Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forecasted extra revenue for next season 01:17 - May 21 with 7331 viewsHopwoodblue

Firstly the increase in admission prices Should bring in about an extra £110k
Based on the teams who are now our league would think our average gate could be around 4k ?
Say 1500 season ticket holders means around 2500 paying an extra £2 each = 5k per home game x
23 = 115k not sure if the kids under 16 have gone up but still a bit to compensate. Plus the extra money on top of last seasons away receipts with the teams now in div one.
Dawsons gone surely Lillis will to if we signed Logan, would their two wages not cover Logan's ?
If we are signing only key players surely O' Connell back on a season long loan (agree to pay 50% of his wages) plus a decent striker and we wouldn't be far short of starting the season off with a decent squad especially if this Donal guy turns out to be half tidy. Doesn't seem like would be breaking the bank to much. Surely we still have some of our transfer plus cup run money in there
To make up the short fall if there is any ?
Just a thought.

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 01:24 - May 22 with 1301 viewsoddjob007

Some of the comments on here don't half make me laugh, "the current product is turning into an exclusive private men's club," not a phrase I would generally associate with Rochdale AFC!

Cheaper match day refreshments and beer. So you cut the prices by say 20%. Are sales going to increase by more than 20% to justify this cut? I'd go with a pretty firm no. Therefore club loses money. Also, isn't this all stadium company revenue anyway?

Match ticket prices. We have around 1,500 hardcore fans who, the majority of, will have bought their season tickets by now. We have around 1,000 floating fans (like myself who lives 150 miles away.) Is the price rise going to put me off? No. Group of lads " Dale playing xxxx today, fancy going?" I doubt the response will be "nah they've put the tickets up a couple of quid from last season." Football, sport, is unique in that it takes a substantial price change to lose customers, a lot more than the c.10% that has been imposed on the floating fans. There is an enviable "brand" loyalty that other industries do not come close to. Countering that -so the few quid price rise puts off 10% of the floating fans - 100 fans paying an average of say £15? The business model the club runs does not, and cannot, rely on home fans - we don't have the support.
Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 08:13 - May 22 with 1204 viewstazzydjr

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 01:24 - May 22 by oddjob007

Some of the comments on here don't half make me laugh, "the current product is turning into an exclusive private men's club," not a phrase I would generally associate with Rochdale AFC!

Cheaper match day refreshments and beer. So you cut the prices by say 20%. Are sales going to increase by more than 20% to justify this cut? I'd go with a pretty firm no. Therefore club loses money. Also, isn't this all stadium company revenue anyway?

Match ticket prices. We have around 1,500 hardcore fans who, the majority of, will have bought their season tickets by now. We have around 1,000 floating fans (like myself who lives 150 miles away.) Is the price rise going to put me off? No. Group of lads " Dale playing xxxx today, fancy going?" I doubt the response will be "nah they've put the tickets up a couple of quid from last season." Football, sport, is unique in that it takes a substantial price change to lose customers, a lot more than the c.10% that has been imposed on the floating fans. There is an enviable "brand" loyalty that other industries do not come close to. Countering that -so the few quid price rise puts off 10% of the floating fans - 100 fans paying an average of say £15? The business model the club runs does not, and cannot, rely on home fans - we don't have the support.

Milking the away fan's aren't always the solution, I've seen fast these League can change from Northern to Southern if there were some type of effort shown in building the fanbase like showing the town the clubs alive it shouldn't be just down to the Rochdale Supporters to do this it should be done off the pitch also if town's as small as Chesterfield, Bury, Shrewsbury & Oldham is doing it right attracting Floating Supporters, Rochdale can do exact same instead of keeping it in house to 1k Season Ticket Holders and hoping some golden nugget FA Cup Run happens every season i think the club are going about everything all wrong

The population of Rochdale is around 211,699+ people even a faction of that the Stadium would be sold out, lack of promotions killed our highest ever finish season in league 1
[Post edited 22 May 2015 8:16]

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 08:57 - May 22 with 1166 viewsHK_Dale

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 08:13 - May 22 by tazzydjr

Milking the away fan's aren't always the solution, I've seen fast these League can change from Northern to Southern if there were some type of effort shown in building the fanbase like showing the town the clubs alive it shouldn't be just down to the Rochdale Supporters to do this it should be done off the pitch also if town's as small as Chesterfield, Bury, Shrewsbury & Oldham is doing it right attracting Floating Supporters, Rochdale can do exact same instead of keeping it in house to 1k Season Ticket Holders and hoping some golden nugget FA Cup Run happens every season i think the club are going about everything all wrong

The population of Rochdale is around 211,699+ people even a faction of that the Stadium would be sold out, lack of promotions killed our highest ever finish season in league 1
[Post edited 22 May 2015 8:16]

But your proposed solution is not going to solve it.

Short term loss of revenue, through giving people free / £1 entry, isn't worth the risk because there is no guarantee people will come back. In our case they very rarely have. Similarly reducing prices to 2007/2008 prices doesn't necessarily attract a significant number of new fans.

People don't come to dale for reasons other than the cost, i.e. they support another team. I would argue that a cheap ticket would have a bearing on only a small number of these people turning up.

There needs to be a certain level of revenue to ensure we can compete (which we struggle with currently) on player / staff recruitment. If we reduced the cost of tickets, forgoing some of that revenue, then you would be one of the first carping about how the board have no ambition etc.
Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 09:09 - May 22 with 1156 viewstazzydjr

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 08:57 - May 22 by HK_Dale

But your proposed solution is not going to solve it.

Short term loss of revenue, through giving people free / £1 entry, isn't worth the risk because there is no guarantee people will come back. In our case they very rarely have. Similarly reducing prices to 2007/2008 prices doesn't necessarily attract a significant number of new fans.

People don't come to dale for reasons other than the cost, i.e. they support another team. I would argue that a cheap ticket would have a bearing on only a small number of these people turning up.

There needs to be a certain level of revenue to ensure we can compete (which we struggle with currently) on player / staff recruitment. If we reduced the cost of tickets, forgoing some of that revenue, then you would be one of the first carping about how the board have no ambition etc.

This season just gone no ambition were shown by them at the top anyhow anyway whats the plan B when someone comes in for the King and if history repeats itself?

Some old story just different day, different season, different year the years i saw ambition from the club off the pitch were Centenary year when everybody went to an effort off the pitch since the bucks have came in the club is losing supporters season after season because the product weren't used proper once we were originally promoted
[Post edited 22 May 2015 9:10]

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 09:21 - May 22 with 1134 viewsdingdangblue

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 09:09 - May 22 by tazzydjr

This season just gone no ambition were shown by them at the top anyhow anyway whats the plan B when someone comes in for the King and if history repeats itself?

Some old story just different day, different season, different year the years i saw ambition from the club off the pitch were Centenary year when everybody went to an effort off the pitch since the bucks have came in the club is losing supporters season after season because the product weren't used proper once we were originally promoted
[Post edited 22 May 2015 9:10]

If we had shown ambition , kept Done, got in play offs, got promoted this coming Sunday - Keith Hill would have been inundated with offers to leave - probably best we hang around here for a while yet - keep hold of 'the King' and enjoy a fantastic next season with loads of local derbies. What's not to like about that?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 09:26 - May 22 with 1125 viewstazzydjr

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 09:21 - May 22 by dingdangblue

If we had shown ambition , kept Done, got in play offs, got promoted this coming Sunday - Keith Hill would have been inundated with offers to leave - probably best we hang around here for a while yet - keep hold of 'the King' and enjoy a fantastic next season with loads of local derbies. What's not to like about that?

True but the fanbase shouldn't be taken for granted i hope the club put more of an effort in to attract new supporters around the town what really stunned me last season which other fellow league 1 sides reaped the rewards were promotional stuff they did for league 1 matches meanwhile there were nothing over this neck of the wood's

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 09:36 - May 22 with 1111 viewsisitme

This may just be me but I get the underlying tone from your posts that you just want cheaper admission as this will benefit you?

I remember when a bus ticket to town from Littleborough was £0.12. I bet it is a lot more now? Prices of everything go up, that is inflation for you. Season ticket prices were frozen for 5 years. Unfortunately if we want the club to increase their income and recruit perceived better players then as a fanbase we will have to contribute more. As others have said how effective are 'one off promotions/offers etc' at creating regular supporters? If you cut prices does it necessarily lead to in an increase in income? Our season ticket prices are excellent value for money.

One thing I would agree with, which I have posted before is it might be an idea to offer 10 game ticket packs to encourage less frequent supporters to attend more often, especially this season when we have more derby games.

As for the 'Centenary Plan' you are constantly harping on about, was it not just that season tickets in general were cheaper nearly 10 years ago? It would be interesting to compare the number of season tickets sold during that season to this.
Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 09:39 - May 22 with 1100 viewsdingdangblue

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 09:26 - May 22 by tazzydjr

True but the fanbase shouldn't be taken for granted i hope the club put more of an effort in to attract new supporters around the town what really stunned me last season which other fellow league 1 sides reaped the rewards were promotional stuff they did for league 1 matches meanwhile there were nothing over this neck of the wood's

Yes last season there was a lack of publicity/promotion of the club in what turned out to be our best ever season (league position wise) - and our home form after Christmas was great upto the Swindon game. Maybe all the Stadium Company wrangling was just taking its toll? Hopefully this season will see an improvement with some fresh ideas.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Login to get fewer ads

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 09:49 - May 22 with 1079 viewsTVOS1907

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 09:36 - May 22 by isitme

This may just be me but I get the underlying tone from your posts that you just want cheaper admission as this will benefit you?

I remember when a bus ticket to town from Littleborough was £0.12. I bet it is a lot more now? Prices of everything go up, that is inflation for you. Season ticket prices were frozen for 5 years. Unfortunately if we want the club to increase their income and recruit perceived better players then as a fanbase we will have to contribute more. As others have said how effective are 'one off promotions/offers etc' at creating regular supporters? If you cut prices does it necessarily lead to in an increase in income? Our season ticket prices are excellent value for money.

One thing I would agree with, which I have posted before is it might be an idea to offer 10 game ticket packs to encourage less frequent supporters to attend more often, especially this season when we have more derby games.

As for the 'Centenary Plan' you are constantly harping on about, was it not just that season tickets in general were cheaper nearly 10 years ago? It would be interesting to compare the number of season tickets sold during that season to this.

Your first sentence is the bottom line in all this.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 09:52 - May 22 with 1077 viewsHK_Dale

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 09:36 - May 22 by isitme

Agree with all of this.

I don't recall many things being much different off the field in the centenary season.

In fact, the data from the thousands of floating fans who went to wembley hasn't really been used in any meaningful way.
Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 10:12 - May 22 with 1050 viewsdingdangblue

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 09:52 - May 22 by HK_Dale

Agree with all of this.

I don't recall many things being much different off the field in the centenary season.

In fact, the data from the thousands of floating fans who went to wembley hasn't really been used in any meaningful way.

Wouldn't Ticketmaster have all the data from Wembley ticket sales? Maybe confidentiality means they couldn't pass on that data? Just sayin. The club still should do better contacting potential customers be it facebook/Twitter/e-mail. Hopefully this will improve from now on.

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 10:33 - May 22 with 1034 viewsjokerthief

Important to play the big games at home,when there is little distraction.
Playing at home to Sheffield United, while Man City v Barcelona was live on T.V. was ridiculous.
Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 10:44 - May 22 with 1019 viewsBobbyjoe

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 09:49 - May 22 by TVOS1907

Your first sentence is the bottom line in all this.

Nonetheless, doesn't invalidate any of his points.
Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 10:49 - May 22 with 1007 viewsTVOS1907

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 10:33 - May 22 by jokerthief

Important to play the big games at home,when there is little distraction.
Playing at home to Sheffield United, while Man City v Barcelona was live on T.V. was ridiculous.

There's not a lot we can do about the Champions League. That competition has expanded to such a size that clashes with domestic football are inevitable.

Dale and Sheffield United had games to fit in because of cup runs and Football League rules say they have to arrange them ASAP in case of further postponements.

We've played on Champions League nights before and had decent crowds - in Tazzy's Utopian Centenary Season, for example - and also played on non-Champions League nights and had poor crowds.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 10:50 - May 22 with 1004 viewsHK_Dale

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 10:12 - May 22 by dingdangblue

Wouldn't Ticketmaster have all the data from Wembley ticket sales? Maybe confidentiality means they couldn't pass on that data? Just sayin. The club still should do better contacting potential customers be it facebook/Twitter/e-mail. Hopefully this will improve from now on.

Normally with any outsourced arrangement, like the one with Ticketmaster, usually client ownership remains with the beneficiary, i.e. the club. Ticketmaster then benefits by taking a share of ticket sales and booking fees etc. Can't speak for this occasion, but even just having a list of email addresses would have been incredibly useful.

The social media point is interesting - for not very much cost you can implement systems that will monitor key words or phrases across social media channels. You can use this to target promotions and also gauge responses to club activities, which means you can tailor your marketing strategy accordingly.
Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 10:52 - May 22 with 961 viewsTVOS1907

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 10:44 - May 22 by Bobbyjoe

Nonetheless, doesn't invalidate any of his points.

SOME of his points are valid, but he just wants cheaper (or free) admission for himself at Spotland, while at the same time swanning off to the Czech Republic and watching Burnley, thereby invalidating his argument.
[Post edited 22 May 2015 10:52]

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 11:06 - May 22 with 949 viewsParkinsGimp

Logan wont come on a free so no chance of him signing...all this extra income just disappears somewhere, it wont be spent on players so dont get your hopes up. Doubt they will push the boat out on the wage bill either...the boards philosophy is that we did really well last season so we will be ok in the coming season, no need to spend anything. Keith will work wonders again...and again and again...very nieve attitude to think no other team will improve. sCUNThorpe have improved already with Dawson signing!
Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 11:11 - May 22 with 933 viewsdingdangblue

Commercially next season is a massive open goal for the club - if we cant get the townfolk down to Spotland for League 1 games against bury, Oldham, Wigan, Blackpool, Sheff Utd, Barnsley and hopefully Preston we never will. Big efforts must be made!

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 11:15 - May 22 with 928 viewsRalphs12

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 10:52 - May 22 by TVOS1907

SOME of his points are valid, but he just wants cheaper (or free) admission for himself at Spotland, while at the same time swanning off to the Czech Republic and watching Burnley, thereby invalidating his argument.

Don't be stupid, he's advertising the club while at the tournament don't you know?! We really should subsidise his trip.
Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 11:30 - May 22 with 908 viewsdingdangblue

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 11:06 - May 22 by ParkinsGimp

Logan wont come on a free so no chance of him signing...all this extra income just disappears somewhere, it wont be spent on players so dont get your hopes up. Doubt they will push the boat out on the wage bill either...the boards philosophy is that we did really well last season so we will be ok in the coming season, no need to spend anything. Keith will work wonders again...and again and again...very nieve attitude to think no other team will improve. sCUNThorpe have improved already with Dawson signing!

Logan will come on a free - he's out of contract.

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 11:45 - May 22 with 880 viewsBobbyjoe

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 10:52 - May 22 by TVOS1907

No, his argument is incontrovertible, regardless of his motives.
Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 11:50 - May 22 with 866 viewsTVOS1907

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 11:45 - May 22 by Bobbyjoe

It isn't.

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 11:51 - May 22 with 855 viewsHK_Dale

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 11:45 - May 22 by Bobbyjoe

You're trolling, right?

His argument is just, tickets should be cheaper, this will definitely increase the number of fans. Neither point has been supported by any evidence and it has been shown that the season tickets work out at fantastic value.

Tazzy is a mercenary - his priority isn't dale. If it was, he would have bought a season ticket over other jaunts to former soviet countries and trips to burnley....
Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 11:52 - May 22 with 844 viewsTVOS1907

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 11:15 - May 22 by Ralphs12

Don't be stupid, he's advertising the club while at the tournament don't you know?! We really should subsidise his trip.

Good point; totally forgot about that.

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 12:00 - May 22 with 817 viewsParkinsGimp

Forecasted extra revenue for next season on 11:30 - May 22 by dingdangblue

Logan will come on a free - he's out of contract.

Brilliant if correct, now all we need is a free transfer centre mid and two decent forwards . You cheered me up already .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024