you lot see a lot more of him than I do, Perkins has never impressed me playing against Bury.

One of my first non-Dale games was that game at Gigg Lane where Phillips scored a hat-trick and Sunderland won the league/promotion?

Think it finished 5-2, Phillips scored one of his goals while the Bury fans were still celebrating a goal of theirs.

Tangled up in blue.

David Perkins on 10:23 - May 20 with 2893 viewsParkinsGimp

Much rather have him back than Tom Kennedy!!!
David Perkins on 11:17 - May 20 with 2839 viewsTomRAFC

If he can still put a tackle in then he is definitely worth having with us. We need an experienced head in front of the back four.

I'll trust Hilly's judgement on whether he's still got it.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

David Perkins on 11:32 - May 20 with 2821 viewsAtThePeake

David Perkins on 11:17 - May 20 by TomRAFC

If he can still put a tackle in then he is definitely worth having with us. We need an experienced head in front of the back four.

I'll trust Hilly's judgement on whether he's still got it.

He hasn't really played in front of the back four though.

Personally I think we should stick with Bennett there. If he can find some consistency in that position he could be one of our key men next season.

Tangled up in blue.

David Perkins on 11:54 - May 20 with 2792 viewsRotherhamDale

I've heard it all now. We capitulated after RNL had gone off... We were shite anyway, and so is he. Every time he gets in a good wide position, he does nothing clever with it, he just blasts it into the area and hopes for the best.

Possession with progression.

David Perkins on 12:23 - May 20 with 2731 viewsWhiteyBFC

David Perkins on 07:01 - May 20 by nordenblue

If you think rnl was our best player at your place you really are pissed,he was piss poor like most the team tbf.Im not sure our capitulation was anything to do with him going off,more an inability to defend set pieces a problem we had for quite some time Whitey

I was taking the piss. He wasn't great, but he wasn't as bad as most of them were. Allen was the standout player when on the pitch. But as you say, it was the inability to defend set pieces that did for you that afternoon, where TK was beaten by 5 foot dwarf Josh Scowen.
David Perkins on 12:25 - May 20 with 2726 viewsWhiteyBFC

David Perkins on 08:09 - May 20 by 442Dale

That's unfair. In fact in one of the games I did see he wasn't that great - at Huddersfield last day - think I said so at the time. For some reason Flitcroft reverted back to a back four and neither he or Crainie looked comfortable.

The opinion was formed on reactions on your board at the time when Wiseman was praised for his upturn in form after Flitcroft took over, both he and Kennedy were praised for their displays in the three at the back system that was pretty successful. And didn't he even do a bit better at right back during this period too?

I'd find some links on the Barnsley board to back this up, but the search function only goes back to the start of this year. I'm sure there are threads on here if 'Wiseman' is stuck in the search, page 4 of the results has a few. Edit: in fact from one of those threads there's a link to a post on Barnsley's forum... http://bbs.barnsleyfc.org.uk/showthread.php?189558-Perfection-today

I'm all for calling things how they are and Wiseman was obviously quite rubbish at Oakwell, but for those few months he did pretty well. Same as Flitcroft really.
[Post edited 20 May 2015 8:14]

No. He was shit, mate.
David Perkins on 12:29 - May 20 with 2717 viewsWhiteyBFC

David Perkins on 08:30 - May 20 by milly

Just because a certain player did not perform that well at one club does not mean he cant be a success elsewhere.For instance,COG never got rave reviews anywhere until he joined us.I will also mention our near neighbours also with a certain Mr Tutte.I never saw anything in Tutte and was not sorry to see him go but my Shaker mate says he has been class for them.Sometimes,a player finds that right club where it all goes well for him.The way Whitey goes on,you would think that Barnsley are a team of world class players.

You clearly haven't read any of my posts in the last two years then. We've had a handful of decent lads mixed together with a raft of endless shite. Last season we had more good than bad, but getting them all fit and working as a unit proved difficult. Changing managers doesn't help.

I don't see how my criticism of former players who weren't very good for us means I'm saying BFC are full of world class players. We were full of shite ex Daleys.
Login to get fewer ads

David Perkins on 12:39 - May 20 with 2697 viewsWhiteyBFC

David Perkins on 08:52 - May 20 by 442Dale

Not sure he thinks that. His assessments are based on what he sees like he rest of us, sometimes players will have a decent run of form but their overall contribution at a club might not be judged in a positive light - like Tutte who himself played well for Dale at times but suffers in retrospect when compared to others and for not really pushing on and contributing after Hill came back.

Barnsley should be above us next season, whether they will be will be decided on the pitch over the campaign.

Exactly that. i'm giving my fair assessment of them on what I've seen, and in all honesty I think I've only really given Wiseman lots of stick on here. I've always praised Daggers, COGba, Done. I've always said I liked TK in a back three, but that at LB he was beyond bad. I always say that Dawson was our most consistent player in his first 7 months under Keith, but became worse after the first injury and never looked the same player. And I always loved Perkins until it became clear that the one true advantage he had over others, his main asset (his legs/stamina etc) had gone.

I'm friendly with Reuben, as I've said before so you should take my comments on him with a pinch of salt. But I do truly believe he's talented. Just needs to sort out his head, he could thrive if he had that Daws/Perks endeavour. Hell, Matty Done endeavour. Because he's got more skill than they have. All graft and no skill or no graft and all skill, not going to happen. Marry the two. Quids in. Laughing. But yeah, pinch of salt.

As for us next season, LJ's remit is top six. The fanbase expect top six. But with what looks like another rebuild of sorts, you never know which way it will go. But I know we're top six in budgetary terms so he'll be backed and given the tools to achieve the stated aim. Up to him to deliver. I hope he does, because this division is awful and I quite like the bloke.
David Perkins on 12:42 - May 20 with 2684 viewsWhiteyBFC

David Perkins on 11:54 - May 20 by RotherhamDale

I've heard it all now. We capitulated after RNL had gone off... We were shite anyway, and so is he. Every time he gets in a good wide position, he does nothing clever with it, he just blasts it into the area and hopes for the best.

Aye, course.

As much clue about football as the silly arse in your avatar.
David Perkins on 12:50 - May 20 with 2669 viewsRotherhamDale

David Perkins on 12:42 - May 20 by WhiteyBFC

Aye, course.

As much clue about football as the silly arse in your avatar.

Why don't you write 15 paragraphs about it like you normally do?
[Post edited 20 May 2015 12:52]

Possession with progression.

David Perkins on 13:28 - May 20 with 2572 viewsmilly

David Perkins on 12:29 - May 20 by WhiteyBFC

You clearly haven't read any of my posts in the last two years then. We've had a handful of decent lads mixed together with a raft of endless shite. Last season we had more good than bad, but getting them all fit and working as a unit proved difficult. Changing managers doesn't help.

I don't see how my criticism of former players who weren't very good for us means I'm saying BFC are full of world class players. We were full of shite ex Daleys.

Just cos certain player/s does not perform well at Barnsley does not automatically mean he is not good.Plenty of players have been deemed rubbish at one club then excel at another.A certain Joseph (Kevin) Keegan springs to mind from years ago.Doncaster said he would never ever on this earth become a league footballer.
David Perkins on 13:37 - May 20 with 2542 viewsPaulHeymanGuy

David Perkins on 12:39 - May 20 by WhiteyBFC

Exactly that. i'm giving my fair assessment of them on what I've seen, and in all honesty I think I've only really given Wiseman lots of stick on here. I've always praised Daggers, COGba, Done. I've always said I liked TK in a back three, but that at LB he was beyond bad. I always say that Dawson was our most consistent player in his first 7 months under Keith, but became worse after the first injury and never looked the same player. And I always loved Perkins until it became clear that the one true advantage he had over others, his main asset (his legs/stamina etc) had gone.

I'm friendly with Reuben, as I've said before so you should take my comments on him with a pinch of salt. But I do truly believe he's talented. Just needs to sort out his head, he could thrive if he had that Daws/Perks endeavour. Hell, Matty Done endeavour. Because he's got more skill than they have. All graft and no skill or no graft and all skill, not going to happen. Marry the two. Quids in. Laughing. But yeah, pinch of salt.

As for us next season, LJ's remit is top six. The fanbase expect top six. But with what looks like another rebuild of sorts, you never know which way it will go. But I know we're top six in budgetary terms so he'll be backed and given the tools to achieve the stated aim. Up to him to deliver. I hope he does, because this division is awful and I quite like the bloke.

Do you post this much tripe on your own forum?
David Perkins on 13:55 - May 20 with 2481 viewstazzydjr

David Perkins on 12:39 - May 20 by WhiteyBFC

You won't be anywhere near that top 6 next season for the simple fact your first managerial sacking will happen at Christmas because your fans would of got fed up of the back to back losses, your fans will use their bullying tactics on the little southerner which will only add more pressure. Then bring more losses which will follow you sacking him by Christmas. Sitting near bottom of the table you'll appoint LJ's assistant which will bring some win's followed by draw's and losses. Then you'll sack him then be hunting one of next season's actual top 6 for your 3rd Managerial appointment of the campaign. It's typical barnsley logic you should know the script by now whitey

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

David Perkins on 14:48 - May 20 with 2397 viewsWhiteyBFC

David Perkins on 12:50 - May 20 by RotherhamDale

Why don't you write 15 paragraphs about it like you normally do?
[Post edited 20 May 2015 12:52]

Unlike Ginola, tha not worth it.
David Perkins on 14:49 - May 20 with 2280 viewsWhiteyBFC

David Perkins on 13:28 - May 20 by milly

Just cos certain player/s does not perform well at Barnsley does not automatically mean he is not good.Plenty of players have been deemed rubbish at one club then excel at another.A certain Joseph (Kevin) Keegan springs to mind from years ago.Doncaster said he would never ever on this earth become a league footballer.

I'm aware of that, and nowhere have I claimed different.
David Perkins on 14:49 - May 20 with 2278 viewsWhiteyBFC

David Perkins on 13:37 - May 20 by PaulHeymanGuy

Do you post this much tripe on your own forum?

Yep.

But I don't watch wrestling...
David Perkins on 15:02 - May 20 with 2256 viewsWhiteyBFC

David Perkins on 13:55 - May 20 by tazzydjr

You won't be anywhere near that top 6 next season for the simple fact your first managerial sacking will happen at Christmas because your fans would of got fed up of the back to back losses, your fans will use their bullying tactics on the little southerner which will only add more pressure. Then bring more losses which will follow you sacking him by Christmas. Sitting near bottom of the table you'll appoint LJ's assistant which will bring some win's followed by draw's and losses. Then you'll sack him then be hunting one of next season's actual top 6 for your 3rd Managerial appointment of the campaign. It's typical barnsley logic you should know the script by now whitey

You might be somewhere near the truth there, Tazzy, except the bits about our fans using bullying tactics. The last two managerial changes came AGAINST fan opinion.

I'm looking forward to supporting my club as usual next season, what will be will be. But I do have hopes for the top six, based purely on the size of our club, our gates, our budget and our fantastic young players coming through. These things are an advantage over the majority of clubs at this level, such as yourself. However, without good management and a united front at the club they mean little.

It's time for our board to back their latest manager.
David Perkins on 15:05 - May 20 with 2248 viewsmilly

David Perkins on 14:49 - May 20 by WhiteyBFC

I'm aware of that, and nowhere have I claimed different.

Well,its very rare you praise ex Barnsley players.You normally say they were not good enough.
David Perkins on 15:09 - May 20 with 2236 viewsmilly

Listen Whitey,i remember the Division 4 Barnsley.You then had a few great years but,in my opinion,L1 is your true level.You just over-achieved in your seasons in the top 2 leagues.
[Post edited 20 May 2015 15:09]
David Perkins on 15:20 - May 20 with 2203 viewsaleanddale

David Perkins on 11:32 - May 20 by AtThePeake

He hasn't really played in front of the back four though.

Personally I think we should stick with Bennett there. If he can find some consistency in that position he could be one of our key men next season.

Away from Barnsley !!!

Agree ATP hope bennett makes that position his own next season...
David Perkins on 15:25 - May 20 with 2200 viewsWhiteyBFC

David Perkins on 15:05 - May 20 by milly

Well,its very rare you praise ex Barnsley players.You normally say they were not good enough.

For the sixty eighth time this week - COG, Daggers, TK (at centre half), Done, Perkins (for most of his time here) and Dawson (for half of his time here) were all between okay and good for us. Some more than others. But of the lot of them, I was only disappointed to lose Daggers at the time of their respective departures. We got out at the right time regards the others.

You have to appreciate I saw these sort of lads at Championship level. Which is a massive step up in quality. You'll have to trust me on that seeing as you wouldn't know..

Wiseman was horrendous.
David Perkins on 15:28 - May 20 with 2194 viewsWhiteyBFC

David Perkins on 15:09 - May 20 by milly

Listen Whitey,i remember the Division 4 Barnsley.You then had a few great years but,in my opinion,L1 is your true level.You just over-achieved in your seasons in the top 2 leagues.
[Post edited 20 May 2015 15:09]

We overachieved for 74 seasons then, aye?

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/bars.htm

The second tier is our true level historically. There isn't one thing you can point to that would prove otherwise. But I have no idea why you've gone down this route of debate in a thread discussing the merits of David Perkins who is currently in talks with Wigan. You know, that club who are historically a non league club?
David Perkins on 15:29 - May 20 with 2192 viewsmilly

David Perkins on 15:25 - May 20 by WhiteyBFC

For the sixty eighth time this week - COG, Daggers, TK (at centre half), Done, Perkins (for most of his time here) and Dawson (for half of his time here) were all between okay and good for us. Some more than others. But of the lot of them, I was only disappointed to lose Daggers at the time of their respective departures. We got out at the right time regards the others.

You have to appreciate I saw these sort of lads at Championship level. Which is a massive step up in quality. You'll have to trust me on that seeing as you wouldn't know..

Wiseman was horrendous.

Maybe thats true about the championship but,you are L1 now and most of those players would be good enough for you at this standard.You cant expect to attract decent championship/premier players to your club whilst in this league.
David Perkins on 15:33 - May 20 with 2172 views442Dale

David Perkins on 15:25 - May 20 by WhiteyBFC

Wiseman was horrendous.

Apart from a spell during the second half of 12/13.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024