Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forecasted extra revenue for next season 01:17 - May 21 with 7356 viewsHopwoodblue

Firstly the increase in admission prices Should bring in about an extra £110k
Based on the teams who are now our league would think our average gate could be around 4k ?
Say 1500 season ticket holders means around 2500 paying an extra £2 each = 5k per home game x
23 = 115k not sure if the kids under 16 have gone up but still a bit to compensate. Plus the extra money on top of last seasons away receipts with the teams now in div one.
Dawsons gone surely Lillis will to if we signed Logan, would their two wages not cover Logan's ?
If we are signing only key players surely O' Connell back on a season long loan (agree to pay 50% of his wages) plus a decent striker and we wouldn't be far short of starting the season off with a decent squad especially if this Donal guy turns out to be half tidy. Doesn't seem like would be breaking the bank to much. Surely we still have some of our transfer plus cup run money in there
To make up the short fall if there is any ?
Just a thought.

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 07:22 - May 21 with 3621 viewsaleanddale

Hilly will get it sorted..

Most contracts end June 30th so i expect Hilly has plan a / b and c lined up within the budget he has been given.

Donal signed

Cannon extended

A plethora of talent already on the books and contracted.

expect the unexpected would be my best advice judging Hills excellent close season business in the past.

We ( supporters ) all would like Logan / JOC + one or two others.

I think JOC is long gone now but Hopeful we might see Logan back in the Dale number 1 shirt.
Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 07:41 - May 21 with 3599 viewsisitme

I think most supporters would like Logan, a commanding centre back and a centre forward. From Hilly's recent Dale Player interview it appears he wants an experienced defensive midfielder in the Cav role from two seasons ago. Those are probably four, key, experienced players he talks about. If Kennedy does not re-sign then I expect another left back to come in. I can't see many more signings that that to be honest, unless others leave.
Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 08:51 - May 21 with 3500 viewsfitzochris

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 07:41 - May 21 by isitme

I think most supporters would like Logan, a commanding centre back and a centre forward. From Hilly's recent Dale Player interview it appears he wants an experienced defensive midfielder in the Cav role from two seasons ago. Those are probably four, key, experienced players he talks about. If Kennedy does not re-sign then I expect another left back to come in. I can't see many more signings that that to be honest, unless others leave.

Someone like Keith Andrews would be ideal in that defensive midfield role. Again, though, it comes down to what these type of players will class as an acceptable deal.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 09:00 - May 21 with 3491 viewsdingdangblue

Have we ever sold 1500 season tickets? I would have thought it would be nearer the 1000 mark max.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 09:33 - May 21 with 3445 viewsBigKindo

'Last season's away receipts'? I thought that clubs retained 100% of their match receipts from league games? You only get a share in cup competitions.
Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 09:41 - May 21 with 3430 viewsmilly

Wont be much different to the season just passed.Increased Policing,electricity etc etc will soon eat into the extra cash.I read somewhere that Policing is to rise by around 15% at football games.
Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 09:50 - May 21 with 3411 viewsdingdangblue

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 09:33 - May 21 by BigKindo

'Last season's away receipts'? I thought that clubs retained 100% of their match receipts from league games? You only get a share in cup competitions.

Think he means the away fans at Spotland. Some away followings on their own last season were more than a couple of total attendances!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 09:50 - May 21 with 3410 viewstazzydjr

2015-2016 Season could of been in our favor. If prices aren't increased we could of being making loads more money not just from the gate but also refreshments, programme's, beer Pre-match, Post-match & half time draw. Lets just hope the club aren't greedy on the next 3 cup run's (JPT, League Cup & FA Cup). If we had of done it right and reverted back to Centenary Year plan. We'd of been seeing around 3k Season Tickets sold plus those who pay on the gate plus increased crowds from the likes of Blackpool, Wigan, Oldham, Sheff Utd, Bradford, B**y, Port Vale, Doncaster, Chesterfield, Crewe, Shrewsbury, Burton & Barnsley (Fingers crossed PNE also). We'd of average a gate every other week around 8k plus fans that's how you make big bucks in the beautiful game. These matches now we'll be lucky to have 5k there in my eye's. I see that as a loss of 3k extra fans on them seats at the fortress don't get me wrong we've got good businessman behind the scenes but they've seem to have lost touch with what made Rochdale the club to be supporter.
[Post edited 21 May 2015 9:51]

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Login to get fewer ads

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 10:06 - May 21 with 3376 viewsisitme

Tazzy, some of your figures seem a bit optimistic. I cannot see Crewe or Port Vale bringing that many, especially when the games will probably be on a Tuesday night.

Also what is this Centenary Plan you always go on about?
Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 10:07 - May 21 with 3376 viewsnordenblue

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 09:50 - May 21 by tazzydjr

2015-2016 Season could of been in our favor. If prices aren't increased we could of being making loads more money not just from the gate but also refreshments, programme's, beer Pre-match, Post-match & half time draw. Lets just hope the club aren't greedy on the next 3 cup run's (JPT, League Cup & FA Cup). If we had of done it right and reverted back to Centenary Year plan. We'd of been seeing around 3k Season Tickets sold plus those who pay on the gate plus increased crowds from the likes of Blackpool, Wigan, Oldham, Sheff Utd, Bradford, B**y, Port Vale, Doncaster, Chesterfield, Crewe, Shrewsbury, Burton & Barnsley (Fingers crossed PNE also). We'd of average a gate every other week around 8k plus fans that's how you make big bucks in the beautiful game. These matches now we'll be lucky to have 5k there in my eye's. I see that as a loss of 3k extra fans on them seats at the fortress don't get me wrong we've got good businessman behind the scenes but they've seem to have lost touch with what made Rochdale the club to be supporter.
[Post edited 21 May 2015 9:51]

What is this "centenary plan" you keep saying the club should be reverting to?
Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 10:21 - May 21 with 3358 viewstazzydjr

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 10:06 - May 21 by isitme

Tazzy, some of your figures seem a bit optimistic. I cannot see Crewe or Port Vale bringing that many, especially when the games will probably be on a Tuesday night.

Also what is this Centenary Plan you always go on about?

Similar to what we did in 2007/2008 also what fellow Lancashire outfit Wigan have done putting season tickets down to just £250 average a Centenary year Repeat would of worked in the clubs favor rather than a sudden price increase alienating current supporters who pay on the gate not everyone can afford the £333 - £360

I also hope the club have a Business Plan B in place say the price increase plan fails
[Post edited 21 May 2015 10:29]

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 10:32 - May 21 with 3331 viewsRalphs12

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 10:21 - May 21 by tazzydjr

Similar to what we did in 2007/2008 also what fellow Lancashire outfit Wigan have done putting season tickets down to just £250 average a Centenary year Repeat would of worked in the clubs favor rather than a sudden price increase alienating current supporters who pay on the gate not everyone can afford the £333 - £360

I also hope the club have a Business Plan B in place say the price increase plan fails
[Post edited 21 May 2015 10:29]

Not everyone would be able to afford whatever price the club sets.

Also do you think the club can afford to lower prices and NOT get a boost in attendance to offset this? As has been said time and time again, we've frozen the prices for so long it had to change at some point unfortunately, it's the way of the world.
Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 10:39 - May 21 with 3313 viewstazzydjr

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 10:32 - May 21 by Ralphs12

Not everyone would be able to afford whatever price the club sets.

Also do you think the club can afford to lower prices and NOT get a boost in attendance to offset this? As has been said time and time again, we've frozen the prices for so long it had to change at some point unfortunately, it's the way of the world.

we both know the prices aren't always been "frozen" if they had of been we'd of been one of cheapest in Lancashire for a season ticket in League Football and that's a fact i love how people try to put down my business knowledge but i know for a fact prices last season put off people going it'll put off even more people this time around than 2007/2008 when we had it right

I would love the marketing manager to do a survey and i'll make sure the survey about our season tickets, refreshment, match ticket prices, beer prices etc gets to everyone in this town this will give you some type of idea of what you've signed yourself up for i personally don't think it's the so-called "hardest job in Football" just an case of having the right business brain and know your clients without upsetting loyal customers i think a wake up call from la la land

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 10:49 - May 21 with 3296 viewsRalphs12

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 10:39 - May 21 by tazzydjr

we both know the prices aren't always been "frozen" if they had of been we'd of been one of cheapest in Lancashire for a season ticket in League Football and that's a fact i love how people try to put down my business knowledge but i know for a fact prices last season put off people going it'll put off even more people this time around than 2007/2008 when we had it right

I would love the marketing manager to do a survey and i'll make sure the survey about our season tickets, refreshment, match ticket prices, beer prices etc gets to everyone in this town this will give you some type of idea of what you've signed yourself up for i personally don't think it's the so-called "hardest job in Football" just an case of having the right business brain and know your clients without upsetting loyal customers i think a wake up call from la la land

Frozen for 5 years? That's a long time in football, but yeah I agree you are the best business brain this town has. #livinglegend. How's the shirt sales going?

For what it's worth I don't buy a season ticket due to work commitments. So I'll be paying the match day prices. But hey ho, let's bash the club eh.
Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 10:58 - May 21 with 3275 viewstazzydjr

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 10:49 - May 21 by Ralphs12

Frozen for 5 years? That's a long time in football, but yeah I agree you are the best business brain this town has. #livinglegend. How's the shirt sales going?

For what it's worth I don't buy a season ticket due to work commitments. So I'll be paying the match day prices. But hey ho, let's bash the club eh.

In business you've got take the rough with the smooth but there is a fine line between upsetting the customer and offering value for money especially in a town like Rochdale it's called knowing what the people want the current product is turning into an exclusive private men's club i never though I'd say it but the club is loosing its soul once that goes next will be the heartbeat then the foundations made by them after the original 1896 club folded would of been for nothing

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 11:38 - May 21 with 3217 viewsdingdangblue

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 10:39 - May 21 by tazzydjr

Do you not think 23 games @ £333 ( £14.47 per game is value for money)?

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 11:39 - May 21 with 3215 viewsHK_Dale

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 10:58 - May 21 by tazzydjr

In business you've got take the rough with the smooth but there is a fine line between upsetting the customer and offering value for money especially in a town like Rochdale it's called knowing what the people want the current product is turning into an exclusive private men's club i never though I'd say it but the club is loosing its soul once that goes next will be the heartbeat then the foundations made by them after the original 1896 club folded would of been for nothing

Your comments show that you business knowledge is somewhat limited.

Other than anecdotal evidence your suggestions have no basis in real evidence.

If you consider the levers driving revenue, you either need a mass influx of people attending or increase the cost.

On historic attendance figures, including games with cost reducing offers, you can't guarantee the necessary spike of attendance required at 2007/8 prices to match the revenues of a slight increase in price.

On a risk aversion basis - the increase in price makes sense.
Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 11:45 - May 21 with 3199 viewsmilly

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 11:38 - May 21 by dingdangblue

Do you not think 23 games @ £333 ( £14.47 per game is value for money)?

Of course it is but lots of people cannot afford it in these times.Its ok if you are single but to a family man on say the minimum wage,it is hard to find that sort of money.I know two family men who have to pick and choose games,not because they are part timers (infact they are Dale through and through) but because finances dictate.
Fortunately,i can afford it but if it meant at the expense of my family,no way.Family first for me.
[Post edited 21 May 2015 11:47]
Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 11:56 - May 21 with 3165 viewsColDale

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 11:45 - May 21 by milly

Of course it is but lots of people cannot afford it in these times.Its ok if you are single but to a family man on say the minimum wage,it is hard to find that sort of money.I know two family men who have to pick and choose games,not because they are part timers (infact they are Dale through and through) but because finances dictate.
Fortunately,i can afford it but if it meant at the expense of my family,no way.Family first for me.
[Post edited 21 May 2015 11:47]

Fortunately cheaper prices are available. The price increase is clearly designed to make money out of away fans and may contribute the equivalent of one extra player to the first team squad. Home fans are being encouraged to get season tickets to avoid the increase. It will undoubtedly hit some but our cheapest entry will remain one of the cheapest in League One, if not the cheapest.

It works out at £12 a game in the Sandy - even cheaper if you are renewing, so the low earners are being looked after. If I can't afford first class air travel (which I can't), I go with a budget airline rather than not go on holiday at all.

Unfortunately, Wigan will still be funded by a £15 million Premier League parachute payment next season which will allow them to subsidise season tickets with funding we can only dream of.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 12:08 - May 21 with 3127 viewsmilly

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 11:56 - May 21 by ColDale

Fortunately cheaper prices are available. The price increase is clearly designed to make money out of away fans and may contribute the equivalent of one extra player to the first team squad. Home fans are being encouraged to get season tickets to avoid the increase. It will undoubtedly hit some but our cheapest entry will remain one of the cheapest in League One, if not the cheapest.

It works out at £12 a game in the Sandy - even cheaper if you are renewing, so the low earners are being looked after. If I can't afford first class air travel (which I can't), I go with a budget airline rather than not go on holiday at all.

Unfortunately, Wigan will still be funded by a £15 million Premier League parachute payment next season which will allow them to subsidise season tickets with funding we can only dream of.

This post has been edited by an administrator

One of my friends cannot go in the Sandy as he cannot stand for long periods.He has got degenerative disc disorder and needs to sit.Therefore,more expensive.
[Post edited 21 May 2015 12:08]
Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 12:24 - May 21 with 3085 viewsdingdangblue

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 12:08 - May 21 by milly

One of my friends cannot go in the Sandy as he cannot stand for long periods.He has got degenerative disc disorder and needs to sit.Therefore,more expensive.
[Post edited 21 May 2015 12:08]

I'm guessing that 99.9% of season tickets will be sold this month because of the early bird discount. The club should really think about launching a half season ticket after this period - maybe 10 games for £160 for those fans who haven't got £300 quid to spare in one hit.With the big local games we are going to be having a lot of floating fans may be interested in going to 10 of them for £16 rather than £20 on the day?

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 12:36 - May 21 with 3050 viewsJumeirahDale

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 12:24 - May 21 by dingdangblue

I'm guessing that 99.9% of season tickets will be sold this month because of the early bird discount. The club should really think about launching a half season ticket after this period - maybe 10 games for £160 for those fans who haven't got £300 quid to spare in one hit.With the big local games we are going to be having a lot of floating fans may be interested in going to 10 of them for £16 rather than £20 on the day?

Good idea that ddb, but have you run it past Tazzy yet?
Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 15:22 - May 21 with 2941 viewsnordenblue

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 12:24 - May 21 by dingdangblue

Nobody need to part with 300 quid in 1 hit, people who are genuinely interested can/do plan ahead.
I currently dont have a season ticket due to work commitments, like many others will hand pick the games i attend,ill attend less next season as close to 20 quid for 3rd tier football i think is far too expensive.
Whilst appreciating the needs of a business,the customer always has a choice based on value for money.
Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 18:29 - May 21 with 2801 views49thseason

If the idea behind the increased prices is mainly to milk a little more out of visiting fans , I wonder if we are not missing a trick with occasional cash-paying home supporters?

If they were offered a £2.00 voucher off the next home game as they pay at every match, home fans could get to see all home games for the same price as last season plus £2.00 for the first game they go to. Those who turn up only occasionally might be more inclined to go to the next home game if they know they will keep getting vouchers. Equally where vouchers are not used, some of them (say 5 or 6) could be used towards a discounted season ticket for 2016/17 season.
Simple but would it work?
Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 01:00 - May 22 with 2646 viewsNigeriamark

Seems most people accept the ticket prices even if they see some risks in increasing the "on the day" price. Season ticket holders gaining the biggest benefit which is quite right. Fans who attend just a few games have had an increase which again I believe is right. However I think the club are missing a trick by not having a middle ground e.g a 10 or 12 ticket ticket where the price per game is higher than a season ticket but less than a pay on the day. As a few have pointed out it is not just about the money, it is also work commitments for some that stops them buying a season ticket. A half way solution for those who can commit to most games but not all would work, especially if pre-season with an additional discount so the club can get the cash in early
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024